Night's Wrath (Black Clover x...

By DaRkChAoZlOrD

Demons have long since existed, lurking in the shadows of the land. The unity of man and demon was always hel... More

Prologue - Night's Fall
Ex. Page | OC Codex (I)
Ex. Page | OC Codex (II)
1st Page: Nightfall's Beginning
2nd Page: Catalyst
3rd Page: The Monster Within
4th Page: The Quest Begins
5th Page: Mettle
6th Page: The Black Bulls
7th Page: Fade to Black
8th Page: Rampant Silver
9th Page: First Mission
10th Page: A Mission to Remember
11th Page: Arsenal
12th Page: A Visit to Home
13th Page: Dungeon Diving
14th Page: Showdown
15th Page: Advent
16th Page: Battle of Ancients
17th Page: The Hidden Ruins
18th Page: Legacy of Time
19th Page: Time Reaper
20th Page: Decoration Ceremony
21st Page: I'll Protect Them
22nd Page: Capital Defense
23rd Page: Undead Liberation
24th Page: Clash
26th Page: Falling Night
27th Page: Relations
28th Page: Meeting the Princess
29th Page: Date with the Elements
30th Page: Disastrous Visit
31st Page: Waning Light
32nd Page: Void Unleashed
33rd Page: Aftermath
34th Page: Traitor
35th Page: Squad Mission
36th Page: A Black Beach
37th Page: Into the Temple!
38th Page: Rising Tides
39th Page: Turning the Tide
40th Page: The Temple's Strongest
41st Page: Amidst Despair
42nd Page: Battle of the Beasts
43rd Page: The Value of Teamwork
44th Page: The Sea Goddess
45th Page: The Blaze Queen
46th Page: Our Path Forward
47th Page: Returning Home
48th Page: The Battle for Kiten
49th Page: Suspicion
50th Page: Stasis
?? Page: Altered Fates
51st Page: Brothers' Blues
52nd Page: In the Outskirts
53rd Page: Into the Manor
54th Page: Lost in Time
55th Page: Conflict Across Time
56th Page: Scattered
57th Page: Echoing Rumbles
58th Page: Illuminated
59th Page: As Time Shifts

25th Page: Midnight Sun Incursion

6.4K 186 417
By DaRkChAoZlOrD

Capital Town, Kikka

Yuno stared down the distant witch disinterestedly, wind magic swirling around him.

"Who are you calling an old hag?!" The witch yelled in rage, summoning up cursed balls around her, waving her hands towards Yuno.

"[Ash Curse Magic: Cheerful Ash Destruction.]" The witch chanted as the curse balls blasted off towards Yuno, the boy jumping away with wind magic, effectively dodging the first volley. However, he kept on the move to dodge the still incoming attacks.

"These are cursed bullets with various curses inside them." The witch explained as she watched Yuno dodge the bullets, weaving around them with his wind magic.

"You won't know what you'll get until they hit you!" The witch taunted with a laugh, excitement flashing in her eyes.

Yuno glanced back behind him, sending a wave of concentrated air towards the witch, forcing her to dodge as she scowled.

"Who are you people? What are you after?" Yuno inquired, taking the chance to see if he could learn anything from this old hag.

"My, my. Look at you, with such ample time to talk. Well...since you're hot, I guess I'll tell you."  The witch smiled as she flew up parallel to Yuno, keeping at pace with him.

"We're here to simply eliminate someone. That is our goal." The witch revealed, causing questions to arise within Yuno.

"Eliminate someone?" Yuno repeated, making sure he'd heard her correctly.

"Who do you think it is, darling?" The witch asked with a sickeningly sweet smile.

Yuno only looked elsewhere, where he felt the magic signatures of other Magic Knights. If they hadn't been teleported away...then it surely had to be one of them, if the target was a Magic Knight.

"Well, I'm definitely not going to tell you." The witch laughed as she waved her hand, a dozen more curse balls rocketing towards Yuno, causing his eyes to widen.

Elsewhere...

"You're working with at least one other. A spatial mage, since I'm well aware that Magic isn't yours. Where are they?" Fuegoleon inquired towards Rades, though the man didn't reply.

"Have they already fled perhaps?" Yet again, Rades didn't respond.

"What are you all hoping to gain from this!? There's no need for all this bloodshed!" Alice yelled at Rades, anger clearly evident in her eyes. Nearby, Leopold, Asta and Noelle all nodded in agreement, but Fuegoleon showed no reaction.

"No matter where you send the Magic Knights, you alone don't have enough power to overtake the royal capital. So that means that there's certainly backup somewhere in our midsts...doesn't it?" Fuegoleon glared sharply at Rades, but the man held his silence.

"I can't imagine that this was just to go after the king." Fuegoleon spoke, and within the castle, the King was being watched by Marx and some other subordinates of the Wizard King.

"You've made it clear that your motive is revenge, but what's the goal of this little incursion really?" Fuegoleon questioned, Rades laughing quietly.

"Our true motive...You want to know it?" Rades laughed as he faced Fuegoleon.

"Our true motive...is you, Fuegoleon Vermillion!" Rades revealed, causing confusion to sprout within the Magic Knights. They were targeting a single Magic Knight Captain?

"What?" Fuegoleon asked, slightly surprised as a red gem shone on his person, a red gem made into an amulet...

"Their true goal is the Captain...? But...why? This isn't nearly enough power to kill a Captain..." Alice spoke softly, but the rest of the people there heard her clearly.

Sensing something coming, Leopold called out to his brother in alarm.

"Fuegoleon, watch out!" Leopold shouted, a familiar spot of black spatial magic forming underneath the Captains' feet.

"Hmm? This is spatial magic. Very well then, nothing ventured, nothing gained." Fuegoleon spoke, allowing himself to be taken and disappearing alongside the spatial magic.

