Falling Down Slowly... A Unde...

By Jeny442

Our story begins with Frisk, a homeless, 19 year old girl, as she climbs Mt. Ebbot for the second and final t... More

The First Fall...
Resets... Resets... Resets?
Headaches and Flower Petals...
Trust Isn't Easy...
The Second Fall...?
A Cautious Helping Hand?
Male Terror...
The Past Can Haunt Us...
Alone in the Dark...
Clarity Through a Murky Window...
It Twists And Turns...
The Past That Hurts Us...
Peaceful Lullaby...
Happy Accidents...
Dreams Are Dreams... Right?
The Future Could Help Us...?
Flowers Slowly Falling...
A Sleepless Run...
After The Cold Set In...
The Past That Changes Us...
The Knowledge That Doubts Us...
Friend Or Foe...
A Blank Soul's Wish...
Eyes The Passage To The Soul...
Nightmares Wake...
Morning Break...
A Cold Brisk Morning...
The Dreams That Scar Us...
Time To Reflect...

Dreams?... Reality?... Or The Never Ending Nightmares?...

90 1 5
By Jeny442

Frisk kept waking up from her recurring nightmares... They all ended the same way... It just seemed that either she had control or not... Sometimes she'd watch herself as she attacked the Skeleton... And sometimes she'd have control... But they all ended the same way... A warm embrace... Followed by a sharp pain in her back that would wake her up... After the 18th time she crawled out from under Sans arm, careful not to wake him, and then walked to the bathroom... She could still feel the phantom pain in her back as she pulled up her sweater to take a look... What she found appeared to be multiple scars... Both old... And new...

She knew there were really old ones from her first foster home but... Those had faded to a point they were practically gone... And yet there were new ones that looked a few weeks old and yet... They weren't there before... Frisk was scared... She had just told Sans about her illness, and now this!

She closed her eyes as she began to panic... She knew she couldn't hide it for long... Soon she'd need a bath and he'd see it... But... What should she do... He would just bring her to Alphys and have her tell him everything... And the fact that the knew nothing would devastate him... She wished she could just go see Alphys now and get it over with... Then suddenly she heard a sound, and as she opened her eye she found that she was no longer in the Skeleton's bathroom... She looked around and realised that she was in Alphys' patient treatment room.

Frisk didn't understand as she walked out to find Alphys sitting on the couch with Undyne watching, 'Kissy Kissy Mew Mew The Movie: Return of the Mew 3!', Alphys jumped and Undyne threw a spear at Frisk, which grazed her arm, leaking the black fluid as the door closed behind her. "F-F-F-FRISK OH MY GOD! A-A-ARE YOU O-O-OKAY! HOW D-D-DID YOU G-GET HERE!!!", "Oh geez sorry kid! Aww man Sans is gonna kill me for this...", Alphys ran over to Frisk to help stop the bleeding as Undyne paused the movie. "O-o-oh m-man Undyne, y-y-ya really got her... This w-will need s-stitches...", "Oh Man Now Sans Is Really Gonna Kill Me... Speaking of which, hey kid where is the smiley trashbag? You couldn't of gotten in there without him? What he do drop ya off here and leave? If so, I'll Pummel The Freak!", Frisk giggled at her enthusiasm, she wasn't comfortable talking around Undyn yet but that didn't mean she didn't like the energetic fish swordswoman, as they walked back into the treatment room Frisk sat down and explained what had happened, from her getting advice from Papyrus, to telling Sans of her illness and helping her breathe again, to her recurring nightmares leading her to the bathroom and then suddenly being in this room. Alphys had finished stitching her arm and then asked to see her back, as she did Undyne chimmed in, "Yep those do seem old... How many times did you get this dream?", *Oh umm... Let's see... Once yesterday and... 18 today I think... Why?*, Undyne froze but then told her, "There's at least 19 here...", this shocked Frisk turning her eye a light yellow as Undyne continued, "And to me it sounds like ya did a 'Short-cut' like the smiley trashbag likes to do when he's lazy.". It made sense to her but she didn't know how she'd done it in the frist place... She shrugged it off but Alphys seemed worried by this, "Hmmmm, w-w-wait here from a moment...", Alphys left, leaving Frisk and Undyne alone but soon the sounds of banging and drilling could be heard from behind the door, soon it stopped and Alphys was back. She handed Frisk a phone, "H-here. S-since you can't s-seem to c-control this y-yet, I m-made you a personal ph-phone. I-it will a-allow you to contact s-someone i-if you get lost o-or stuck s-somewhere... A-and i-if you press this button n-next to someone else's ph-phone it w-will allow them t-to track it, l-like so...", as she did it both Undyne's and Alphys' phones lit up and downloaded a tracking softward, Frisk could now see and icon of Alphys, Undyne, and her self on a little radar. Frisk smiled at the cute little figure, Alphys had clearly put a lot of work and effort into this phone for her. She thanked them both and Alphys became flustered while Undyne grinned from ear to ear.

