Gamers: My Identity Is A Myst...

By MissApparition

Most of the time, gamers like to keep a secret identity. And there's always that slim chance that they've met... More

Prologue
1: Who are you?
2: unknowing Acquaintances
3: Clues & Cupid
5: Busy souls
6: A truth kept hidden
7: Starry Isle, and level 1s?
8: Coincidences
9: A talk at the café
10: First guest
11: Socially awkward
12: Certified fishy
13: Mother's love
14: Bad tastes
15: Social anxiety
16: He's scared
17: Grade Conscious
18: Is it wrong to love online?
19: Got your back
20: Mission Employment
crush(ed) || Special chapter
21: Sad Boi
22: Honest lies
23: Mother's advice
A new year special
24: Will I give you up?
25: It's me
26: It's you
27: I'm sorry
28: Date me... please?
Epilogue

4: She's persistent

1.5K 107 81
By MissApparition

June 12, Wednesday.
8:00 AM

"Lydiaaaa!" I was quietly reviewing for the upcoming science quiz, till Ari's voice echoed throughout the room, once again causing my classmates to turn their heads and check on what the commotion was about.

"Lower your voice will ya!" I sigh. "So what's up?"

She puts her back down on her seat beside me then sits down. "So, did ya ask him?"

"Yeah..."

"And what did he say?"

"Well..." I felt hesitant to tell her, but I stay true to my words, so whether it may be hard to say or not, i'll still tell her. "He said he's single-"

"YIEEEEESSSSS!" Ari began squeeling in her seat before I could finish my sentence.

"Ari, I'm not done yet!"

"I have a chance I have a chance!" She ignored me and continued squeeling. So I decided to go silent and wait for her to calm down.

"What's up with Ari?" Maia Collins, The vice president of my class put her bag down at the vacant seat beside me. Other than being vice pres, Maia is a bubbly brunette with a timid side around people she hasn't met before.

Unlike this bestfriend of mine who reminds me of sadako. One, she long has straight black hair, and two she has no shame acting like she is on drugs towards anyone.

Maia sat at my right, while Ari sat at my left.

"She's just in love again." I giggle.

"Oooh! Who is it?" Maia asks me while taking her comb from her bag then combing her neck length, wavy light brown hair. Maia always had trouble taming her hair, so most of the time I'd see her combing over and over again.

"Theo."

"Theo? The nerd from class 3-2?" Maia raises her eyebrow.

"Yes!" Ari continues to squeel. "Haven't you seen the pic of him that was sent in the group chat!?"

"I rarely open my chats..." Maia frowns.

"Oh... I'll show you then!" Ari takes her phone out of her bag then looks for the picture of Theo. "Found it!" She hands her phone to Maia, and Maia looks at the picture wide-eyed.

"Woah! This is Theo? Well apparently he's hiding some radiant light under those thick glasses he's wearing." Maia laughs. "Well good luck Ari! Me and Lydia will help you get your boyyo!" Maia winks.

"Oh yeah, about what I was trying to say earlier Ari-" I was reminded about the words I was supposed to say earlier when I got cut off.

"Hush! Just cheer me on Lydia!" Ari once again cuts me off then pinches my cheek.

"But-"

"Goodmorning class!" The sound of the door opening, heels clicking, and my female teacher's voice, caused me and the other students that were busy chatting with one another to go silent.

"Goodmorning Mrs. Diaz!" We greeted our teacher in unison, and our teacher smiled back at us, placing her books down on the desk and she began her discussion.

Looks like i'll have to save what I was about to say for later.

So I gather my thoughts and put all my focus into the lesson. As usual.

10:30 AM

"Lydia, Maia! Let's all go to the canteen together today!" Ari jolts up from her seat, the moment recess began.

"Sure." Maia smiled.

"Oh, uh Hey Ari, can I continue what I was going to tell you now?" Of course, I didn't let that escape my thoughts.

"Alright alright, what Is it?"

The three of us then began taking slow steps to the canteen while talking to each other. "Theo is single, yes. But unfortunately, he's already interested in someone else."

"What? Aww. That's disappointing." Maya frowns. But Ari still smiled, unfazed despite what I've just said was a bit of a downer.

"It's alright!" Ari responds cheerily, after a few moments. "He likes someone, but he isn't taken. Right?"

"Yeah... But Ari! You shouldn't be the one chasing the guy!" Maia scrunches her brows, and I realized that we were already at the canteen.

