One Daunting Night

By dreamingofmars

(This story is horrifying and horrible I dearly suggest you never open in because not only is it written terr... More

Pre-face
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36 - Part 1
Chapter 36 - Part 2
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41 - Mature.
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue

Chapter 41

76.6K 2.1K 205
By dreamingofmars

Chapter 41 - unedited

*Thursday 30th June*

He tasted like bittersweet champagne. The taste almost blowing her mind to pieces as he wrapped his arms tighter around her waist, her arms reaching up and forcing his face closer to hers. She could feel his fingers play with the zipper on her back, and it riled up her stomach as if she were on a rollercoaster that was falling deep down into a pool of wonderfulness.

Whilst he leaned forward, she leaned back, as if the forcefulness of his kiss was about to tople her over to the ground. Xander was ecstatic with the feel of Ara's lips on his, finally, he had thought. After all they've been through, after two years of patiently waiting for her to trust, for her to heal what he had done, he could finally feel how she felt about him. He could feel, through his hands, through his entire body that she has let herself get to know him and let him have all of her.

And that was something he never wanted to stop feeling, all of her.

She could feel him practically swoop her off her feet, clutching her tight as if he'd never want to let go. She didn't want him to let go of her. The kiss was so heated and she felt his tongue slip into her mouth, revealing a sensational feeling rippling through her body. Such an instense, bittersweet kiss and in that moment she felt herself fall. Fall through the kiss and right into his heart where she knew she belonged.

They stop, breathing in heavy pants and hearts beating loudly beneath their chests but they don't step away, resting their foreheads against each other and Ara had the pleasure of looking into those beautiful purple eyes.

"I love you." She spilt, the words escaping her mouth before she could even register. Her eyes went wide as his lips broke into a beautiful smile.

"I love you too, Arabella." He whispered back, and her entire name on his tongue was possibly the only thing she wanted to hear. The sweet soft curls of the r's that he pronounces, that small flick he makes with the A, a little accent could be heard and that's all she really needed to keep her standing on her own two feet at this very moment.

"We should go in." She says, "I-I'd like to lay down." Before he could take it the wrong way as if she wanted to get away from him, she smiled and gently pecked his lips, catching him by surprise. "I mean, I'm just really tired and we should head up." Ara takes Xander's hand in hers, pulling him back the way they came through, remembering the path from when he led her in here.

Some people had decided to dine outside, allowing the moon to look directly down upon them. Xander slipped his hand away from Ara's, before placing a comforting arm around her waist, pulling her closer to him than before when they were walking out from the garden.

"Did you have fun?" Xander asked as they walked through the sea of people still dancing and mingling in the crowd. Ara looked right at him, a mischievous smile on her face.

"Oh I had a lot of fun." She whispered slyly but he could hear every implying hint hidden behind those words, and that made his heart race ever so slightly. His fingers began to dig in her side, and all he could really think was how did he survive so long resisting this clueless little vixen. "Be careful what you say in a room of people," he whispered softly, "you never know what could happen when you're with your mate around." Ara pursed her lips and stayed silent.

Too many people surrounded them, like a whole group of stuck-up snobby cock-blockers, in Xander's case, they are. Ara slightly felt the same way, starting to walk faster through the ball room. The mixed scent of sprayed on perfume and stinky body odor was starting to clog her nose and before she knew it, she sneezed.

Xander laughed, "That was a cute sneeze." She looked at him, eyebrow raised. "Really?" She asked, suppressing a laugh. Xander nodded and finally they walked beneath the tall golden entrance doors and once again were greeted by the warm summer breeze brushing against their skin.

The ball room was a separate room from the mansion Xander's family lived in, originally it was all one big castle with secret passages and tunnels that could take you to the other side of the castle in a matter of minutes. But over the last century, the place had been redesigned, with a leading path from the backyard to the gazebo then into the three story high hand-crafted building known as the ball room, similar to a function room.

Ara looked back, remembering how earlier in the night she was so surprised, wondering if the Ball Room was actually attached to the house, but actually it was a gorgeous separate room that brought all her fairytale dreams to life. Like most ball rooms, long red carpeted stairs led to a marble floor of dancing and chattery people and coincidentally a two large thrones draped in silky velvet and a golden frame that seemed to outshine everyone in the entire room.

Tonight, it was empty, as both the King and Queen were dancing their hearts out on the floor or talking to guests as if their social stance were nothing but just a simple title placed before their names.

"This is such a beautiful place, Xander," Ara whispered and Xander savoured the sound of his name rolling on her tongue, "I don't know how anyone could be hidden to such beauty." She laughed, realising how poetic that seemed to sound.

