Baby Girl

By Truly_MadlyDeeply

Three years ago Avery-Rose had her entire life set in stone. She was a model, cheerleader, had the perfect bo... More

Baby Girl
[1] Back Home
[2] Loki
[3] Big Girl Bed
[4] Baby Daddy
[5] First Impressions
[6] Full house
[7] Gone
[8] Valentine's Day
[9] The Beauty of London
[10] Din With Quinn
[11] Guess Kids
[12] Kylie & Khloé
[13] Family Lunch
[14] Daddy Directioner
[15] Put On a Smile
[16] Nightmares
[17] Confrontations
[18] New friends
[19] Tea Parties
[20] Happinies
[21] Waterpark
[22] Home
[23] Burnt
[24] Articles
[25] Breakfast
[26] Meet Daddy
[27] Jeg Lag
Author's Note
[28] Different Person
[29] surprises
[30] Up All Night
[31] Piggy Backs
[32] Food Fights
[33] Court Date
[35] Going to Daddy's
[36] Lullabies
[37] Decisions
[38] Final
[39] Epilogue Part I
[40] Epilogue Part 2
I HAVE A QUESTION

[34] Court Room Surprises

3.9K 130 23
By Truly_MadlyDeeply

Liam

.

.

.

.

.

Some would say I am a complete asshole for calling on Avery's mother. Others would say I'm a complete idiot.

I mean why would a mother fight against their own daughter?

But none of them know her like I do. I know how to persuade her mother into things. And I know how frustrated her mother gets with Avery.

No one stands. I turn around and try to find her. I find Avery's dad, but he's sitting with some blonde haired thirty year old.

Then I look at Avery, who is in just complete shock. She doesn't say anything. I see Niall stand so he can lean over the tiny divider separating us from the crowd and whisper something in Avery's ear. Avery nods and Niall stands up straight.

"Your honour, Mrs. Parker passed away two and a half years ago." he states before sitting back down.

What? Dana died?

Ed looks at me like I should have known this fact. Which I should have? When did I become so distant.

"She probably just didn't tell you because she wanted attention. " Ash whispers in my ear.

There's a chatter that starts around the room that slowly gets louder.

"Order! Order in my court." the judge yells.

"Just move on to the next one." I can hear Ashlyn tell Ed over my shoulder.

When the crowd quiets down, Ed stands back up.

"We're sorry for your loss Miss. Parker. But moving on, we would like to call forth the sister of Miss. Parker. Alice Parker." In that moment I hear Avery laugh.

It wasn't a laugh you would hear if you heard something funny. Oh no. It was a sarcastic laugh. She used to do that when we were younger, it was how she hid her tears.

When I look back over, Avery is crying.

Shit. Did Alice die to?

No bullshit! There is no possible way that both her mother and sister died.

She's making this up! Who would sink low enough to pretend their own sister is dead?

Avery would. That's for sure.

"Bullshit!" I say out loud. "How is it possible that each witness we call forward is supposedly dead?"

"I hate to be the one to let you down Mr. Payne, but maybe you should have paid attention to your home town a little more while away. The death of Miss. Alice Parker was one known all around here, and also a case I dealt with and am still dealing with. So I'm calling a recess and you can use this time to find a witness that is still with us. Court dismissed." the judge says and my jaw dropped. How did I not hear about this? Why didn't my parent tell me? How could I be so insensitive?

"I'll be back." Ashlyn whispers. I sit staring into space.

When I look to the side, I see Avery storm out of the room with Niall by her side. I stand up and run after her.

"Avery!" I yell and she stops in her steps and turns.

"What do you want? Would you like to ruin my life a little more?" she spits.

"Avery I had no idea." I whisper.

"Of course you had no idea. You're an asshole. You are a inconsiderate, coincided celebrity who literally does not care about anything but their career, the girls they get and the money you make!" She yells.

"That's not true! I care about a lot of things!" I yell back.