"Fuegoleon!" Leopold yelled in alarm, seeing his brother disappear.

With Fuegoleon, he was transported into a pure white realm, white runes coating what seemed like walls of this white realm.

Looking around slightly...Fuegoleon still couldn't find any traces of anything unnatural.

Elsewhere, with Yuno...

Yuno dove and weaved in all directions, dodging the countless curse balls headed in his directions, and yet, even after minutes had passed, the witch didn't seem to stop her assault.

"I need to fight back somehow...at this rate, I'll run out of mana before she does..." Yuno narrowed his eyes, turning around and sending a wave of wind magic, successfully intercepting the curse balls.

"Oh? You want to fight back? Well then...you should probably watch out for my attacks!" The witch laughed as she waved her hand, curse balls approaching Yuno from all sides.

Helpless, Yuno felt the countless magic spheres hit him, causing his senses to go haywire for a second.

Regaining control of himself, Yuno waved his hand in a circular manner, kicking up the wind around him and creating a momentary tornado of sorts, guiding away all the guide balls with the wind.

Resuming his flight, Yuno racked his brain for any ways to defeat the witch, taking a few stray attacks here and there.

"These attacks seem endless...she has a tremendous amount of magic, for sure." Yuno grit his teeth.

"The ash bullets themselves don't do much damage...but these curses are not helping..." Yuno thought helplessly, a volley of ash bullets making contact with him, effectively stopping him in his tracks.

"Oh, dear...are you all right? It's looks like you're having a hard time getting around. I wonder what you've been hit with~!" The witch thought in glee, watching Yuno seemingly freeze in the air.

"Damn it..." Yuno whispered, no longer having control of his body due to his lack of senses, the effect given to him by the ash bullets.

"I can...barely see anything anymore...even now, I'm having a hard time moving my body..." Yuno thought grimly, aware that he was slowly losing control.

"Hey, can you hear me? Hello?" The witch taunted, a sick smile on her face.

"My ears are also going...is this her power?" Yuno speculated, though he was unsure if that was the case, despite it seeming like the most plausible scenario.

"My [Ash Curse Magic: Cheerful Ash Destruction] works very gradually, you know. First, your eyes stop working, then, your ears, and finally...your whole body!" The witch laughed mockingly.

"You'll pay for having the insolence to refer to me as an old hag!" The witch taunted, though Yuno payed her no mind.

"Dammit...people expected a lot from my four leaf clover...I even joined the top Magic Knights Squad, the Golden Dawn...and yet, here I am..." Yuno thought helplessly, faintly feeling himself receiving more attacks.

"Who cares about a four leaf clover? That stupid peasant, getting a big head..."

"Hmph. He lacks the talent worthy to be a member of the Golden Dawn."

"I'm sure he won't last long."

Countless insults played in Yuno's head, however, he could tell that wasn't the reason for his helplessness.

Images flashed around in his head, all his training, and yet here he was helpless.

"But...even still, back at the Dungeon, I couldn't even defeat that guy, I was just stuck in those bindings and had to rely on (Y/N) to save me..." Yuno recalled, a sigh escaping his lips.

"And even then, what saved (Y/N) wasn't my own power...it was just something I'd stumbled upon...a power that I can't control...not to mention it doesn't want to listen to me...heck, the only reason I'm still here is because that power got me out of the spatial Magic's range..." Yuno couldn't help but remember the past events, silently cursing his own lack of control.

"It's not like we're expecting anything from that peasant."

"No...that's not it...that isn't why I'm frustrated..." Yuno thought, waving his hand in front of him and creating a tornado.

"Woah! Where are you aiming?! You have to aim properly...like this!" The witch's laughter rang through Yuno's ears despite his failing hearing, the cocky tone in her voice obvious.

However, he was helpless as he received dozens of attacks, unable to even move away.

"If you say, "I'm sorry, miss." and adorably beg for your life, I might forgive you~!" The witch taunted, offering survival to Yuno.

"Not a...chance..." Yuno muttered out weakly, realizing he could no longer see anything as he closed his eyes.

"I know the answer...somewhere, somehow, I know that I learned the answer...but when?" Yuno pondered helplessly, floating in an endless abyss.

"Hey- Yuno! Train with me~!" A familiar, cheerful voice sounded out in Yuno's head as he remembered a familiar memory.

Flashback...

"Hey, come on Yuno, train with me!" A young (Y/N) extended his hand out to Yuno, of whom was training by himself against some rocks.

"But...I'm not half as strong as you are..." The younger Yuno commented sadly, only for (Y/N) to pat his shoulder comfortingly.

"That's why we'll both be improving! While I help you, you can help me! That's why people train together, isn't it?" The young (Y/N) grinned happily, Yuno nodding with a hum.

"I guess so. Well then, let's do it." Despite his nervousness, Yuno steeled himself slightly, preparing to face his own brother.

"Well then, I'm coming at you!" The younger (Y/N) warned as he disappeared from Yuno's view, causing the younger Yuno to panic and look around aimlessly.

"Come on, Yuno. You can't panic in a real battle." The younger (Y/N) spoke as he reappeared by a tree, looking at his brother with a slight frown.

"B-But you disappeared so fast..." Yuno stuttered, causing (Y/N) to make an "Oh" face.

"Oh, I see...you're relying too much on your eyes. They can deceive you, you know. You have wind magic, and I heard from the others in the village that wind mages are really good at sensing mana! How about this, let's try again! But this time, don't look for me with your eyes, but try to sense the changes in the mana around here...then, you'll always know where I am!" The younger (Y/N) proposed with a goofy grin.

"But that sounds so complicated..." Yuno shook slightly, only for (Y/N) to smile at him warmly.

"Yeah...to be good at battling, a person also needs to put in the effort to learn!" (Y/N) laughed, placing himself a small distance away from Yuno.

"Alright...I'll try!" Yuno thought with conviction.

