The Power of the Moon

By the-hidden-will

What happens when Uchiha Madara finds out the true purpose of the Infinite Tsukuyomi? Uchiha Madara bumps int... More

CHARACTER SHEET
PART 1
PART 2
PART 3
PART 4
PART 5
PART 6
PART 7
PART 8
PART 10
PART 11
PART 12
PART 13
PART 14
PART 15
PART 16
PART 17
PART 18
PART 19
PART 20
PART 21
PART 22
PART 23
PART 24
PART 25
PART 26
PART 27
PART 28
PART 29
PART 30
PART 31
PART 32
PART 33
PART 34
PART 35
PART 36
PART 37
PART 38
PART 39
PART 40
PART 41
PART 42
PART 43
🍋 PART 44 🍋
PART 45
PART 46
PART 47
PART 48
PART 49
PART 50
PART 51
PART 52
PART 53
PART 54
PART 55
PART 56
PART 57
PART 58
PART 59

PART 9

4.4K 168 69
By the-hidden-will

It was approaching night time as I was walking throughout the pathways in the Uchiha compound, taking in the various aromas of coffee beans, pastries, and sweets. I even greeted a couple of people, though I felt out of place by my obvious Hyuga crest versus the Uchiha fan proudly adorned throughout.
Some people took it offensively, evident by the slight frown on their faces and chatter, but others were not so bothered and in fact were actually happy.

"Ah-hah! I once had a old Hyuga friend, she passed now but she helped me with everything." An old lady, waddling on her crane for support, said through raspy breaths.
"Heh! Did she now? Maybe I can help you with errands any time I drop by here."
"Let's go to that bakery," She pointed, "And get some bread. The lad that makes the bread there has been working there ever since I was about your age, fighting.
A veteran! "Ooh! Does that mean you possess those scary eyes, the sharingan?" I got into a karate pose, dramatizing the conversation. Maybe it would make her seemingly bland life more entertaining. And it did, evident by her hearty laugh.
"Yes! I did." The old lady reached for the back of her pocket for money, patting it profusely.
Byakugan. She had no change.
"Ah! Don't worry, obaa-chan." I placed a hand on her shoulder, and she looked up at me thankfully, "I got you this time. Can I get two of those loafs of bread please?" The man stared at me and the crest on my chest.
"Are you the Hyuga the Uchiha allied with not too long ago?"
I nodded.
"Nice to meet you! It's on the house." He promptly packaged the two pieces of bread.
"O-oh! No! No way. You have a business to run, and it's a warring period. You need it. I insist, take it."
He chucked, rubbing the nape of his neck. He was old and his fingertips had been covered in flour. He must be working really hard.
I tipped him a bow, thanking him, both of us now waving goodbye.

"The Uchiha are so hospitable." I noticed quickly.
"Mmm, we are people motivated by love. That's why." Obaa-chan spoke. I nodded. I thought of Madara and how his two mighty hands had been keeping the clan safe the way it was now. I was in awe. I wasn't able to do that without the help of my family, and even then the Hyuga were sometimes difficult to manage, since resentment was an occasional trait to foster amongst the branch families.

She began to waddle on her feet, looking up at me intently, and analyzing my face. I almost knew where this was going, that look was beginning to get common as I grew older.
"Such a beautiful girl." She complimented me. I itched my head, not sure how to take it. "Heheh, thank you!"
"Mmm, I want to show you something," She reached for her back pocket, pulling out pictures of two brooding men. Jeez, was it an Uchiha thing for all of them to look so intimidating?
"You should wed one of them. Pick. Both of them good, strong, tall men, very handsome too..." She pointed at their faces, as if I couldn't notice that.

I stopped in my tracks. My jaw dropped to the floor.
"H-hey! Obaa-chan! I don't want that! B-besides..."

Why did I think of Madara?

She sighed, "I hoped that they could marry a strong beautiful woman like you, but they are just so busy with fighting for the sake of the clan that they barely have time for such."
"I'm sure they'll find someone!" I nudged her elbow. It was a common antic for elderly women to start scouting for their sons - marriage was seen as one of the greatest blessings.
She sighed, chuckling. "I suppose!"

"Anyways, obaa-chan, your house is right over there." I pointed to it, I knew by the flowers she collected. "I must meet your clan leader, Madara-sama." She keenly eyed me.
"Good luck with that frightening man." She spoke.

Why would Madara's own clans mates be afraid of him? I chuckled, I didn't blame them, remembering his terrifying set of eyes. I get nervous around him too.

--

My heart slightly raced as I was approaching the shrine, and I found him sitting on a ledge sipping on a cup of tea. He was in his yukata, with his hair down, and he had seemed relaxed. An odd site to see.

"Yo." I waved a hand.
"You're late."
"I'm sorry, an Uchiha elder needed help with something." I rubbed the nape of my neck.
He looked up at me and his eyes were a deep black compared to my white ones. He set his cup aside and motioned for me to sit beside him.
I had hesitated just a little, and was going to insist on standing instead. Until he had looked up at me softly. Why was he not like this more?
I sat beside him, my legs now dangling off the ledge, the grass beneath tickling my feet. He seemed much bigger than me, and I felt weird for being so close to him. Madara didn't seem to mind, as he kept sipping on his tea.

"You seem relaxed." I looked at him, and he met my eyes. I was intimidated and it was an understatement. I tried to not show it, but I pacified myself by tucking my hair behind my ear.