"Like what Liam?" she laughs.

"My parents! My sisters! The boys! Ellie! And at one point, in case you don't remember, I cared about you!"

"Really? you cared about me?" She laughs again. "you don't even know the first thing about me or Ellie." she spits.

"Well, I know that you love the summer the most because it's not as rainy, I know your favourite place is London because of all the hustle bustle. I know that you're scared of trusting people because you were raped! And I know that there's nothing better to you then being behind that camera because no matter what you're wearing you have a personality behind it!"

"I love the winter because of the scenery and I love the snow, My favourite place is sitting in the couch with Ellie watching her princess cartoons because I love the sparkle in her eyes when she talks about being a princess, and there's nothing better to me then being a mother because that's who I am! I gave up everything for that little girl because I love her so much. I love her more then myself. You don't know anything about me.

"And what about Ellie? What's her favourite colour? Where's her favourite place? Who is her favourite person? What's her best friends name? What's he favourite food? What was her first word? Do you even know her birthday?"

"I- I don't know any of that." I admit.

"Pink, The Park, Elsa from Frozen, Logan, pancakes, Mama and December 25th 2010." she says in order. "You don't know the first thing about her? How do you expect to be her father?"

"I would have know if you would have told me." I simply said.

"What did you think we're in those letters Liam?" she cries. "I tried to tell you! I don't see why you don't understand that?"

"Blue-"

"Don't." she warns. "Ellie almost died at birth. Doctors didn't think she would live. Ellie almost died almost two years ago. So did I. Each one of those letters said something about her and her growth. When she was sick, when she took her first steps. anything."

"I just thought you were a crazy ex" I admit. As bad as it sounds, I did.

She reaches into her purse, ignoring my comment, and pulls out an envelope and hands it to me.

"This is the first letter I wrote. I never had the guts to send this one. I don't know why though. I always kept in my purse. Again no idea why, I just did. You should read it at some point." Is the last thing she says to me before walking away.

I sit down on the bench and open the letter. It was written in pink pen and it still had the scent of her perfume. She always did the same thing with every letter she wrote. She sprays it with her perfume before sending it off.

December 5th, 2010

My dearest Liam,

To be totally honest, I have no idea how to start this or what to say. They say teenagers these days don't know what the post is, but honestly I believe that letters are a beautiful way of communication.

Anyways, it's been about six months since you left me, five months since you were put into a band, and three months since you got a new girlfriend.

In the last six months, my life has fallen apart: My mum was diagnosed with breast cancer, and surprise, she's not going to make it. Plus, I walked into my parents bedroom to grab something and I saw my dad having sex with this other girl. And worst of all, I found out I was pregnant.

My dad kicked me out of my home and now I'm living with my sick mother, who moved out after everything.

Adam and Alice are both off at Uni, and honestly don't want anything to do with me at this point. They think I should have kept the secret and kept the family together... Like this was all my fault.

Life sucks.

But I'm so glad that you're living your dream, Liam. So freakin glad.

I watched one of your live performances back in November, before you guys got third place. I thought you deserved more.I think you still deserve more.

I guess I should go back to the part where I said I was pregnant huh? Well.. I am.

And I guess I'm writing this to let you know that you're going to be a dad.

Remember how you asked me if I wanted kids? It was that day at the park, the one right behind your mums house. We were sitting on the swings and you said 'we can take our kids here when we get older' and then you saw the look on my face and you realized that I didn't want kids. You always said you would change my mind Li, I guess you did.

I don't want to tell your parents and have them tell you because I want you to know first. I don't want you to hear it from anybody else.

I'm six months pregnant. And I'm due in March of next year.

Along with this letter, I sent a copy of the ultrasound of our baby. Thought you'd might like it.

I want you to be a part of this baby's life, but I also want you to live your dream because seeing you on stage is the best thing in the world.

