Strictly Business

By TheRealOP

"It's so simple," I say. "All we have to do is pretend we're in love with each other. You know, hold hands... More

Strictly Business
Strictly Business~Persuasion and Vandalism
Strictly Business~First Dates and First Lies
Strictly Business~Testosterone and Maggot Cheese
Strictly Business~Melted Skittles and Psychology
Strictly Business~Pimples and Psychology
Strictly Business~ New Managment and Fake Kisses
Strictly Business~Awkward Moments and Awkward Situations
Strictly Business~ Confessions and Neon Trees
Strictly Business~ Cheerleading and Shirtless Jackson
Strictly Business~ Taco Shells and Mind Games
Strictly Business~ Cheese Nips and Weston's Agenda
Strictly Business~ Deflating Boobs and Dangerous Snooping
Strictly Business~ Weston's Absence and Weston's Appearance
Strictly Business~ R.E.V.E.N.G.E and Landfills
Strictly Business~ Candid Camera and Butt Floss
Strictly Business~ Beef Spleen and Pickpocketing
Strictly Business~ Miranda Rights and Tragedies
Strictly Business~ Slavery and Spit
Strictly Business~ Second Dates and Propositions
Strictly Business~ Seizures and Sneezing
Strictly Business~ Sneezy Snouts and Project Partners
Strictly Business~ Giant Sized Crap and Addelyn's Revenge
Strictly Business~ Weston's Abdomen and Kitchen Fires
Strictly Business~ Butt Rags and Blue Dye
Strictly Business~ Quitter Talk and Corsages
Strictly Business~ Parental Faculties and Co-ed Sleepovers
Strictly Business~ Fights With Feathers and Prince Charming
Strictly Business~ Incognito and Falling From Trees
Strictly Business~ Exploding Toilets and Laxatives
Strictly Business~ Recorders and Nostalgia
Strictly Business~ Metrosexual and The Return of Brutus's Pee
Strictly Business~ Carnivals and Manslaves
Strictly Business~ Prom Night and Power Flower Hotlines
Strictly Business~ Breakaway Pants and Man Thongs
Strictly Business~ Epilogue

Strictly Business~ Cheek Chillers and Breast Cancer

112K 2.5K 461
By TheRealOP

     Reputation

     E

     V

     E

     N

     G

     E

     PHASE ONE

     Simple is a word that’s been coming up quite frequently.  Weston used it last night to explain the plan.  I used it when I wanted to get Weston to help me break up Jackson and Kristina.  But one thing I’m beginning to find out as these plans continue is that they are anything but simple. 

     I walk into the locker room, cringing slightly as I hear the water from the shower run.  I planned on a lot of things happening during Weston’s operation, but sneaking into a locker room while Jackson’s showering is not something I’m prepared to do.  Not at all.    

     I hold on tight to the small, white bag in my hands, walking up to the red locker number 182.  I keep my feet soft, so my steps aren’t too loud against the cold concrete floor.  I start to spin the code onto the lock, a code that I’m all-too-familiar with, before the  locker opens for me.  I grab his gym clothes and normal clothes, pushing them in the white bag with a smirk on my face.  Weston’s been rubbing off on me seriously. I replace his original clothes with a pair of ‘Wombat’ shorts and a pink tank top.  And to make it better, they’re both in his size.

     And with that, I exit the locker room, silently awaiting the moment when Phase One of Reputation kick starts into action, and Jackson is made to look like the fool he’s always been.

     By this time, Jackson is probably scrambling for his clothes, but he should be realizing that the only way he can exit is if he puts on the clothes left in his locker.  Any moment now, and he’ll be desperately running to the lost and found, looking for a replacement.  Unfortunately for him, the lost and found is halfway down the hall, which gives a good amount of time for Weston to fulfill his part of the plan.

     At exactly 10:48, I can hear Weston’s voice ring merrily down the hallway.  There are other voices too, and by the sound of it, he might’ve gotten a good amount of the team to follow.  I go inside an empty classroom to keep myself out of sight, but I keep my ear pressed to the way, so that I can hear what they’re saying. 

     “So yeah, I was walking by the locker rooms, and it sounded like Armageddon was going on in there.”  Weston says.

     “I bet it was those Wombats.  You know, the basketball players from Stratford Prep.  They know we’re playing them in a couple of weeks and they’re trying to intimidate us.”  A guy named Ryan speaks up.

     “I believe it was a girl.  I saw someone in a pair of shorts that read the word ‘Wombat’ on the back.”  Weston replies, and I try to stifle my laugh.

     “Of course.  You can’t ever trust a Stratford girl.”  Another guy says, and I hear some others agree, as they near the locker room.

