The Good Girl Plays the PLAYER

By NathalieDanjean

Nichole Williams is the classic good girl, well known in high school and at home for her good grades, kind de... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 27

1.4K 36 17
By NathalieDanjean

I'm up in my room, fuming, contemplating on how to get in touch with Steven and cancel our date as I'm grounded. I still can't wrap my head round the fact that me, at seventeen years old, am grounded and all because I let myself get wound up by that arrogant prick. What am I going to tell Steven? I can't tell him what happened, that would be too humiliating. I lay here on my bed perched on my elbows, reflecting on what happened just now and something feels off. I mean it was like he was baiting me, pushing me to the extreme and me being the stubborn, prideful person I am, fell for it. I smile to myself though when I remember the face he pulled when I head butted him, it was of shock and disbelief and I can't help but giggle at the memory.

A knock on my door brakes me away from the funny memory, announcing the presence of I think and hope my friend. "Come in!" I say and as expected, my friend walks through the door with a sorrowful expression on her pretty face. "Are you okay?" She asks in a little voice and I give her a small smile. "Do I look okay?" I reply with sarcasm. "It's all my fault, I'm so sorry Nick, I should have kept my big mouth shut," she says back, her eyes cast down, looking guilty as sin. Although she may have started this mess, deep down I know it's not her fault, but mine. I know that even without her input, Liam and me we were bound to explode and that's exactly what happened. He knew exactly what buttons to push, driving me crazy, acting crazy and this is the outcome of it all. "I think even without your help, Liam and me would have found a reason to fight anyway, I just feel bad that I ruined Mum's night" I admit to her and I do feel bad about how things ended up, a bit at least. She nods in agreement but then ties to stifle a giggle and I know what she's thinking about.

"Still his face when you head butted him was hilarious, me and your brothers were on the verge of laughing until we saw your mum walk in. Had she not, we would have definitely burst out laughing, I'm talking belly rolling, the works, no lie" She says with a cheeky grin and a wink. "Yeah, to see that face he pulled was well worth the trouble I'm in and believe me, I'm not done with him yet. That prick had the audacity to wave at me with that smug look on his face while I was getting told off and had my phone confiscated." Just remembering that look he had wound me up again. "Arhhh... That prick, he really makes my blood boil and I don't know why, but I get the feeling that I've been played for a fool. I can't quite explain it, but it feels like he had accomplished his goal, like this was all deliberate, some elaborate plan to make me loose it. You know what I mean?" The more I look back the more it feels off, like I'm missing something. "About that..." Sydney starts to say and I snap my head round, paying full attention to what she's about to say. She looks at me with worry and I immediately get the feeling that maybe my instincts were not too far off, that something was definitely off and she has the answer.

"Whaaaaat ?" I ask dragging the word. "...Well, you're brothers kind of helped Liam ruin your date plans" My brothers? "What do you mean? What did they do?" I ask trying to stay calm but I can feel the anger starting to boil, ready to spill over. "They kind of tipped him off on what would wind you up and get you fired up into an argument, Oh and they celebrated downstairs just now their victory, saying that their plan went better than they had expected. Well that's what I overheard them say from behind the door before I came up here to see you."

I'm stunned; I can't actually believe what I'm hearing right now, but not overly shocked as something did feel off. Those cheeky little fuckers wound me up on purpose so that I'd get in trouble and there was me thinking that my brothers may have forgiven me for the whole party thing. Boy was I wrong, but that's ok, because payback is going to be a bitch.

"So my brothers betrayed me, took of course they're best friends side and screwed me over. Is that it?" I ask really angrily. She nods but looks a little afraid of me right now. I don't blame her, I would be scared of me too and I'm fucking livid. I inhale deeply and then exhale all my rage.  "That's ok, no problem, I'll make them pay dearly for this, I swear!"

"Do you have any idea how?" She asks and that's a good question, what am I going to do to them? What will piss them off; humiliate them and loose face with everyone? "Mmmm... I'm thinking, I'm thinking..."