Alphys got some cream out for Frisk's back, to help the scars heal a bit. They then went out and continued watching the movie, Alphys was informing Frisk what had already happened in it, as Undyne got a call and left the room.

~············~

Sans woke up in the middle of the night, he looked at his phone to see it was 2 in the morning, Frisk wasn't in the room so he got up to make sure she wasn't sleepwalking again. As he left the room he could see that the bathroom light was on, but as he got to it he found it empty, he turned off the light and went downstairs but after not finding her there he began to worry. He even checked Papyrus' room but after not finding her there either he began to panic, "Paps wake up!", "Nyeh? What Is It Brother?", "I can't find Frisk I don't think she's in the house!", Papyrus tried to calm him down, "Sans Listen To Me I Understand Your Worried, But Before You Go Running Around In The Woods Looking For Her, Let's Call Our Friend's Over To Help. Ok?, "O... Ok Paps... Thanks...", "No Problem Bro, Now You Go Get Your Phone And I'll Call Undyne, Ok", "Ok bro... You're the best...". Sans left the room as Papyrus got up and called Undyne.

"Yello?", "Ah Undyne! The Human Frisk Has Gone Missing Again And We're Requesting Your Assistance To Search The Woods Again!", "Oh, ya mean the brat? Well don't worry she's here with me and Alphys watching anime. She just sorta appeared outta no where, really spooked us. Oh don't tell your bro but I kinda threw a spear at her, She's Fine By The Way! Just a scratch on her left arm is all and we patched her up, one sec...", the phone got muffled as Undyne covered it with her hand, "Yo Kid! Ya want the Skelladudes to come pick ya up?.... Ya? Ok, one sec. Ok Papyrus whenever you're ready she'll be here waiting on ya's, ok?", "Ok Well Thanks Undyne I'll Inform My Brother And He'll Be By In A Few Minutes For Her! Thanks Again! Bye!".

As Papyrus hung up Sans had made his way back to the room, "Ah Great Timing Brother! It Seems That The Human Somehow Traveled To Hotland On Their Own In The Time We Fell Asleep! I Don't Know How They Did This In Such A Short Amount Of Time But That Doesn't Matter. She's At Alyphs' Lab When You're Ready To Pick Her Up.", Sans let out a sigh of relief, turning to his brother, "Thanks bro I owe ya one. I won't be gone long.". And then he was gone.

Sans teleported right next to Alphys t.v. and then jumped out of the way of an on coming spear as the girls all screamed, "Whoops sorry Sans... Really gotta learn to ask questions first...", "Nah it's my fault I shouldn't of scared ya all...", he paused as Frisk smiled at him. She was still in her sleep wear which was a baggy pink hoodie and her black underwear... But something seemed... Wrong... It wasn't until he noticed the black stain on the left sleeve he understood what... He walked over to Frisk, "Hon what happened here?", Frisk replied signing, *Just an accident, nothing serious- Oh! Give me your phone!*, Sans was confused but gave it to her anyway as she pulled out the one Alphys just gave her, it was yellow and had Temy stickers all over it.

"Uh-um well Sans, I g-gave Frisk a phone for emergencies, I w-was already making i-it for her but decided to give it t-to her now a-after what h-h-h-happened.", Sans was now even more confused, "Um what did happen exactly?", Undyne chimed in this time, "Kid can use your 'Short-cuts' now, but seems she can't control when she does it, Alph made her a trusty tracker software that allows her and other's to know their location with a... Radar thingie or something... All I know it it's Awesome!".

Sans sighed and thanked them both, then took Frisk home. They landed on his bed and once they finish bouncing, he looked at her with an emotionless gaze... It reminded her of the nighmares, "Show me the damage kid...", Frisk was scared but didn't want to anger him more so she got up and while facing away from him took off the hoodie... Completely forgeting about her back... Sans gazed at the multiple scars on Frisk's back... Some looked like they came from puncher wounds, while the others were slashes... His eyes drifted to her left arm that had a bandage on it but had turned slightly black from the blood... "Come here... Let me see it...". Frisk walked over slowly and sat to his right, Sans carefully peeled the bandage down, but not all the way off. There were four stitches in total and they looked to be turning black from her blood... *sigh*... "Alright kid... Tell me what happened...".

