Chapter One [Pocket Full of Posey]

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

[December, 1997]

"We interrupt this broadcasting to spread an urgent announcement. All omegas must be turned into the local police. It is in the best interest of safety that they are handed over! Neighborhood searches will begin the first week of January. Please, do not be alarmed! They will be put into a well-funded and comfortable location with all the other omegas! They will not be in any harm and will be well cared for. This is not permanent and you will be able to visit your omegas any time you'd like! Any person who is caught with an omega past February will face felony charges. We appreciate your cooperation!"

Taeyong was crying from the window as he watched his dad rushing into the car, a large suitcase in hand. The weather was raging, lightning cracking in the sky every couple of seconds. The thunder roared with every flash of light. The toddler was confused and scared, seeing his parents so stressed. Just that morning they had gone to the park together, his mother pushing him on the swings and his father racing him down the slides. They were as happy as could be, a normal nuclear family.

Taeyong screamed for his mom when his young babysitter finally set him down. He ran clumsily toward the entrance of the living room, almost tripping over his own feet.

"Baby," his mother cooed as he walked into the front living room. He set down his suitcase and picked up his baby, caressing his back soothingly. He began to hum and bounce him slightly against his waist. Taeyong let out small hiccups as his mother whispered "it's okay" in his ear.

"Where're going?" The toddler said with balled up fists against his mother's chest. His mother kissed his forehead and drew in a slow breath. He set Taeyong down and crouched down, cupping his cheeks firmly.

"Mommy has to go away for a while, okay?" He said to his panicked son. He peppered Taeyong's face with loving kissing, pressing one extra-long one against his left cheek. "I will be back soon, baby. Don't cry,"

"Together!" He wailed as his mother began to get up. He grabbed his mother's dress pants, using all his body strength to pull him back. It was not enough though.

His babysitter scooped him up and held him against her chest. Taeyong began to scream and thrash against his babysitter.

"Maein, thank you. Make sure he sleeps tonight, please," Taeyong's mother said with a forced smile as he picked up his suitcase. Taeyong continued to kick and hit against his babysitter, Maein. "Goodbye my precious baby," And before Taeyong could protest anymore, the front door closed and his mother was gone.