Gamers: My Identity Is A Myst...

By MissApparition

Most of the time, gamers like to keep a secret identity. And there's always that slim chance that they've met... More

Prologue
1: Who are you?
2: unknowing Acquaintances
4: She's persistent
5: Busy souls
6: A truth kept hidden
7: Starry Isle, and level 1s?
8: Coincidences
9: A talk at the cafΓ©
10: First guest
11: Socially awkward
12: Certified fishy
13: Mother's love
14: Bad tastes
15: Social anxiety
16: He's scared
17: Grade Conscious
18: Is it wrong to love online?
19: Got your back
20: Mission Employment
crush(ed) || Special chapter
21: Sad Boi
22: Honest lies
23: Mother's advice
A new year special
24: Will I give you up?
25: It's me
26: It's you
27: I'm sorry
28: Date me... please?
Epilogue

3: Clues & Cupid

1.7K 123 79
By MissApparition

June 11th, Tuesday.
7:30 PM

Joining server 131...

Server joined!

All these assignments and quizzes I had to review for really took up a lot of time. Hopefully Dread and the others are online.

Hopefully.

I yawned and spun around in my chair, then turned my attention back to the screen of my laptop, checking for the list of my friends online.

Hmm. Only 1 is online. Everyone must be busy.

I exit the window then teleport my character to the mission zone of one of my available side quests.

For now I might as well just grind for materials and everything on my own. I could probably make something good for the team.

And for about 30 minutes I've speed ran through numbers of side quests, gaining more coin and materials, then crafting and enhancing gear. Spending time to make gear for my friends felt fulfilling, but I couldn't help to feel a little bit lonely everytime i'd be playing on my own.

"Hmm... Maybe I'll take a rest for now." After crafting one last piece of armor, I log out then shut my computer down, pushing my chair back to roll me over to my bed, then I lazily push myself up with my feet then slide onto the bed like a snail. Sliding all the way over to my pillows then grabbing my phone which was placed at the small coffee table beside my bed.

I open my Facebook, since it had the most notifications at the moment, and the first thing to catch my eye was a friend request from Theo and Sylvie.

Since they were both acquaintances, I accepted their requests, not bothering to even check on the others, since at the very least, they weren't people I've met before. Gotta stay safe online!

And barely even a minute has passed, I recieved a message coming from Sylvie.

Sylvie O 'Neill

7:34 PM

Sylvie: Hey Lydia! I was wondering if you, me, and Theo could make a groupchat so that the we can all talk about what we're going to do in the upcoming event. :))

Sure, why not. :Me

Sylvie: hehe, oookay! I'll do the honors of making it.

School advertisement event chat

Sylvie created the chat.

Sylvie: Hey guys, should I add Professor Adley to the chat? So that we can easily ask him questions.

Theodore: sure.

Sylvie added Benjamin Adley

Benjamin Adley set his own nickname to Prof. Adley

Prof. Adley: Hello students! It appears you are all enthusiastic about the event.

We're just being responsible students Prof╮(─▽─)╭ :Me

Thedore: professor, Do I really have to do this?

Prof. Adley: yes Mr. Blair.

Sylvie: You'll be alright Theo :)) Me and Lydia got your back! Isn't that right Lydia?

Yeah.:Me

Sylvie: You alright Lydia?

Mhm. Just missin some people.:Me

Sylvie: Oh.

Hehe, don't let it bother you, it's nothing major.:Me

Theodore: I'm always here if you need someone to talk to Lydia.

Sylvie: aww! Theodore is such a sweetheart! <3

Ehh, no really. I'm fine.:Me

Theodore: Okay then. Well see you guys, I'm going to go play some MMORPG.

Sylvie: ooohkay! Have fun!

Prof. Adley: What MMORPG are you playing?

Sylvie: I think he left to go play already.

I closed the chat then put down my phone. Yeah, I wonder what MMORPG he's playing.

I don't doubt that he's tried divine spring before though. It's a pretty popular MMORPG.

Bzzt bzzt

"Who is it now..." I grumble and pick my phone up again.

Ari...

Crazy Bestie(。・ω・。)

7:56 PM

Ari: Lydia! Have you spoke to Theo yet?

Only in regards to the event. :Me

Ari: aww... Come on, ask him if he has a girlfriend for meee, pleaseee? I saw that you two became friends on fb! Hmph.

How do you- Stalker! :Me

Ari: Yes I am a stalker! Now will ya please ask him for me! That's the last favor I'm going to ask you for this week!