We may have broke up, and you may have destroyed my heart, but I still care about you and your happiness. I always have and I always will Liam.

Live your dream for the both of us, since I gave up mine.

Forever yours,

Aveey.

P.s that nickname is still saved for you. like it always has been.

I put down and wiped a tear. Oh God, I was tearing up.

I wonder why she never sent this letter. There's nothing wrong with it. It was beautiful actually. It shared a lot of memories.

But At the same time, it was so sad.

This all happened before I'm guessing. I had no idea her mum had cancer, or that her parents split or that she got kicked out...

If I were here, I would have been with her every step of the way. There would be no reason for her to be sad... But of course when she started to feel better, I ruined her.., again.

I didn't even think that getting a new girlfriend would upset her, I was just trying to get over her to be totally honest. I never really did.

I mean just seeing her walk around with her boyfriend... Ben or whatever... hurts. What's even worse is seeing her cute little dimples come out every time Niall makes her laugh. Her eyes brighten and her smile widens when she's with him. Something she only did with me.

My brain is literally going a million miles per minute thinking about all of this and I hate it.

No one is good enough for my Aveey.

But she's not my Aveey any more.

She hasn't been mine in a long time.

But I want her to be. I want my perfect happy little family that I always talked about with her.

Oh shit.

I still love her.

.

.

.

.

.

Avery-Rose

.

.

.

,

,

He infuriates me so much. I can't stand him!

Not one part of me remembers why I ever loved him in the first place.

They say that you'll always sort of care for your first love, but at this point; I want him to rot.

Okay maybe that's a little extreme.

But who is just so insensitive that they don't even know that their best friends Mum and sister died? I mean I practically grew up with his family, our parents were best friends. The fact that it never crossed him is terrible.

"Momma! I found you!" Ellie cheers. I didn't see her at first until her little voice called me. She was sitting in between Niall and Nora with Logan sitting on the floor in front of them.

I wonder how Niall made it past me and over to Ellie without me noticing?

I guess I was to focused on Liam.

"Hey baby, how are you." I ask, I keep standing a little farther from them. I know we're going to have to go back in soon so I don't want to get comfortable.

"Good! Logan and I played with his cars! one of them was red! Momma it was red!" she says excitedly. I have no idea why she's so excited over the colour red.

"What's so cool about the colour red?" Niall chuckles.

"It's the same colour as ligting mckim!" she's says. I know she's entirely off and that a good mother would correct her, but that was the cutest thing.

"Can we go to the meeting room for a sec? I need to tell you something." Niall says. I nod and he stands. I go closer to Ellie and give her a kiss on the forehead.

"I'll be back soon baby, be good." I remind her while walking away.

Niall walks in front of me while we walk to a meeting room. I'm trying to think about what he could possibly need to tell me, but I can't figure it out.

Niall opens up the door slightly and then closes it quickly. His face is flushed and he looks like he just saw a ghost.

"Ni? what's wrong?" I ask him.

"Um, we should go find another room. there's-um- somebody in here." he stutters.

"Who?" I ask and he shakes his head. I push past him and swing the door open. I can hear his protests, but I open it anyways.

When it's open I see the back of a broad man with a girls legs wrapped around his torso. The girl was sitting on the table and playing with the boys hair and kissing his neck.. I know that boy.

"Ben?" I whisper.

He jumps out of Ashlyn's grasp and runs over and grabs my hand. My chest feels tight, and my eyes are watering.

"Avery, it's not what it looks like." he says.

"Really.. so you weren't just hooking up with her?" I ask, motioning my hand to Ashlyn, who's fixing her dress straps.

Ben's dress shirt is partly unbuttoned and his hair a mess.

"Did you think I just wouldnt know or find out?" I ask, trying to keep the tears back.

"Ave, I'm sorry." he whispers.

"Ben, leave." I sternly say.

"Avery-Rose don't do this." he warns.

"You heard her." Niall says, pushing Ben back. "go."

