Love Me Now

By arielle_cherise

Follow Kyaih on her journey of love and friendship. Book 1 published of the Love Me series. *COMPLETED* More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
A/N
XXI
Applications
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
NEW BOOK ALERT!!!
More Spin-offs?
A/N

XXVI

3.4K 118 113
By arielle_cherise

Time Skip: 5 months

Houston, Texas
Summer's Residence
November
3:12 p.m.
Kyaih's POV

I am six months pregnant with my baby. Today is the gender reveal/ baby shower. I picked yellow and grey since i wanted something non-traditional and that was the official theme of the baby's room.

I left my mom in charge of the invitation list so she invited Aiden, his family, and his friends. I'm not tripping as long as they stay away from me.

She had me dressed in a white maxi dress, because her, Kai, and Kayden were going to throw paint on me to reveal the gender. Once the outfit dried, i was going to frame it and hang it in the baby's room.

Sighing i rubbed my hand over my stomach and left out my old room. I needed to eat before i fainted somewhere. Walking down the stairs, i smiled at the family that were already here.

I entered the kitchen and got happy when i saw the fruit platter. I took the whole thing and went outside where we were supposed to be but you know Texas weather is bipolar. All this wind and shit gotta go.

The only people who knew the actual gender of the baby was my mama and my granny. They went with me for all my appointments so i wouldn't be experiencing my whole pregnancy alone.

It gets sad experiencing pregnancy milestones by myself, but im a real nigga so i only need God and my mama. I sat at the table they designated for me and started eating the fruit.

"Girl that fruit better be good.", Kai said walking up to me recording.

"It is. If you want some go get it out the kitchen and leave me and my baby alone.", i shrugged. I guess she took over the video idea for Camryn.

"Ma said once the Grant's and the crew arrive we'll start the games.", she said before walking away.

I didn't care what they did as long as i found out the gender of my baby I'm fine. Cause as soon as this is over, I'm loading my car up and I'm going home.

I pulled out my phone and logged onto my student portal to check what assignments needed to be done. So far school hasn't been stressful like i thought it was.

I had two assignments due before next Thursday, so after i got the baby's stuff into my apartment, i was going to start working on them.

"Kyaih!", i heard India say making me sigh. I already knew she was going to tell me to talk to them so i couldn't be disrespectful.

"Hi Mr. and Mrs. Grant. Thank you for coming, you can place the gifts in the living room when you go back in there. If you want anything to eat or drink everything is in the kitchen.", i said as they both hugged me.

"Congratulations girly.", Mr. Grant said before taking the gift and heading inside leaving me and India alone.

"So Aiden told me what happened and you best believe i beat the shit outta him. If he don't wanna be in the baby's life that's him because i know one thing's for sure me and Quin will. I need a grandbaby to spoil and that's exactly what I'm going to do.", she said making me smile.

"Thank you and I'm not worried about him anymore. My baby will be here in four months so I'm going to focus on getting everything ready for the painful arrival.", i said rubbing my stomach. As if on cue baby Z started kicking.

I decided on two names, if it's a girl her name will be Zoriah Amaru Summers and if it's a boy his name will be Zachoriach Hamas Summers. I decided that my baby will have my last name since I'll be playing the role of the mama and daddy.

Closing half eating fruit tray, i pushed it to the side and stood up from the table. I wobbled to the middle of the backyard where there was a microphone for whatever reason.

"If i could have everyone's attention please, can someone go in the house and tell everyone to come out. Uhhh we're about to start the games and then find out what the gender is. For those who are already out here, if you haven't already, the table over there has a ballot box for what you think I'm having. The baby's name will be revealed once we know if its a girl or a boy. Yellow for girl, grey for boy.", i said before walking back to my table.

Feeling eyes on me, i turned to see who it was but nobody was looking at me or my way. I shrugged and sat back in my seat. Today is going to be a long day, but it's going to be worth it.

After we played majority of the games, everyone was in a good mood and anticipating the reveal. I was nervous but content, either way i was going to be happy because its my baby growing inside of me. I don't think anything can top or come before this moment.

"Kyaih come stand by the fence. It's time to reveal my grandbaby.", mama said smiling at me. Kayden and Kai were standing next to her with big kool aid smiles that looked kinda similar to mines like they were hiding something. "So what we are going to do is blindfold big mama and throw the buckets of paint on her."

"I hope y'all putting a bonnet on my hair too, cause if y'all get paint in my hair I'm whopping all y'all asses when i have this baby.", i said making everyone laugh.

"We are. Here child.", my granny said handing a yellow and grey one to me.

"Thank yhuuuu.", i sung putting it on my head. Quin and Dwayne walked out of the house carrying four cans of paint and sat them in front of my mama, Kai, Kayden, and my granny. I aint even know my granny was participating.

