Young Justice: Threat level M...

By Oc_Creator_

Raegan Is a 9 year old girl with a vast amount of power and the daughter of two Justice league members. After... More

Announcement
Today is the day
A real mission
Welcome to Happy Harbor
Schooled
Infiltrator
The Shadows
Fate's tower
Unknown power
Back story
Breft
Captain Marvel
Moving
Solo Mission
Homefront
Alpha male
Alpha male P2
Revelation
Revolation
Magic girl
Hunting Red Tornado
False Reality
False Reality Pt. 2
Reality
Aftermath
Forever People
Hey there!
Hey again
Hey for the last time
Halloween fright
Harm
Hey guys😄
Separated
Cleaved together
Coldhearted
Mission to Qurac
Coming soon
Image
Numb
Thanksgiving gift
I'm back!
Birthday blowout
Nearing the End
Out in the open
Important update!!
Hanging up the cape
Done
Raegan artwork!
GO READ!!
Book 2!!!

Drop Zone

855 24 4
By Oc_Creator_

Santa Prisca,

"Drop zone A in 30." M'gann called out as we rode on the bioship.

We were on a covert mission in Santa Prisca checking about a new drug that's been sending out.

Aqualad stood up, pressing the symbol on his suit making his normally red shirt turn black.

"Ready." He said looking at M'gann.

"Putting bio ship in camouflage mode." M'gann said again.

She flew the Bioship close to the water before making a hole in the center of the floor of the Bioship. Aqualad jumped through the hole landing in the water.

"Drop zone B." M'gann said, letting us all know it was our turn to drop at the next location.

M'gann used her powers to create a latch for Robin and Kid Flash so they could grapple down to the ground.

Kf pressed his symbol and his normally yellow attire turned black as well.

"How Cool is this?" He smirked attempting to flirt with M'gann.

"Very impressive ." She smiled. She began to morph her clothes and her skirt turned to a black jumpsuit and dark capes hood.

"Uhh, that's works too." He smiled.

I used my ring to change my appearance into a traditional black lantern body suit. My parents say I shouldn't flaunt the black lantern symbol because their lantern corps doesn't stand for justice.

"Hey supey, not to late to put on the new stealth tech." Wally told him.

"No capes, no tights. No offense." He snarled.

"It totally works for you." M'gann said. "In that you can totally do good work in those clothes." She said panicked.

She totally loves him. Gross.

Once the bio ship was over the drop zone we dropped out of the hole as quietly as possible. Well M'gann and I flew down. But Superboy dropped down making us move out the way before he crushed us.

"Knew I didn't need a line." He smiled.

"And yet creating a seismic event may not have helped us much with the covert!" Robin told him.

"Aqualad, drop B is go." M'gann said over the com link.

"Head for the factory. I'll track your GPS and we'll rendezvous ASAP." He said back.

"Roger that." Robin said setting out his gps to Aqualad.

After that we took off into the woods.

"Did you hear that?" Superboy asked, as he stopped walking.

"Uh, no." Wally said. "Wait, is this a super hearing thing?"

"You do have great ears." M'gann said.

"Okay Rob, now what?"

We turned our attention back to where Robin was standing, only for him to be gone.

"Man I hate it when he does that." Wally said frustrated.

"Superboy, Kid, switch to infer red, see if you're being tracked." Aqualad said over the com link.

"Got a squad of armed bozos incoming." Kid flash said looking through the trees.

"Two squads." Superboy added. "But they'll meet each other before they find us." He told us right before gunfire started making me jump a little making me squeal.

"No super hearing required now." Wally said jokingly.

"Swing wide! Steer clear!" Aqualad yelled through the com link.

"Yea yea, just soon as I find rob." Kid flash said running ahead. He ran right into the cross fire of the two squads. They began shooting at him while he dodged and ran away.

Miss M, Superboy and I sprang into action going to help him. I constructed a cage lifting up three guys. I mustered up as much strength as I could and threw them into another part of the forest.

"What is wrong with you guys?! Remember covert! Why didn't you follow my lead? Vanish into the jungle." Robin said dropping down from a tree taking down two guys.

"That's what you were doing?" Kid flash asked sarcastically as he fought of a guy. "Way to fill us in. We're not mind readers you know. Er, I'm not, anyway."

"You told me I could only read the bad guys minds." Miss M asked confused taking down what we thought was the last guy.

There was one more running until he was stopped by Aqualad.

We tied them up to a tree to interrogate when they wake up.

"I recognize those uniforms. They belong to the cult of the cobra." Robin said.

"I'm m certain Batman would have mentioned that an extremist was running Santa Prisca's venom operation." Aqualad said.

"Agreed. And since there clearly no love lost between the cultus and those goons I'm eating cobra cake in and tossed them out. That's why normal supply lines have been cut off." Robin said proudly.

