Wherever You Will Go (Rastro...

Galing kay SeanKarlo

Jade and Althea are childhood friends and eventually highschool sweethearts. They have a great and loving fam... Higit pa

Letters
Crush
Fun
Closer
Broken
Latch
author's note
Kiss Me
Mad
They Don't Know About Us
Happy
Paper Cut
I, Rebel
Wild
Destiny
Unconditional
The Truth
Batch 27
Alice Jade
I Knew I loved You
Home
Decision
Before Sunrise
Quick Update!
Casualties
In a Moment
Shoutout!

Glimpse

146 7 2
Galing kay SeanKarlo

---

Time flies so fast, If I could stop it I would. If only I can, to the time where I can still see the point in all of this. Back to where my Dad, Mom, Miggy, and I were happy living as a happy family. Where Jade and I could still see each other. Where she would have not left me. But I have to accept that life is not fair. It's not fair at all. If only it goes all according to our plan. It would be easy. But it didn't and sometimes it never will. Life has ups and downs, happiness and tears, pain and regrets. As the saying goes "Life is not waiting for the storm to pass, but learning how to dance in the rain." We must learn how to accept situations that are exactly the opposite of what we wanted. We must learn how to be happy with the little things and even when the situations didn't go exactly as we planned. We must be grateful that we got to enjoy and live this life that we have been given and live well with it.

My life changed since that night when The Don made himself know to me and my heart is just fresh from a heartbreak of a young love. After that night I never had the chance to say goodbye to my parents. The pain of betrayal is so fresh and my mind is clouded with hate. We went straight to the airport and boarded the plane to London. Only Miggy came to say goodbye to me. My life in London for the past 5 years has been a band aid to what I really felt when what I needed was an operation of some sort. Two years I spent alone mostly in my room. I gained a few friends but Batchi is the one who stayed with me. I'm glad that she decided to go back to Europe this time to study with me. She visits her dad in Germany on Holidays that's when I was left alone as I didn't want to go with her even if she insisted. College changed everything for me. I changed. I get tired of being alone and being eaten by my own thoughts and feelings.

I started going to parties when I don't like parties at all. Maybe just to escape what I felt. I started hanging with the wrong crowd. There's never a weekend where I'm not drunk and high as hell. I even tried to rob a convenience store just for the fun of it but my Grandfather's influence always gets me out of it. But no matter how hardheaded I was, I had rules: No drinks on school days and No cocaine. I smoke weed that's all. Maybe that is why I maintained high grades and manage to the top of my class even became the captain of the varsity basketball team. Well, you know there's a lot of girls in there right? And I'm really good at it. I never passed girls that try to get their hands on me too. From being introverted to being extroverted. A 360 degree turned around. And after four years in college now the CEO of the Galura Empire. A title I had never even dreamed of having. I always thought I am too young to handle any of this still. But The Don insisted. He said he believed in my abilities. I guess it is what it is.

Working at The Don's empire is a breeze since I work in the London office for two hours every day after school during my school years in London. Completely understanding the company inside out even I don't like it at first. I really didn't have a choice, did I? To be the granddaughter and sole heir of the empire. I don't really call him grandfather. I'm not used to and I don't think it will change soon. Our relationship was purely official. But every now and then he tries to reach out to me asking how I am. And every now and then I call him Lolo. Sometimes I daydream of when my life was simple. A teenager dreaming to be a music artist singing her heart out in a café or rocking out in a gig somewhere.

Galura Plaza, BGC

" Ma'am, someone named Kathleen Oliveros is here to see you. "

" I don't know that name, does she made an appointment??? tell her to come back in a month," I said irritated.

I've been on this project proposal since Monday and here come Friday and I'm still not finished reviewing this goddammit 200 pages proposal. I mean who would do a 200 pages proposal? Well, not for me.

" Ahm ahmm.. I'm sorry Ma'am she said The Don told her to talk to you today." she said nervously on the phone.

And why the hell it is The Don sent her??? dammit.

" Send her in."

My face is buried in the folder I'm studying when my door opened and came in Angie my secretary with a tall, fair-skinned, brown-colored hair, jaw-dropping woman. I raised my head and stand as I told my secretary to leave.

" To what honor do I owe this visit, Miss Oliveros?"

" Why too formal Althea? I've known you since high school and As if I've never been on your bed just six months ago...moaning in pleasure as you- "

" Cut the crap Kathleen, I'm working. And it's a one-night stand, don't you get it?"

" Oh so feisty, I like that. It's like when you're in the bed with me. We'll, can't wait to be a Galura now."

" What the fvck are you talking about???"

" Well, ask your Grandfather. I just thought to pay a visit to my soon-to-be wife's office."

" See you Luv," she said as she strides to the door leaving the door ajar.

I was dumbfounded and angry. What is this girl saying I thought, but deep inside I know what is happening? Again? I won't let this happen. This is just plain bullsh*t.

