Perennial Love

By AnushaBhatt15

Hello to the reader there! First of all thank you so much to stop by my story and giving it a try... This is... More

Disclaimer and copyrights
Character sketch
1. Dream to Reality
2. A Lifeless Life
3. Only a squad or more?
4. Something's different
Thank You
5. Out Of The Blue
6. The nightmares
7. They are always there
8. The meet up
9. Plans
10. The Party!
11. What the hell happened?
Apology!
12. Is This A Joke?
13. Is this only a game?
14. Friends Like Family
15. The After Effects
16. The Gathering
17. Something's Fishy
18. Friends turned Spy
19. It's just the start
20. Lost in the woods
Cover!!!
21. The unexpected!!!
22. The Attack!
23. The confrontation
24. Past revelation (part 1)
25. Past revelation (part 2)
26. Truth revelation
Important
27. The return of life
29. First client and the first move
30. A surprise after a surprise
31. Turn of events
32. The plan tumbling down
33. The reality hit
34. Mothers gone crazy
35. Reject or accept?
36. When is the wedding?
37. The bond of rings
38. Stealing special moments
39. Shopping Day (part 1)
40. Shopping day (part 2)
41. It's mehendi!
42. Coaxing her
Author's note!
Promo
43. It's time for Sangeet!
44. String of misunderstandings
45. A strange change
46. Days pass so quickly!
47. Finally they talk!
48. His love
49. Her feelings
50. The new family member!
51. Living the dream
52. Here it begins!
53. Sweet games
Author's note
54. The little things
55. Fire in the eyes
56. Deja vu
57. Sharon Rai Prakash
58. The dreadful hours
59. She remembers!
60. Their Perennial Love
Trailer!
Epilogue
Lets chat!
Bonus Chapter 1

28. The doctor's words

515 29 96
By AnushaBhatt15

A/N

Here's the next chapter...

I know I took a lot of time this time, but after this, it's all in flow and it won't take much time...

Don't forget to give your inline comments!

Happy reading!!!

_________________________

Swayam's POV

"Are you guys coming by today atleast?" Rey shouted again tired and I chuckled. We were waiting for the girls to come from their so called 'photoshoot' to be specific.

We were to leave today and now we are at the temple of lord Shiva, our last stop before we travel back to Mumbai. Today's plan was just visiting the famous temples here, the Mahabaleshwar temple, Panchganga temple and now the Krishnabai temple where it's said that, from here the birth of river Krishna happened. I wholeheartedly prayed in each of the temples to bless me with all the strength to win back my Sharon. Nothing could be more of a positive start than visiting temple along with her, after determining to get her back. A smile crept on my face as I remembered the most surprising yet wonderful thing that happened today. The priest in this temple, actually blessed both, me and my Sharon together as one and with luck, Sharon didn't deny it or retort back...

"Stop smiling like a creep bro!" Rey chided me, bringing me out of my trance and I passed him a look of pity immediately. Poor guy, he was calling them from past 30 mins but they won't budge. Me and Rey are standing in front of our car waiting for them like, since forever. The rest of the boys got tired and went to the nearby snack stall to munch on something.

"Stop giving me that look! I don't understand how did you manage to handle your Sharon for so many years! These girls are so..." Rey started but I cut him in middle...

"Oh hold on, hold on! Rey, calm down..." I said him gripping his shoulders and he passed me a pissed look...

"First of all, I didn't need to handle anyone, because love teaches and eases everything! And secondly, don't say anything bad about girls, because if they would listen it by any chance, we are dead forever" I said him and he slumped his shoulders down in defeat...

"Girls!" we both said sighing and rested our back against the doors of the car.

"Ohh they are finally returning!" I said when I saw girls approaching us, after almost like, 15 minutes or so. Rey called the boys and they were back in a jiffy...

"So guys, let's get back to home, finally!" Simmi said opening the door to slid in.

"Yeah finally!" Rey said mockingly and rolled his eyes.

"I'll drive!" Pia shouted out of the blue and our heads snapped towards her direction.

"No!" This time, it was not only me, but Rey and Sid as well. We shouted together in such a voice that made her jump in her place.

"Err... It's okay guys, I won't drive. Chill ok?" Pia said, somewhat shocked n scared and slid into the back seat. We three passed each other a knowing look and Sid slid in to drive. I hopped into the back seat as well, but this time I don't have any issue with her sitting beside me. Afterall, that's the reason I wanted to sit in the back seat.

"Seems like someone is not uncomfortable today?" Pia asked, sarcastically as soon as I slid beside her and I smiled at her.

