Liars And Thieves

Od ashhhirwin

"๐Œ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ, ๐ˆ ๐๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐ฆ๐ž๐š๐ง ๐ญ๐จ ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ง๐ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ž ๐š๐ข๐ง'๐ญ ๐ง๐จ ๐›๐ž๐ญ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ง ๐ญ... Viac

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Author's Note

Chapter 53

446 14 8
Od ashhhirwin

"I found her, Dutch," Arthur grumbled as the three of the walked into camp, Charles providing support for Grace. Charles and Grace slowly followed behind, Charles ensuring Grace was okay with the speed they were going at.

"What? Grace, what happened?" Dutch asked, looking past Arthur to Grace. Grace kept her mouth shut as her eyes trailed off towards Micah who was now warned by Grace's presence. His jaw tightened as he continued to sit by Dutch's tent. 

"The O'Driscolls shot her, she hid out for a while to make sure they weren't following her," Arthur explained. Grace could tell by how tense he was, Arthur was trying his best not to race past Dutch and beat Micah to a pulp. "Charles and I went looking and found her to our luck."

"Is she okay?" Dutch asked before looking past Arthur again and at Grace. "Are you okay?" He rephrased, not meaning to shut her out. She gave him a nod, approving that she was okay. The wound hadn't become infected yet so she was most likely going to be fine. Dutch looked back to Arthur, lowering his voice. "Have you told her about Colm?"

"No, not yet," Arthur answered. Grace frowned, growing concerned. Was Colm dead? Did Sadie find him? Dutch gave Arthur a nod.

"Alright, well make sure you tell her," Dutch reminded. Arthur nodded before waving Charles to follow him. Charles continued to help Grace, guiding her to her cot in the tent her and Arthur shared. She hadn't gotten around to purchasing new equipment for her since her tent ripped at Shady Bell and a peg went missing. Although, she didn't mind staying with Arthur. Charles placed her down carefully on the cot before dismissing himself, Arthur sat down at the end of the cot. He lifted her legs so her legs covered his lap. 

"When..." Arthur began before trailing off. His voice lowered now. "When Sadie... I went and scoped out Sisika, Sadie found out that Colm is imprisoned in Saint Denis.He is meaning to get lynched in the town square," Arthur explained. Grace raised an eyebrow. She knew Colm had gotten caught many times before but he escaped every lynching. This one was going to be no different. 

"And what about John?" Grace asked, also keeping her voice low. Arthur gave her a small nod, placing a hand on one of her knees.

"We're getting him out tomorrow. I think we can do it, you can come if you want but I don't want to push you after being sh-"

"I'll come," Grace finished him off. Arthur gave her a nod and a small smirk.

"I knew you would," Arthur chuckled. Grace grinned at him before frowning. Arthur said he had scoped out Sisika but how? If he went over to the island he would've gotten caught, killed or shot. 

"How did you get to Sisika?" Grace questioned. Arthur chuckled, shaking his head slightly before looking at her again.

"Hot air balloon. Sadie's idea," Arthur explained. Grace thought he was joking but he wasn't as no laughter followed. Grace scoffed at surprise.

"So while I've been hiding, you've been flying in the sky," she joked which caused Arthur to grin. "Does Charles know about us breaking John out?" Grace asked, turning the topic back onto track. Arthur shook his head.

"No, just us three and Abigail," Arthur answered. "I know I can trust Charles but I think it's safe just to keep it between us."

"Okay," Grace nodded, approving Arthur's reason. Arthur stood up, moving her legs off of him as he did so before turning to face her again. 

"Meet at the dock by the abandoned building not too far from here, Sadie told me she has a boat there waiting for tomorrow," Arthur informed. He moved towards her, placing a kiss on her forehead before hurrying off. She didn't know where he was off to in such a hurry but she knew there was no reason to worry.

-

"So you're joining us?" Sadie greeted Grace as Grace dismounted. She walked over to Sadie to find her sitting on the dock. Grace grinned at her, giving her a nod.

"Yep, my leg will hold up, it's going to have to," Grace sighed. Her leg wasn't in pain but she knew if she opened the wound up that would be a problem. Sadie nodded at her before unholstering her pistol and grabbing the cloth from her breast pocket on her shirt. "So, whats the plan?"

"Well, we're going to take this boat into Sisika," Sadie explained, rubbing the cloth on the barrel of the revolver. "Arthur said John should be working out in the fields since he saw him the other day. We head on over to the field, cut John loose and get out of there. Easy as can be," Sadie grinned as she looked back up at Grace from her pistol. He grin turned into a frown as her eyes moved past Grace. "What is she doing?" Sadie growled. Grace turned around to see Abigail riding up to them.

