Billionaires' War (Completed)

By CoraStar_

Cora Verell inherited Verell Enterprises upon her father's death. But she discovers a secret that leads to he... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chaper 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Epilogue
Thank You
Trillionaires' War

Chapter 33

10.8K 319 32
By CoraStar_

Cora! Over here!

Can you tell us where you were all this time?

Omer! Is it true there was a bomb in your private jet?

Cora, why did you try to kill yourself?

Is is because of the death of your son and ex-husband?

I was shoved a little too roughly into the car by my overprotective husband. Omer didn't appreciate the invasive questions the reporters kept throwing at us. They couldn't respect our boundaries. He probably thinks it'll be a trigger for me. We haven't had any alone time in the office for me to reassure him.

I saw my brother follow Andrea to the car behind us much to her dismay. I don't know what exactly happened between them, but I'll find out soon enough. A cop waved us forward. With all the black SUVs and cops driving in front an behind us you would think we were on a hit list watch. Omer pull all the stops for secruity. The worried look on his face tugged at my heart. He was on high alert throughout the whole ride.

I was helped out of the car when we stopped just in front of the mansion doors. Omer grabbed my hand and led me inside. I struggled to keep up. I know I have alot of explaining to do.

"Devine, will show you to your rooms." He announce when we passed the doorway. The butler greeted the guests. This is the first time I've seen him. I couldn't even contemplate longer because Omer was dragging me up the stairs. He pulled me into our room and then turned around and locked it. His back was turned to me. It look like he was trying to calm himself down.

"Look I know you're mad-"

He turned around with dark eyes. "Mad doesn't even begin to cover it, Verdell." There it is. My pen name when he's mad.

"I couldn't tell you anything. I'm sorry."

"You knew what she was capable of all along! You were out in the open for her to take, but I didn't know that because you didn't tell me what was wrong! She could've killed you." He closed his eyes.

"This isn't about what she did to our parents. This is about what she could've done to me." I stated. He opened his eyes and gave me a regretful look.

"Everything you told me. Everything she did to you. She could've killed you all along. I left you in that institution where she could've gotten to you."

I placed my hand on his cheek. "Stop." I ordered him. "Stop blaming yourself. Nothing happened to me. I'm not the one she's after anymore. She's hurt and acting on impulse now. It's clouding her judgement. The cops will arrest her and everything will be over."

He crushed me into a hug I didn't even see coming. "I missed you." He admitted.

"I did too. Andrea told me about the recordings. You were watching my sessions."

"I wanted to know how everything was going. I wanted to make sure you were getting better."

"I know. I don't blame you for putting me there, Omer. I know why you did it. And I promise you that I'm going to continue to see Dr. Miller. I feel fine now, but he did point out some things I needed to work on and I will from home. I don't want to be away from you anymore."

"I know." His lips pressed to mine gently. It quickly turned into passion, but I pushed him away before it went any further.

"I'm sorry. I just-"

"It's okay. It's been a crazy day. Let's get some sleep."

"Yeah. I feel so tired." I quickly got out of my dress, shoes and jumped into bed. He wrapped his arms around me as I settled on him comfortably. "You're going to shave after all this is over."

"No."

I smiled at that. He's still the same stubborn man I admired. I could feel his breath even out.

"Omer?" I whispered. The silence greeted me. I ran my finger down his rugged face. Even looking like a cave man he's handsome. I truly love him. And I'll make sure it lasts.I slowly and silently got up from the bed. I made sure to not wake him up. I placed a pillow in my absence. I really hope he doesn't wake up anytime soon.

I changed into an all black assemble. I don't need to bring too much attention to myself. When I was finally ready I snuck out the from and down the stairs. I made my way to the kitchen where I heard the voices. I entered finding Andrea and Marcus.

"You couldn't sleep?" Andrea asked me.

"I just need some fresh air. I'm going to take a walk around outside. Omer is sleeping. I didn't want to wake him up." She nodded in understanding.

I saw Marcus slid a folded piece of paper on the barstool. He let out a obvious cough. "Andrea, I wanted to show you something. If that's alright with you?"

"Sure. Do you need anything, Cora?"

"No. Just go ahead. I'm fine." I reassured her.

Marcus led her away. His burning glaze told me to be careful. I knew I should be. I took the paper and left the house. I waited for a little before Marcus came outside. He looked around to find a few gusts that were watching the opposite side of the house. He led me to the back of the SUV. I got in and stayed low. I heard the car engine start.  I felt the car stop.

"State your name?" I heard someone say, probably one of Omer's guards.

"Marcus. I'm Mrs. Aslan's personal bodyguard."

There was a silence. "Go ahead."

"On you go."

I felt the ride for a few more mintues until we stopped. Marcus opened the door and helped me out. "Thanks."

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

"There's no going back now." I confirmed.