Quin walked over to me with a blinfold and placed it over my eyes. "Please talk to him.", he said low enough for me to hear and understand. I nodded my head like i was actually going to speak to him.

Aiden spoke his mind that moment allat shit unfolded so i know where we stand. I'm not going to put myself or my baby in that predicament again so imma keep my distance like i said i was.

At the end of the day, it's his loss. He chose to believe that bullshit so he can deal with it by himself.

"Yaya you ready?", mama's voice rung out. I sniffled and nodded my head yes. "We're going to count down from three okay?" I nodded and put my hands behind my back.

"3! 2! 1!", everybody screamed and then i felt myself being splashed. As soon as the color hit, i heard everyone started screaming.

I felt someone come behind me and start untting the blindfold. I recognized the cologne meaning it was Aiden.

As soon as the blindfold came off i looked down and saw yellow.

"It's a girl! I knew it! I told y'all it was a girl!", i screamed.

I was crying tears of joy and i needed to hug someone so i grabbed the person next me who happened to ne Aiden and hugged him. He tensed up but hugged me back. He was wearing white just like me, while everybody else was wearing either yellow or grey.

"Congratulations.", he mumbled. I nodded and gave him a small smile.

I quickly let go of him and wiped my face. Since my mama had the microphone i grabbed it from her. "Now that we know it's a girl, it's uhh it's time to reveal the baby's name. Her name is Zoriah Amaru Summers. Since I am no longer involved with the father and he doesn't want anything to do with us, i gave her my last name. Her name means strong minded warrior and shining serpent which is why i picked it. My baby is a warrior because a few months ago i almost had a miscarriage due to stress, but she survived. I don't know where i would be or what I'd be doing if i wasn't pregnant with her. Today is for Zoriah Amaru Summers."

After giving my lil speech, i handed the microphone back to my mama and went inside to use the restroom. I looked in the mirror and saw my dress, arms, and legs covered in yellow. Today is one of the happiest days of my life. As if on cue, she started kicking, i guwss she happy too.

"I know mamas. I know.", i sniffled. I was crying tears of joy for the first time in a long time and it actually felt great.

I cleared my throat and wiped my face, before walking out of the restroom. I was hungry and them sliders and wings were calling my name. After i fixed my plate, i went back outside to my table.

"My nigga Yaya.", Dwayne said with a smile on his face.

"Wassup Dwayne?", i said returning the smile.

"It's like that now? Yaya I'm sorry man. Things ain't been the same since you left. I'm sorry I judged you without knowing what happened. I need my sister back and i wanna be apart of my niece life. Can you please forgive me?", he said taking a seat next to me.

"I appreciate you for coming and if you brought a gift, thank you. But i uhhh i already forgave y'all. If i was in the same predicament i woulda did the same thing so it's not hard feelings.", i told him. "I forgive but not forget so you might as well tell Reece and Camryn to come over here too."

He pulled me into a hug and then mushed my head. "Ion like the way you greeted me talm bout some wASsUP dWAynE."

"I do not talk like that. Go do what i said nigga.", i said sticking a fry in my mouth.

"Before i do that, are you and Aiden gon talk?", he said making me glance at him.

"Talk about what? He made his decision that day and don't tell me i coulda did something cause the phone works both ways. I'm not gon force him to do anything he don't wanna do. Why you think her last name is Summers? If i put her name on the birth certificate as Grant, then he's going to feel as if he has to take care of her, but he doesn't so her name will stay as Summers. It's not like he gon actually wanna be here for her when she's born. The only reason he showed up today was because India and Quin forced him to come not because he wanted to so by making her a Grant, they'll force him to be apart of her life and if somebody has to force themselves to be in my daughter's life then ion want them around me or her at all.", i explained.

"I understand. Imma go get the girls.", he said giving me one last look before walking away. I kinda missed talking to Dwayne.

"Kyaih, there's someone waiting in your room to speak with you.", mama said making me sigh.

"Tell Dwayne and them I'll be back.", i said getting up with my food.

"Make the right choice Yaya.", she said kissing my forehead. Nodding my head, i went into the kitchen and got more food cause i know we gon be in there for a while.

Standing in front of my door, i took a deep breath before walking in. Aiden was seated on the edge of my bed with his head in his hands.

"Thank you for coming even though you didn't need to.", i said sitting again the headboard. He turned around and looked at me before standing up.

"Kyaih i need to apologize to you.", he started. I didn't even want him to finish.

"Lemme stop you right quick okay? Look there's no hard feelings between you and I. At first yeah i wanted to beat the fuck outta you, but i got over it because hating you wasn't gon do much. You don't owe me an apology cause at the end of the day you was just protecting yourself. We good? Yeah we are.", i said picking up a wing.

