Rose Garden [JAEYONG]

By 95HONEY

Omegas are being killed off by the government. Everything in Jaehyun's life takes a turn when his boyfriend s... More

Chapter Zero [Preview]
Chapter Two [Mulberry Bush]
Chapter Three [Footprints?]
Chapter Four [Papa Bear]
Chapter Five [Hide and Seek]

Chapter One [Pocket Full of Posey]

1K 78 32
By 95HONEY

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

[December, 1997]

"We interrupt this broadcasting to spread an urgent announcement. All omegas must be turned into the local police. It is in the best interest of safety that they are handed over! Neighborhood searches will begin the first week of January. Please, do not be alarmed! They will be put into a well-funded and comfortable location with all the other omegas! They will not be in any harm and will be well cared for. This is not permanent and you will be able to visit your omegas any time you'd like! Any person who is caught with an omega past February will face felony charges. We appreciate your cooperation!"

Taeyong was crying from the window as he watched his dad rushing into the car, a large suitcase in hand. The weather was raging, lightning cracking in the sky every couple of seconds. The thunder roared with every flash of light. The toddler was confused and scared, seeing his parents so stressed. Just that morning they had gone to the park together, his mother pushing him on the swings and his father racing him down the slides. They were as happy as could be, a normal nuclear family.

Taeyong screamed for his mom when his young babysitter finally set him down. He ran clumsily toward the entrance of the living room, almost tripping over his own feet.

"Baby," his mother cooed as he walked into the front living room. He set down his suitcase and picked up his baby, caressing his back soothingly. He began to hum and bounce him slightly against his waist. Taeyong let out small hiccups as his mother whispered "it's okay" in his ear.

"Where're going?" The toddler said with balled up fists against his mother's chest. His mother kissed his forehead and drew in a slow breath. He set Taeyong down and crouched down, cupping his cheeks firmly.

"Mommy has to go away for a while, okay?" He said to his panicked son. He peppered Taeyong's face with loving kissing, pressing one extra-long one against his left cheek. "I will be back soon, baby. Don't cry,"

"Together!" He wailed as his mother began to get up. He grabbed his mother's dress pants, using all his body strength to pull him back. It was not enough though.

His babysitter scooped him up and held him against her chest. Taeyong began to scream and thrash against his babysitter.

"Maein, thank you. Make sure he sleeps tonight, please," Taeyong's mother said with a forced smile as he picked up his suitcase. Taeyong continued to kick and hit against his babysitter, Maein. "Goodbye my precious baby," And before Taeyong could protest anymore, the front door closed and his mother was gone.

The click of the door made the small boy pause. There were only small hiccups as he tried to force himself to stop crying. Headlights beamed through the living room window and slowly faded as the car pulled out of the driveway. Maein kissed the top of Taeyong's head as she swayed back and forth in an attempt to calm him down.

"Mommy hate me?" Taeyong asked in a concerned voice. He stared at Maein with big, glossy eyes. The reflected bright lightning from outside. His lower lip began to quiver with every passing second that his babysitter hesitated for an answer. His tiny balled up fists were pressed firmly against her collarbone.

"Mommy does not hate you, baby. He just needed to go away for a little bit—" Maein was abruptly cut off by Taeyong's high pitched voice.

"Mommy take me!" Taeyong's volume was entirely too loud, almost challenging the sound of the thunder outside. His mother sighed and shifted Taeyong to her other hip. 

"Mommy can't, pumpkin. He wants to—"

"Then do!" Taeyong screamed once more. Maein sighed for the nth time and shook her head. She started to walk towards the kitchen, Taeyong wiggling and protesting the while. Maein set him down in a highchair and wiped off the tears from his cheeks with her thumbs. With her hands cupping his cheeks, she pressed a soft kiss against his nose. 

"He will be back, baby. You have me for now! You don't hate Mae-Mae, do you?" She asked with pouted lips and puffed cheeks. Taeyong squealed and shook his head. He reached out his short arms and pressed his small hands against her cheeks, mimicking her and planting a sloppy kiss against her nose. 

"I love Mae-Mae!" He announced with a shout. Maein giggled and nodded, ruffling his black, fluffy hair. "But... Mommy love, too." 

"Mommy wants you to eat some pasta, can you do that, pumpkin?" Maein asked as she straightened her back. Taeyong pondered on the question, looking between his babysitter and the refrigerator. He pursed his lips and furrowed his brows dramatically. 

"Yeah!" He finally squealed with a big smile. His eyes were still wet with tears, but at the mention of food, he completely switched emotions. Maein nodded with a genuine smile and went to the kitchen to start making pasta. 

"Shall I put on the television while we wait?" 

"Please, please, please!" Taeyong began to chant, his fists clenched tightly. He stared over at Maein with wide, pleading eyes. 

