Witchcraft (An Avengers/Witch...

By EkatFNOD

Fox Summers, mutant and current Witchblade bearer, has been summoned by Nick Fury to join the Avengers. Unkno... More

Check In
Black Fingernails, Red Wine
Dread
Keeping Score
Pass Me By
Lockets and Keys
Meanwhile, Somewhere In The World...
Shits and Giggles
"You did what now?"
A Little Bit Closer
Don't Waste Resources
Dangerous For You
Roll The Dice
Just A Moment Behind
If I Saved You From Drowning
Crashing Into My Little World
A Matter of Time
I Know I Know I Know

Why Should I?

5.6K 53 0
By EkatFNOD

(A/N hi everyone who's chosen to read this. First story, so reviews and suggestions would be cool :D)

The desert ruins of the temple, I can't remember. We were in... Egypt? Daddy. Where's daddy? He is in the temple isn't he? I run. I enter the dark doorway. The great hall looms ahead. The statue of isis watches me. Where did daddy say he was exploring today? The left. I run. I run so far, it feels like a century has passed when I finally reach the antechamber. It's large. The roof has caved in over the years. Light is pouring in. It illuminates daddy's face. I smile and yell "Daddy!" He is holding some sort of glove. its very pretty. He turns around in horror. He yells something, but I can't hear it. The thing in his hand, it's glowing. Brighter and brighter. I scream. There is a flash.

I woke with a start, my body covered in sweat. That damn nightmare. I realised I'd curled up into a tight ball, my wrist was stinging. I tried to get it off in my sleep again.

The Witchblade.

My wrist was covered in scratches. Some of them were bleeding quite badly, so I rolled over to see what the time was. 6 am. Not bad. I got a bandage out of the draw of my nightstand and wrapped up my wrist. As I was finishing my phone rang. I brushed my hair behind my ear to get it out of my face and answered it.

"Hello?" I yawned

"Summers-"

"Go away." I hung up on him. I mean really, who is that rude to call me at 6 in the morning? Besides, he'd called me 5 times in the last 2 days. You'd think he'd get the message...

I stretched and fell back on my pillow. Sighing, I dragged myself out of bed. Good thing I didn't have to work until tonight. I threw on a pair of skinny jeans and my baggy Star Wars shirt and pulled the curtains open. It was going to be a gorgeous day. As I was about to go make coffee my phone rang. Again. I ought to just let it go to voice mail. But as usual, I go and answer it.

"I said go away, Fury." I grumbled.

"And I said we need you here, but when do we ever do anything anyone else says?"

"I won't do it."

"Summers, we need you-"

"AND I OBVIOUSLY DON'T CARE!" I yelled down the line.

"Listen Summers, if you don't come-"

"You'll what? You are full of so many empty threats!" I hung up and slammed my phone down. Jerk.

Now I really needed that coffee.

I wander out to the kitchen. And guess who's sitting at my kitchen table?

Nick goddamn motherfucking Fury.

I stop dead. He just watches me with his single eye and says "I will tell your cousin you're still alive."

Oh. Ok. Just go tell Scott. Do I really care? I've kinda missed him anyway. Heh, not really, he was always a bit of a control freak.

I proceed to make coffee before I kill him. Because that is just what happens without coffee.

"Please leave." I say without turning away from the machine.

I can see him smirking in my mind.

"You do know that if you don't come willingly I can and will make you come by force."

It was my turn to laugh this time.

"Fury, I don't want to join your not-so-secret-now team of superheroes. I have a life."

"But you're not supposed to, are you?"

As I was saying, he's a jerk. Stupid boss-man, thinks he can do anything because he runs S.H.I.E.L.D.

"We don't know how you survived after being buried in the rubble of that archaeological dig for a week, but the Witchblade chose you for a reason. And you have more control over it than any previous bearer has. We need you to come in."

I turned and faced him.

"And if I say I'm not going to?" My body tensed. I could sense the fight brewing.

Fury stood up. He straightened his coat and turned to me.

"Fox Summers, under strict orders from the Strategic Homeland Intervention Enforcement Logistics Division, I place you under arrest for obstructing a S.H.I.E.L.D project. If you resist I am authorised to use deadly force. Your location is surrounded."

I relaxed a bit. "Is that it?"

"And once captured the Witchblade will be put through a series of tests. You will then be placed in the custody of your cousin, Scott Summers, current leader of the mutant group known as the X-Men. He will then decide what you will do with yourself."

I sip my coffee thoughtfully.

On one hand, be a superhero, with gadgets, access to government property, possibly fly a jump jet, have a credit card with everything paid for by S.H.I.E.L.D.

On the other, try to fight my way through a large amount of well-trained hit men, lose, get experimented on for an unknown amount of time, and be made to join the X-Men.

I lose either way.

I sigh, defeated.

Fury does this weird lopsided smile. "You've got ten minutes to pack."

Yay. I'm going to New York.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 3.2K 84
- BEING EDITED - Everybody has a chapter of their story they don't want others to read. (Costia has a whole book) - Costia was raised to be a killer...
4.9K 20 22
Director Fury recruites a new Avenger, who seems almost too familiar to Bucky. You knew who he was, but only through a haze of blurry, bloody memorie...
428 34 14
Hayley has been stuck in Hydra since she was 4. She has done everything they have said for 12 years and she is finally fed up. She, and a few other p...
45K 1K 12
❝So, did it hurt when your ass fell out of the f'ing tree?❞ ❝No. I caught her.❞ ______________ Where Natalia Beaumont joins the X-Men and slowly ge...