Star Crossed Lovers RagLak

By Live_Till_It_Hurts

RagLak Money. Brother. Power. Those were all he needed. Those were all he valued. But then...then came she... More

Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter-V
Chapter-VI
Chapter VII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter-XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII

Chapter VIII

415 66 46
By Live_Till_It_Hurts

Hi ya! Nice to see the regular readers are following each update regularly. Makes you feel successful to be able to maintain the readers' interest. Hehe...

Much love to all! 😍

Moving on...💃💃💃

"Words in double quotes" - Tslking

'Words in single quotes' - Thoughts

(Words in braces) - Telephone conversations

Chapter 8 - Decisions

"Then you both should go work for it!"

Both Laksh and Sanskar looked up at the voice.

It was Adarsh.

Adarsh came near and smiled at them. "No one is keeping you from living your lives. If you want, I'm giving you the easy choice. I'm giving both of you the opportunity to get out of this line of work."

Laksh snorted. "Yeah, right. Like its so easy."

"Look. You both just need to go away and lay low. I'm pretty sure I can somehow manage to clear your record of all the illegal works Laksh. Sanskar's is already clean. Once it's done, you can both be free of this underworld business."

Sanskar gaped at Adarsh's suggestion. "You...you're joking! Is it really possible for us to lead normal lives too?"

"Yes Sanky. It's no-"

"No Sanky. He's being a dork." Laksh chided. "Do you really think our enemies will just forget about me because I left this work? No. Instead, it will make it more easy for them to target us. We won't have any guns or ammo with us because we will be normal citizens, won't we? And even if I'm ready to take the risk, I'll be damned if something happens to you!"

"That's why I'm there, aren't I?" Adarsh smiled at him. "Lucky, you're family to me. You both are! And all the men with us? You've helped them and their families more than they can ever thank. They're ready to protect you forever! We'll be your shadows who shall always protect you."

"Yeah. And I can still be working with Adarsh to make sure the he and the others are okay. After all, I'm maintains a good profile right now, aren't I?" Sanskar pointed out.

"I can't ask you all to put yourself in danger because of me! Besides, I can't just abandon all of you and go on to lead a normal life. Sanskar will be in danger. You will be in danger. I'm not that selfish!" Laksh argued. "Tell him Sanky. Aren't I right?"

Sanskar hesitated, but steeled up. "For once, be selfish then."

Laksh looked at him in disbelief. "What!?"

"Yeah, be selfish! Why must you always be the one to sacrifice? Isn't sacrificing your entire life for me enough? You gave up your dreams, your wishes, even your morals for me. Let me help you get out. Can't you allow me to do the same for you...just this once?"

"Sanskar's right Laksh. Let us help you."

"But...but...ugh!" Laksh sighed in frustration. "I can't just burden you like this Adarsh."

Adarsh shook his head. "No I'm not burdened." he came near and placed a hand on Laksh's shoulder. "Laksh, you and Sanskar are family to me. And for you both, I can do anything. If Bhalla saheb was alive, he would have wanted the same. He saw you as his son Laksh. More than the business, he would have wanted your happiness."

Laksh felt like a child wanting to weep in their parents' arms. Adarsh was like a parent for him. He so badly wanted to hug. "Man, must you be this convincing. You're so annoying, both of you!" he chided, covering up his vulnerable state.

Sanskar chuckled. "Adarsh, I take it as him saying thanks to you. He looks about to cry."

"Shut up! It's all your fault!"

"Oi oi! You're the one crying. Not me!"

"Well, you made me!"

"Hahaha! So you admit you're crying?" Adarsh joked.

'There goes my male pride.' Laksh glared at their smirking faces. "Whatever!"

"Emotions aren't weaknesses bro. It's okay to cry."

"Yeah yeah, whatever!" Laksh sneered. "Let's get some nail polish, some clips and braid each others' hair like high school girls next. You're making me that sappy."

"You're a jerk. I was only trying to console you."

"I never asked you to."

"Ungrateful monkey."

"Chicken hair."

Adarsh chuckled at their antics. He walked forward and pulled them into a hug. "Go boys. Go and live your life. I'll take care of the gang. You both go and be the man your girls would want you to be." seeing them turn teary eyed again, he groaned. "Aww...cry babies the both of you!" Adarsh joked. However, he himself couldn't keep his own tears from appearing.

#Next day#

"Hi!"

Ragini looked at him with a bright smile. "Finally! You're here!"

"Yep! But you still didn't say why you called me here."

"Well, I'll tell you. But first answer me one thing." Ragini placed her hand on her chin in thought, narrowing her eyes at him in the process. "Why do you look so happy today?"

Laksh shrugged, the smile never leaving his face. "Because."

"Because is not an answer."

"It's a conjunction I believe."

"Har, har...not funny Laksh."

"Lel."

"Lul?"

"Laugh Ultra Loud! Hahaha!"

Ragini looked at him like he grew an extra head. "Are you being silly on purpose Laksh? Do I need to smack your head?" she asked in irritation when he wouldn't stop grinning.