As I sit on my bed thinking, tapping my chin with my index finger, I have a sudden epiphany, it was like in the cartoons, a light switching on with the most brilliant idea I've had yet, I can feel the excitement build at the mere idea, my eyes going into devious slits, my smile, pressed in a thin line with only one corner lifting up."Sydney, Sydney, Sydney!" I start calling out to her in a sing song way and by the look on her face, I can tell she's on the same page as me, all ears ready for me. "It's gotten late Syd and it would be very irresponsible of my mother to send you home now. I think you should sleep over tonight" I say sarcastically. "Oh no! I know that look!" She says, still grinning back at me, her own devious smile, growing with anticipation. "I think you're right, I should stay over, I'm to fragile and innocent of a girl to be wondering the streets alone at night!" She says and we both laugh, as we both know that is the biggest load of bollocks she's ever said.

"Good! Because I'm feeling particularly inspired tonight, my artistic juices are ready to flow and guaranteeing us, that this will be a night to remember. I need my best photographer around to capture the moment and show the world my best work yet! You in?" I ask while rubbing my hands together, fidgeting on the spot, already excited by what I'm about to do.

"Definitely! You know me girl, I'm in!"

"Good, cause we have a few hours before they fall asleep and during that time, we can prepare everything we need, so I suggest we get cracking!" I say wickedly and start climbing off my bed.

The first on my agenda is to send a message to Steven, apologising and excusing myself for not being able to take his call or to make it to our date this Friday, explaining that we will need to reschedule and that I will explain further, properly when I see him at work. I immediately got a reply saying 'OK' and then moved on to the next step of my plan. I sent my friend downstairs to handle my mother, in regards to her sleeping over and when done, to see where those pricks are and report back to me. I suspect they will be in the garage, which has been converted into a gaming room, where undoubtedly they will smoke weed, but I just need to make sure. While she's doing all that, I get everything we need ready and lay is all out on the bed. I change into black clothing, black socks, black long sleeve top, black leggings and tie my hair up into a messy bun. Can't have my long hair whipping around for what I have in mind to do, because if I did, I would get caught too prematurely ruining everything.

I laid out spare black clothing over the railing of my bed for my friend as well, as they will have multiple functions. 1. As pyjamas and 2 as mission attire. I know I'm taking this to a whole new extreme, but it's necessary for what I have in mind to do. There is one last thing I will need and this is where it's going to get tricky; we have only one cell phone available as mine is out of commission and for what I have in mind, it would have been preferable to have both. Timing everything right is definitely going to be a challenge, but if all goes according to plan, then this will turn out to be a corker.

•••••

"Shush or we're going to get caught!" I whisper shout to Sydney who can't seem to stop giggling. We've barely made it to the garden without getting caught by mum who has ears like radars, but if she keeps this up, making snorting sounds and giggling, we're definitely screwed. "I can't help it, it's just that I can already imagine their faces and it makes me want to laugh," she says whispering back to me, trembling with excitement, then placing her hand back over her mouth to stifle the sounds of her giggling, 'again'. I roll my eyes at her and shake my head at her annoyance, but I can't deny that I have had a few giggles of my own escaped too, but now that we are both here, on the verge of executing our plan, we really need to get it together or this whole thing is going tits up.

"I know okay? But now we've got to concentrate. You know what you have to do right? And don't forget the signal, okay?" She better, we've been over this a million times. "Of course I do! What do you take me for?" She whisper shouts in outrage.

I place my index finger on my lips, signalising that silence is an absolute must right now. She nods silently with a serious face, reassuring me that she's ready. We tip toe out of the house, leaving the patio door open, reach the window of the garage first and peek carefully, checking, making sure, that the boys were conked out. The TV was still on, but on a low volume, the light emanating from it, illuminated to room, showing us where the boys where. Thankfully, they were asleep and so I turned back to face my friend, signalling to her again, to now follow me.