"We get it." Kid flash said. "Cobra wanted super cultus, radio bats and we'll be home in time for-"

"These cultus aren't on venom. Cobras hoarding the stuff. We don't leave, not until I know why." Robin said.

"Until you know why?" Kid flash annoyed.

"This team needs a leader." Robin told him.

"And it's you? Dude you're a 13 year old kid who ducked out on us without a word." Kid reminded him.

Robin laughed. "And you're a mature 15? You blew our cover first chance you got!"

"You don't even have superpowers!" Kid yelled out.

"Tuhh! Neither does Batman!"

"Tuhh, you're not Batman."

"Guys! Bad guys, tied up. We gotta stay focused on the mission." I said as a deep chuckle came from one of the guys.

"Such clever niños, but you only know half the story." He said looking at us. "Let me show you the rest. Get you into the factory, via my secret entrance."

Megan came up and kneeled down to his level.

"There is a secret entrance, but he's also hiding something." She said going to read his mind again.

"Uh uh uh chica. Bane is not that easy." He smirked.

She tried to go back and read his mind again. "Ugh, He's mentally reciting 'futbol scores' in 'esponol'. This could take a while." She looked back at us.

"It's not complicated, the enemy of my enemy is my friend." He smiled creepily.

We untied him and allowed him to lead us to his secret entrance. He lead us to a cliff that looked over top the factory that was making the Kobra venom.

Robin and Kid flash went and took a look at what was happening outside of the factory.

"Look at all that product. A buy is going down. But if Kobra's not selling to the usual suspects then-" Robin started.

"We need to identify that buyer." Aqualad finished.

"Just what I was thinking." Kid flash said.

"Yea, you're the thinker." Robin said sarcastically as a smile appeared across his face.

"Sarcasm? Really dude? A real leader would focus on getting answers." Wally said.

Bane picked up a boulder and moved it revealing a tunnel. "Answers are this way." He said pointing to down the tunnel.

We all followed behind him.

"So el luchador is our leader." Wally said sarcastically.

Robin elbowed him as we walked down the passage way.

I was walking behind Aqualad as we followed Bane. "You know something K- Aqualad, I think you should be the leader." I told him.

"You truly believe I would be best fit to lead the team?" He smiled.

"Well, yea. You're like a big brother to everyone on the team. And you're positive and mom and dad say you should always be positive." I smiled at him.

He smiled back as we reached the end of the tunnel. Bane pressed some button revealing a door that led to the inside of the factory.

"All clear." Robin said, before running out the open door. We walked out behind him but didn't see him.

"Has that little fool already been caught?" Bane said.

"No, he just does that." Aqualad said annoyed.

"Stay put, ill get our intel and be back before the boy wonder." Kid flash said running off.

"Great chain of command." Bane teased.

The rest of us along with Bane hid behind a couple of crates that were stacked up and looked at the Kobra workers move and stock the supply.

"It's a massive shipment." Aqualad whispered.

"Yea but they're only taking new product off the line. They're not touching this venom." Superboy pointed out.

"Maybe... freshness counts?" M'gann suggested.

"Helicopters coming." Superboy warned us.

"That must be the buyer." Aqualad said. "Miss Martian switch to camouflage mode and get close enough to identify the buyer."

Miss M put her hood over her head and went out to where the buy was happening.

"Sports master! He is the buyer?" Aqualad said out loud.

"Who's sports master?" I asked.

"Let's just say, he's not someone you want to meet little girl." Bane chuckled. I glared at him as he taunted me.

"Aqualad to Red tornado. Do you read?" He said into the com. "Ugh, can't reach the league Robin, or Kid. Com's jammed. We need a plan. Now." He said.

"I have a suggestion." Bane said before jumping over the edge and attacking two guards making one of them set off a round of fire.

Seconds later a huge creature came crashing from out the window onto the balcony we were standing on making it fall onto the ground. While Superboy and Aqualad landed on their feet and landed on my butt. While Superboy went toe to toe with the beast Aqualad handled some of the Kobra guards.

A few more Kobra guards came after me making me hurry to my feet. I blasted some of them. I flew over to some crates and hid where they couldn't see me. Once they were right in front of the crates I knocked the crates down onto the guys. A few more came but it was too many of them shooting. There was nothing else I could do but put up a shield.

"Miss Martian! Radio is jammed link us up!" Aqualad yelled out.

"Everyone online?" I heard M'gann's voice in my head.

"This is so cool!" I said mentally.

"Yea." Superboy said.

"You know it beautiful." Kid said.

"Good we need to regroup." Aqualad said.

"Busy now." Robin said.

"Robin now!" Aqualad yelled out. "Strategic retreat. Kid clear a path."

Kid flash ran into and knocked down a path of guys including the ones that were shooting at me.

I flew off with the others out a door. We ran with the monster and the guards behind us down the same pathway we came in through.

"Superboy, the support beams!" Aqualad yelled.

