Liars And Thieves

By ashhhirwin

"๐Œ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ, ๐ˆ ๐๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐ฆ๐ž๐š๐ง ๐ญ๐จ ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ง๐ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ž ๐š๐ข๐ง'๐ญ ๐ง๐จ ๐›๐ž๐ญ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ง ๐ญ... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Author's Note

Chapter 58

381 14 9
By ashhhirwin

Around midday the following day, Micah walks back into the house except this time he wasn't alone. Grace stared at the two men she had never seen before walk in behind him, one was thin and tall and the other was more bulky. 

"Good to see you remembered me," Grace hissed as Micah walked into the room. Micah chuckled, sitting down at the table immediately, his two friends accompanied him by standing by his side. They both peered down at Grace. 

"I only remembered you because of our situation," Micah reminded. She knew that was true, Micah always put himself first before others. Micah motioned to the two men, "Meet Cleet," he announced first, motioning to the skinny tall man. "-and Joe. We rode together once and now they're here."

"So what, Dutch is just accepting anyone into the gang now?" Grace spat in disgust. She knew if they were friends of Micah, they were bad news. No one would ever be Micah's friend unless you're just as horrible as him. 

"Well, no," Micah began. "I'm introducing him to them today, figured he can't turn them down since they would already be there." He got up, turning to one of the shelves in the kitchen and grabbing a flask. "Since me and Dutch are pretty close now, he'll probably let them stay anyway," he continued before taking a drink from the flask. He screwed the cap back on, stretching it out for Grace to take. Grace's hands immediately reached up as far as she could, he thirst was terrible. Surprisingly, Micah didn't reef it away from her, instead he allowed her to have a drink. Grace quickly unscrewed the cap and took a drink, her dehydration taking over her as she felt she had almost drunk the whole flask. The water comforted her, the only comfort she had since Micah and the Pinkertons surprised her. "They're going to act as if they're helping with Dutch's big plan but really they're my body guards."

"Body guards?" Grace repeated as she threw the now empty flask away, Micah scolding at her before pushing Cleet to grab it off of the ground. "Mr. Twig arms and Mr. Act tough don't seem very intimidating," Grace muttered as she observed the two strangers. Joe frowned in anger at her. Grace watched Cleet in the corner of her eye, watching him carefully. She watched him bend down to grab the empty flask and she quickly kicked him hard in the knee, forcing him to fall down in pain. He yelped out in pain and before Micah could act, she managed to get the chain holding her cuffs together over his neck, threatening to choke him. Micah eased off, immediately telling Joe to remove his hand that was hovering for his gun. Cleet squirmed as he attempted to free himself but he failed as Grace held him closer to her, sinking the chain deeper onto his neck. "You're going to let me go or I'll strangle this idiot to death," Grace threatened. Micah shook his head at her, assuming she was joking. To show she wasn't she began to choke him with the chain, causing him to gurgle. 

"Micah, do something!" Joe hissed at him, staring at Grace in horror. He probably didn't think someone like her could be capable of doing something like that. She felt Cleet's hands wrap around her wrists as she continued to strangle him. 

"Grace, don't do this," Micah warned, holding a hand up to calm her. Her grip tightened causing Cleet to look at Micah and Joe with wide eyes. "If you kill him, you'll never leave." Grace stared at Micah, she knew he was right. She had to obey him if she wanted to get out of here alive, if that was even going to happen. She sighed with regret as she lifted her hands away from the man's neck, kicking him away from her. He immediately crawled over to Micah and Joe. "Get up you fool!" Micah hissed at Cleet, grabbing his arm and pulling him to his feet. Cleet wobbled on his feet as he held his neck, gasping as he engulfed air. 

"These fools won't protect you," Grace hissed at Micah, grabbing his attention from his idiot friend and on to her. "If I can take them on while chained up, anyone can."

"You caught him off guard," Micah defended which Cleet nodded in agreement. 

"And so will Arthur when he finds out what you're up to," Grace threatened. Micah grinned slyly, she knew she caught him there but he tried his best to hide it. He took a step closer to her. "He won't be the only one, one by one everyone will catch on, even Dutch. You ain't sly Micah, you're a rat."

Grace was met by Micah's boot connecting with her jaw, causing her to fall sideways onto the ground. She grunted with pain before she felt him spit down on her, making her cringe in disgust. She stayed down, knowing that if she went to sit up he would only attack her again.