"Certain people will meet you at the Port of Palm Beach. As soon as you park you flash your beams twice with three second delays. No more. No less. They will bring her out. They will board her. You don't talk to anyone unless they talk to you. Once it's over give them the duffle bags and the piece of paper I gave you. These people are dangerous, Mrs. Alsan. You have to tell me you understand everything I'm telling you."

"I got it Marcus. Stop worrying."

"I can go with you if you want."

"No. This is something I need to do alone. Just go back home and make sure that no one notices I'm gone."

He nodded in understanding. I quickly got in the car and sped off.

I got there in less time than I thought it would take. The sign 'Port of Palm Beach' was almost too dark to see. I parked a few feet before the rails. I signalled my lights twice with three seconds delay each. Just like Marcus instructed me to.

I large black van emerges from the shadows.   I step out cautiously. The van vaults and two men step out dragging her out of the car. She had a wool bag over her head.

"Let me go!" She screeched.

"I suggest you keep your mouth shut." One of the men warned. "Our girl isn't in a good mood today."

For a moment I though they were talking about me, but then a woman emerged from the shadows. She was gorgeous, but the sinister glint in her eyes were clear she was not one to mess with.

"You're Marcus's girl?" She asked me.

"Yes."

"I got a message from Bullet. Debt has been paid." I noded. Having an idea what that meant, but not knowing the percise details. She gave the men an icy look. The  men then took off the bag from Vania's head.

Her eyes met mine immediately. The shock and fear was there.

"You."

"Me." I said lowly.

"What are you doing?" Vania pushed against the hold they had on her, but the men secured her in place. I analyzed her. She was still dressed to perfection. A true woman of society. Nothing would have change that it appears except that I know she tried to flee before these people caught her. "Answer me!"

The woman beside me stepped forward her gun raised high to the my ex-mother in law. "You scream like that again, and I sware I'll end it forever." Vania closed her mouth in fear.

"I'm going to help you get away." I explained to her.

Her eyes immediately went to mine. "Why would you help me?"

"Why are you so suprised, Vania? Is it maybe because you tried to kill my husband and daughter?"

"You know."

"Of course I know. You're getting sloppy. I knew you would try to flee before the cops had a chance to arrest you. I'm not stupid, regardless of what you think. I knew the moment that drive got into the hands of authority you would know. I planned every move for now. Sad how everything you worked so hard to hide will be exposed tommorow."

"Where did you get it?"

"The only person in the world who would blindly trust. Your beloved son, Charles."

"My son would have never done this to me."

"But he did. He actually had some remorse for what happened. All that guilt ate at him. He took his own life Vania. Did you know that? He purposely crashed the car. It wasn't an accident."

Tears were in her eyes. "No." She shook her head. "No. No. No."

I had tears well up in my own eyes. "I blamed myself for it, but you know what? I realized it wasn't my fault. It was yours all along. You were the mastermind behind everything. That voice that whispered in his ear to do things he would have never done on his own. You killed him, Vania. You did all of that on your own."

She loss balance as she cried in pain. "No... Charles, no." She stood up and composed herself, but you could still see the pain in her eyes. "Damn the day you came into my son's life." She spat out with rage. "I should have just let you die all those times I had a chance."

"Even after everything. You're never going to apologize. Even when theres no where else to turn to, you rather let your pride win." I shook my head in shock. "What kind of person are you?" This isn't the way it was supposed to go.

"You expect me to apologize to you? You people ruined my family."

"No. We didn't. You hold this grudge against us when you're the one that ruined it to begin with. What happened in the past with your husband and my father was business. Just because you lost it, and your status for a short time, didn't mean it was our fault. But you blamed me anyways. Do you understand what you did? Do have any sort of acknowledgement that what you did was wrong. Vania, I was carrying your grandson when you push me down those stairs. I trusted you when I married Charles. I turned my back on my family for him. Why couldn't you see that? You were welcomed in society when I married him. He became the head of the company for just being my husband. And that still wasn't enough for you. How could you be so cruel?"

That shut her up, but her eye blared with anger. Even after my speech she still doesn't get it. And if she doesn't now, she never will. It will only be a matter of time before she comes back and finishes what she started. This time she won't have anything to lose.

"Get her on the ship." The woman is still have yet to know the name of, orders the men.

They put her on the ship, and she didn't even struggle. I heard the engine roared to life. Slowly the ship merged to the sea. Vania kept her eyes to me before she was pushed between the cargo where I no longer had a view to her. I stared at the boat as it continued to get further and further away.

"Ready." She stated more than asked.

I nodded. She held the radio up. "Now." Her order was clear. In the distance I heard the gunshot.

The radio beeped. "Done." A man reported back.

"Clear." She ordered again.

This wasn't the way it was supposed to go. She was supposed to apologize or show some regret. She was supposed to promise never to come back. She was supposed to let everything finally go. But Vania didn't have it in her, and I won't risk my family getting hurt because she couldn't move on. I wouldn't allow it.