Superboy punched through the support beams making them fall along with the structure of the cave behind us.

Aqualad lit a glow stick to light up the cave.

"How could my first mission as leader go so wrong." Robin said.

"You do have the most experience, but perhaps that is exactly what has left you unprepared. Fighting alongside Batman your roles are defined. You two do not need to talk. But this team is new. And the leader must be clear. Explicit. He cannot vanish and expect others to play parts in an unknown plan." Aqualad told him.

"Oh so I'm supposed to hold everyone's hands!" Robin groaned a little. "Who am I kidding, you should lead us Kaldur. You're the only one who can."

"Please! I can run circles-"

"Wally come on. You know he's the one. We all do." Robin stopped him.

"Hello Megan! It's so obvious."

"Coulda told ya."

Kaldur looked at me and I gave him a warm smile. He nodded.

"Then I accept the burden. Until you are ready to lift it from my shoulders." He said laying a hand on Robins shoulder. "You were born to lead this team. Maybe not now. But soon. Alright, our first priority is preventing that shipment from leaving this island."

"Funny, I had the same thought." Robin chuckled.

~

"Sports master's the supplier/ buyer but it still doesn't track, he doesn't have the juice to acquire the blockbuster formula or to get Kobra to do his dirty work." Robin said as we headed to the entrance of the cave tunnel.

"And neither of them have the chops to bond blockbuster with venom that took some major nerdage." Kid flash said.

"I believe the expression is, 'tip of the ice berg'." Aqualad said as we reached the end of the tunnel seeing Bane.

"Hault, Niños." He said with a menacing smile on his face. "I'm feeling explosive." He said.

We looked up to see the entrance laced in bombs.

"You betrayed us. Why?"

"I wanted my factory back."

"Kid you'll need a running start." Aqualad said mentally.

"So I forced you into a situation where you would either take down my enemies or die trying, if the ladder, the justice league would certainly have come to avenge their sidekicks. And when the smoke cleared, Santa Prisca would be mine once more. Blowing the tunnel with you inside, should be the same effect." He said going to push the button on the remote. But Kid has already took it from him.

"With what? This trigger thingy?" Kid teased.

He went to punch kid but I grabbed him with an energy construct of a hand compressing him and lifting him up in the air.

"Finally." Superboy said walking up to him. "Drop him." He said. I let go of Bane allowing him to drop down as Superboy punched him.

We went along with the mission as planned. Stopping sports master before he could get on the plane and get away.

While the guys attacked on the ground M'gann and I went for the helicopter to plant one of banes bombs on it.

M'gann was in camouflage mode. We flew to the back of the plane only for M'gann to be attacked by Sports master. He grabbed her as she slipped me the bomb. I planted it right before being grabbed by Sports master as well with him flinging me off the plane and landing on the ground. M'gann helped me up as the copter flew away.

"Did you plant the bomb?" M'gann asked.

I nodded smiling as M'gann pulled out the trigger remote and pressing the button only for the bomb to come falling from the sky. I put up a shield around Megan Superboy and I.

"No!" I yelled. I flew up to the helicopter as fast as I could.

"Raegan no!" M'gann yelled after me as more Kobra guards came and surrounded her with gun fire.

I flew up to the helicopter just keeping up enough to grab on to the landing gear. I blasted a hole in the helicopter setting it on fire. Sports master came and kicked me off the helicopter. I stayed conscious long enough to see it explode. And for Sports master to get away.

~

I groaned getting up. "What happened?" I asked once I noticed I was back on the Bio ship.

"Raegan! You're awake." M'gann said walking over to me.

"You gave us quite a scare back there kid." Robin said.

"We completed the mission Raegan. With no small part from you." Aqualad told me.

"It was pretty flashy for a covert mission. But super cool on the last minute save." Kid flash said.

I smiled. "So we won?" I asked.

"Won? We totally owned those guys!" Kid flash said.

"Super cool." I laughed.

~

"A simple recon mission. Observe and report." Batman said reading us the riot act. And I thought my dad was tough. Batman was tough as nails. "You'll each receive a written evaluation detailing your many mistakes. Until then, good Job." He said shocking us all. "No battle plan survives first contact with the enemy. How you adjust to the unforeseen is how you determine success. And how you choose who leads, determines character."

By far, this has been the best mission.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

166K 5K 63
Percy's parents die (Sorry) and he is left alone to take care of Estelle. Until he turns 18, in three months, he cannot become Estelle's guardian. So...
54.3K 817 28
Six year old (Y/N), has been for some reason trapped in crystals and founded by the Justice League. The League found strong reading from the crystal...
56.6K 1.9K 21
Young Justice Fanfic Amber, a girl with the ability to control fire. She loved the group she was apart of, feeling like the villains were her family...
53.5K 1.4K 20
Young Justice Fanfic Snow, a girl with the ability to control ice. She was the odd one out in the group of villains she belonged in, feeling like eve...