"As far as I know, Arthur don't give a shit that you're gone," Micah hissed down at her. She ignored him, she knew he was trying to work her up. She stayed quiet before she watched Micah signal the men to follow him out. Joe followed behind Micah, Cleet staring down at her before following his friends. Once she heard the door shut behind them, she sat up and held her jaw with one of her hands. Her jaw pulsed with pain, it wasn't broken but it would bruise for sure. She knew Micah wasn't playing around anymore and from now on he was going to start destroying everything in his path, including her. 

-

Arthur sat at the scout campfire when movement caught his eye from the camp. He saw Micah walking towards Dutch's tent followed with men he had never seen before. Arthur's instincts immediately shot for his gun on his hip as he began to march over to see what this was all about. As he walked into the camp, he saw Bill, Charles, Javier and John immediately following, also noticing the new comers. 

"Dutch, I want you to meet some old friends of mine," Micah called out from outside of the leader's tent. The tent ruffled as Dutch appeared, frowning at Micah as he looked at the two people.

"Who are they?" Dutch asked, looking back at Micah. Charles and John stepped beside Arthur, keeping back as they watched.

"Cleet and Joe," Micah introduced. "We rode together a long time back, we ran into each other and we need guns, Dutch. These two can provide that," The man explained, Cleet and Joe nodding.

"Okay," Dutch agreed without taking time to consider. Arthur immediately felt his blood boil at Dutch's decision.

"Dutch!" Arthur shouted out as he made his way over. Charles and John followed, not intending to speak up however as they stayed further back, giving them all space. "Just like that? What happened to you, Dutch?" Arthur began, shaking his head in disbelief.

"Micah is right, we need guns for my plan," Dutch explained, agreeing with Micah. He gave Micah a quick glance before Arthur spoke up again.

"What's the plan Dutch? Because Tahiti isn't going to cut it for the shit we're in." Dutch took a step closer to Arthur, raising a finger as he spoke.

"The plan is we get money, make a lot of noise to distract the law and rob the train. Faith Arthur," Dutch's voice began to raise before he calmed himself down. "You need to have faith, son."

"You know Hosea wouldn't agree with you letting these two creeps in just like that," Arthur hissed, his words hitting a sensitive spot in Dutch's heart. Dutch stopped, staring at Arthur as if he just saw Hosea die again in front of him.

"Don't you... don't," He stuttered before turning away from the group and heading back to his tent, closing the flaps behind him to show he doesn't want anyone disturbing him.

"Nice one, cowpoke," Micah spat at him. Micah went to turn away from Arthur when Arthur placed a heavy hand on the man's shoulder, forcing him to stop. Cleet and Joe immediately tensed up which Arthur picked up on, beginning to question their sudden reaction. 

"I see straight through you," Arthur hissed at him. Micah chuckled, looking at Cleet and Joe before back at Arthur. "I ain't joking with you."

"Get your damn hand off of me," Micah ordered with a low grumble. Arthur shook his head, squeezing the man's shoulder tightly as he fought the urge to punch him in the face before he finally released him, shoving him away. 

"Why don't you three go gossip at the table?" Arthur joked at him, pointing towards the table Micah was usually found at and yelling at the other gang members. Micah gave Arthur a cold look before turning away, Cleet and Joe close behind him like lost puppies. 

"What the hell was that, Morgan?" Bill demanded, stomping up to Arthur's side. Javier hovered behind him, keeping an eye on Bill. 

"He's a goddamn fool, how can you not see it?" Arthur pointed towards Micah and his minions. Bill shook his head like Arthur was talking crazy.

"You've gone soft," Bill muttered before marching off. Javier watched as Bill marched away, grabbing his gun for guard duty on the way out. 

"And what about you?" Arthur questioned Javier, taking a step to him to approach the man. Javier's attention turned to Arthur. "Where do you stand in all of this."

"I ain't so sure," Javier answered, his voice stern. 

"What's that suppose to mean?" Arthur asked, finding his answer not acceptable.

"It means whatever you want it to mean," Javier answered before giving him a final look before walking away. Arthur watched as Charles said something to John before John walked away, returning to his family. Charles joined Arthur and the two immediately began to walk away together, heading towards Pearson's wagon. 

