I Love Yoo, Maybe

By LostPreMed

This story picks up where the original "I love Yoo" left off from Episode 89. Caught between Yeong-Gi and Ko... More

Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110 + 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
BONUS: Chapter 129
Chapter 130: Between Crosshairs (Part 1)
Chapter 131: Between Crosshairs (Part 2)
Chapter 132: Between Crosshairs (part 3)
Chapter 133: Fault (Part 1, Alyssa)
Finale: Fault (Part 2, Alyssa)

Chapter 119 + 120:

853 20 8
By LostPreMed

~~AUTHOR'S SPECIAL NOTE: Chapter 119 will be longer than most (since it contains mostly backstory) so this will be the only chapter for this week. Enjoy!~~

**Yeong-gi's Memory continued**

With her gaze still lowered, silence remained.

That night on the hospital's balcony, I wanted to reach out to her, hold her, comfort her, and let her know that she can unburden herself with me. But I don't. And not just because of Kousuke's demand of me. I curled my fingers into my hand to stop me from reaching out. Shin-ae needs what my Mam did for me. So, I turned away from her and covered my face.

Luckily, Mam raised me knowing the difference between Korean culture and Irish culture. She knew my struggle and could tell when I would bottle things in. With a smile, she'd turn away from me, cover her face and tell me, "Go ahead, boyo. I'll nae look at ya. Ya have me word." And I would finally release what I held inside.

Knowing Shin-ae needed the same outlet, I gently called out again. "Shin-ae. Go ahead. Let it all out. I won't look. You have my word." Only...

...My hands fell away from my face when I felt her. Between my shoulder blades, I felt the weight of her rested forehead. At my sides, I felt her clutching my coat with a fierce grip. 

I didn't expect that.

**PRESENT DAY**

YEONG-GI:

"Nol!" Kousuke's annoying voice brings me back to the present. "Did you a hear a word I said?" older brother demanded.

I nod.

"Well then...? Who is Ms. Yoo to you?" he asks while crossing his arms. Tch, looking so high and mighty in his chair. So, I decided to have a little fun with him and answer his question with one of my own.

"I could ask the same to you, brother. I mean, first there was holding her hand when the three of us ate together, then there was you staying in her hospital room. Now, why would the high and mighty Kousuke-"

Kousake quickly stands and slams his palms on his desk. "Enough!" he interrupts. "Tch, it's clear you are deflecting and refusing to answer my simple question. Now I am not merely asking as your older brother, but demanding an answer as your boss. Do not forget your promise to me, little brother."

"Hm," I grunt. How could I forget with you reminding me every so often? "Shin-ae is just a friend. I would never cheat on Alyssa or any girl I'm in a relationship with."

This seems to relax Kousuke, as his stiff shoulders seem less stiffy.

Huh, how about that.

"Alright then," older brother replies. "Thank you for bringing your concerns regarding Sang-chul to me. I will take care of it. Now, if you don't mind." He sits back down and picks up the files from his desk. "I have work to do and so do you."

"But what are you going to-"

"I said I'll handle it, Nol. If that is all, see yourself back to your desk and await further instruction. Sang-chul will harm no one. I'll see to it myself."

I guess I'm dismissed then. Again. Typical Kousuke.

And yet...as I walk back to desk, his question echoes in my mind.

Who is Ms. Yoo to you?

And that's the damnest thing, isn't it?  Because, maybe in another life, I think she could've been more. 

**Yeong-gi's Memory of that night at the hospital**

Between my shoulder blades, I felt the weight of Shin-ae's rested forehead. At my sides, I felt her clutching my coat with a fierce grip. I didn't expect that.

I cautiously asked, "Shin-ae...?"

"Yeong-gi..." her voice sounded small and tired. "Can we...can we forget everything that happened just now? I'm sorry for all this..."

I resisted the urge to turn around, but I told her, "You shouldn't apologize, Shin-ae. You needed to let it all out. And don't worry. I won't ever speak of what happened if that's what you wish."

"Thank you," she replied with choked emotion.

"It's freezing out, don't you think?" I asked her. "Then again, it's November. Winter is coming around the corner." I need her back inside. It's too cold outside and she still needs to recover. Besides, I have some things to consider. And...I need to start putting distance between us. She'll be better off that way. "You should probably head back inside to warm up," I told her.

"Good idea..." she agreed, sounding a little steadier. She released her grip at my sides. And still, I forced myself to not face her. "Yeong-gi?" she called. "You're not coming inside with me?" I can't. If I did, I wouldn't have the strength to do what needs to be done.

"No," I told her. "You go ahead without me. I'll stick around out here."

"How come?" she asked with such concern.

So, I tell her a partial truth. "I just want to relax a little longer. It's tranquil up here and the view is beautiful. Maybe I could get my mind off some things."

A slight pause, as if she didn't believe me. "Do you want me to stay here with you?" she asked.

"It's okay," I told her. "You don't need to keep me company. I'll fare well on my own."

Like I've always done. 

"Are you sure?" her voice started to fill with insecurity. "I didn't make things awkward between us, right?"

I wanted to reassure her, but I needed a different tactic to get her back inside. It's for her own good. "It's not that," I replied. "Kousuke doesn't know you're out here does he?" It might a little low, using her concern for others against her. But I'm not wrong when it comes to my older brother. "I think you should go back to your room before he finds out and freaks."

"How did you know?" Shin-ae asked.

With my gaze kept away from her, I said, "Knowing Kousuke, I don't think he would have let you come out here on your own. Especially after everything that went down."