Facing back forward, I tip toed further, quietly reaching the door, then gently placing my hand over the knob, slowly, slowly turning it, trying very hard to not make a sound. Once it was fully turned to the side, I push the door open ever so slowly and paused when it squeaked. My whole face cringed at the sound, then I Froze in place and held my breath in fear, worried that it may have woken them up, but as I let my eyes roam the room, there were no signs of movement, they were still out for the count. I sigh in relief, then looked behind me and saw my friend frozen and petrified, but the moment she saw my smiling face, she immediately knew we were still good to go and relaxed.

I get on all fours, creeping towards the sofa, where Liam and Derrick sat, while Sydney crawled over towards Travis, who was sleeping on the floor on top of the rug. We pulled out our makeup kit and immediately got to work, carefully not waking them up, pausing when they stirred a little in their sleep. Sydney is a master when it comes to makeup, so she was tasked with my brother, whom I knew to be heavy sleepers, I mean you could hoover around them and they still wouldn't wake up, so she was pretty safe. Liam on the other hand I've noticed is a light sleeper, so I had to be extra careful. This was tricky work, applying mascara, gluing on the fake eyelashes, then the eye shadow, which with the brush it obviously it tickled them, making them stir over and over.

Each time this happened, we froze, quickly glancing at each other in panic, shitting ourselves and covering our mouths tightly with both hands, to stifle our laughter. This was so funny and exciting, so it's hard to keep a straight face, but somehow, we had too.

I look back at Liam's sleeping face, his lips slightly parted, breathing deeply, so peacefully and so beautifully, that I wanted to stroke his smooth cheek, kiss him on his plump lips, hold him in my embrace and...

...Fuck, I need to get my shit together. I shake my head profusely, trying to erase, those thoughts, knowing full well me and him can never be that way again, ever. I can't think doing this to myself, he hates me and I hate him, a lot, a bit, not at all if I'm being honest with my self. Even in his sleep, he has such an overwhelming power over me and I can't stand it. I concentrate back on my task, applying the final few touches over his face, making him look more and more, like a drag queen. The finishing touch was the lipstick, which I pulled out, gently pressing it over his lips, drawing carefully on them, and tracing his perfect contours. I stared down at him and even though he's wearing all this shit on his face, he still looks remarkable. I inadvertently stoked his face and suddenly, his had was on mine, making my breath hitch. I was frozen; scared that he was awake, and that feeling was made worse when he mumbled my name. "Nichole" He said softly, sweetly, in the tenderest way. It was barely a whisper, barely audible, but he said it, he said my name still holding my hand, tightly, making my heart skip a beat, my breathing becoming now erratic, gently fanning his face. I want to hold it in, I'm trying to hold it in, but it keeps bursting out. My hand feels like its on fire, spreading all along my arm, spreading everywhere and I'm scared, scared that I've been caught, scared that he's going to know that he still has this affect on me, this power over me.

I keep staring at him, horrified, petrified and wonder if he is actually awake. Have I been caught? Are we screwed? Do I make a dash for it? What the hell should I do?

🌸
Did Nichole screw up? Is it all over? What do you think 🤔
Hopefully I won't leave you guys in suspense for too long as I'm already working on the next chapter
As always I love you all for taking the time to read my story, for you kind comments and votes
I'll keep working hard 😓 so to never disappoint you

Please keep commenting & voting if you like what you read
I'll always appreciate it 😘
🌸

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

219K 6.2K 51
Nataly, the innocent looking girl with a sad past, needs to stop grieving and start living again after losing her twin sister. But it's hard to do so...
1.5M 53.2K 54
Highest rankings: Break-up: #1 (23rd November 2019) Cliche romance: #1 (23rd November 2019) Cliche: #1 (11th May 2020) Cheesy romance: #2 (20th May 2...
105K 3.9K 48
*Mafia romance* He pierced into my soul with his beautiful eyes, his hot breath touching my face. He looked away from me for a moment, towards every...
401 47 4
Jolene was an average girl. Some would say there was absolutely nothing special about her. Yes, she was smart, but thatΛ‹s pretty much it. Her looks w...