I walked back to the car and opened the trunk. I took out the three duffle bags Marcus prepared. I threw them on the floor. She place a small device in each of them. I couldn't guess what. She stood up straight.

"I don't have to warn you what happens of you talk."

"You don't." I agreed.

"Good. Again, tell Marcus the debt has been paid. Right now the men that worked for that woman will be surrending themselves to the feds. After that, we no longer have any loose ends to cover."

"I understand." She nodded. And turned around with the duffle bags in hand. She went into the Van and left. I stood there taking one last look to the ship that was barley visable anymore. For all anyone will know, Vania fled out of the country, never to be found again.

I got into the car and drove back to the mansion. I didn't notice I was gone for two hours. When the secruity guards let me though without so much as a question, I knew what was coming my way. He knows.

Before I even had a chance to open the door after parking, Omer threw the door open and pulled me out roughly. He close the door and pushed me up against the car. "What the hell is wrong with you?" He yelled at me. He had crazed eyes. I was caged between him and the car.

"Omer-"

"Fuck, Cora. Do you understand what is happening right now? Do you have any idea what could happen to you?"

"Just let me talk. Please."

"The time for talking is over. Get inside." He pointed to the entry way.

"Omer-"

"Now!" He yelled.

I never seen him so unhinged before. I left him there. I walked into the mansion. Andrea, Marcus, Chloe, and Eddie waited by the entrance. They didn't need to say anything. They all knew what I did was wrong, even if Marcus was in on it, he had to play his part as well.

Chloe stepped forward with curiosity. "Where were you?"

"I need to get a couple of things done. I'm sorry I worried you. I'm going to go to bed, okay?"

"Sure." She said.

"Cora-" Eddie extended his arm and stopped me from moving forward. I turned my head to the side to meet his eyes. We stared at eachother like we were having a silent conversation. Then his realization became clear. "What did-?"

"It's done." I whispered low enough for only him to hear.

He put down his arm and I continued my way up the stairs and to my room. I took a shower and changed into a flowy night gown. I blow dried my hair until it was flawless. I took a long look into the mirror. My eyes looked tired. My face was paler than usual. My red hair was dull. The woman I see is so different the vibrant girl I was just a few years ago. The one who was loving life. The one who rebeled against her family for love. The one who thought nothing could happen to her. The one who saw no evil.

To think I was that girl. Now that girl is dead. This woman before me will love life again because she's lived in horror. She will always love first  because that's all that ever mattered. She will change because of her experiences and love life tot he fullest. She will be strong, but she will never wear a mask again. That woman will no longer care about what the world has to say, she will be free. Starting tommorow I will live for me. My chaotic chapter is finished.

"A few men surrendered. They say they worked for Vania Blair. They're giving their statements right now. Something tells me you already know that." I turned to Omer who stood on the doorway of the bathroom.

"I do." I declared. No more secrets, I whispered to myself. "I handled it." I stood up and straightened my dress. I walked to him stopping just a breath alway.

"How did you know who to find?" He asked.

"That doesn't matter now. It's over."

"It's not over if she's still out there."

I gave him a meaningful look. "Omer, It's over." His eyes showed the same realization Eddie had just a few moments ago.

"Cora-" He looked worried for me.

I place my hand on his cheek, stopping him. "I want to be happy again. Just us and the family we create. No more pain."

"Where is she, Cora?" He asked, but his tone showed that he didn't want to actually know.

"She's gone." I simply said. He knew the double meaning to my words almost instantly.

"What did you do?" It was a rhetorical question. I know him enough to know he's worried that I could get caught.

"I didn't do anything to her." Technically, I didn't. Those men did.

He pulled me to him. "We will move to Kąs and start our lives there." He stated.

I pulled away slightly and looked up at him with hopeful eyes. "You mean it?" I asked.

He caressed my face in his hands. "I mean it." He smiled. I felt the tears made their way down my face in happiness. I felt his lips crash into mine. It was filled with so much want, need, and love. I felt faint, but I wanted more. He slid his hands under my thighs and lifted me up. My legs wrapped around his torso tightly as we kissed. His lips trailing down my neck.

I felt the bed sink under my weight as he climbed on top. He roughly ripped the bottom of my dress for access as I loosened his belt and tugged his pants down. I moaned at the feel of his hands all over me. His kisses eager to claim mines.

"I love you, Verdell." He whispered, looking down at me.

"And I you, Aslan."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 4.6K 35
Being married to billionaire Dominic Lewis gives Savannah Lewis everything one could dream of. Money, diamonds, luxury, and a glamorous lifestyle-the...
54.9K 3.3K 22
Theo is determined to get back the shares his father left to his whore Eleanor simply because they belong to his family. So he recruits his friend Ja...
1.1M 29.7K 59
TW: mature themes and strong language, violence, sexual assault, self harm, manipulation, death, grief, etc. NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART. ...
636K 23.1K 42
After five years of being married to Theo Taylor, one of the richest men in the world, Adeline is tired. Tired of the different women wondering throu...