     And just as we had hoped, Jackson steps out of the locker room at that very moment, panic covering his face.  He’s shirtless, probably opting out to wear the tank-top in order to have some semblance of dignity left, but he’s wearing the shorts.  And apparently that was more than enough for his audience. 

     At the perfect time, Weston says, “Oops, my mistake.  That wasn’t a girl.  That was Jackson.”

     I’m expecting the guys to burst out into laughter, because I sure feel like I will any second now.  But their faces are serious, probably because of the giant Wombat symbol that’s on the side of the shorts.

     “Please tell me Jackson is not sporting a pair of cheek chillers.”  Ryan says, shaking his head.  “Because that’s way more of his backside than anyone is interested in seeing.”

     Words don’t explain the pleasure I feel as a bright red blush colors Jackson’s cheeks, as he’s frozen in shock.  Another guy named Jeremiah frowns.  “Look, what you wear in your spare time makes no difference to me.  But the fact that you’re wearing a pair of shorts that come strictly from Stratford High worries me.  You committing treason or something?”

     This is just too good.

     Jackson doesn’t have anything to say.  Embarrassment has glued his mouth shut.   At least until he notices Weston in the group.  He points.  “Him.  It’s his fault.  He did this.”

     “Are you kidding me?  He’s been hanging out in the cafeteria the whole time.  He didn’t come and mess with your stuff.”  Jeremiah says.  “And as much as I want to eat you out right now, I can’t bear to look at you in those shorts.  My eyes burn with disgust.”

     A couple others chuckle along with him, before the group starts to head back in the other direction.  I’m so proud of Weston.  He’s already got the day going off to a very productive start.  Now, Jackson’s friends are skeptical of him, and maybe even a bit angry.  In their minds, he’s lost his reputation for being a loyal ‘Rambunctious Rabbit’. 

     And that’s exactly what we were going for. 

     ***

     I try to get around to talk to Weston, but he seems to disappear before I can.  In fact, even though he’s been completing his part of the operation, it seems like he’s been avoiding me altogether.  I know we’re taking care of business and all, but it’d be nice to see his smile, even if just for a moment. 

     Even in the hallway, between sixth and seventh period where we’re forced to pass each other, the moment he sees me, he turns and walks in the complete opposite direction.  After last night’s little confession session, Weston hasn’t said a word to me.  It’s like we’re not even a couple.

     And he’s giving off the impression that he’s second guessing himself. 

     Maybe now he thinks that he can get someone better, and he doesn’t need to waste his time with me.  Maybe I’m not good enough for him.  Or worse, maybe that whole kiss thing last night was just a hoax to get me to join with him in destroying Jackson. 

     No, Weston isn’t like that.  He can’t be.

     Before I can think any further, though, I see an annoyingly evil blonde bounce down the hallway.  The desire to strangle her is almost unbearable.  Her eyes flicker to me, and she purses her lips, making her attitude much different than before.  She starts to walk over to me, placing her hands on her hips.  “The cheerleading outfit can be returned.  You no longer need it.  You’re off the team.”

     “Wow, I didn’t see that one coming.”  I keep trying to remind myself that I’m the bigger person, and no matter how many names I wanted to call her, I didn’t need to stoop to that level. 

     “Aw, well if you still want to make yourself useful with the sports teams, I hear that the football players don’t have a water boy.  I guess you can be their water girl.  Ooh, maybe you can even use your bra!”  She grins.

     My fists clench, and I prepare to give her a great big sucker punch, but I think better of it.  Fighting solves nothing.  Weston told me that last night.  That’s why he didn’t hurt Jackson, and that’s why I shouldn’t hurt Kristina.  Ruining the inner person does solve something, though.  And if Kristina wants to keep up her little taunts, then I can very easily add her to the operation if need be.  Or better yet, I can set a little side operation of my own.

     Another cheerleader calls Kristina and she hold up one finger to let her know she’ll be over in a minute.  She gives me one hard last look.  “I need the uniform by tomorrow.  I have to give it to someone that actually has coordination.”

     “Coordination.”  I say.  “That’s a big word.  Didn’t your doctor tell you that your brain can’t handle using words with more than four letters?”

     She rolls her eyes before trotting off towards her friend.  I knew that girl was evil from the start.  Too bad it took me this long to realize just how horrible she really is. 

     I start to put up my books up in my locker, when I overhear the conversation next to me.  One girl I recognize to be Asia Jacobs.  She’s the high school journalist, and she’s highly notorious for being quite gullible.  Usually, I don’t pay her any mind.  But, the word ‘newspaper’ sparks an idea.

     “I need a hard hitting expose on the horrors that teenage life.  You know, Hollywood makes it seems so superficial, but I want to go deeper than that.  I need an article about traumatic experiences to go through while young, but no one seems to have anything.”  She tells the girl standing next to her.

