Heart's Content

By stydia_is_inevitable

This is a teen wolf fanfic A month after season 3B events, Stiles wants to find a way to be happy again. Mali... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 16

296 10 1
By stydia_is_inevitable

Stiles' POV-

Stiles-"We can't do this." It was 3:30 pm and everyone planned to meet up at Scott's house before the attack.

Scott-"Lydia, are you sure?" Everyone glanced over at Lydia who sat at the kitchen table with her head in her hands. She looked up. I began to worry about her. She looked terrified.

Lydia-"I-I don't know. It's just like all of the other times. I have a feeling, but this one is different. Usually I'm able to tell who it is.....but this time I can't. I'm trying.....I'm trying." I crossed the room and knelt down beside her. I took her hand in mine.

Stiles-"Lydia look at me." She looked deep into my eyes.

Stiles-"It's okay. Everything's going to be okay." She leaned forward and kissed me on the forehead.

Scott-"Whoa. When did this happen?" Lydia laughed a little and rested her forehead on mine.

Lydia-"You didn't tell him?" She whispered.

Stiles-"Not yet....sorry." She laughed again. Then she looked to the rest of the group. Their confusion was pretty entertaining.

Lydia-"Since yesterday."

Peter-"What did you do to my daughter, Stiles?" Like he really cares.

Lydia-"More like what did she do to him."

Peter-"What do you mean?"

Lydia-"You're daughter cheated on him. She hasn't been a human for five months and she already cheated on someone." She said it pretty harshly but I didn't care. I rested my head on her lap, still feeling the pain from two days ago. She ran her hand through my hair.

Malia-"What did I miss?" Nobody noticed that Malia had walked into the kitchen. My head shot up when I heard her voice. Pain rushed through my body. Her glare rested on Lydia and I. She looked hurt.

Peter-"Oh nothing, but I guess you and I have to have a father-daughter talk soon."

Malia-"Can we not talk about that now. We have to focus on Jennifer." Her glance never moved from us.

Kira-"She's right we should get back to the attack." Everyone began to throw ideas and thoughts out, but I remained with Lydia.

Stiles-"Anything?" We were holding hands, I gripped hers tightly. She looked down and slowly shook her head no. This time I kissed her on her forehead. But it wasn't a quick kiss, I made it long on purpose. Cause I knew Malia was still watching us. I wanted her to feel the pain of seeing someone you love with someone else. Or someone you loved.

Scott-"Okay so let's go over this one more time. Stiles, Lydia you guys might want to listen in." We stood up and hand in hand walked over to the rest of the group.

Scott-"Okay. We get to the bank at 6:00, all of us hide each with some kind of weapon. Sheriff." He looked over to my dad.

Scott-"You still want to do this?" He nodded.

Scott-"Alright, he'll stand in the vault and we'll wait for Jennifer to come. And before she can do anything we attack all at once. She won't have a chance. And nobody will get hurt. Nobody will die." Scott looked to Lydia and gave a reassuring nod. She responded with her own nod. Then we made eye contact and I gave her a warm smile.

Lydia's POV- Everyone decided to hang around Scott's until we had to leave. Stiles and I made our way outside in Scott's backyard. There was an old swing set, looking as if it would fall over if a leaf fell on it. But when Stiles took a seat on one of the swings I did the same. We held hands and slowly swung back and forth. He held his phone in his free hand. I leaned over and swiped it from him.

Stiles-"What are you doing?" He asked with a smile.

Lydia-"Checking the time. This wait is killing me." It was 4:57, almost an hour left. Then my focus went to his background, and I smiled. It was a picture of him and Scott in their lacrosse gear.

Lydia-"I've always thought you looked adorable in your uniform."

Stiles-"Really? Cause most people think it's a joke when they see me in it."

Lydia-"Oh come on. You're not that bad." He looked at me with a big, goofy smile. I burst out laughing.

Stiles-"See you can't even say it with a straight face!" He laughed too. Hearing him laugh, knowing that he's happy, makes me happy too. I looked at his picture once more, and a question popped into my head.