"Nope, not at all babes" the words slipped out of my mouth before I could filter and I immediately regretted those. I averted my gaze towards the back seats and front seats to see everyone gawking at me as if I am some alien? Damn! I shouldn't have said that...

I gulped and looked back at Pia, my Sharon, to catch her looking at me with her lips parted and it seems like she is lost somewhere. Shit! I might have obviously freaked her out by my sudden affection. Freak Swayam! Can't you get a grip on yourself? What if something happens to her now? Shit! I scolded myself mentally and took a note to not do this again. Pia then, closed her eyes as if trying to regain her composure and then took long deep breaths. How I wanted to hug her, comfort her, but I couldn't! I was just sitting there, looking at her like a stone... She turned back facing ahead and the clearing of a throat brought me out of my trance. I snapped back and turned facing the window, the ride started.

Finally we are heading back, back to Mumbai, where I can consult the doctor and know about her case completely. I am so eager to say the world that she is mine again, to have her by my side again, to make her feel special again, to have my Sharon back to me. But I have to wait, I need to have patience, I need to keep a lot of control and be composed at all the times. I can't afford to loose her again, especially after getting her back like a miracle, I can't scare her away, I can't...

"We are here Swayam" Rey announced bringing me out of my small nap, parking the car in the drive way of my house. I glanced at my watch, it's almost 6 in the evening and we are already in Mumbai. I felt weight on my shoulder and titled my head sideways to get the most beautiful scene. A sudden rush of happiness passed through me, my Sharon was sleeping so peacefully, resting her head on my shoulders. I just want to capture this moment forever, I don't want this to end. I smiled weakly, if I would have known what she is doing to me in my sleep, I would have never slept but I have to get down now.

"Pia" Simmi whispered slowly, trying to wake her up but I stopped her placing my finger on my lips, saying her to be quite. She frowned, but nodded later. I shifted a little and caught her head in my hands, as delicately as I could, without disturbing her sleep and lifted it off my shoulders. I placed her head on the headrest of the seat and tucked a loose strand of her hair back. As I was about to draw my hand back, she turned sideways and adjusted her face, facing me in sleep, smiling and also locking my hand between her cheek and seat in the process.

I sighed and looked at few of them giving me sceptical gazes and the rest dozing off as well. I smiled awkwardly at them.

"Bro! Is this our Swayam? Or am I dreaming?" Nil asked Vicky, rubbing his eyes in sleep.

"I think it's dream. Go back to sleep bro, there's time till we arrive at your place" Vicky said closing his eyes and dozing off back to sleep, along with Nil. Rey snorted and I gave him a pointed look.

"No offence, but I warned you" Rey said raising his hands in surrender and I shook my head.

"Guys? Will someone care to explain me what's going on?" Simmi asked who was wide awake till now. I again smiled at her awkwardly, not knowing what to reply.

"Swayam will you make it quick? We don't have whole day for you to get down" Sid jumped in, diverting the topic. I immediately withdrew my hands from Pia and that broke her peaceful sleep and she yawned waking up. I was looking at her blankly because she was really this close and facing me. She looked up at me and smiled, but frowned later and in the next moment, she sprang up sitting straight.

"What's going on?" She asked lazily as she noticed we four of us looking at her. Rey shrugged and turned back. Sid got down to get my luggage and I followed the suit next, ignoring the question completely.

"There you go loverboy! It was a great trip!" Sid said placing down my bag and forwarding his hand for a shake. I just ignored him and pulled him for a bro hug.

"Thank you dude! Thanks for everything!" I said really feeling grateful to him for all the help he did. I wouldn't have even known about my Sharon if he wasn't there.

"It's okay, nevermind. By the way, I will contact you okay? After I talk to the doctor as soon as possible" he replied and I nodded. I really can't wait for it.

"Bye Rey, bye Simmi, see you soon" I said peeking in from the window.

"Bye Sh... Pia..." I waved a final bye and turned to get into my house. Ah finally I am back!

"Good evening mom!" I greeted as soon as the maid opened the door, barging in and handing my bag's to one of the helpers.

"Swayu! What a surprise! You didn't even inform that you were returning today" mom said hurrying towards me from the dining table where my dad was reading some book or magazine and they were probably having their evening tea. She hugged me as soon as she reached me and I hugged her back. I needed this hug from a long time now... I sighed in relief and pulled back after sometime, feeling relaxed.

"Well, I kind of forgot" I said smiling, rubbing the back of my neck and she frowned.

"What's wrong?" She asked and I didn't get her question. I just shrugged.

"You are smiling today, unforced and natural" she said and I made my way to the dining table to greet dad.