"But-"

"Leave!" Niall yells.

I stand behind Niall as I watch Ben walk out of the room and into the hallway.

"Wait," I stop him. He turns around, with hope in his eyes. "How many were there Ben?"

He looks down for a moment. "I was lonely." he whispers.

"How many?" I ask, slightly raising my voice.

"9" he says and I snap my head away from him.

"You can leave now." Riley says. I don't know where she came from, or how long she's been here, but thank God for her.

Ben walks away further, I can hear Ellie from a distance asking him where he was going. I don't think he answered because all I heard was Ellie repeating his name and Nora telling her to sit back down.

"And Ashlyn, just because liam is an asshole, doesn't mean he's not my brother. I'm going to tell him about this. just you wait." he tells her as she scurries away from us.

"Avery I'm so sorry." Riley says, coming up behind us.

"It's not your fault Riley. It mine."

"It's not your fault Ave!" Niall says.

"Of course it is, I let another person into my life. I trusted another person and he broke me. Things don't change in my life." I shrug. "TJ didn't love me, Liam didn't love me, Ben didn't love me. It's hopeless looking for someone who does." I walk away from the two of them and back into the court room. I ignore everyone calling my name and I just sit in my seat quietly.

Soon the court starts again. The lawyers are calling people left right and centre. People like Ruth, Ellie's day care workers, Riley and one of my old co workers.

It came to 9pm and the judge dismissed court for the day, calling us back for Monday (because saturday and Sunday were already booked and she thought we'd be finished by today, she was wrong.

"Could I have both parties up to the stand?" she asks. Both Liam, me and our lawyers make our way to where she was standing.

"Because there is no current evidence of Liam being unable to father Elizabeth, he will have her for the weekend. Ms. Parker, you have an hour to pack her some things and say goodbyes. Mr. Payne, she is to be brought back to her mothers house Sunday evening at 4pm. No later. If you have any problems you are to call Ms. Parker right away. Do you both understand?" Both Liam and I nod.

As much as I hate to give Ellie up, he's only with her for the weekend. I understand that he should have a 'test run' with her. I just hope he doesn't hurt my little girl.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

A/n: wow this chapter had 12000 things going on.

Okay so a court case probably doesn't work out this way, but it's fiction ... So it ain't real ;)

So you kinda learn what Avery was thinking when she was pregnant. you find out later why she didn't send the letter.

Also Liam screws up tremendously in the next chapter so get ready

It'll be emotional

AND I UPDATED SO QUICKLY LIKE WOW THIS HASNT HAPPENED IN FOREVER

if you read my other fan fics (WHICH YOU SHOULD) I'll update those soon, IVE just been really stressed with school and my friends are annoying and I have too figure out what I want it so with my life and yea

Okay I'm going to sleep now

Oh wait side note .... okay so I know because this is based in England Ellie would be saying 'mummy' Instead of 'mommy' but I hate the way 'mummy' looks... that's why I say 'momma' instead of 'mama' idk it's just a me thing

IM ALMOST AT 1k VOTES AND IM EMOTIONAL

AND ALL THE READS LIKE THANK YOU ALL OF YOU. If I get to 50k reads I might actually cry ... true story yo.

Okay so

Vote, comment, predict, follow, read, spread world peace, hi mom, goodnight, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite

Xx Lexx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2M 97.9K 46
"Nice try," I said and the smile on his face grew wider. My eyes took in every inch of his face with pleasure. I continued, "But you've got to try be...
86.9K 2K 27
Amy is an ordinary rodeo girl. She is a professional Barrel Racer that only cares about the rodeo, friends an family . She doesn't really like many b...
292K 5.4K 35
Where Louis and Harry post about their lives.
303K 12.2K 67
After his wife leaves him, leaving behind only divorce papers as she heads for Toledo, FP is left a single dad to their 4 year old daughter, Ellie. ...