     I smile as I realize that this might be a wonderful opportunity to keep this plan going strong.  I tap her on her shoulder, and she whips around.  “I might be able to help with your little problem.  I’m not sure if you know Jackson Miller?”

     “Of course I know him.”  She says.  “Why?”

     “Well, you’ve probably already heard of the latest news with him.”  I say, and she looks intrigued.

     “News?”  She turns to the girl next to her and raises her eyebrows.  “No, I haven’t heard of any news dealing with him.  Has something happened?”

     I nod.  “Yeah, he’s… um… sick.”

     She frowns.  “Okay?  Lots of people get sick?  And he must not be too bad since he showed up for school today.”

     I shake my head.  “No, it’s not a normal sickness.  It’s a bad one.  He’s got…um… he’s got… uh… breast cancer.”

     I wish I can swallow those words up back in my mouth.  Maybe I should’ve thought this through more because breast cancer has to have been the stupidest answer I’ve given.  She may be gullible, but she’s not that gullible.

     Asia’s eyes widen.  “Breast cancer?  When did Jackson even grow boobs?”

     “T-the steroids!”  I’m digging myself in a hole at this moment.

     “Steroids?!”  Her and her friend cry out in unison.

     “Oh yeah.  You know how Jackson’s on the basketball team, right?  He’s needed to bulk up a little for one of the games, so he decided to pop a couple pills.  And… um… you know how a side effect is that men can grow boobs.  So he did, but he hides them.  And now, he… uh… has breast cancer.”

     I am such an idiot.

     But Asia looks stunned.  “Oh my goodness.  I had no idea!  Maybe I should talk with him about it.”

     I start flailing.  “No!  He doesn’t want to talk.  He’s too saddened over the situation.  But any information you need, you can just get from me.” 

     Asia shakes her head, taking the bait.  Maybe this is why she’s known as being so gullible, because I don’t even think my pet turtle would fall for that one.  Asia smiles.  “I’m so glad you told me this.  I’m going to get on this right now.  Thank you so much.”

     “No, thank you.”  I say.  And I really mean it. 

     I watch Asia run off with her friend, before I smile and shut my locker door.  I head out the front school doors, looking for Jocelyn to tell her some of the humorous things that have been going on.  I haven’t even gotten the chance to tell her about the relationship between Weston and I.  But I don’t see her.  I do see Weston, though, at his truck, laughing with a few other jocks.

     The same jocks that were at the party last night.

     I frown, wondering why he’d be associating with the guys who just took amusement in bashing his girlfriend.  There’s no need for him to.  The plan doesn’t include them.  But yet he looks like he’s having such a great time, like he actually wants to be around them.  I try not to get offended, and walk up to him anyways, ready to pull him away from those imbeciles so that I can talk to him.

     “Hi,” I say once I reach him, staring up into his eyes.  The same eyes that were grinning at me last night.  And the same ones that were closed as he was kissing me. 

     But the look in his eyes are much different this time.  Much different.

     “I’m sorry, do I know you?”  He asks, and I frown knowing he’s not being serious.  He continues.  “Oh, I remember.  You’re Addelyn, the loser who wore a water bra to cheerleading practice.  Look, I know you need a little help in that area, but do you really think it was necessary to go to great lengths just so you could fill out that uniform?”

     I blush, stunned by his words.  “Weston, I thought I was your girlfriend.”

    He bursts out laughing, and the other guys laugh a little too.  “You thought you were my girlfriend?!  Looks like someone needs to call back the mental hotline.  I don’t know if you recognize this but I date beauties.  Not beasts.”

     And for the first time in a very, very long time.  His words actually hurt.

A/N:  *gasps*  Why is Weston acting so mean? Any ideas?  Let me know in the comments!

     Sorry for the horribly long delay, by the way.  Next chapter won’t take anywhere near as long.  And don’t forget to vote and comment!  The more I get, the quicker you’ll find out the reason for Weston’s sudden change!  ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.8K 1.5K 65
She hasn't thought about him in years. Why would she? She only thought of him as her Brothers Best Friend that moved to another state years ago and s...
9M 186K 46
When Cassandra William's boyfriend of 6 months ditches her, she is set up on blind date after blind date after blind date. What happens when one mys...
168K 7.5K 59
ခွန်းသမိုးညို × သစ္စာမှိုင်းလွန် အရေးအသားမကောင်းခြင်း၊[+]အခန်းများမြောက်များစွာပါဝင်ပြီး ကိုယ့်အတွက်ဘာအကျိုးမှရမည်မဟုတ်တဲ့စာဖြစ်သည်နှင့်အညီ မကြိုက်လျ...
10M 316K 67
What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, right? What happens when you wake up in Vegas married? Well, you try to figure out what the hell happened the...