Lydia-"Why 24?" He looked at me.

Stiles-"Huh?"

Lydia-"You're jersey number. Why 24?" I was curious. He sighed, which made me a little worried.

Stiles-"Two reasons. You might not believe me, but the first time I saw you......it was september 24th........I made that my lucky number ever since." He blushed a little, and that's how I knew he was telling the truth.

Lydia-"You remember the first day you fell in love with me?"

Stiles-"Of course I do, it was one of the best days of my life." I felt my face burn red. He was quite the charmer, and I was ashamed I hadn't realized this sooner.

Lydia-"And the other reason?" He hesitated, but continued.

Stiles-"My mom." It felt like someone punched me in the gut. Whenever he talked about his mom, he looked so hurt. It killed me.

Lydia-"Was it her birthday?"

Stiles-"No. It's kind of depressing...."

Lydia-"You can tell me."

Stiles-"Okay...well you know she died of dementia. She slowly lost her mind, I guess you could say. And her memory went with it. May 24th......was the first day she forgot who I was.....I walked in after school to visit her. A few days before we were talking about a test I was worried about. That day I had gotten the grade back and I did better then I thought I would. So I was really excited to show her and have her be proud of me. But when I walked in and showed her........she freaked out. She said she had no clue who I was......" Tears fell from my eyes. I never knew how broken he was. He was always the one listening to people, always the strong one. He was always smiling. But I guess some smiles are like masks. You can never really see what's behind them. He continued, his own tears falling from his eyes.

Stiles-"That was prob-was the worst day of my life. The day she died was horrible too, but when someone you love and someone who you thought would be there with you you're entire life.....when they forget who you are......it's traumatizing. It's heart-breaking. So from that day I just used 24 as kind of my motivation. To make her proud of me.......even if she doesn't remember who I am." My heart was filled with pain. I wonder when the last time he told someone this was. I wonder if he's even told anyone this at all.

Lydia-"I'm sure.....no I'm positive shes looking down on you right now. And she's saying.......look at how grown-up my boy is. Look at how smart, caring, and considerate he is. Look at what a man he's become. I am so proud of him, and I wish I could be there with him every step of the way." His tear-stained eyes looked into mine.

Stiles-"You think so?"

Lydia-"Of course I do. And even though you can't see her, she's always with you in your heart." I placed my hand on his chest, where his heart would be. I felt it beat slowly, then it began to pick up speed. Just a little though. It's simple, but that made me know he loves me. It was like his heart skipped a beat by my touch. We looked deep into each other's eyes. I fall in love with him over again every time I look into those eyes. His big, beautiful brown eyes....full of compassion and love. But also full of pain. At that moment I made it my job to take away his pain. To make sure he is happy. And that nothing ever hurts him again. And I know by the way he is looking at me, he just made that same promise. I looked to his lips....wanting to kiss them more and more each second. I couldn't bare it no longer, I pulled his face to mine and our lips connected. I can't believe how long it took me to realize how alike we are. How meant for each other we are. I belong with him. He belongs with me. And nothing......nothing is going to get in the way of our love. We were still kissing when I felt a great force push me off of the swing and into the bush right behind it.

Stiles-"Lydia!" I heard Stiles yell. I pushed up so I could see who had just done that......even though I already had a hunch. Malia stood breathing heavily staring at me. Then turned to Stiles.

Malia-"So we break up not even for a week and you're already with someone else?"

Stiles-"Oh really? We weren't even dating a week and you were with someone else! How does it feel?" She looked furious, even though what Stiles had said was the truth. And an excellent come back if I do say so myself. I was too focused on my thoughts that I wasn't paying attention to Malia anymore. Then I heard a cry of pain. She had just punched Stiles right in the face. That was it. I sprung up and ran to her. I used all my force and pushed her to the ground. I was about to turn to help Stiles until I felt a hand grab my ankle. And before I knew it I was on the ground and we were in a full out fight.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

252K 5.6K 32
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
164K 7.4K 59
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛...
2M 105K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
740K 29K 41
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...