The three of us got in line.

"But if you really want something, you gotta fight for it!" Ari responds.

"No Ari, Maia is right. Sure you have to make an effort when you want something, but this is a different case. Besides, let the love come naturally!" I force a faint smile.

I'm certainly not the best when it comes to giving advice on love.

"What would you three ladies like?" The lady selling in then canteen distracted us from our conversation.

"I'll have some soda and pringles." I answer.

"Coffee for me." Maia says.

"I'll have a cinnamon roll and juice!" Ari places money on the counter. "Since I'm in a good mood, it's my treat!" Ari tells us cheerfully.

She really doesn't plan on letting Theo go. Oh dear.

I turn my face to Maia, who was frowning. And I frowned too. Though we were just looking at each other, it felt like we were somehow communicating. Oh the funny things friends have.

"Here ya go guys!" Ari hands the two of us our orders and we head over to the table at the far right, quite distanced from most people.

"Hey Ari, why so distant?" Maia asked Ari as we took our seats.

"Because from here I could look at Theo and he wouldn't notice hehe~" Ari giggles.

"You sound like a stalker." I scoff, popping my soda open. "You really aren't planning to give up?"

"Nope!" Ari happily munches on her cinnamon roll.

"Alright then. Don't come crying to me if you get rejected the hard way again."

"Pfft, that won't happen, I promise!"

"Hey guys, how about we figure out who Theo's crush is first?" Maia suggests.

"Hmm, good Idea." I turn my head around to check on Theo. Hours of searching on the internet about 'How do you know If a guy likes you' for Ari has taught me a few tips on reading a guys body language.

But Theo was just casually playing on his switch.

"Perfect! And once we figure out who the girl is..." Ari clutches her fists and her aura darkens. "We must assassinate her and burn her body to the core!" And she laughs menacingly.

Me and Maia look at each other, blink three times, then look at Ari, then blinking three times again.

"I take back my suggestion." Maia says monotonously.

"If you're planning to commit a crime, please don't include me." I tell Ari.

Yandere much.

"Kill joys." Ari's menacing aura quickly fades away and she begins sulking. Slowly taking bites out of her cinnamon roll, making me feel guilty.

"F-fine... I'll help you find out who Theo likes." I say hesitantly.

Emotions flood back into Maia's face and she looks at the two of us with a smile. "Mission find Theo's crush shall begin!" Maia cheers. "Tis is going to be so fun!!"

"Aww... You two are really ok with helping me and my demanding favors?" Ari seemed to force a smile while stifling back a small tear. And both me and Maia nod.

"You guys are the best!" Ari hugs me and Maia. "Hehe, it's alright Ari, I'm always willing to help out a friend!" Maia says and Ari lets us go.

"Yeah, anyways. Not to kill the mood, but we should head back to the classroom, the bell would ring any moment." I tell them, and Maia nods in agreement.

"Heh. You're so obsessed with your studies." Ari tells me jokingly and lightly shoves me with her elbow.

"Hahaha." I laugh awkwardly and the three of us all get up and head back to the classroom...

Obsessed with studies pfft... Maybe a little bit though. Except, I still prefer games.

Ring ring

Just as the three of us entered the classroom and took our seats, the bell rang.

"Ms. Hill?" I hear the voice of Professor Adley calling for me from out the classroom door about 5 minutes after the bell has rang.

"Yes prof?" I quickly jog over to him.

"Have you started writing your speech for the event yet?"

"Not yet prof."

"You should start writing it, so that I can check it then polish it. And maybe add a few bits here and there. Is that alright Ms. Hill?"

I internally sigh. I didn't agree to this though!

"Ok Prof. I'll pass it to you within a day or two."

"Alright, thank you Ms. Hill!" Professor Adley smiles at me, then to my classmates and exits the classroom, my teacher for the next lesson then entering and I head back to my seat.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.7K 1.1K 36
After Liam Dunbar was kicked out of his college for getting into a fight, he lands in Beacon Hills college where his best friend, ex girlfriend and b...
6.4K 275 25
'Honestly,getting banished from my own hometown Harmonia to an strange unknown school is the least worst thing that i had expected to happen to me.. ...
351 15 17
Lexie and Ally are best friends. They are extremely close. The story follows the pair as they slowly discover new feelings and come to terms with tho...
33.6K 702 41
They say all good boys go to heaven, but bad boys bring heaven to you. And that's what he brought me, Heaven. We were terribly perfect for each othe...