"That's the spirit, let's go!" Once again, (Y/N) disappeared, and despite expecting it, Yuno still panicked...

"One more time!" Yuno asked, seeing his brother reappear a bit away.

"Alright, alright! We can do this for as long as it takes!" The younger (Y/N) laughed, walking back to his original spot.

Flashback Ends...

"That's right...I don't need my eyes to fight..." Yuno thought as he remembered back to that day, recalling that despite trying all day, Yuno had been unable to push past his need for a visual aid.

"But this time...I don't have the luxury of falling back to my eyes...huh?" Yuno thought, though his eyes widened slightly as he saw, within the black abyss, a single, green bird-like mana source soar around him, before many more appeared.

"Is this...the flow of mana?" Yuno thought, puzzled as he sensed the mana lead him elsewhere, following its flow.

"Come on, hurry up and beg for your life! If you don't, I'm just going to have to kill you." The witch taunted Yuno's unmoving figure.

"There are so many things I want to ask you~! Hey, can you hear me? Hey, come on, answer me~!" The witch laughed with glee, though Yuno still didn't respond.

"Would you shut up? I couldn't care less about you. I just...don't want to lose...to Asta!" Yuno thought, a newfound conviction flooding through him.

"Not yet!" Yuno shouted, a green light flooding the area as Yuno's Grimoire opened to a certain page.

"That Grimoire...the legendary four-leaf clover?" The witch thought shakenly, waves of air magic rupturing through the area and towards Yuno.

"Huh? Mana is gathering...? This sensation...is he!? Is he...controlling the mana?!" The witch thought, her eyes now sporting a glint of fear, a small fairy appearing in front of Yuno with her hands outstretched.

"I see now...the spirit has been constantly sending me signs in the mana...but I was too ignorant of the mana flow to see them." Yuno's eyes widened slightly, feeling a rush of power within himself.

"Let me tell you just one thing about me..." Having regained his senses as the wind magic dispelled the curses, Yuno glared at the witch.

"I...hate losing more than anything else! [Wind Spirit Magic: Sylph's Breath!]" Yuno chanted, the rampant winds around the area channeling towards the witch, forming a giant bullet of wind streams and rocketing towards the witch.

"What...What is this power?!" Despite her many experiences, the witch had never once faced against a power this mighty, being helplessly engulfed by the spell, sharp winds tearing at her from all angles.

Looking on, Yuno shifted his eyes to the small fairy in front of him.

Elsewhere, with Fuegoleon...
(Damn, Fuegoleon, you're a legend, but I still gotta do it to ya Chief. Can we get an F in the chat for this absolute unit, lads?)

Within the realm of white, Fuegoleon curiously studied the runes inhabiting this place. However, footsteps were soon heard as Fuegoleon shifted his eyes.

"What...?! It's..." Fuegoleon couldn't believe his eyes, seeing a...familiar, face in front of him.

"It can't be...you're...?!" As Fuegoleon pondered this, light flooded the room, blinding the Captain.

Elsewhere, with Charmy...

"*munch, munch, munch*, *munch, munch, munch*." Charmy Pappitson was a simply girl. Charmy is the name, food is the game.

So, I'm sure you can tell just how delighted she was when she got an entire meal made just for her. So of course, she couldn't be so heartless as to ignore the meal.

"So good~!" Charmy exclaimed in bliss, continuing to eat the plate set before her, which was about as tall as she was, if not taller. Yeah, imagine having an appetite like that...

"The way you eat is fantastic, shrimp! All right, eat, eat, and eat some more!" The chef who'd cooked the meal encouraged, pride swelling within him as he saw the meal he'd put effort into be devoured so gratefully.

"'Kay!" Charmy, of course, gave in to his suggestion and continued to munch away at her meal.

"These two are insane! The country's in danger! Just what the heck are they doing?!" The two apprentice chefs in the room were flabbergasted at the scene before them, disbelief flashing through their faces.

"If it's not enough, I'll make as much as you want!" The chef spoke with pride, gaining a positive "'Kay!" from Charmy.

However, Fate was a cruel Mistress, wickedly causing an explosion within the same hall Charmy ate at.

Once the dust settled, an older version of the witch Yuno had been fighting revealed herself.

"Huh? A witch?" One of the apprentice chefs thought in confusion.

"We're being attacked!" The head chef yelled in distress, more worried for the state of his best dish yet than himself. A true chef, indeed.

"That's why I told you we should've ran!"

"Sir, hurry!"

The two apprentice chefs urged their master on, the man only running a bit away towards a door, waving at Charmy to come with him. It was a shame, but he'd cook his best meal again, if need be!

"I need...more mana...there, that girl...she's overflowing with it! I need that mana!" The witch thought as she raised herself, slowly walking towards Charmy.

"Give it to me..." The witch spoke, anger in her tone as she approached Charmy, intent on her mana. Of course, Charmy didn't know that.

"Give it to me...!" The witch yelled again.

"Give it to you? You can't mean...my food?! N-No!" Charmy attempted to wave off the witch, only for her to continue to advance, her magic power now on show.

"Give it to me!" A stream of ash magic erupted from the witch, headed towards Charmy.

"N-No!!!" Charmy stood in front of her food protectively, holding her body out as a shield.

Elsewhere, Yuno flew around the town with the Wind Spirit in tow, catching a glimpse of the witch's vile magic in a tower a distance away.

"This mana...that witch is still alive..." Yuno thought, though slight shock passed through him as he fell slightly.

"Tch...I'm reaching my limit, I need to end this fast!" Yuno thought, hurrying towards the tower as he sensed the Magic presence extend.

"What is this overflowing magic?" Yuno thought in awe, feeling a completely different presence than the one he'd fought.

Back with Charmy, she was still trying to defend her food.