"Oh come on mom, can't I just smile casually?" I asked her and pouring myself water from the jug.

"How are you son?" My father asked keeping the book aside.

"I am fine dad" I replied back smiling and gulped down the water. Pin drop silence! Yes, it was pin drop silence in the room and I looked over my mom and dad looking at each other and doing their eye talk as always.

"What's wrong people?" I asked them standing besides them.

"That must be our question actually, what's wrong with you!?" Dad asked and I got as to what they are addressing to...

"Nothing is wrong" I said and turned to leave for my room but stopped and decided otherwise. I don't think it's good to keep this away from them. They are my parents.

"But if it's something, it's the best thing ever!" I said turning back and grinning widely and they looked at me surprised and curious.

"Spill the beans now! Quick!" Mom said folding her hands.

"I think something happened on the trip. Am I right?" Dad asked next and I nodded.

"Well, I will say you guys everything, first let me freshen up. And mum, please arrange something to eat, I am so hungry" I said and left for my room, leaving them gaping at me.

I came out of the shower, patting my hair dry and my eyes fell on the huge photo of my Sharon hung on the wall. I strolled and stood in front of it and looked at my Sharon's pic to my heart's content.

"You didn't leave me alone... You didn't break any of our promises..." I whispered smiling faintly at her.

"But I am angry with you!" I added folding my hands against my chest and glaring at her photo.

"You didn't tell me that you didn't leave me. You left me in my grief for so many years Sharon! You could have done something, anything to atleast hint me about your existence in this very own city! I am so not done with you! You know, just thinking of you were in the same city for almost 4 years and I was unaware of it, just grieving in your loss, it hurts me Sharon! It hurts so much that I didn't do anything to search for you and lost all my hopes. What if I had not stopped searching for you after few months in Pune and had continued even here? In Mumbai? I would have found you! You would be with me here today, by my side..." I huffed and looked away, controlling my anger on myself and even on her to an extent! Then sighing in defeat I looked back at her and my eyes softened.

"You know right, I can't be angry with you! This is so unfair Sharon! I love you... And my love for you always wins over anything that comes in between... I missed you Sharon, I missed you so much..." I leaned on the wall against the photo, hugging it as if it were my Sharon. I didn't realise I was about to cry until a tear drop rolled down my eyes.

"It hurts Sharon! Knowing that you are Pia and I can do nothing about it. It pains in the heart here, to not run to you, to not hug you, to not kiss you senseless, to not hold you by my side whenever I see you and be a fucking calm and composed man all the time! It pains me so much that you, my wife is standing just a few metres away from me and is unaware that you are mine, my wife, my life, my everything..." I blinked my eyes, to control my tears and looked at her again. I caressed her face with my fingers and smiled.

"But I promise you Sharon Shekhawat. I promise you that I will bring you back! Soon Sharon, just wait for me my love... I love you and I missed you all these years. I was grieving till date for you, but not anymore... Not anymore..." I said and kissed her forehead softly. I was pulled back to reality by the ringing of my phone and I groaned. Who the hell is calling me now? Disturbing my time with Sharon!? I quickly moved to the coffee table and saw Sid's name flashing on the screen and I picked it up immediately.

"Hello?" I answered after clearing my throat.

"What's up Romeo?" He questioned back and I looked back at my Sharon's photo.

"Umm... Nothing much, was busy a bit. You say, why did you call? I mean, we just bid byes... Is everything okay? Is Sharon fine? Did-" I was cut by his chuckle...

"Dude chill! Calm down! I just called you to inform something" Sid said and I sighed.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Well, I think your luck is shining bright these days..." He replied not saying the main reason and I took a deep breath.

"Sid, kindly come to the point directly! I am in no mood to solve your riddles" I requested mockingly, my patience running out...

"Okay, you seem to be busy, let me tell you this... I have just contacted the psychiatrist of Pia and guess what!? He is free today and only available for today. He is going to states tomorrow and will not be available for a week then..." He trailed off and a wave of adrenaline hit me immediately.

"Is he free today? You mean now? At this time?" I asked seeing the time. It was 7 already...

"Well, his working hours are done already, but when I called him regarding Pia, he is more than happy to help us in any way possible. So be quick and come to the address I am sending you... Or let's wait a week, if you are busy now..." He said sighing in the end.

"No no... I will leave now, I will be there as soon as possible..." I replied and hung up. I walked to my wardrobe and not willing to change my sweatshirt, I pulled the jeans and changed quickly. My phone beeped with the message from Sid and I just ran fingers through my hair and rushed out. Wait... I returned to my room and looked at Sharon looking at me from the doorway.

