Pen to Paper [N.H.]

By InesAbdallah3

After winning a contest, Chloe is chosen to write the biography of Niall Horan. She has to spend the next few... More

Pen to Paper - Preface
Chapter One: Initiation - Breakfast
1.2 - Initiation - Processing
1.3 - Initiation - Trips and Chips
1.4 - Initiation - Roam
Chapter Two: Immersion - Over
2.2 - Immersion - Little Venice
2.3 - Immersion - Saturday
2.4 - Immersion - Roast
Chapter Three: Inhibition - Slow
3.2 - Inhibition - Not Okay
3.3 - Inhibition - Choices
3.4 - Inhibition - Good Morning
Chapter Four: Island - Right
4.2 - Island -Green
4.3 - Island - White
4.4 - Island - Orange
Chapter Five: Influence - Back
5.2 - Influence - Aftermath
5.3 - Influence - Door
5.4 - Influence - Tour
Chapter Six: Intermission - LA
6.2 - Intermission - Friends
6.3 - Intermission - Late Night
6.4 - Intermission - Sunshine
Chapter Seven: Issues - Catch-Up
7.2 - Issues - Pints
7.3 - Issues - Well-Being
7.4 - Issues - Drop
Chapter Eight: Isolation - Getaway
8.2 - Isolation - Paris
8.3 - Isolation - Ex
Chapter Nine: Improvements - Apology
9.2 - Improvements - Follow
9.3 - Improvements - Jealousy
9.4 - Improvements - River
Chapter Ten: Inscription - Home
10.2 - Inscription - Release
10.3 - Inscription - Tokyo
10.4 - Inscription - Letter

8.4 - Isolation - Knock Knock

2.6K 76 16
By InesAbdallah3

Chloe's POV

A little light and laughter have been introduced back into my life now that I reconnected with Julien. Last weekend we went to the zoo and some touristy spots we never really visited while we were there. Last time I laughed this hard was while hanging out with Niall, Conor and Lewis. Most of the time not spent writing, I've been able to stop myself from thinking about him. But it's just because I'm distracted with all the activities I'm doing with my old best friend. I feel like the second I step in London again, all of that would be gone and I'll go find Niall first thing. But it's inevitable. I'm close to done writing. There's still a gap that needs filling, which means I have to talk to Niall. Maybe send him an email? I don't know. I don't like working that way. If he has a story to tell, it should be face to face. If it's not I won't be able to write the emotions into it correctly because I won't be able to see them for myself.

A knock on the door interrupts my Saturday morning writing session. 

'Good morning!' Julien chirps as he playfully pushes past me with a very familiar beg.

'Waffles and Coffee?' I ask excitedly.

'You know it!'

We go to the sitting room, I turn on Netflix and choose a random episode of Friends, as he goes to the kitchen to get forks and knives.

'Hold on! Wait a minute! You only get me waffles if I ask or if you want something from me. And I didn't ask for waffles. What do you want?'

'Can we eat first and then discuss my motives later?'

'Why? What does it differ?'

'I want you to enjoy them?'

'Yeah okay.'

We eat and laugh along with the series on the TV. Three episodes later, I noticed something.

'Hey! We got distracted you still haven't told me what you want from me.'

'I was hoping to postpone this discussion as far as possible today because I'm afraid of your reaction. But I guess it has to be done.'

'What's up?'

'You need to go back to London.'

'What?' I half shout.

'You've been here a month. You have a job to finish and you need to be in London for it. We both know that.'

'I still have 2 weeks!'

'Yeah for the first deadline! And you're not done! And you need Niall to finish it. I get that it's difficult to see him. Hell, I don't even want you to see him. But this book deal is very important if you want to make your dream come true. What have you been doing the last 5 years? You moved to London to be a writer. You wasted 5 years of your life, half trying. Now you got this chance you can't mess it up! It's too important. Once you finish this book, you'll get new deals and you'll be able to write about whatever you want and get them published. I'm sorry but sometimes you need to numb the heart to make way for other things. It's tough I know. But it needs to be done.'

'I just can't see him. I can't even see his face online. Seeing him makes me want to cry and I'm done crying. I'll send an email asking for the missing information and this will have to do.'

'Two days ago you explained why that is not good enough. You're a talented writer. Don't let that be in vain.' 

'Fine! One more week! I'll go back next weekend.' 

'On Monday!'

'Friday!'

'This is not a negotiation!' He complains.

'Thursday?' I tempt.

'Fine, Tuesday!'

'Why do you want me out of the country so soon?'

'I'm trying to look out for you and your future! Is that so bad?'