"Bill seems pretty shaken up over this whole thing. He's had a go at John and I already," Charles informed. 

"Bill's a fool for not seeing Micah for what he is," Arthur sighed, shaking his head. "And sounds like to me Javier isn't sure on who to believe."

"Meaning we could still get to him," Charles insisted. Arthur nodded.

"Maybe but if we push too hard on him he might snap," Arthur agreed which Charles nodded in understanding. "Grace isn't back yet so I'm suspecting Micah or the Pinkertons have something to do with it."

"Okay. I'll keep an ear out and let you know if I hear anything," Charles promised once again before he parted away from Arthur. Arthur was immediately met by Abigail as she marched over to him, her face covered with worry.

"Who those two creepy fellers over with Micah?" She immediately asked. She quickly looked back at Jack who was sitting outside of the Marston's tent with John, the boy watched the three men with fear.

"Two guns he knows," Arthur grunted, giving the three men who have already made themselves at home at the rectangular table. 

"What the hell they doing here?" Abigail questioned, confused to why they were here. Arthur wish he understood why exactly they were here too but he didn't. 

"I have no idea," he answered honestly. Abigail sighed as she squeezed her eyes shut, taking a deep breath before speaking again.

"Arthur, I'm real scared, this..." Abigail paused as a lump built up in her throat before she quickly calmed herself down. "This ain't good."

"You're gonna be okay, but be ready. Just... be ready," Arthur ensured her, giving her some sort of relief to the situation. Abigail nodded at him.

"I understand," She stated before turning away and heading back to her son. Arthur stood there where Abigail had left him, pondering about Cleet and Joe. He was curious to why they were actually here, the gang didn't need extra guns, they managed to fight fine at Lakay. Everyone here was already a good gun, two extras wouldn't have mattered. 

Maybe it's time to confront him.

-

Later that night Arthur had discussed with Charles, John and Sadie whether he should confront Arthur or not. They all agreed he should. Arthur made a plan that he would get Micah away from Cleet and Joe, take him down in the cave since no one goes in there and get answers out of him. He has asked for Charles, John and Sadie to be close by, perhaps looking like nothing is wrong by being by the scout or main campfire. The idea was a good one, perhaps better than Dutch's plans had been lately.
Arthur had waited and waited until Cleet and Joe finally turned in for the night. Micah however, never slept so Arthur knew this was going to be perfect. He nodded to the three of them before getting up from the main fire and heading over to the table.

"We need to talk," Arthur interrupted Micah from his thinking. Micah gave him a small nod, motioning to the chair across from him. Arthur shook his head at him. "No. In private," he ordered. Micah hesitated for a moment before getting out of his seat.

"Lead the way, cowpoke," he joked as he curtsied. Arthur ignored his humour, marching past him and down towards the cave. Micah surprisingly followed without getting Cleet and Joe up. The two of them moved down to the left section where there was a clearing where the moonlight seeped through a hole in the old cave. Without warning, Arthur immediately spun around and grabbed Micah by the collar, throwing him onto the ground. Micah grunted as his back connected with the ground, wincing in pain. 

"I know what you're doing," Arthur hissed through gritted teeth before tightening his grip. "I know everything."

"She told you, didn't she?" Micah spat in disgust. Arthur nodded and Micah's face immediately screwed up in fury. Arthur lifted him off of the ground slightly and slammed him back down, hating the look Micah gave at the thought of Grace.

"You shot a woman you sick bastard!" Arthur growled in disgust. Dutch would be disappointed to hear Micah was the one who shot Grace, not an O'Driscoll. Micah chuckled, taking Arthur's words as a joke.

"She ain't nowhere near a woman, she's a goddamn bitch," Micah spat once again, causing Arthur to pound a fist into his face. Micah chuckled more, he was crazy. "Bashing me ain't going to help the situation."

"It'll sure as shit send a message to Dutch," Arthur hissed, inching his face closer to Micah. "Where is she? What have you done, you maggot."

"I don't know what you're talking about," Micah answered through gritted teeth. Arthur didn't hold back as he punched the man in the face before shaking him slightly to get his attention back on him as the hit affected Micah.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about, now answer the damn question!" He ordered, not tolerating Micah's bullshit. Micah stayed quiet so Arthur punched the man again, this time the man fell back limply for a few seconds before waking up again. "I'll kill you and find her myself if I have to."