"Give it to me!" The witch yelled out once more, her Magic presence clearly visible as ash magic approached Charmy, whom seemed visibly freaked out.

"I told you..." Charmy began, her Grimoire floating beside her now as she faced off against the witch.

"I told you no." Charmy's eyes opened, showing the serious glint in her eyes as her face shadowed, a giant sheep rising up behind her. Like- a seriously big sheep. Like that one boss in SAO Abridged, Sheeptard or whatever it was Asuna called him.

Then, the massive sheep inhaled all the ash magic tainting the area harmlessly, shocking the witch.

"I-Impossible!" The witch yelled in fear, stumbling back slightly.

"[Cotton Creation Magic: Strike of the Sleeping Sheep.]" Charmy's eyes were fully serious, the sheep behind her rearing back its arm and punching at the witch, landing a clean haymaker and punching the witch off the tower.
(She just got clapped by a sheep. A SHEEP! See, this type of shit is exactly what I'm looking for when I see a reserved character in a show like Black Clover. I fucking love this show.)

"Th-that's amazing!" One of the apprentice chefs commented in awe, the head chef laughing with pride.

"How'd you like that? The food I cooked with all my soul powered up the shrimp's magic!" The head chef bragged, the two apprentice's eyes shining with awe and respect.

"Seriously?! We'll follow you forever, sir!"

"Thank you so much!"

"Glad ya liked it!" The head chef laughed as his two apprentices praises him. (Anyone else get reminded of Food Wars with this phrase? No? Just me? Aight, I see y'all.)

"None shall ever lay a finger in my food." Charmy spoke coldly, the giant sheep behind her somehow adding to her intimidating demeanor.

"And dont you ever come back!" The head chef laughed proudly, sprinkling salt over the edge towards where the witch had fallen.

Speaking of the witch, she was currently being restrained by two Knights, bindings around her body.

"Am I...pretty?" The witch asked, her eyes rolling to the back of her head as she fell unconscious, a stream of the mana she'd stolen returning back to their rightful owners, along with their youths.

Back with Charmy, the sheep behind her began to fade...sending her beloved food out of the tower...

Despair took over Charmy as she watched the food fall over the edge, though a reverent gaze showed itself on her face as Yuno rose back up the tower, his wind magic also rising the food, which was somehow perfectly fine, up the tower as well.

"A child...? That tremendous magic I felt earlier...that was from her?" Yuno gazed at the little girl in surprise.

"She has a Black Bulls robe...so it was her then..." Yuno nodded to himself. It did make sense, that IS the Squad (Y/N) and Asta were both in. Only makes sense their other members would also be strong.

"M-my noms..." Charmy meekly spoke, holding her hands out towards the giant meal.

"Noms? Oh, here. I'm not sure what's going on, but..." Yuno sheepishly handed Charmy her snack.

"Thank y-?!" Charmy went to thank Yuno, only for her eyes to gaze upon his own, sparking love at first- why do I hear boss music?

"My Meal-Saving Prince..." Charmy's heart beat wildly, unaware of the poker face Yuno was sending at her.

"Th-Thank you..." Charmy spoke, trying to hide the blush on her face.

"Sure..." Yuno pokerfaced.

"U-um...N-name...?" Charmy asked while nomming on a piece of meat.

"Short ribs?" Yuno responded in confusion, assuming she was talking about the food she was currently eating.

"Oh, yeah! They're delicious! Try some! Wait, no, I mean...what is y-your name?" Charmy stuttered slightly.

Yuno then tuned out Charmy, realizing he himself wasn't doing so hot on Magic power, a stark contrast to Charmy.

"As I thought...this spell takes a lot of power to keep up...I'll need to learn...how to use it...better..." Yuno thought as he fell forward into unconsciousness.

"Hey! Watch out!" Charmy spoke in worry, launching her plate upwards and summoning a cloud of fluff, Yuno unknowingly dragging her down with him. Smooth, no pun intended.

Of course, she'd also summoned two smaller sheep helpers, of which had caught her meal.

"You're the best shrimp ever! Come see me whenever you're hungry. I'll let you eat all you want!" The chef praised Charmy, the girl cheering and eating, being fed by her fluffy summons.

Near the Northern District, with Ame and Sylvie...

The Shadow Ice and Lightning mages walked forward slowly, making sure to carry the body of (Y/N), slowly but surely towards where they felt the familiar signatures of other Magic Knights.

"So...how did you two even escape the spatial magic?" Sylvie asked Ame, only for the girl to look down.

"I had barely awoken moments before the spatial magic went off, only managing to get myself out of range...as for him..." Ame spoke softly, glancing at the unconscious (Y/N), whom, somehow despite being unconscious, still looked handsome.

"What happened with him? How did he get out of it?" Sylvie repeated, seeing that Ame stopped her sentence.

"Oh, right. Well, I'm not really too sure of it myself. All I saw was a massive blackish-red wing, which came out of his Grimoire while he was unconscious, and whenever the spatial magic touched the wing, it just seemed to...break?" Ame finished, though her sentence finished more as a question than anything else.

"It broke? More importantly, it came out without his command?" Sylvie asked skeptically, though Ame nodded her head confidently. She was sure her eyes hadn't deceived her.

"Hmm..." Despite racking her brain, Sylvie couldn't find a reason as to why a Grimoire would act on its own.

"You bastard! What have you done with my brother?!" The two mages didn't have time to ponder, however, arriving at the scene where the other Magic Knights layed at.

Currently, Leopold had Rades by his collar, though it did nothing to wipe away the smug look on Rades' face.

"Leopold, calm down. He isn't the spatial magic user." Noelle spoke calmingly, attempting to calm her cousin down.

"Yeah, and threatening him won't help us get back Captain Fuegoleon." Alice chipped in, shaking her head slightly.

"What's going on?" Sylvie asked, drawing the Magic Knights' attention to herself.