"Just a second, Tae," Maein said as she reached down into a cupboard to a get a pot. She set the pot on the counter next to the stove and walked past the dining table into the den. 

She picked up the remote from the center table and began to flick through the channels. A headline of a news channel caught her eye. She paused for a moment to listen. It was the local police department's sheriff. He had a mic in his hand as he stood in front of a darkened alleyway. It was live footage, the rain was hitting against him hard. Behind him was a taped off area with a black body bag and three other police officers working on lifting the bag. 

"Three omegas found beaten to death in the past week. We urge all omegas to go to their local police station. We will handle sending them to TRG. It is for the safety of all our omega residents that you act with extreme urgency! We have no leads on who-

Maein switched the channel and a brightly colored cartoon filled the screen. Taeyong let out a squeal of delight as he saw Dora begin to sing the iconic theme song. 

"Do-Do-Do-Do-Dora!" He loudly began to sing along, mumbling some of the words he didn't know. 

His babysitter hummed along as she made her way back to the kitchen. She got the water boiling and put in a cup and some of the penne pasta. She watched the screen as she waited for it to cook. 

Taeyong was becoming frustrated, watching as Dora asked the audience what she should do to get across the river. He began to shout at the scream "Bridge! Bridge!" 

"Bridge!" Maein joined in his shouting with a big smile. Taeyong whipped his head around and stared over at her with curious eyes. She smiled and he began to laugh, raising his fists and shouting an enthusiastic last  "bridge". 

Maein finished up the pasta and let the television stay on, which Taeyong's parents usually never allowed. Taeyong was given a small serving of noodles with no sauce. He was an extremely slow eater and often ended up not finishing meals. 

Maein tried to get him to focus on eating but after half an hour of him only eating a few noodles, she gave up and fed herself. She forked large mouthfuls of pasta into her mouth as Taeyong's eyes were glued to the screen. She swallowed down her last bit of food and got up. She grabbed the dishes and placed them in the sink to tend to later. 

Taeyong let out a cry when the television went black. He looked at his babysitter who had a remote in hand. She put her hand on her hip and tilted her head, mimicking the face of anguish Taeyong had. 

"Come on, stinker. Let's get you to bed it's almost eight already!" She scooped Taeyong up from his highchair and trotted upstairs to his room. She lets him down and he begins to bounce on his toes. 

"Piachu, please!" Taeyong politely said as Maein began to dig through his dresser. She nodded and pulled out his soft yellow Pikachu pajama set. Taeyong raised his hands high and Maein helped him pull off his shirt and get into his clean one. "Teef," Taeyong cheerfully announced once Maein had pulled him his bottoms. 

"Yes, teeth," She responded as Taeyong raced his way down the hallway to the bathroom. Maein came in and flipped the light on, illuminating the brightly decorated bathroom. She lifted the toddler up and onto the countertop. She wet his toothbrush and put a small pea of toothpaste on the bristles. Taeyong grabbed it and clumsily began to brush his own teeth. Maein let him handle it for a minute or so before she took over and thoroughly brushed his teeth. 

Taeyong began to whine and his babysitter finally let him down and he was gone back to his room within the blink of an eye. Maein slowly went back to his room where she found the boy already curled up under his blue striped comforter. He had a worn-out bear plush in his arms. 

"Sweet dreams," Maein quietly said as she flicked off the light. 

"Stinker!" Taeyong cried, making Maein stop in her tracks. She turned over to the bed. The storm outside was letting up and moonlight crept its way inside, giving the room a soft blue glow. Taeyong's face was just barely visible, but she could see his puffy cheeks and big puppy eyes. "Sleep here, stinker." 

"Pff," Maein snickered and walked over to the bed, "Only tonight. You're a big boy, right? You don't need me to stay with you." 

Taeyong glued himself to Maein's side the second she got under the blanket. She gave him a small kiss and let out a breath of air as everything began to settle. 

Taeyong squeezed her tightly along with his bear, "I miss mommy," 

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

[a/n] finally the first official chapter!! i know some of you have been waiting which makes me happy. i had a lot planned so stick through with me!! i love you my lovely and beautiful readers <333

ᶦᵐ ˢᵒ ⁿᵉʳᵛᵒᵘˢ ᵖᵒˢᵗᶦⁿᵍ ᵗʰᶦˢ 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 44.8K 90
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
635K 10K 65
หห‹ยฐโ€ข*โ€โžท ๐—”๐—ฑ๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜„๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ป๐˜‚๐—บ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—ฎ ๐—ด๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐˜€๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ฑ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฒ ๐—ป๐—ผ ๐—บ๐—ฎ๐˜๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐˜€ ๐˜†๐—ผ๏ฟฝ...
288K 6.6K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
172K 5.3K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...