"You ain't gon' find her," Micah chuckled harshly. "I don't know where she is."

"You're full of shit!" Arthur stated before punching him again, drawing blood from Micah's nose. The man hid his pain well, not wanting to show himself as weak as Micah would call it. "I'll happily tell Dutch about you ratting, he'll believe me because he knows I don't punch anyone without reason."

"Dutch already thinks your losing it," Micah warned. "That'll just make him realise he is right."

"It ain't me losing it, it's you both!" Arthur snapped, bringing up a fist again which Micah covered his face with his hands. Arthur held his fist up, chuckling at the squeamish man. "You got an answer for me?"

"Let me think..." Micah grunted as the pain began to kick in. Arthur was about to draw his fist back into the man's face when he was met by Micah smashing the side of his head with a rock. Arthur fell down, groaning in pain as his head immediately pulsed with pain before Micah climbed on top of him, punching him repeatedly in the face. "You think you can stop me?" Micah laughed before Arthur managed to bring his hands up and block a punch before bringing his legs up and kicking the man off of him. Just as the two of them were about to leap at each other a gunshot fired, the sound bouncing off of the walls in the cave.

"ENOUGH!" Dutch's voice boomed from the top of the cave. The two bloodied men turned around to see Dutch standing with Cleet, Joe, Charles, John and Sadie. Micah chuckled, shoving Arthur's shoulder with a hand roughly before Arthur began to march out of the cave, pushing past Dutch. "What the hell was that about?" Dutch demanded.

"Just a misunderstanding," Micah answered as he joined Dutch. Arthur shook his head in frustration before the group around the cave broke off, Charles, John and Sadie following him to question him.

"Did he say anything?" John asked, quickly catching up to Arthur. Arthur shook his head.

"He played dumb. He said we'll never find her so I suspect she is nowhere near here or..." Arthur paused as he hesitated to say the word. "Dead."

"She's strong, she can handle Micah," Sadie comforted. Arthur nodded, trying to remain positive as he approached the water barrel by Pearson's wagon, dumping his fists into the water first as he tried to cool and clean out his wounds. 

"I... I know but if we don't act quick he will do something if he hasn't already," Arthur informed which got a nod from everyone with him. 

"I'll go check out Saint Denis tomorrow, see if I hear anything about any lynchings coming up, it could be her," Sadie planned. 

"Good idea, I'll ride around tomorrow and see if I can pick up any fresh tracks, they'll most likely be Micah's," Charles explained. 

"John and I will stay here to watch him and his creeps," Arthur nodded to John which John gave a single nod in agreement. "Micah knows I know and he knows that there are others that know, it's now just a matter of time."

"Hopefully a few days is all we'll need," John stated, attempting to bring Arthur's confidence with the situation back up. 

"It's all we'll need," Sadie corrected. She was determined to find her friend, Grace has done a lot for her these past weeks with helping her take care of the gang while the others were M.I.A. Arthur took his fists out of the water, shaking them before cupping his hands together and scooping up water and splashing his face before releasing a sigh.

"Okay, let's make it work," Arthur shook his hands after splashing his face, drying his hands. Everyone nodded before splitting, not saying another word. John returned back to his tent to see Abigail standing outside of the tent, her arms folded. She probably heard Dutch shout. Charles went and grabbed his gun before heading up the path the led into camp to do guard duty and Sadie headed towards the fire to grab some coffee. Arthur on the other hand headed for his tent and grabbed his journal, he needed to clear his head. 

AN: The next few chapters will be the final chapters, I'm not sure how many chapters there will be but the book is coming to an end. It's going to get crazy!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.2K 765 52
The van der Linde gang has taken shelter deep in the snowy mountains in an old mining camp known as Colter, following their botched robbery in the to...
3.5K 267 32
[A Slow Burn Arthur Morgan x OC Story] ~ By 1897, Joyce Robbins is a petty criminal in her late 20s due to a series of unfortunate events - the comm...
499 57 19
๐—–๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜๐˜๐—ฒ is a strong woman who's not afraid of death. She's been taught how to fight properly and doesn't hesitate to protect those who she...
20.1K 644 32
"We do more than hunting... We're hunted" "If we have to fight, we fight. If we have to run, we'll run If we must die, we'll die, But... We'll stay f...