"Captain Fuegoleon is..." Alice began, however, her eyes trailed to (Y/N), whom the two were still carrying.

"Oh...my god..." Noelle covered her mouth with her hands, seeing the countless scratches and burn marks that covered the unconscious (Y/N)'s body.

"(Y/N)!" Being the first to react, Asta pushed past his own pain and rushed towards (Y/N), helping Sylvie and Ame sit the boy down against a building.

"What happened?!" Similarly, Alice rushed up to the two, her gaze containing a hint of worry as she saw the beaten form of her best friend.

"We got into a fight...we were fighting against someone...monstrously powerful...not only that, but he had this strange Magic item that absorbed anything we threw at him. Captain Rin, Ryan, Jayden, (Y/N), there was also that girl, Melody, I think her name was, and myself. But, we couldn't even get through the Magic item even with our powers combined..." Ame admitted, grasping her left arm tightly with her other arm, gritting her teeth.

"You're kidding..." Noelle gasped in shock, unwilling to believe that (Y/N), a Captain and MORE Magic Knights has been defeated by a single person...Wait, what if that person was still wandering around?!

Terror suddenly struck at Noelle's heart, shaking her head repeatedly in disbelief.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA! It sounds like you've met an acquaintance of mine!" Rades' smug voice brought the Magic Knights' attention to him, of whom was still bound by [Leo Palma] and grabbed by Leopold.

"That's right! The one you're speaking of is Yeon, a fellow...intruder, to you people!" Rades laughed wildly, Alice glaring at him.

"Silence!" Alice demanded, turning her attention towards Ame and Sylvie.

"Have you tried waking him up?" Alice asked, the two girls nodding.

"We've tried. He's alive, that's for sure, but he won't wake up. Even with some Magic, he still wouldn't react to anything..." Ame spoke with regret, gazing at the beaten form of the one who'd fought beside her.

Silence descended on the mages for a few, long seconds before someone finally spoke again.

"I know (Y/N), he won't die to just this. As much as I hate to say it, we have bigger things to focus on right now..." Asta was the one to speak surprisingly, standing up as he looked around, hissing slightly as he felt blood continue to drip down his face.

"...He's right. That idiot wouldn't die so easily, so let's focus on the problem at hand. If we can get back Captain Fuegoleon, I'm sure he'll know what to do." Noelle voiced her thoughts, the others nodding in slight agreement.

"You're right. (Y/N) isn't in immediate danger, so let's try to get back the Captain." Alice agreed, the Magic Knights returning to Leopold and Rades.

Unseen by anyone...a spark of midnight blue flame-like energy sparked on (Y/N)'s finger, though it faded away just as fast...

"If that spell was specifically targeting Fuegoleon, then the spellcaster had to have been close by..." Noelle speculated, the others nodding as the various mages looked around the area warily.

"For bringing whoever this did to my friends and brother...I swear I'll pay you back in pain!" Asta thought, something within him drawing his gaze to a certain pile of bodies.

"...I see." Asta thought as he brandished his swords, attracting the others' attention.

"You're right there!" Asta yelled as he charged at the pile of bodies, swinging his sword and sending dozens of the bodies flying...and one, through a spatial portal.

"He was hiding in the corpses?!" Alice exclaimed in shock, slight disgust flashing in her eyes.

Asta, however, didn't let his guard down for a moment, looking around warily.

"I'm surprised you managed to find me." A voice rang through the area, drawing the groups' attention to the corpse that teleported away, now standing on top of a building.

"I figured I'd be found if I used transformation magic, so I went through the trouble of making this filthy disguise. What are you, an animal?" The gray haired corpse questioned, grabbing and ripping off the fake skin of the corpse disguise.

"But it appears that it's over now." Below the mask, a man with black patterns and eyes with an abnormal black sclera looked down at the group.

"Over? What's over?" Leopold questioned, about a second away from burning the man to ashes.

As if to answer his question, a black spatial portal appeared in front of the group, and out came...Fuegoleon...however, something seemed amiss...

There, in a growing pool of his own blood, was Captain Fuegoleon himself...missing an arm.

"AAAAHHHHHHH!" Noelle, Alice, Asta, Sylvie and Ame all screamed in horror and rage at the same time, never before having witnessed the scene. Compared to Fuegoleon, (Y/N) seemed to be in a healthy state...

"FUEGOLEON!" The only one to not scream was Leopold, of whom only shouted his brothers' name in rage and horror.

Within seconds, the various Magic Knights surrounded the fallen Captain's body, unaware of the bonds that faded off of Rades...

"How...he's so...strong...who could've...?!" Asta failed to find a coherent sentence, shock passing through him. Truthfully, shock passed through all the Knights there.

"H-His arm..." Noelle whimpered, unable to stop shaking as she saw the state the man- whom was vastly stronger than she- was in.

"Fuegoleon..." Leopold whispered out, countless memories of the times Fuegoleon had acted both like an older brother and a mentor towards him flashing in his mind...

"Fuegoleon...Fuegoleon...That's impossible...There's no way Fuegoleon would lose. My brother wouldn't..." Leopold struggled to form a sentence, Asta placing his hand on the boy's shoulder, unsure of his own mental state.

However, a Grimoire dropped from the spatial portal as well.

"Ah, his Grimoire is still intact...that means, he's still alive!" Sylvie breathed a small sigh of relief, though it barely did anything to lessen her worries.

"We have to stop the bleeding!" Alice and Noelle both dropped down, tearing at their own clothes to form a makeshift bandage for the Captain.

"Impossible...Impossible..." Leopold muttered over and over, causing Ame to place her own hand upon his other shoulder comfortingly.

"He'll be fine...he's a Magic Knight Captain...he'll survive this..." Ame spoke, though her own voice began to crack, unsure of the Captains' fate...