"Kyaih shut the fuck up and listen okay? I apologize for disrespecting you and calling you out yo name. That shit was uncalled for and it was a bitch move. I only said that shit because i was hurt and i thought you were actually lyin to me. It happened before so i believed that it was happening again. I also wanna apologize for putting something that shoulda stayed between us out in front of our friends and my brothers. You ain't deserve none of that shit and if i was the reason you almost lost the baby I'm sorry and i sincerely apologize. Imma be apart of our daughter's life no matter what. I'm not asking for a relationship, but can we co-parent?", he said

"She's part of you too, so if you wanna be in her life I'm not going to stop you.", i sighed.

"What all do you still need?", he asked.

"Ummmmm just diapers and formula. I got plenty enough clothes and I'm sure they got her more clothes.", i shrugged rubbing my stomach.

"Can I touch your stomach?", he asked rubbing the back of his neck.

"Yeah.", i said moving my plate of food. I grabbed his hand and placed it on my stomach.

"Where is she?", he asked looking up at me.

I moved his hand to the bottom left of my stomach. "She's balled up right here. She'll move later tonight when I'm trying to sleep."

As if she knew we were talking about her, she started moving. He let out a shaky breath and then leaned down to kiss my stomach.

"Ummmm let's go downstairs and open her gifts.", i said as he rubbed his hand over my stomach.

"Can i come over and help you get everything in your apartment? I can ask Dwayne, Reece, and Cam to come if you don't want it to just be me and you.", he said opening the door.

"How about tomorrow? I just wanna go take a shower and relax. And just you we uh need to talk about how we gon co-parent by ourselves. We need to set up a schedule because i know you have to go to school and work.", i said as we walked towards the stairs.

"I go to school online and i work on the weekends now so I'm free throughout the entire week.", he said as we walked down the stairs.

"That's fine.", i told him.

Once we got downstairs, my mama gathered everyone in the living room to open the gifts. As predicted, they bought her a lot of clothes and more boxes of diapers which i needed. She got toys, more bottles, pacifiers, stuffed animals, and a couple gift cards.

"Well guys i had a lot of fun today and now I'm tired so me and Zoriah finna go upstairs and take a nice shower and then go to sleep. It's like 9 something so y'all aint gotta go home, but y'all gotta hit the road. Thank you for coming and for her gifts, enjoy the rest of y'all night.", i said before walking away into the kitchen.

Since i was tired and my feet were most likely swollen i decided to just go home in the morning after i ate.

"Imma come back in the morning to help you load everything in your car.", Aiden said watching me put the leftover food up.

"That's fine.", i said before wincing. Zoriah was balling up near my ribcage and it burned.

"Y'all good? What's going on?", he asked placing both hands on my stomach. I moved his hand to where she was laying and kept it there.

"She's balled up right here and it hurts. She only does this at night time.", i told him.

"Kyaih we're leaving sweetheart. Congratulations. We'll have to go shopping sometime this week for you and the baby.", India told me while giving me a hug.

"Thank you and I'm free whenever so just let me know.", i said as we pulled away from each other.

"Goodnight girly.", Quin said giving me a hug.

"Goodnight sir.", i smiled.

"Aiden you better come on before you get left.", India said before walking out the kitchen.

He sighed and then put his hands back on my stomach. "I'll text you before i leave the house. Goodnight.", he said before kissing my stomach and then my forehead.

"Goodnight.", i said as he walked away.

Overall today was a good day. I hope they don't think that we still friends after i forgave them. We are associates now and they gotta work they way up.

Now Aiden, I'm only doing this for Zoriah. She needs a father figure and i want it to be her real dad not some nigga who tryna get some pussy.

Zoriah Amaru Summers will be alright.

Thoughts on this chapter?

Thoughts on the baby's name?

Thoughts on Kyaih?

Thoughts on the baby being a girl?

Thoughts on Aiden?

Thoughts on Dwayne?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

932K 44.5K 45
My Works #1 COMPLETED 19-year-old Honesty Francis Smith and her cousin Asha Smith leave Houston, Texas and goes to New Orleans, Louisiana for the ent...
LessonS. By Fun

General Fiction

46.9K 2K 76
She shows him how to live; He shows her how to love.
Crazed By πŸ’•

Short Story

377K 19.2K 13
Nee & Q's spin-off |throwback| short story. The story behind how they met and things they went through to get to their own Worthy love. Characters fr...
271K 14.2K 42
πš‚πšŽπššπšžπšŽπš• πšπš˜πš› "𝙰𝙢𝙰𝙸𝙽." - Follow Zavon and Jaelyn on their engaged life journey as they most likely settle for fame. **Please read "AGAIN"...