Xander smiled, "I'm glad you like it, Bella, but powerful witches keep the place hidden. It's like, there's a protective forcefield that tricks humans into seeing something else, and when they walk here, they walk right through it to the other side where they can't see it." He explains.

Her mouth turns into an 'O' shape. "That's good. Do you ever think one day they're going to let this forcefield go down?" Xander took in a deep breath and let it out, his arm tightening around Ara's body.

He looks down at her, purple eyes twinkling with the moonlight, also casting a shadow along his face. He looks so beautiful, Ara thought. "Maybe one day, maybe one day they will." And the words came out like a wish, or some sort of prayer and hope for the future where they will actually one day live in peace and harmony. But that day may be a while from now.

----------

Ara checked on Caleb quickly, looking through the open crack of the door. He was fast asleep on a large bed, by himself. Toys and pillows surrounded him like a barrier to protect him from rolling over and falling off. She walks in quietly, kissing his forehead and slowly walks out of the room, murmuring a small goodnight prayer to him.

In her own room, she knew Xander had gone to shower in the ensuite bathroom, the soft sound of water falling to the ground being heard through the door. She took the quick chance to attempt to unzip her dress, but it wouldn't budge at all.

After many attempts, Xander came out of the bathroom, running a hand through his wet hair and a towel around his hips, only being held up by his right hand. It was embarrassing, Ara being caught reaching both her hands behind her back in attempt to pull down the zipper of her dress and all Xander did was just stand there and laugh.

"Really? Laughing? Great." Ara muttered mostly to herself, but Xander caught it and kept on laughing while slowly walking closer. She grunts once more, trying to reach back but all else fails.

"Here let me help," Xander offers, "Turn around." She does so, facing her back towards him and she pulls her hair to the front, leaving a clear view of her back to Xander.

With slow and soft movements, Xander allows the tips of his fingers to caress her bare skin and push a little bit of stray hair to the side. The small trails of his hands sent shivers down her spine and the spots that he left untouched tingling with desire. She just wanted his touch.

It felt too soon to end, because gently Xander held onto the zipper and achingly slowly, he brought it down, further and further exposing more of her skin, right to the end of her back; also known as right above her butt. She curled her lower lip beneath her upper teeth, biting on it and clenching her hands in fists by her side. 

Xander brought his left hand and placed it on her shoulder and Ara took hold of it slowly, interlocking their fingers. And then he made her turn around, pulling her close against his bare body. 

They were both breathing hard as Ara's hands slowly trail up his chest, resting over the curve of his shoulders. "Thanks." She whispered, feeling her voice get lost. He smiled down at her and brushed her hair behind her ear and cupping her cheek. 

Her heart was beating fast. His touch was like electrifying sparks that seemed to make her skip a beat. 

"No problem." He replied right before pressing his mouth against hers for the second time tonight. Ara wasn't even caught by surprise, not even when her back hit the blankets on his bed and his towel was thrown on the floor. 

**********

A/N: I literally was waiting too long to write this scene and I wanted it to be perfect and precise and I don't think I did a very good job but I got the message across and I'm really starting to think about starting another book along with this one.

I'm not sure about making a sequel for ODN, I might just make this a longass book for all you lovelies to enjoy ;) 

Also, I'm getting a lot of homework lately and I like to draw so I do some requests for a few people on another site hahahah xxx won't like that though ;) and well, me and my rl friend were discussing a plan for this book and let me say, it left me breathless too. 

HI COURTNEY ARE YOU HAPPY I UPDATED. So yeah. And everyone should check out my friend Ash's book. @Ashhhpg. Her story is cute and adorable and I just OTP (~*3*)~ 

This chapter is so short and unedited omg lol 

ALSO IF U WANT A DETAIL SCENE, LET ME KNOW BECAUSE I"M NOT SURE IF I CAN ACTUALLY WRITE THAT EXPLICITLY. But I've read Fifty Shades of Grey, so guys, I think I'm pretty ready ;) hahhaha I'm not. But I will try if people want xx

-Rinnyhere <3

**2020: god who let 13yo me write smut

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 24.8K 51
Sheltered shifter Celeste runs away after disappointing her parents with another failure to secure a worthy mate bond, but she accidentally stumbles...
140K 3.2K 31
"Understand, little mate," Nathaniel's lips curled into a smile, "That I intend to fuck you on every surface of this house. There will not be a singl...
672K 17.7K 84
"Keira Akar, Alpha River Colden, banish you from the White Howlers. I never want to see you again." The Earth felt like it was swallowing me whole...
61.5K 1.4K 20
Celeste and Theo's lives are thrown into chaos when he discovers she's expecting a child just as their war with the Belrose pack commences and her ho...