---

" Jade, are you free later at 7 pm? We told your your Tito Gary that we will be at their house for dinner with your other Tito and Titas. They've miss you. "

"Yes Ma, We're on our way to Manila already. See you at dinner."

I've spent a week in Tagaytay with my bestfriends Lovi and Jason ang yeah I'm third wheeling and they can't do anything about it. They've been with me since high school. Many thought Me and Jason will end up together but I prefer girls particularly one girl. He and Lovi are good for each other and I'm happy for them. Lovi was the sister I never had and I'm glad that we got to go together and study in London. We stayed at an AirBnB called Narra House and It's been a relaxing week for me and my friends. Being a geologist and artist makes you appreciate nature more. We spend the day playing cards, singing, painting and swimming in the private pool. It's been three months since I arrived in the Philippines and I'm actually enjoying it. I've seen some old friends and classmates too and they've actually given me invitation for our High School reunion this coming week and I can't help but wonder if Althea's going to be there also. I've got only three months left here in the Philippines and I'm off to the states for my Masters and eventually PH.D. I wonder where will this step take me cause I wanted to do arts for so long.

I love arts and music since I'm a kid. We own the school Lopez Academy of Sports and the Arts right? There I honed my love for it. It's good to have a school that focus on that particular note though I'm also above average in other subject such as Science and Math. There I also met Jason and Lovi and became best friends. I love to paint and sing though my parents don't allow me outside most of the time, I've been really outgoing and sometimes escape with my friends.

And during that time is also where I saw the girl that made my heart skip a beat and my stomach flutter with butterflies of all sorts. Her name is Althea Guevara the Captain of our Girls Varsity Basketball team. I can vividly remember the first day I saw her in the gym trying out for the school's basketball team. Wearing that contagious smile the one where it reaches her eyes. That Red shirt she always wear casually made her look so awfully gorgeous. Gorgeous in plain clothes right? Well, that's Althea. One time on our Sophomore year, she arrived on her motorbike wearing her black leather jacket her read shirt , black dr. martens , ray ban on. Damn. Girls swoon over her. That's how popular Althea is in our school. She also is a member of the school band and play the drums and guitar. I wonder if Miss Popular will ever attend the reunion.

And what about me? Well, I'm just part of the totally nerdy ones who will not caught your eye. The one who wear glasses carries large chunks of books and invisible to the crowd. I work on the sidelines and I excel in the academics. I paint murals in our school. Actually I paint a lot. Painting is my escape in the real world. Well, that is me your totally invisible girl. But what I don't understand is my Dad always saying to me not to befriend Althea. As if I will, I hope I did. But well, my parents told me that I was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis when I was 2 years old. I am very sickly then and they thought the will gonna lose me. I undergone a lung transplant when I was five years old. I barely remember any of that but I thank God I grow up well. They said that I had to minimize my contact with people to avoid unnecessary reoccurrence of the disease. Dad always said to me that " You don't know what those other kids have so you must keep your distance to avoid infections Jade." And I'm always the obedient one.

" What are you thinking Jade?" Lovi asked as we are nearing our house. I drove on our way to the dinner as Jason is at the back napping.

" Nothing Vi, I'm just tired" I said casually hiding the tone

" Jadey , you are like a sister. No need to hide. I know you from head to toes. Is it Althea? Your long time crush turned into love but she never knew? " She said jokingly

" Nahh! As if" I spat Lovi's shoulder and fake laugh

" You saw her again right?"

" Yeah, during practice and graduation. "

" Professor Schott introduced her on the lobby that graduation day. I was so nervous Vi. I thought I'm gonna faint, to put in in a more exaggerating way. Seeing her that close again." I recall vividly.

I knew we were on the same school but as always I'm good at being invisible. Only that day I cannot be anymore as I am hailed as the Magna Cum Laude but even then, I thought she will not notice me. I can't forget the look she gave me. Those eyes filled with longing, hurt or even more...love? Is it? I don't know. As if she longs for me and wants to hug me right there. But I knew that's not the case.

" She's still your first love right Jadey?"

"Right." I said sadly as I turned and let the car park on the side of the town house where we will be having dinner.

---

Heyoo everyone! I'm still alive, alert awake. lol

hello to anyone who still reads this story. I know I have been on hiatus for like forever but I'm back and I'm gonna finish this story. How are you guys? Fill me in.

Love you all! even though you don't love me or whatever. lol

PS. sorry for any wrong grammatical errors or whatsoever cause I didn't reread anything.

love and peace! :D

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

27.1K 563 5
Disclaimer: I decided to publish the story again. This story was inspired by a fanfiction I've read before and I just added some twist to satisfy my...
458 19 9
She's an open book, she's full of secrets She's a ray of sunshine, she's a snowflake in a storm How do you keep out of each other's way when everythi...
120K 3.8K 52
The desire to find someone who could accept you for who you truly are. Not the people personified you with.......... Can FATE lead you to her? ...
33.1K 1.5K 43
A love that has gone through a lot... A love that has an immeasurable sacrifices... A love that shattered, rebuilt and strengthened by time... ...