DOUBLE EDGED A Harper's Book...

By nikkihershell

King is struggling to find his place within the Harper Empire. Holding on to guilt over his parent's death ha... More

Jet Lagged
Fake Stash
Rude Awakening
Wakey Wakey
Step Aside, the Queen is Back
Booked
Meet Frankie Knight
Swim Your Way Out Of This
String Of Hope
Pick Pocket Fox
Listen Up!!
Just When I Think I'm Okay
The Gist Of It
You Again
I'm Here To Win
According To Plan
Guess Who's Back
Tipped Off
Spilling The Beans
Seen Too Much
Claimed And Don't Even Realize It
Pushing The Boundaries
Rearranging
The Missing Piece
Vivid
Pushed Away
The Hunt Just Got Real
Did It This Time
Making Changes
Running Into Wall's
Not Quick Enough
Eye's Wide Shut
So Many Backs, So Many Blades
Karma's Knocking
Queen Mother
Facing The Monster
Not Totally Convinced
Flames Of Despair
Heart, Body And Soul
Let The Healing Begin
Mermaid Hair, I Don't Care
Paper Trails
Giggly Powder
Poll Time
Friend Zone
The Big Reveal
Here Comes Trouble
Sink Or Swim
Black Sheep
Three To Tango
Being Bad Just Feels So Damn Good
Tid Bit (disregard. changes have been made)
Battle Of Love
Refusing The Heart
Razzle Dazzle
Surprise Guest
Yea, About That Mafia Life
The Past Comes Back To Bite
Well, I Didn't Expect That Reaction
Wildcard Up My Sleeve
Conversation Starter
Time To Go Back
Two Pink Lines
Changed
Poking The Bear
Small World
The Search
Making Of A Queen
She Means Business
Claiming What Is Mine
A Gift For You
The Queen Is On The Prowl
Risen
Put Some Stank On It
Witchery Trickery
Squander
Coming To Terms
And In They Came
Hear Me Roar
Unexpected Ally
What Doesn't Kill You...
Mess Of Messe
Silent Understanding
This Isn't A Game
Farming
Trouble Comes In Pairs
On The Way
Yea, This Didn't Go Over Well
Drive Me To Drink 1
Drive Me To Drinking 2
Drive Me To Drink 3
Drive Me To Drink 4
Drive Me To Drink 5
Violation
Pep Talk
My Queen Is Back
This Wasn't Supposed To Happen So Soon
Smoke Lines
Jumpers
Even The Shoes
Silence Is Deadly
She Caved
Technology Is Splendid
The Long Haul
It has begun!

Who Am I?

9.5K 326 101
By nikkihershell

Slipping on my gloves, I used my pin sized flashlight and went to work on cracking this safe. Listening intently to ever click, I had it opened in no time. Peeking inside I smiled. "Payday" I cheered softly as not to be heard.

Picking up my empty designer bag, I begin to shovel stacks of cash into it. Once it was all swiped clean, I tied the bag up securely, pulled my shades down into my face and slipped out the door as sleek as I had entered. Poor Tony, dumb guy. I had been seeing him on occasion over the course of several month's. Tony was a architect who has designed some of the most outstanding buildings the world over.

Tony was too easy to swindle. I had the luck of meeting him at a art show. I purposely place myself in these extravagant functions in hopes of snagging my next meal ticket. I introduced myself to him as Ruby Johnson and I had him wrapped around my finger in no time. However i wasn't my natural red headed self that night. Whenever I'm on the hunt I change my entire outlook and name. This particular night I chose to wear my short blonde wig and blue contacts. Never do I reveal my true identity to anyone. Yes, it is a lonely life at time's but it supports me.

Stepping into my fancy apartment building in Las Vegas, I rode the elevator up to my top floor pent house. That's right, I took big time. Originally from Kentucky, I headed out to Vegas two year's ago to aspire bigger aspirations and let me tell you, Vegas is a Holy ground for all of the hotshots. With all of the casinos dotted the sidewalks it's a hotbed for the rich.

Once I had my door closed, I pulled the wig off of my head and let my red waves tumble down my back. Giving my head a good shake to loosen the curls, I went to my own safe located behind my favorite painting. Opening the safe, I placed my newfound money into it along with the multiple stacks of cash that was already there. That's right, I've made a killing in Vegas since I've been here. I could quit now and live happily ever with all  the dough I've accumulated.

Stripping from my glitzy dress and heels, I slipped into something more comfortable and poured myself a glass of champagne. A toast to me, the real me that no one knows.... Frankie Knight.

That's right, my mom named me after my father whom by the way I've never met. The sleeze skipped town as soon as he learned about me but my mom was no better. Different men filtered in and out of our home and most were mean drunks like my mom. Most of the time I hid outside under our porch for safety. I'll never forget the night I lost my mom though. I had just turned ten and crawled from under the porch when I heard my mom screaming. Peeking through the window I saw her current boyfriend pushing her around. I watched on in horror as he removed a gun from his waistband and unloaded on my mother. Fear stricken, I hurried back under the porch and cried silently. I stayed there for nearly three day's as my mom laid dead inside. I knew I should have went for help but my ten year old mind was traumatized. I was scared if I came out from my hiding spot her boyfriend would kill me to. Eventually my school sent out social services due to my many absences and they discovered my mom's body.

From there I was shuffled into the system. I was bounced from one home to the next but never stayed long enough to create any bond's with the families. I'll never forget the moment I meet the Morris family. I was sitting in my social workers office when a plump lady and slender man entered. Sweetness radiated from both of their faces and for the first time I felt like I had finally found my forever family..... Boy was I wrong.