"No need to be nervous." He spoke flatly. Of course he would notice. I gulped, as he reached for my wrist and looked at my palm. "Enlighten me. Tell me the truth." He was inspecting it now with his sharingan. I almost laughed, he looked like a child with a new toy.
Except I wasn't one and I had the upper hand here.

"Hmm... well. This weird marking appeared the night I awakened my Byakugan. The same night that you were about to die."
He was intrigued now, evident by the narrowing of his eyes, intensely focused. I became overwhelmed with the flashbacks of that night.
"I don't know how it triggered it, but I had a strange revelation by someone named Otsutsuki..." I scratched my head, trying to remember his first name. "Ah! Hamura."
"Otsutsuki Hamura." Madara repeated. "A descendent of Otsutsuki Kaguya, and he is directly related to your clan."

I nodded, Madara was knowledgeable and keen.
"I see you've done your readings." I teased him.
"Do you know what powers you possess because of that marking?"

A conversation over that marking always dwindled down to that question. In the ninja world, assets related to strengths and skills seemed to be much more of value over one's own character and kindness. I didn't like it, but that's how it came to be.

"It acts as a bridge between the moon and the earth. I'm not entirely sure how to use it."
"You mean to tell me you have not yet tested its powers?" He scoffed.
"No..." I cast my hands down, ashamed. I had been too comfortable in my skills to even consider broadening them.
"We should battle together." He ordered nonchalantly, he swirled his charcoal orbs to red ones.

"Your marking seems to be reacting to the mere presence of my chakra. I hate to admit it, but you've spiked my interest, Ayumi. Amongst other ways too." He admitted, and indeed my palm was pulsing with light now.
I blushed, heat rising to my cheeks, looking up at him with innocent eyes. That was the first time I heard him say my name, and I liked the way it sounded, flat yet stern, a yearning behind his tone. Amongst other ways too? Wait! Why was he..?
He was inching closer to me now, so close to me that I could feel the warmth of his breath on my cheek. I looked at his chest, his yukata had slipped such that part of his scar was showing. I couldn't take it, it was too much! I felt too shy!

"M-madara... you're a bit too-"
"Be quiet." He ordered, his hoarse voice stirred a knot of nervousness in the pit of my stomach. "You have a scar on your neck." His hand had wrapped around my neck, and I took a deep gulp. He had killed people with that hand, suffocated them, and I was entirely at his mercy right now. The anticipation was killing me.

"There." He retracted his hand, offering a part of his chakra to me to heal that scar, "What did you think I was going to do, silly?"
"Either kill me or... maybe an innocent peck on the lips." I crossed my arms, muttering the latter part, looking away sheepishly.

*MADARA'S POV*
An innocent peck on the lips, did she say? I eyed her intently, how she had seemed so innocent and kind yet strong was beyond me. Seriously, how was it possible! It drove me crazy.

"Ayumi." I spoke her name demanding her attention, and her eyes were set on mine once more. I felt a territoriality over her that I could not explain, that tightness in my chest building up again. I placed a hand under her jaw now traveling to the side of her neck, pulling her closer to me, and that deep rose blush was quick to spread across her cheeks. The heat and silkiness of her skin was enticing me to do more. My lips landed on her plump ones, now satisfied that I had made her into the writhing mess that she was. I pulled back, her lips slightly parted.

"M-Madara! O-o-oi!" She shrieked, covering her mouth.
"Hn." I crossed my arms in satisfaction. "Was that not what you wanted?"
"I- I mea-mean..." She played with her fingers innocently, looking at the ground. I half-smiled at the sight of her so flustered by me.
That Hyuga princess had me smitten, and I hated to admit it, but I no longer wanted to deny myself of what was true. Perhaps maybe she is someone that I want to protect.

I looked up at the starry sky.
"There is no use in denying that there is obviously something between us. I have no shame in admitting what is true. Perhaps it was fate that night you met me and now we are conveniently both the leaders of our clans."

*AYUMI'S POV*
Madara spoke matter of factly, I guess it was true, though I was still blushing at his brazen behaviour. I loved that, a man not afraid of confrontation. Madara was not a passive man.

"Maybe so," I leaped onto the grass, adjusting my attire, "I think I need to head back, Madara. It's getting late."

"You can seek shelter here. It may be safer." Madara offered, now standing in front of me. I recalled Hashirama's words, and he was right. Madara is a fundamentally kind man.
I contemplated the idea for a minute, but I realized how odd it may look so soon already for my family at home. As annoying as it was, I did have a reputation to protect.
"It's fine." I flickered my wrist in the air, "I'll see you in the battlefield tomorrow." I smiled and began my walk back to the Hyuga compound.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 18 13
From enemies to lovers. "Once a member of the Uchiha knows love, it's almost as if all of his previously checked emotions are released. They awaken...
207K 5.9K 157
Rin Uchiha was suppose to be dead along with her clan. But when she escaped Itachi's mass murder with the help of her father,she left the hidden leaf...
496K 21.7K 67
- COMPLETED - Upon a pact of peace between the Senju and Uchiha, the constant fighting of the Warring States Period ultimately ends, and a new shino...
18K 457 22
As a member of the Uchiha clan, there are certain things you expect in life. Awakening your Sharingan, mastering gen-jutsu, but falling in love? That...