"Oh you wouldn't do that. Since, you're the apple to my pie, the straw to my berry!"

Ragini gagged. "Could you be more tacky, Laksh?" nevertheless, his cheery behavior seemed contagious. She couldn't help the giggle that broke out on her face seeing Laksh so out of character, but so care free. "Tell me already! What's the matter? Why are you so happy?"

Laksh chuckled and sat down on the bench with a content sigh. He glimpsed at her and winked. "You're beside me. I'm beside you. Do I need any other reason to be happy?"

Ragini gave up trying to find the source of his behaviour. There was no way she could outsmart his humor or wit. "Alright. Don't tell me. But let's not delay."

"Delay where?" Laksh questioned, resting his right leg on the other and putting his elbow on it casually.

"We're going to my home today."

"Eh? Why so?"

"For you to meet my mother."

At once, Laksh's hand that was supporting his chin dropped off in shock. "Wh-what?"

"You and I are going to meet my mother. She wants to see you."

"You...you told her about me!?"

Ragini shuffled her feet and looked down biting her lip. "Well...kind of?"

"Kind of? Kind of?! Ragini, I'm not prepared to meet the family yet!" Laksh panicked.

"It's not like I planned to speak about you so soon. It's just that she heard me talking to you on the phone. She came to ask me and I got nervous! So I just blurted out the truth." she admitted.

However, the truth was that Swara spoke about her and Sanskar to their mother. When her mother kept enquiring about his family, Swara ended up blurting about Laksh and how 'Ragini di knows him well'. This led to her mother questioning her and the rest was history.

"Ragini! There is a reason people lie. Couldn't you have done that for now? At least you could have given me sometime to prepare."

"I couldn't lie to my mother about this Laksh. Besides, we would have had to tell her one day. Or is it..." Ragini glared at him. "Or were you planning on abandoning me?"

"Of course not! But...but it's your mom! I mean, I need to have some preparation."

Ragini rolled her eyes at his exclamation. "She's my mother. It's not like she's a dinosaur to whom I'm bringing you as a meal. Not to mention, what preparation are you talking about? It's not like you have to get dressed in a saree, prepare tea and snacks or maintain a way of sitting and smiling 'like a lady' as they put it."

"But...but..."

"No more buts. Come with me!"

Laksh grabbed her hand and stopped her. "No, no, no! I'm not ready!"

"Yes you are!"

"My confidence level is 0 right now!"

Ragini looked at him with a glare.

With a bold look, she grabbed his chin and brought his face closer. "Listen here Maheshwari. If I'm getting married to a guy, it's you. So you better make sure my mother isn't disappointed with you. As for your confidence..." she stood on her tip toes and kissed him on the lips.

Laksh, too panicked and shocked, only could widen his eyes at her actions.

Swara had told him once how her di was fierce as a lioness whenever she was determined about something or it was about defending her family. She was unafraid to go against anything that threatened to harm her loved ones.

It was the first time he had seen this side of hers. To say he was impressed would be an understatement. All he wanted to do was grab her waist, pull her closer and kiss her harder.

However, in his fear of messing up the meeting with her mother, he stood there like a statue letting her have her way with him.

Just when he was about to respond, Ragini stepped back with a smirk. "What about now? Got your confidence?"

"No. I think I need a little more boost."

Ragini hit him on the arm. "Stop being a pervert. Get your mind out of the gutter and let's go meet my mother."

"Wow...that rhymed. I think this environment is bringing out the poet in you. Why don't we work on writing some poems for today, eh?"

If look could kill, Laksh would be dead.

Twice.

"Laksh! Stop with the stupid excuses! Come on! Don't be a child. Let's go!"

"No, I'm not going!" Laksh squeaked out. "Oh why? Why would you do this to me Ragini?!" Laksh cried out dramatically, imaginary tears flowing out.

"Ugh! Shh! If one I think I can't stand, it's to see a grown man cry!" Ragini chided. "Now man up and come on!"

Laksh swallowed the lump in his throat and took in a deep breath. There seemed to be no way out.

He gathered up his courage to face her mother. After all, there was no way he could run away. Ragini was gripping his hand in her vice grip, all the while glaring at him like she would leave him forever if he ran away. "Okay okay! But don't blame me if I get nervous. It's totally your fault for not informing me first."

"Fine fine. Just be yourself and tell her how much you love me. If you can prove your love for me to Maa, then I can gurantee that she'll accept you as her son-in-law."

"I see." he let out a breath and put on his signature smirk. "Then let's go and prove our love!" with that goal in mind, he walked forward to meet Ragini's mother.

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

To be continued...

If you liked this chapter, consider giving a vote. Thanks!
🌹~ Mona🌹

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22K 1.4K 11
What happens if he loves her, but she doesn't love him?
169K 6.7K 40
A raglak Fanfiction based on swaragini serial track ( Fake love). If laksh left ragini after faking his love. how ragini lived and where? He didn...
35.9K 2.3K 21
A lone tear excapes her eyes as she tried to control her emotions. Every one was busy with themselves and laksh moved towards her. "Ragu are you alri...