"Damnit...if only Mimosa were here, or Melody..." Noelle spoke, turning her gaze towards Fuegoleon's Grimoire, and once more, horror struck at her.

Fuegoleon's Grimoire was...breaking...

"His Grimoire is breaking apart..." Sylvie spoke, alarmed as she saw the book begin to fall apart.

"N-no..." Alice's voice broke slightly, fear tearing at her. Would this be it? Would one of her biggest idols growing up, both as a mage and as a person, would she simply be forced to watch as he died?

"HAHAHAHAHAHHA! That's what you get for talking down to me earlier!" Rades taunted the still traumatized Leopold, sending the motionless boy flying with a blast of his own curse magic, effectively shocking the boy into unconsciousness.

Turning and walking towards Fuegoleon, Rades began speaking.

"A righteous heart? I've always been true to myself-!!" Rades began, but he was interrupted.

"TAKE A HIKE!" Three voices yelled out simultaneously, a ball of condensed flames making contact with Rades and pushing him back, burning him severely. However, even more pain followed as lightning travelled all over his body, effectively multiplying the pain he felt from the burns several fold. Even then, he was frozen still in a block of ice, the same expression of pain on his face as he became a sculpture, a result of Alice, Ame and Sylvie's attacks.

"...Hmph. He was always the fool. It matters not, our mission here is over anyway." The gray haired man on the roof spoke, extending his hand out towards the frozen Rades, a black spatial portal appearing underneath him.

"Don't even think about it!" Asta's voice sounded out as he threw his second blade towards Rades, pushing past his own injuries.

"Hmm...that anti-magic is much more troublesome than I'd thought it'd be..." The spatial mage spoke as he surveyed the scene, only for his eyes to widen as he saw a stream of flames headed towards him. However, as he was about to jump away, he found he couldn't as a stream of ice covered his foot, preventing him from moving, and simultaneously, a different stream of flames clashed into the man from behind him, effectively getting him caught in both attacks.

From the second stream of flames, Leopold slowly recovered as he began to talk.

"How...can I be panicking...I always need to remain calm...right, Fuegoleon?!" Leopold exclaimed, having regained his cool as he walked up beside Asta, resisting the urge to punch the ice trophy that was Rades.

Seeing the dire circumstances, the spatial mage slowly regained himself, though a voice rang out through the space.

"Pathetic...we received orders from the Master to come here, and look at you...you're struggling against this rag-tag bunch. How utterly pathetic." A voice rang out, an ominous wind kicking up and wrapping around the group of Magic Knights, forcing them in a circle.

"This magic...it's so cold..." Sylvie thought, shivering slightly at the new presence.

"There's...five new opponents?!" Ame panicked slightly, realizing that the enemy had now evened the odds.

"Dammit...I was only scratched, but, because of that curse, this wound is still bleeding and sapping my strength..." Asta thought in annoyance.

"It seems backup has arrived." The spatial mage commented as he saw the new arrivals wearing familiar robes.

"And at good timing too, Valtos. If we'd arrived any later, you and Rades here would've certainly been captured and dissected alive." One of the robed figures spoke, the voice sounding feminine.

"And if you're gonna be dissected, I want to be the one to do it." The person then added, causing Valtos, and, somehow, the frozen Rades to sweatdrop.

"Either way...we're clearly in the advantage now..." Valtos spoke as he looked at the mages and the newcomers.

"Think again!" Both Alice and Asta yelled, the former summoning up her flames fiercely yet elegantly despite her obvious exhaustion, and Asta slicing his own wounds with his blades, effectively dispelling the curses and stopping the bleeding.

"We can still fight!" Both Asta and Alice exclaimed, confident smiles on their faces as they turned towards the fallen Fuegoleon.

"Please watch us, sir!" The two exclaimed as if referring to their mentor, before looking at the intruding mages.

"Oooh, they've got some spunk. Can I dissect them?" The same robed figure asked childishly, only to receive a no from her companions.

"We can win this...it's an even matchup, everyone here can take a Mage, Noelle, please guard Captain Fuegoleon..." Alice took charge, everyone nodding as they prepared to fight.

Looking around her, Sylvie could immediately see that they were at a disadvantage despite the equivalent numbers. Everyone on her side was exhausted, whereas those on the enemies' side had just arrived.

However, as I said before, Mistress Fate is a cruel bitch...

"Oh? It seems like backup finally arrived, even if it was unnecessary." A familiar voice spoke, Ame's eyes widening in fear as she shakily looked up, her eyes hazy as she saw the familiar form of Yeon.

"Yeon...you've finally arrived. What took you so long?" One of the robed figures asked the golden robed man.

"I was snuffing out a Magic Knight Captain that got in my way." Yeon uncaringly spoke before looking at the crowd of mages.

"Yeon?! That guy who took down (Y/N) and the others?!" Alice looked obviously alarmed, looking at Ame for confirmation, and going by the look of fear on her face, it seemed like it was true...

Suddenly, the severity of the situation dawned on the Magic Knights...Not only were they surrounded by enemies, but they had a dying Magic Knight Captain, and apart from Sylvie and Noelle, the rest of them were littered in wounds and exhausted. Much less to mention the distant unconscious (Y/N), of whom could get caught in the crossfire from an unaimed spell.

"...It seems I have no choice." Alice thought, glancing at Ame.

"Hey, Ame, do you remember back in our Exam? Do you think you can also summon yours?" Alice asked, keeping her eyes on the opponents. Glancing at Ame, however, Alice saw the girl nod shakily.

"Alright...we've only got one shot at this. Asta, Leopold, Sylvie, Noelle, protect us until we can finish our spells!" Alice requested, the other nodding as Leopold, Sylvie and Asta all took up triangular positions around the two mages, Noelle casting [Sea Dragon's Lair] around the two.