"I am coming Sharon! I will get you back soon" I said giving a flying kiss and hurried downstairs.

"Swayam! You are down so soon, come and have the snacks" Mom said but I walked directly to the door, taking the key of my bike from the holder...

"Mom, I have some urgent work to do and I have leaving now. I will be back at dinner I guess but maybe even late. Don't wait for me. Bye..." I said opening the door and strode towards the garage. I turned on my bike and zoomed out of my driveway.

"Are you ready?" Sid asked and I nodded, ringing the bell of the doctor's home. Yes, we are in front of his house now...

"Let's hope for the best" I said and the door opened. A person maybe in his mid fifties, stood there. He looked at me and adjusted his specks and then turned to Sid and seems like he recognised him.

"Ah Sid Mehra! I was expecting you... Please come in" he said and moved to a side. We went to the small clinic he had in here and he sat behind the desk.

"Please have a seat" he said and we sat opposite to him and he looked among some files on his desk.

"Mr. Gupta, thank you for giving an appointment at this hour. It really was important for us and this is my friend, Swayam Shekhawat" he introduced me and I smiled, clipped.

"The famous CEO of Shekhawat industries?" He asked immediately, looking up at me and I nodded. He seemed to be very experienced in his profession.

"It's my pleasure to meet you sir. I am Dev Gupta, a psychiatrist" he smiled at me politely and forwarded his hand for a shake and I took it not wanting to be rude. Just skip the formalities already! I can't wait to know about my Sharon

"How is Pia? Is she doing fine? And how can I help you?" He asked and I looked at Sid to start...

"She is fine uncle, but not doing good. Recently she had an attack and that too when she was awake and enjoying with us on a trip" Sid said

"Is that so? There must me something that must have triggered it. As far as I remember, her nightmares and attacks had stopped 2 years back right? And you were here with her recently, few days back saying that she is getting the nightmares again... Is something abnormal happening with her?" Doctor asked Sid and I closed my eyes for a moment. It is because of me, Sharon is in pain because of me...

"Actually uncle, Swayam is here for a reason... He is connected to Pia's past" Sid said and Mr. Gupta raised his eyebrows at me.

"Pia is Sharon... my wife" I said and he looked taken aback for a moment.

"How are you so sure? There can be a misunderstanding too" he asked skeptically looking at me, as if studying me.

"Sir, believe me, she is my Sharon... I was believing that Sharon is dead in an accident until that day, when Pia got the attack. She had screamed my name, just like how Sharon would in her attack and I was shocked and couldn't believe it. Later when we were talking, Sid said how he found Pia and the rest of the story till date..." I explained him and he was looking deep in thought.

"And even Pia's attacks are back from the day she met him for the first time after the accident. I too believe that she is Sharon uncle" Sid added and the doctor leaned back in his seat. I took my phone, quickly opened my gallery and showed him a photo of us together and he was shocked too, at the similarities between Pia and Sharon...

"I can't believe this..." He said in a low voice, thinking something...

"It was shocking and unbelievable for us too. I couldn't register at first that something like this can actually happen... But I think it's fate" Sid said and doctor smiled a bit.

"Well, I had heard of few cases like this before but didn't believe it to be true... It's too dreamy to be true. I had no hopes in case of Pia too, she could recall nothing. It's a miraculous coincidence that you both met. I am happy that finally we know her real family" doctor said looking at me and he smiled a bit...

"That's why I am here doctor... I want to know the details of her case. I want to bring back her lost memories and I want to know what I can do for that. I want to know everything about her health" I said and doctor nodded in understanding. He searched for some file and opened it and pushed it towards us.

"I understand... Well Mr. Shekhawat, I have seen many cases similar to Pia's, she's my patient for last 5 years but her case is a rare one" he said and I nodded, gesturing him to continue.

"The accident had damaged a major nerve in her brain and due to that sudden shock wave, her past memory is erased. In some cases, the victims had just lost a week's memory and some even had lost the whole memory. Pia's case is the later one and the case is extremely severe. Since we knew nothing about her and there was no contact with the family by any means, we couldn't do much than helping her overcome the post trauma. Here, she has lost memory for more than 4 weeks and she had also been in coma after the accident, so the possibilities of her recalling everything is very less... She has post traumatic stress disorder too, due to which she had frequent panic attacks and nightmares for a long duration. She didn't show any signs of being traumatic to a particular place till date. Pia had claimed to remember some bits and pieces of the past, of her childhood but that was causing her more stress than normal and I had to call off her counselling sessions of bringing back her memories as her safety comes first..." Mr. Gupta explained and I felt a pang in my heart, thinking how much my Sharon had suffered...