Soon as I entered their home the act was gone. The house was filthy and three more foster children stayed here. Long story short, they wasn't interested in us kid's, they were interested in the checks they collected off of us. It wasn't long before they had us enter store's and steal item's that they wished for. I guess you could say I started my life of crime at a early age. I came up with creative ways to steal and even begin taking things for myself and foster siblings. However i despised the Morris's and what they forced us to do. Once I turned eighteen I left out for Vegas.

At first I found a honorable job working at a one of the casino's as a janitor. Is wasn't long though before a sophisticated lady caught my attention. I watched her and learned. She would spot a high rolled and sashay up to him. The next morning he would wake up in a room here and discover all of his winnings gone. Each time she visited the casino she always looked different but I never ratted her out.

That's where my idea took root. I started off slow at first only taking watches and such and then I got smarter. Why not take this rich, perverted men for all they had. No, I never slept with any of my clients as I like to call them, but when I got the feeling that they was ready to take it to that level I would strike and disappear. I always have them fake name's and job titles. So far I have been a realtor, interior decorator, dancer when in fact I don't even work anymore. I make enough to live the high life now.

Finishing off my champagne, I glanced at my phone hoping to see a missed call from King Harper. Out of all my client's he was the only one that I hadn't intended to steal from. In fact me meeting him was a total fluke. The odd thing is, is that I don't want to dupe him. I had just robbed Steve's safe. Steve was a business entrepreneur that I was taking for a ride. During my escape somehow security was alerted to the safes disturbance. I found myself running down the street as they chased after me. Turning the corner, I ducked into a nightclub. Instantly I removed the brown wig from my head and let my red hair fall down my back. Next, I ditched my jacket and swiped a shimmery Shaw off of someone's chair. In no time, I had it wrapped around my waist and fashioned into a stylish skirt. Then I stood on the toilet seat and his my bag of cash in the ceiling.

Walking from the bathroom, I went to the dance floor to blend in and hopefully loose these goons chasing me. That's when I spotted him, a tall well built man who wasn't really dancing with no one in paticular. His dark looks were alluring and he was a special piece of eye candy. Slipping up behind him, I wrapped my arm's around his waist and begin to sway with the music. The stranger turned to see who was dancing up on him and I shot my best smile. Thankfully he grinned back and my heart did a flip. Never had I laid eye's on such a man. He had it all. "What's your name?" He asked in a deep, rich accent.

Smiling sweetly, I replied. "Ashton Steward"

" King. King Harper". He supplied.

Just then the goons chasing me was walking by. In a attempt to hide my face, I pulled him in for a long kiss. Thankfully he didn't reject me. Once the guard's were gone, I released his lips. "Nice to meet you King Harper" .

Turning to go and fetch my bag from the ceiling he grabbed my elbow. "Not so fast Ashton. I wasn't done" .

Before I could answer his tongue was seductively torturing mine. Long story short I ended up back at his place with my bag forgotten. Never had I behaved this way. One night stands weren't my thing but damn he was gorgeous not to mention kept me coming all night.

The following morning I tried to skip out but he insisted I give him my digits. Reluctant to do so I knew I wouldn't get out of here otherwise. Eventually I caved and have him the number I use for my client's. Needless to say I was surprised when he phoned several day's later. I don't know what I was thinking but I agreed to a dinner date with him. As we chatted over lobster I learned that King owned several local casino's. My first thought was money symbols. I could strike good with this one but for some reason it didn't interest me and that caused worry.

In return I told him that I was in the marketing business and he bought it. Over the course of a year we saw each other at least twice a week if he was in town. Often he had business dealings in New York. I must admit that I never stole from him and didn't intend to. There was just something different about this situation. I liked him and even though we weren't an official couple not had we discussed our feelings for the other I couldn't quit him. He was my drug and I was attached. Eventually I broached the subject of becoming serious and he flew into a rage that left me in tears. A few day's later roses were delivered to me along with an apology. Of course I forgave him.

During this time I still continued to rob men blind. Hey, I had to eat. Then the big blowout happened. I discovered that King's birthday was nearing. I thought he deserved something nice so I arranged a surprise party at his place. I had the luxury of meeting a few of his co-workers and invited them. Let's just say it was a bad choice. King flipped out and dismissed me. I was so confused and hurt. I didn't understand what exactly I did wrong.

After a week of not hearing from him my hurt turned to anger. It was time I put a end to this wishy-washy relationship. Many time's King would open his safe in front of me and my eye's widened at what was inside. It's time he had some pay back and a lesson in how to treat people. Donning a long black wig, I made my way to his place. It was early morning so I knew he would be at work. Walking by the attendant desk in the front lobby I faked a panic. "Hurry. There is a man outside trying to break into car's. He ran off that way". I yelled pointing my finger out the door.

The attendant rushed out and I scurried behind the desk. In no time I had a key to King's apartment. Once inside I pulled a case of clear tape from my pocket. King had a high quality safe that only opened using his fingerprint. Walking to the kitchen, I found his empty whiskey glass and gently pressed the tape to it collecting his fingerprint. Going to the safe, I placed the tape into the small screen and bingo. The safe opened.

Opening my bag, I shoveled the contents of the safe inside. "This should cover my heartbreak. Serves you right".

In a blink I was gone and probably a million dollars richer. Ch-Ching.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

785K 33.7K 51
Sienna Antoinette Harper had spent twelve years running from her past; now 28 she'd built up walls around her heart trying to keep people out and kee...
2.2K 272 19
"I've never felt this way with any other guy before." This is a romance and action novel.Gabby Jones just broke up with Damion because she couldn't s...
5.8K 126 16
Rebecca Black, a twenty one year old, beautiful and talented student. Sassy and hardheaded. She can stand up to you if you are wrong no matter how po...
561K 13.1K 40
|HAS BEEN REWRITTEN| She was kind. He was heartless. She saw the good in everyone despite her past. He saw nothing but hatred for others because of...