Chapter Four [Papa Bear]

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

[January 2004]

Little kids jumped about the schoolyard. Taeyong was in third grade and sadly Jaehyun was in first grade meaning that they didn't share a recess. Taeyong did have friends, though. 

He was sitting at the swings when two of his friends made their ways to him with big smiles. Taehyung was the tallest of the trio and always wore purple, it was his signature color. Jimin stood beside him. He was the shortest and was constantly teased.

"Where's Yuta?" Jimin asked with a confused look. Yuta and Taeyong were usually together every day at recess, but Yuta didn't come to the swings as per usual. 

"Dunno," Taeyong said with a small shrug and he continued to pump his legs to make himself swing faster. "Maybe he got sick. My dad said that there's a bug!" 

"A bug?" Taehyung said with fearful eyes. he glanced suspiciously at Jimin before putting a bit more space between them. "I hate bugs."

"Me too, I wonder what it looks like," Taeyong added. 

"It's not that kind of bug, dummies!" Jimin said with a giggle. "It's like a super, super, super tiny bug. It makes you barf. My little brother had it once." 

"That's gross," Taeyong remarked. "Poor Yuta." 

Taeyong was about to hop off the swing when his teacher came over to the trio. She had a bright smile, but something was off about. It seemed plastic, forced. Taeyong could pick up on the way her eyebrows were almost furrowed. He paused and looked up at her. 

"Taeyong? You're being picked up early." She had a pink slip in her hand. She extended it to the boy and Taeyong took it. 

He stared at the paper. He wasn't supposed to be picked up early. His father didn't say anything about it previously. 

His curiosity soon became wonder. He began to think about all the possibilities of getting let out early. Maybe a movie? Maybe the theme park? Has his mom finally come home?

Taeyong smiled wide and hopped off the swing. "See you tomorrow, Yong!" Jimin called as the boy sprinted toward the entrance to the school. 

As he pulled the large door open, he waved wildly toward his two friends. He bolted as fast as he could manage to his classroom to pack up. 

Pencil case, check. Water bottle, check. Folders, check. Picture for his dad, check. All set and ready to go. 

He trotted his way to the main office of the school. The walls were decorated brightly with children's art. As he passed his own he grinned with pride. He drew his whole family. Mom included. 

Most of the picture of the children's families had only one parent. Taeyong did have a mom. She just was away for the time being. 

"Dad!" He said as he opened the door to the office. Jaehyun was there holding his mom's hand. She had a look of forlorn spread across her face. 

"Taeyong," Jaehyun said as he held out his free hand. Taeyong took it and looked around with a big smile. 

"Are we all going somewhere?" Taeyong questioned. "Where's Dad?" 

"Let's get going, boys." Mrs. Jung said, completely ignoring Taeyong's questions. He wanted to ask again, but something about the mood made him keep quiet. There was something off. 

Not even Jaehyun said anything. 

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

[a/n] i'm back!!!!!!!!!!

this is super duper short but i missed you all and wanted to get something out!!!

school started and junior year is rough >:( ill try to update a lot on the weekends so look forward to something either later today or tomorrow!!!!!