"This all is fine doctor but I want to know how can I bring her memories back? Is it safe to force her to recall now? What would be the effects of it?" I asked exactly what I wanted to know...

"Well, I doubt that. We can surely try out some basic tricks at first and look at how she reacts. Only then we can plan on what we can do further. And as far as you are concerned, I will let you be around her, but you must be careful... You can try approaching her as you did in the past and recreating the past moments, but you must withdraw immediately if she seems uneasy. Her brain is sensitive now, after the accident and even a little more stress than normal can cost her life..." Doctor said and I was completely blank. What should I do now?

"What... What are the chances sir? Of her recovering completely and being fit and fine?" I asked worried. I don't want to risk her life again...

"There's only 10% chances of her recovering and recalling everything, without any harm to anything else. Otherwise there are 90% chances of her going into coma again, damaging some major part of her brain, or even worse, her dying..." He said and I went numb. No! I can't lose her again! I got her just now.

"But you can do what you are trying, unless and until she looks stressed for long time. If her recovery is natural, then you are lucky enough, but otherwise we have to be very careful... Don't force her to recall anything, even if she doesn't connect to some memories you recreated for her. Just let her be... And Mr. Shekhawat, contact me immediately if she undergoes any kind of stress disorder while you are nearby..." Doctor finished and I nodded weakly, my eyes still on the file.

"And Sid, you must have brought her with you if you are saying that she had attacks again... I would have checked what's wrong with her and that could have been of some help" he said to Sid and Sid looked at me. What? What am I supposed to do in this?

"Anyways, I will write her prescription and you must look after it that she takes them from time to time... I can give the exact medicines only after checking her, but I am going out of station for a week. Till then, you can give her these and let me know it's effect on her" he said writing something on a paper and he gave it to Sid. We both passed a knowing look and decided to leave now.

"Thank you Mr. Gupta, you really helped us a lot" I said him and stood to walk out.

"It's my profession sir and all the best gentleman, with whatever you plan to do. But keep her safe" he said and I nodded trying to smile a bit.

"She is more precious to me than anything else" I replied and walked out. After coming out in the fresh air, I took a deep breath but it came out shaky as I was shivering on the inside. I went to my bike and stood slumped against it, placing my hands on the seats for support and my head hung low.

I don't know what to do now. I cannot risk her life and I can't even sit quite and watch her calmly. I don't know whether I want her to recall her memories and recognise who I am or I just want her to be with me now and forever. I shivered as the thought of her being dead crossed my mind. I can't be the reason for her pain...

"Are you alright?" I heard Sid as I felt a hand on my shoulder. I composed myself and turned to the side to look at him.

"I don't know what to do now" I mumbled and he hugged me immediately. I hugged back too, much needing it now.

"Everything will be alright okay? Just relax and think with a calm mind... Just listen to what your heart says, he can never be wrong." Sid said patting my back and I smiled weakly.

"Thank you Sid, I owe you..." I said and he made a stern face.

"You are now insulting me bro. I am hurt" he faked pain in his chest, clutching his hand there and I smiled more...

"There you go, that's what you need. A genuine smile to conquer the whole world!" He said dramatically looking at me and I shook my head at his childishness. He is such a kid at times.

"But jokes apart, I know you from a very short time buddy, but I trust you... It's your call completely as she is your family and I have no say in it. Just keep her safe. I am with you, in whatever you decide" Sid said and I nodded agreeing with him... I have to think about this, I have to arrive at a descision soon.

"Thank you once again. I will take your leave now. It's pretty late" I said and we hugged before parting on our ways...

Whatever the decision I may take, I must be happy atleast that my Sharon is not dead and I can bring her back either ways...

_____________________

A/N

Just one question, how was it?

I really hope you guys liked it because this was one of the toughest chapter to write for me. I know, this doesn't seem to, but it was...

What do you think will happen next? What decision will Swayam take? Will he take the risk or just play safe?

Do let me know your reviews in the comments...

Vote, comment and share

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.5K 542 24
This is a fan friction of one of my favorite show D3 a bit similar yet different hope you all like it the story starts when kriya came back to India...
757K 22.8K 40
• BOOK 1 IN MEANT TO BE SERIES • • COMPLETED • • STANDALONE • ~ "I was never yours." I retorted angrily. "Oh sweetheart. You were always min...
243K 15K 41
His Peaceful life turned chaotic the day she stepped into his life. She is hiding so many secrets which can be dangerous for his clan and He will nev...
157K 8.6K 164
I am new in the fandom and am a very very very big fan and supporter of our most dear sidneet.. I also ship abhinavi, fainat and jaireem.. And so I...