Chapter Five [Hide and Seek]

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

[January 2004]

During the car ride to wherever the three of them were going, it was quiet. Jaehyun tried to get the older to talk, but it was to no avail. Taeyong, despite being only eight, was completely swarmed with the worst possible outcomes. He was young at the time, but could still remember the last time he saw his mother. Was this happening again? Why was no one telling him? Was it his fault? Could he do something?

The car made a quick stop, pulling Taeyong out of his hyper fixated state. He looked outside and he was at the Jung's house? Why?

"Ok, boys," Mrs. Jung turned her head back around, "From this day onward, Taeyong will be staying with us."

"Yes!" Jaehyun shouted in excitement.

"What?" Taeyong responded back, completely confused. "Where my dad? Why can't I stay at my own house? What about Ruby? How long?" His questions came out as fast as his brain processed them.

"Hey, hey, slow down. I'll explain later, okay?" Mrs. Jung replied with a whisper. "Let's get inside and get ready to go out. We're gonna go see a movie,"

Taeyong was about to continue urging for answers, but Jaehyun and his mother both exited the car. He felt like he was being lied to, but he wasn't. He hadn't even been told anything yet.

Why does everyone keep leaving?

He tried to let his intense feeling of depression subside as he got out of the car. He trudged along the walkway to the front entrance, but when he finally got to Jaehyun who was holding the door open, he dropped to the floor and cried.

"Where's my mom? I want my dad!" he overwhelmingly cried. Jaehyun dropped his bag and squatted beside Taeyong.

"Don't cry. Princesses don't cry, Taeyong. It's okay," Jaehyun tried to soothe his friend. He wrapped his short arms around Taeyong's back and pulled him up into a hug. Taeyong hicced as he forced himself to stop crying. "I'm your knight, I'll protect you, okay?"

"Okay," Taeyong solemnly responded.

Jaehyun giddily bounced at the two boys waited in line to watch Lord of the Ring. Taeyong was more excited to get to eat candy and popcorn for the next two hours. Mrs. Jung was looking forward to the boys being quiet for a while.

Taeyong turned his head to take in his surroundings. He noticed someone was staring at him. He got a look at his face for a moment before the man turned and walked off. He didn't think too much of it.

His arm was tugged at Jaehyun began to shout strings of words into his ear. Taeyong could barely decipher it as the younger spoke so quickly. He laughed at skipped along with Jaehyun.

The boys split it pack of sweets and a small bag of popcorn. They each got their own drinks, which proved to be a bad idea when halfway through the movie, Taeyong needed to use the bathroom. He told Mrs. Jung and got open.

When he entered the bathroom, he noticed a man watching his hands. In the mirror, he could see it was the same man who was staring at him before. Now, feeling a bit uncomfortable. He decided to go back to the theater. He could hold it.

Jaehyun noticed how short of a time he was gone and asked: "Did you even pee?"

"Yep," Taeyong shortly responded.

The movie went on without any other incident. They left eh theater and got home safely. Mr. Jung was home though. Taeyong never saw much of him so it was abnormal, to say the least. He was sitting the dining room table looking over a pile of papers.

Jaehyun screamed in delight and pounced onto his father. He let out a chuckle and gave a hug to his son. Hoseok, just at the moment, came down to greet his mother.

Taeyong watched from the side. He felt out of place. Shifting, he watched at the family seemed so happy. Why did his parents leave? Did he not deserve this?

Before he could cry again, Jaehyun pulled him closer. He wrapped his arm around the older and began to shout about how happy he was that his best friend in the whole world, Lee Taeyong, was going to stay with him.

"Welcome to the family, Taeyong," Mr. Jung said with a pleased smile.

Family? Are they family?

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

[A/N] short chapter but this is coming back !!!