"Oh? What's this?" Yeon asked, surprise obvious in his voice as an infernal red magic circle appeared on the floor, and in the skies, another tempest blue magic circle appeared within a vortex in the sky, mana swirling towards the two magic circles.

"Oh, great King of all that is infernal..."

"Oh, grand God, sovereign to all that is storm..."

The two mages chanted, however, the robed mages weren't just going to sit around and let them do as they pleased.

"Enough of this. Let's finish them and go home." Yeon spoke as he waved his hand, sending streaks of lightning towards the pair, only for Asta to slice through them, effectively saving Noelle's spell the trouble.

"In your dreams! We're not just going to let you get our friends while we can still move!" Asta spoke out defiantly, Yeon gazing coldly at him.

"Someone like you isn't even worthy of mention. Very well, I'll give you the death you crave so much." Yeon spun his hand in a circle, dozens of lightning bolts appearing around the group of Magic Knights.

Similarly, the other robed figures jumped into action, sending blasts of of their own Magic's at the Magic Knights.

And so the battle began, Sylvie, Asta and Leopold fending off the attacks from the robed mages, Noelle casting [Sea Dragon's Lair] on them should they have missed an attack.

However, after about ten seconds of that song and dance, the two [Avatar] users were ready.

"[Lightning Creation Magic: Storm God's Descent!]"

"[Shadowflame Creation Magic: Flame King's Eternal Blaze!]"

Simultaneously, a giant, infernal hand reached out from the floored magic circle whilst another burst through the one in the sky, gripping a massive bolt of lightning.

The Storm God had descended, and the Blaze King had ignited...

"Oh? [Avatar]'s?" Yeon asked, his eyes turning serious as he saw the new threats.

Of course, the two mages payed him no mind as they focused on their summons.

"He's your opponent! Take him down!" Both Ame and Alice spoke at the same time, pointing at the floating Yeon, of whom still had the same translucent barrier around him.

Much like the first time the two [Avatars] had been summoned together, the two gave each other respectful nods before a sword made of pure magma formed in the Blaze King's gauntlet-clad hands, sparks of lightning forming in the skies and thunder booming as the Storm God summoned its own bolt of lightning.

Having been given a target, the two Avatars got to work.

Im a split second, infernal flame chains burst from the floor and towards Yeon, though the Last Prism simply absorbed the magic-formed chains.

However, the Blaze King struck right after, its sword descending upon the barrier formed by the Last Prism for a few seconds before it was repelled. However, before Yeon could even recover, the Storm God took action.

Countless bolts of lightning assaulted the Last Prism from all sides, making the translucent shield obviously visible from any perspective, practically supercharged with Magic.

Of course, the Storm God wasn't quite finished yet as it reared back it's hand, throwing the giant bolt of lightning it had conjured at Yeon, creating a massive spire of lightning in impact, encompassing Yeon.

Of course, even after those attacks, the Avatars didn't give Yeon any time whatsoever, the Blaze King stabbing its blade into the ground, a stream of flames forming cracks in the pavement as a pillar of flames kicked up from under Yeon, leaving him open to further attacks.

Of course, the Storm God full well planned to take advantage of the situation, raising its hand upwards and swinging it back down harshly, the mother of all thunderbolts striking down at the Last Prism.

"Gah!!!" Yeon groaned slightly from within the Last Prism, as though he wasn't hit by the actual attacks, the man was still affected by the outrageous temperatures and shocks from the various Magic's.

This was what made [Avatars] so frightening. One Avatar alone contained enough power to level a few towns, so just how would two Avatars working together to subdue one person work out? Unless the opponent was some kind of peak existence, it would be a simple case of ultimate suppression.

"Ame!" Alice shouted, gaining a nod from the other girl.

"Yeah, let's do it!" Ame responded, prepared to use what little magic she had left to cast her last spell.

"[Storm God's Voltaic Wrath!]"

"[Blaze King's Scorching Rage!]"

The two girls casted their spells, a golden colored flame overtaking the Blaze King's sword, and countless bolts of intense lightning breaking off towards Yeon.

"That level of teamwork is almost seamless..." Sylvie couldn't help but be in awe as she glanced at the two Avatars and their users, seeing them work in almost perfect harmony.

A giant explosion sounded out as the Blaze King's sword made contact with the Last Prism,  though it held its place despite the ever strengthening of the barrier due to the flames the blade was forged from.

However, the countless strikes of lightning by the Storm God also aided in strengthening the shield, the initially translucent barrier now a clear color, allowing everyone to see its presence clearly.

"Ha..haha...HAHAHAHA! Even with all this, you still can't do anything to my barrier! This is all you fakes will ever be able to accomplish-!!" Yeon laughed, though his eyes widened as he noticed cracks beginning to form on the Last Prism. Not the barrier, but the magic item itself.

"No...impossible! S-stop them!" Yeon shouted in alarm towards the other robed figures, sending his own frenzied bolts of lightning towards Ame and Alice, a desperate attempt.

"Quickly, before it breaks!" The robed figures immediately saw the situation, beginning to fire exclusively at Ame and Alice, ignoring the other three mages.

"If we can protect them...we can win this!" Asta thought with conviction, brandishing his swords and slicing through any and all attacks headed his way.

"I can strike them from here...I've only got one shot at this. Yeon, now!" Valtos thought, opening a spatial portal near Yeon, the man launching his own attack, [Voltaic Discharge], into the portal as it closed.

"Come on! We can win this!" The three protecting mages all shouted to themselves with conviction, fighting desperately, though their exhaustion began to catch up as Noelle's barrier received a few attacks...

"Gahhgh!!!" Yeon shouted, sending his own Magic at the Blaze King's sword and countless bolts in an attempt to slow them down, though they only tore through his attempts.

"We've got this-"

"Almost there-"

ZZZZZAAAAAPPPPP!