'Alright, I'll go back on Wednesday.'

'Okay, Wednesday. Do you need a lift to the train station?'

'No it's fine, thanks though.'

We finish eating then I get back to writing because I need to finish the task that I started with. But once that is done, he starts going through our list of movies to watch.

'10 Things I hate about you?' He asks.

'No!! Last time I watched it was with Niall. Don't feel like reliving that.'

'Okay, Perks of being a wallflower?'

'Yeah, I don't feel like crying my eyes out again.'

'Hmm... What about the Holiday?'

'It's not Christmas.' I argue.

'What? What does that have to do with anything? Fine The Greatest Showman?'

'I don't feel like watching a Musical.'

'You're being difficult today!' He complains.

'Well excuse me if I'm a little pissed off at my best friend because he's kicking me out of my own country.'

'I'm just telling you, you need to go home.'

'I am home!'

'Please! We both know Paris is not your home anymore. The girls, your other best friends miss you! You need to go back to them!'

'Yeah, I know. I miss them too.' I sigh.

'So? What do you want to watch?'

'Definitely, Maybe!'

'Seriously? You choose this over the four other suggestions I gave you?'

'Just shut up and put the movie on while I make some popcorn!'

'Hey, Clo, can I ask you a question?'

'Sure...'

'When you do get to London, and you see him again, What are you going to say? How are you going to act around him? Assuming you can actually control yourself.'

'Hey! Not cool! Well, I'll try my best to keep it professional. I won't let him get too close, physically or emotionally. I'm not gonna try to be his friend, I'm not gonna comfort him. No matter how upset he is, no matter how much he begs me to forgive him. I won't. We'll just finish our work, and go our separate ways.'

'Wow, you really not gonna forgive him?'

'Why do you think I should?' I ask softly with a pout.

'No! Of course not! I was testing you! Wow! You need a lot of work. Okay, come here. Let's practice.'

He stands up, pausing the movie, walk around the table to a more spaced area and I follow him stopping in front of him. He opens his phone, quickly googles an image of Niall and hold the phone at his chest level with the screen facing me.

'Seriously? Niall is taller than that!' I adjust the phone lifting it slightly above my eye level.

'Okay, now what are you gonna tell him?' He asks me.

'I don't know, what do you want me to say?' I ask looking back up at Julien.

'Tell him what you just told me. That you don't want to be friends you just want to finish the job and go your separate ways. But of course say it in English, not French.'

'Okay.' I clear my throat, 'Niall... I don't want to be friends...?'

'Yeah, I'm gonna need you to be way more convincing than that!'

'I'm trying! But I mean look at him! He's so cute and adorable! How can you reject someone like him!'

'Clo! You have to be strong! Look beyond the cuteness. Focus on the pain he caused you.'

'Alright! Alright.' I take a deep breath and look straight into Niall's eyes in the picture. 'Niall. What you did really hurt me.'

I pause for a second, and Julien pushes me to continue.

'You hurt me not once, not twice, but three times. And I think that's more than one person can take. It's more than one person deserves. And that's why I can't be with you, I can't be your friend. I can't be around you more than I have to. So let's just finish the work given to us and just take our separate ways.'

'There you go! Was that so hard?' He asks.

'Yes, it was!'

An alarm starts ringing on his phone. 

'Right, I'm sorry I can't stay. I've got a date. Are you gonna be okay?' He asks me worryingly.

'Yeah, I'll just clean up the mess and continue writing. I'm okay. Have fun on your date.'

'Okay, thanks. Text me if you need anything. And if it ends earlier than it should I could pass by afterwards if you need me.'

'No, I'm good really. Go!'

'Alright. Goodnight!' He leaves a little kiss on the top of my head and then leaves.

I start cleaning up the bags, plates, bowls and everything else, and within 5 minutes, I hear another knock on the door. I walk back to the front door.

'T'as oublié quelque chose?' - 'Did you forget something?' I ask as I'm opening the door.

'Hi, Clo.'

'Niall?'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 2 63
Chloe and Rosie and One Direction's biggest fans. When Chloe finds out she can't go to their concert, she's devastated. A surprise for her birthday m...
67.5K 2K 51
After three years apart, circumstances keep bringing Niall and ChloƩ together. Can they work through their issues and find their way back together or...
24.6K 841 59
Lily's life was as perfect as it could be until she lost her parents. She had nowhere to go and no one to share her feelings with. At this time, she...
1.7K 33 20
"'Love.' I've fallen in 'love' far to many times. I'm not sure I even know what love is anymore.." Gabby may not necessarily be afraid to fall in lo...