Chapter 23

Stiles' POV-
I was full of rage. Breathing so heavily I thought my lungs would burst soon. I couldn't control myself any longer. I stood up from where I was sitting for what seemed like an hour and started screaming. I turned and punched the wall behind me. It hurt my hand but I kept going. Slamming my fist into the brick wall, trying to numb the pain I felt.
Scott-"Stiles! Where are you?" I heard Scott yell from behind me. But I didn't slow. I kept punching the wall, screaming my head off. Until I felt someone grab me. It was Scott obviously. I tried to escape his hold but I was no match for his strength.
Scott-"Stiles, please stop!" Scott yelled as he tried to calm me. I started to slow down, tears falling down my cheeks again. And when I finally stopped I sank to the ground onto my knees. Scott sank down with me and held me tightly. I looked at the hand I was using to punch the walls. My knuckles were all torn up, blood trickling down my fingers.
Stiles-"He's.......he's gone. They're both gone...." I barely got out.
Scott-"Shhhhhhhh......it's gonna be alright. Slow your breathing."
Stiles-"I can't. I can't."
Scott-"Yes you can. You're strong." I looked to him and saw tears were falling from his own eyes. I noticed that everyone had found where we were and now were gathered around us. Then I looked back to Scott.
Scott-"You're not alone." I felt myself calm a little at his response. I thought I was completely alone, but in reality I wasn't. I just couldn't come to that realization yet. My breathing finally slowed, but I broke down in tears once again. He pulled me into a hug. Everybody stayed silent, except for slight sobs. I felt someone rest their hand on my back and then kiss my cheek. I knew it was Lydia.
Lydia-"I'm sorry." I turned, releasing myself from Scott's hug.
Stiles-"How come you didn't know?" I didn't know what I was saying.
Lydia-"I don't know. I really don't know. You know I was trying my best."
Stiles-"It wasn't good enough, Lydia. My dad is dead. If you would have tried your best he would still be alive."
"Stiles stop!" I said in my head but I couldn't stop. I knew what I was saying wasn't actually what I felt, but I was so filled with rage and pain.
Lydia-"Stiles, I'm sorry, I tried. I just couldn't do it."
Stiles-"I can't believe this right now." I stood up and walked a few inches towards the exit.
Lydia-"Where are you going?"
Stiles-"Lydia, my father just died. And you're acting like it was a simple mistake! You're acting like this can be fixed! It can't! He's dead! I have no one left! Both of them are dead! And if you don't mind I would like to be left alone to grieve! Cause obviously you couldn't care less!"
Lydia-"But what about his body?"
Stiles-"You really think I want to watch someone take him away?" I was screaming now. Inside I knew I shouldn't be yelling at her, but I couldn't stop.
Stiles-"I already watched both of them die. I already watched one of them be taken away to be put in the ground somewhere! I'm not gonna watch another." I started to walk closer to the exit.
Derek-"Stiles, I don't think you should be alone right now. Jennifer is still out there."
Stiles-"Well you can catch her without me. I'm done with all of this." Scott walked up to me and put his hand on my shoulder.
Scott-"Stiles just please let me come with you." I looked to him.
Stiles-"Okay." I whispered.
Scott-"Mom, please stay here until the ambulance comes." She nodded, I could tell that she was still crying.
Stiles-"May I ask what you are going to tell them?"
Chris-"Someone was trespassing, he tried to stop them but someone had a knife." I let my head drop. I had to leave or I would break down again.
Stiles-"Can we please go."
Scott-"Come on."
Before I walked out, I looked back at Lydia. But she didn't look at me. She was sitting against a wall, with her head in her hands. I had a strong urge to go back and comfort her. But I couldn't do that right now. I had to leave this place. I turned forward and walked out just as more tears began to fall.