"Are you sure you want to stay out here on your own? I thought you said you were freezing."  Shin-ae...why are you so stubborn? But by keeping my gaze away from her, she couldn't read me.  And yet, she continued.  "I can lend you my jacket. Just return it to me when you head back in."  

Hm, I guess my tactic in mentioning Kousuke didn't work, because she was still focused on me.

  "Aren't you wearing the same clothes from the party?" she asked. "You'll get sick if your clothes are still damp especially in this weather."

I grin at her strong will and her concern for me. So, I gave her a bit more honesty. "Again, it's okay," I told her. "I'm going home soon. I need to uphold a promise.  Besides, I didn't say I was freezing. I said  IT was freezing."

This, of all things, made her go back inside. Hearing her walk away from me, my fingers stretched open in reflex – as if it wanted to reach out to her against my better judgement. But I didn't. Instead, I grabbed onto the spot where she held onto me.

Holding onto the spot, I closed my eyes. The lights and sounds of the city still engaged with life, while I felt numb. And not just from my damp clothes. I don't know what was Mrs. Hirahara's role in tonight's catastrophe, but one thing has become increasingly clear: the more distance I put between me and Shin-ae – the safer she'll be.

I opened my eyes and made a firm decision. I needed to call Alyssa. And I needed to make another promise.

***PRESENT DAY***

SANG-CHUL

Ugh. That idiot ginger is back. But at least this time, I have the upper hand. That Yoo girl – I don't know what is so special about her, but the Hirahara brothers seem to be invested in her. And the absolute irony in all of this is that I saw her first.

She was an easy target – by herself at the buffet. All I needed was a little distraction and she would've been my entertainment for the evening. But that bastard of a ginger brother got to her first. Following them, I finally saw an opening – her orange juice at the bar.

**Sang-chul's memory of the masquerade – and Shin-ae's first party disaster**

My friend and I waited until that stupid red head left to make our move. While she was on her phone, I bumped my elbow to the back of her head. This should get her attention. And it did.

"Hey! Not even a simple 'Excuse me'?" she asked, annoyed.

Hook line and sinker.

"Oh!" I turned back to her. "Where are my manners! I'm so sorry miss!" I had to keep her attention towards me so my friend could put a little tablet in her drink without getting caught. "How can I make up this blunder to you, miss?"

Obviously charmed and struck by my voice and looks, the girl in the red dress stuttered. "Oh...well...the apology was enough actually..."

I turned the charm up. "Oh no! Please! Let me do something for you! You look lonely. How about a date?"

My brilliance rendered her speechless, "Huh?"

But I just need to give my friend a little more time. I told her, "There's a better bar just a few blocks from here!"

"Umm...no thanks!"

Perfect. I love it when my prey plays hard to get. "C'mon! Let me take you out! You're really cute!"

"I'm fine okay? You don't need to do me any favors!" she exclaimed with her hands raised.

"Don't be like that!" I told her. "Let's have some fun!"

"Please! All I want to do is go home!"

"Even better! I have a car. Let's go to your place!" I got into her space, crowding her. She had no choice but to sit back down.

"I already said no!" Ah, my little prey has some fight in her. Hopefully this means she will make my entertainment more interesting. "Don't you understand what 'no' means???" she said with more attitude – insolent girl.  It would make breaking her that much sweeter.

Still, I don't loose my charm. "Are you sure you don't want to have some fun with me?"

"Yes!" she cried out, bringing her drink to her lips. "I'm sure."

Mmm yes. Drink up, dear. And even better -she wouldn't know who I was with the drug in her system and my jester mask.

That was when HE showed up. "Hey!" he cried, grabbing onto my shoulder and whirling me around. Who does this cad think he is? And he had the nerve to tell me, "You heard the lady! She's not interested."

I was about to tell him off, but then I recognized his hair. I'd now that ginger hair anywhere. My eyes widen as he continued, "So why don't you leave her alone and get out of here. Or I'LL have to take care of you MYSELF!"

I couldn't afford to have Yeong-Gi recognize me so I walked away with a grunted, "Tch."

That self-righteous prick had the gall to tell me, "That's right. Keep walking."

**PRESENT DAY**

SANG-CHUL

But now, I'll have my revenge. The Hirahara brothers, especially that ginger, don't know who they are dealing with.

"And where did you scurry off to?" I ask Yeong-Gi when he returned to his desk.

With a blank face, he replies, "I had to make a quick errand."

And right behind Yeong-Gi's heels, that fat useless oaf Jayce comes in.

"Phew! I'm so glad I got you two! The reporters will be coming here in 5 minutes. The Director will with them, so be on your best behavior. What you say and do will reflect on the company."

WTF! Kousuke isn't suppose to be here! I glare at that prick of a ginger. Run to older brother, did he??   Well, we'll just see about that. 

~~~Author's Special Note part2: ~~~

This is my interpretation of Yeong-Gi's perspective during Quimchee's "I Love Yoo" Episode 64+65 AND Episode 66 (the #72 and #73 upload) as well as Sang-chul's perspective during Episode 5 (#6 upload)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.2K 1.4K 38
Disclaimer: in a couple of chapters, it may be confusing because there were huge gaps in between chapters and when they were written. The book was al...
158 2 7
When lovers Jihoon and Hyunsuk was thrown under a muddy fight of Jihoon's family schemes putting hyunsuk into a dilemma. He can only choose the only...
103K 2.3K 31
This is a sequel from I'm Different (Sasuke X Reader) It's been two years since Sasuke, taking Y/N with him after rescuing her from the bandits. So...
17.9K 313 16
Y/n L/n is Kiyoko's best friend. When Y/n got the news that her family was moving to Miyagi for her parents' new jobs. She is excited to see her best...