Simultaneously, both the Avatars began to fade, a stark silence overthrowing the area as Asta, Noelle, Sylvie and Leopold all watched in disbelief as a spatial portal closed within Noelle's barrier, lightning striking around as Alice and Ame fell to the floor helplessly, twitching slightly as the electric attack numbed the two, forcing them to the floor.

"You're...kidding..." Asta was the first to break the silence, seeing Yeon slowly begin to recover as his friends fell...

"No way...he...how..." Noelle was stunned. There was no denying that. How had the spatial mage managed to create a portal INSIDE her barrier?!

What none of them had seen, however, was a small plant had been sucking the mana that formed the barrier, giving a small opening for Valtos to create a portal within the barrier, which he'd created one that would unleash Yeon's [Voltaic Discharge] upon the two mages.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA! You've lost, Magic Knights! In the end, you fakes couldn't protect anything! Die with the regret of knowing you accomplished nothing!" Yeon laughed maniacally, both him and the robed figures sending various attacks at the stunned Magic Knights...

"So this is it..." Alice thought emptily, her hazy eyes scanning the area slowly.

"This is where we die...?" Alice asked herself as she looked around, finding various attacks coming at the Magic Knights from all sides.

Landing her eyes on (Y/N), a single tear rolled down Alice's eyes, a final plea.

"Save me...(Y/N)..." The girl thought helplessly, closing her eyes as the various spells approached the group.

??????????, with (Y/N)...

"It's dark...It's so dark..." (Y/N) thought as he felt nothing, no wind, no sounds, no touch, nothing. Just an endless void.

"Did I die...? Is this what death feels like, because I've gotta say...this is pretty fucking boring..." (Y/N) chuckled slightly, hearing the sound echo in the blackened void.

Looking around in the deafening silence, (Y/N)'s lips slowly formed into a thin line.

"You aren't dead, young Lord." A monstrous voice boomed, seeming as if it were coming from every location.

"I'm not...? And wait, young Lord...?" (Y/N)'s confusion was plain to see, glancing around the empty void, but still not finding any trace of anything or anyone else.

"Yes, this place is ??????????, where you reign." The voice spoke once again, confusing (Y/N) once more.

"Wait, who are you, anyway?" (Y/N) questioned suspiciously, though he closed his eyes as a blinding light suddenly appeared.

"Your friends and family are in danger, young Lord." The monstrous voice spoke again, though it sounded like it was boomed through the massive area.

"Huh? In danger? What do you mean, they can all handle themselves..." (Y/N) denied, trying to shake off the feeling of dread creeping up on his heart.

"They will die, if you do not take action." The voice spoke again, causing (Y/N) to cover his ears slightly.

"What do you mean, they'll die?!" (Y/N) was through playing around, his eyes turning serious as he stood up, despite having no seemingly solid floor.

"Have a look, young Lord." The voice suggested as a screen of magic appeared before (Y/N), showing him the scene currently happening outside, Alice and the others fighting against the strange robed invaders...

"..." (Y/N) wasn't sure what he was feeling. After watching for a few seconds, his mind had simply blanked out. Was it anger? No, it was something else. Was it fear? No, that didn't seem very likely. It was something more...devilish...

"What will you do, young Lord?" The monstrous voice questioned as a midnight blue flame appeared on a pedestal a few steps away from (Y/N).

"What will I do?" (Y/N) asked as the screen fades to black, leaving only the soft pattern of his footsteps to be heard.

...

...

...

"I'LL TEAR THEM APART!" (Y/N)'s voice echoed through the entire void as he grasped the midnight blue flame, the surroundings being set ablaze as his eyes showed an unmatched ferocity.

A primal feeling...

...an unchained Wrath.

————————————————————
WOOOO! That's another chapter just a MEASLY 11 hours after the last one. Yeah, I told ya guys I got my drive back didn't I? Fuck yeah, I have so many plans for this story going on ahead! Anywho, next time we'll see what this mysterious new power is- though most of you probably already know, or have a clue- but still, it'll be a reveal!

Anywho, till next time!

Current Harem: (Feelings towards (Y/N))
Alice (Crush)
Noelle (Crush)
Mimosa (Crush)
Vanessa (Amused)
Alisia (Unknown)
Rebecca (Unknown)
Dorothy (Unknown)
Mariella (Unknown)
Mereleona (Unknown)
Fana (Elf) (Unknown)
Kahono (Unknown)
Ame (Interested)
Lana (Interested)
Sol (Respected)
Nero (Maybe??)
Rin (Respected)
Sylvie (Unknown)
Melody (Thankful)

~ Chaoz has logged out. ~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

391 88 7
βπ‘Ύπ’‰π’š 𝒅𝒐𝒆𝒔 π’Žπ’š π’†π’™π’Šπ’”π’•π’†π’π’„π’† π’Žπ’‚π’•π’•π’†π’“ 𝒕𝒐 π’šπ’π’–?❞ Asael didn't want to marry, let alone be forced into it by his parents, with a wo...
2M 83.3K 106
Y/n L/n was your everyday boy; helping out his family, caring for his younger brother, cooking with mother, and collecting wood with father. He was h...
Black Sheep By Golden

General Fiction

421K 20.4K 64
Y/N gets more than she bargained for when getting to know the mystery creature that's been living in her shop silently for the past few years. She ne...
11.7K 411 6
(ON HOLD) ℭ𝔦𝔱𝔢 𝔬𝔣 π”°π”±π”žπ”―π”°. 𝔄𝔯𝔒 𝔰π”₯𝔦𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔀 𝔧𝔲𝔰𝔱 𝔣𝔬𝔯 π”ͺ𝔒? ℭ𝔦𝔱𝔢 𝔬𝔣 π”°π”±π”žπ”―π”° 𝔗π”₯𝔒𝔯𝔒'𝔰 𝔰𝔬 π”ͺ𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔱π”₯π”žπ”± β„‘ π” π”žπ”«...