Frisk looked at Sans but quickly looked away, she was still a little scared that he was mad at her, and with the nightmares still fresh in her mind... "I... I can experience this thing called phantom sence... It's where even if you're not touching me, if you make the gester... I can feel it... Same goes for dreams...", this just made Sans remember the first time she technically sleep walked... A light blue blush dusted his cheekbones but quickly faded as she continued, "And I... I was having some nightmares... So I got up to was my face... But the pain was still there so I took a look... It's only on my back but... I got worried about what you'd say or think... Or do... Once you found out... I knew we'd definitely go see Alphys and I started wishing I could go on my own... Just to find out if it was serious or not... But then when I opened my eye I found I was already there... I-I planned on telling you... I just didn't want you to worry...".

Frisk was looking at her lap when Sans carefully pulled her into a hug, "I know you don't want me to worry but I will always worry... Especially when I have no idea what's going on with you... I understand that there are certain things you wont want to tell me, but when it comes to the big things like your health... Please... Tell me ok... I'm ok with everything else... But I just want to help..."... Frisk looked over at the Skeleton... How could such a kind and thoughtful person hurt her... He couldn't right?...

This was the man who cared...

The first person to care about her in a long time...

The first person she had cared about...

The first person she loved...

And loved her back...

Sans pulled away from the hug, as Frisk pulled him back to their comfy spot under the covers, but Frisk didn't want to sleep yet... "Hey... Can't sleep?", Frisk nodded her head against his chest, "Ya worried about the nightmares?", Frisk froze... She didn't want to tell him... What would he think if she told him that the person that had killed her in the nightmares was him... But... He'd get worried if she didn't say anything... So she nodded once more, "Wanna talk about it?", No! No she did not, shaking her head..., "Hmmm... How about a song then? But we do 20 questions tomorrow about it ok?"...

Sans was gonna sing to her?!? Now she had to hear this and it didn't seem like the worse trade off so she agreed, "Alright let me think of one... Oh I got the perfect one to put you asleep. Ready for it?".

(A/N: Song; Lost Without You
By; Ben Woodward)

"Forget about the monsters..."

"Underneath your bed..."

"Sleep a little longer..."

"Is what you used to say to me..."

"Forget about the darkness..."

"It's all just in your head..."

"Sleep a little longer..."

"Is what you used to say..."

"Tell me why'd you have to leave right now?..."

"Think I'm losing my mind bout' now..."

"Yeah, all I'm seeing are stars cause I'm so lost without you..."

"Tell me when can we speak again?..."

"Cause I don't think I can wait till' then..."

"Yeah, I look up to the stars cause I'm so lost without you..."

"Cause I'm so lost without you..."

"Now I'm friends with the monsters..."

"From underneath my bed..."

"We watch films together..."

"And reminisce about what you used to say..."

"When I'm caugh in the shadows..."

"When It's hard to see..."

"I kickstart the floodlights in my head..."

"Just like you said to me..."

"Tell me why'd you have to leave right now?..."

"Think I'm losing my mind bout' now..."

"Yeah, all I'm seeing are stars cause I'm so lost without you..."

"Tell me when can we speak again?..."

"Cause I don't think I can wait till' then..."

"Yeah, I look up to the stars cause I'm so lost without you..."

"Cause I'm so lost without you..."

"I need you to stay a little longer..."

"Cause I don't think that I can do this on my own..."

"I need you to stay a little longer..."

"Cause I need more than just the pictures on my phone..."

"Tell me why'd you have to leave right now?..."

"Think I'm losing my mind bout' now..."

"Yeah, all I'm seeing are stars cause I'm so lost without you..."

"Tell me when can we speak again?..."

"Cause I don't think I can wait till' then..."

"Yeah, I look up to the stars cause I'm so lost without you..."

"Cause I'm so lost without you..."

Frisk was fast asleep in his arms by the time he was done, she had the cutest little sleepy smile on her face as she burried her head into his shirt. Sans wrapped his arms around her...

"Night Dollface... Sweet Dreams..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 4.3K 68
This story is inspired by many other works and may bear some resemblance in certain places. However, I will endeavor to make this story it's own. 2...
9.3K 218 47
"Many years ago. Humans and monsters used to live in peace. Until war broke out between the two race. It was a battle full of lost and pain to both s...
4.6K 102 37
Intro: The barrier was down. It had already been four week. Most of the humans were not pleased with the monster arrival, but since Mont Ebbot was...
7.5K 148 47
"Many years ago. monster and humans use to live in harmony. Than war broke in between them. The monsters lost and were seal in the underground behind...