I'm suprised that you admitted being a stalker so quickly. And no, Ask him yourself!":Me

Ari: ⊙︿⊙

No. :Me

Ari: (⌒_⌒;)

Ugh... Fine. :Me

Theodore Blair

8:03 PM

Hey Theo?:Me

"Eh... But he's probably too busy playing already. Chances are he'll only notice the chat after an hour." I once again place my phone down, hoping for peace and quiet. At least for a minute or so.

Bzzt bzzt

Or not.

I hesitantly pick up my phone and read the message that has been sent only moments ago by Theo.

Theodore: hey! What's up?

I was just going to ask something for a friend. Am I disturbing your gameplay right now?:Me

I know what it feels like when people are bugging you while you're in game. And it just makes me want to shove my laptop in their faces.

Theodore: no, not at all. I actually decided to rest for now since none of my friends are on. So what was it you wanted to ask?

Uhm. Alright well, Are you single? Interested in anybody?:Me

Theodore: I'm single, but I'm already interested in someone, sadly. I assume it is Ari who is asking?

Errr Yeah-:Me

Theodore: Hopefully I won't unknowingy hurt her.

She'll be fine. :Me

Oh well, I'm hoping that Ari will give up on him. Since every other time she has liked a guy she kept on pushing till she got rejected real harshly.

Theodore: Is that it?

Yeah. Well see ya I guess.:Me

Theodore: Bye!

After the quick convo, I shut down my phone to give myself some alone time, then placing my phone back onto the table it was left on earlier. I'll just tell Ari about the convo tomorrow. I feel sleepy.

I grabbed my long hotdog pillow, hugged it then layed down on my right. Facing my laptop that sat on my desk, tempting me to want to log back on Divine Spring once more to check if my friends are on, despite my eyes feeling heavy and tired. I yawned.

Then I heard a knock on my door.

"Lydia, can you take a quick run to the convenience store and buy some fresh milk?" My mother says from out my room.

"In a minute mom!" I push away the limp and tired feeling that made me want to drown into the soft sheets of my bed, and I force myself to get up, then changing into jogging pants. I wouldn't want to go to the convenience store in shorts.

I head out my room and take the money for the milk from my mom, finally exiting my house and heading straight to the convenience store which was about a 3 minute walk away.

The wind was cool and the moon was bright. Most people surrounding me were both strangers and familiar faces, families and friends taking evening strolls and going out for a snack.

This sight never fails to make me feel nostalgic.

"Welcome miss!" Bells chimed and the voice of a man spoke in chorus as I pushed the door opening, then entering the convenience store with a smile on my face.

I quickly make my way to the dairy isle and pick up two cartons of milk then quickly proceeding to the check out.

I hand the two cartons to the guy and a large poster behind him catches my eye.

Divine Spring

Divine masters grand tournament!

PRIZES!
Full set mythic armor of any class
+
10000$

Sign up ASAP or you might run out of spots!

"No way..."

"Miss, do you by any chance, play Divine Spring?" The guy asks me and I hand him the money given to me for the milk.

Hmmm, he doesn't seem to go to my school, It wouldn't hurt to tell him, right?

"Yeah... May I ask when and where this will happen?"

"The event will be held on January 18 at our city's very own Game dome."

Next year...

And it's being held here.

What if I get found out?

But the prize is so worth it!!!

The guy places the cartons of milk into a paper bag and hands it to me, also handing me my change. "Where do I sign up?" I ask.

"You can sign up here. I'll just go retrieve the list." The guy quickly disappears into the room behind him for staff, then returns after another minute or so with a list and a pen in hand, then hands it to me.

I did as said on the list, writing my name, address, contact number, and IGN (in game name). "Thank you!" I smiled and returned the list to the guy and waved goodbye as I left the shop and scurried back home.

I'll inform my mom about the event in the near future. The event is still months away. I don't need her bugging me about this.

I wonder if the others are going to join too.

I might finally get to meet Dread in person! Only, if he joins though.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

311 109 43
Life may take you places you never thought of going and things you never expected you'd do, but you'll adjust, you'll get used it and that would be y...
2M 50.1K 96
What if you wished for your boring life to become interesting? What if it happens, but you soon regret having wishing for it? Life isn't alwa...
144K 6.8K 63
Gawking two guys in a hot-blown make-out session in the mathematical section of the library was not what I expected my first day after Winter breaks...
505K 7.3K 6
ALERT!!! READ CINDERELLA MY ASS FIRST. BELIVE ME GUYS, IT'S BETTER THAT WAY. But then you can just ignore me and then regret it later. _____ Insom...