"Shit," Grace muttered under her breath before turning back to Sadie. "How'd she know we were here?" Grace questioned, Sadie responding with a shrug.

"No idea but she finds out everything," Sadie muttered before shouting out to Abigail. "Abigail! What are you doing here?"

"What am I doing here?" Abigail mimicked as she stormed past Grace and up to Sadie. Grace quickly jumped out of the woman's way. "Why didn't you lot tell me, huh?" Abigail began.

"Because I knew you would worry, it was best you didn't know," Sadie attempted to calm Abigail. Abigail shook her head in disbelief.

"He is my husband! I need to come," Abigail explained. Grace immediately shook her head, stepping in to the conversation.

"No, that's not happening," Grace declined. Abigail spun around to her, Grace immediately regretting speaking up to the enraged woman.

"Excuse me?" Abigail questioned, her eyebrows furrowing down further. "I don't think you understand! This is John and I need to ensure he gets back safe!" Abigail continued, her hands resting on her hips as she attempted to make herself look intimidating. 

"She's right, you ain't coming," Sadie agreed. Abigail immediately spun back around to Sadie, completely forgetting about Grace. Grace heard hooves approaching and she looked over her shoulder to see Arthur riding over. 

"The thing is Sadie I really can't..." Abigail paused as she began to grow frustrated with being told no. "I must come, he's my husband!"

"I know he's your husband but it's gonna be..." Sadie trailed off, spotting Arthur as he approached the group on the dock.

"I insist!" Abigail growled, trying to stand her ground against Sadie and Grace. 

"Insist all you like, ain't happening!" Sadie snapped, sounding like a Mother talking to her child. Grace chuckled slightly, finding the argument the two of them were getting in to be humorous. "Arthur, tell her," Sadie acknowledge Arthur as he joined the group, getting up from her seat. Arthur gave Grace a look of confusion to what they were arguing about and why Abigail was here. 

"Tell her what?" Arthur asked with a sigh, turning his attention to Sadie.

"She ain't coming with us to collect her husband," Sadie answered, holstering her pistol as she said so. 

"I-" Abigail began before Arthur immediately stopped her. 

"Abigail, you ain't coming," he cut her off, waving Grace to follow him and Sadie. Grace gave Abigail a sympathetic look as she followed the others, Abigail turning around to follow also. "That's the end of the matter."

"See, there, you heard him," Sadie continued as Abigail stood their in denial. "Now let's go."

"You sure we can't bring her?" Grace asked immediately having all eyes on her. "The extra gun might be handy," Grace pointed out, not liking being on the spot. Arthur shrugged before Sadie quickly jumped in.

"We'll be fine, we don't need the hassle of getting five of us out of there instead of four," Sadie dismissed Grace's idea. Abigail gave Grace an appreciated look and Grace gave the woman a nod as Arthur held a hand out to Grace from the boat to help her in. 

"But-" Abigail began again.

"But nothing," Sadie cut her off as she held the the rope that held the boat to the dock. "It'll be quicker and easier with just the three of us," Sadie answered, trying to prove to Abigail that she didn't need to come with us. "Plus, John will be calmer without worrying about you," Sadie added. Arthur held a hand out to Sadie to help her on the boat but she shooed his hand away, hoping in the boat herself. Abigail held the rope, still wanting to help in some way. "Ain't complicated," she looked back at Abigail as she got into the boat. Grace sat down beside Sadie, Arthur sitting up towards the nose of the boat.

"Well..." Abigail began before pausing and continuing. "Well I ain't the crying sort, but," Abigail began, her voice cracking as she tried to speak confidently and loudly. Grace could tell Abigail was holding back tears. "I'm real grateful," Abigail threw the rope back to the boat as the three of them began to drift away. 

"We know you are, we'll bring him back to you," Sadie nodded to her before waving to her. 

"Head back to camp, no need waiting here," Grace added on to Sadie. Abigail nodded at Grace, signalling she would go back to camp. 

"Thank you!" Abigail called out again before the boat drifted further away. Arthur waved to Abigail which she waved back before turning back to her horse. 

"Alright, here goes nothing," Arthur announced a he took the ores, paddling the boat towards Sisika. "The place is surrounded by marshland, should hopefully give us a bit of cover to move in close enough to find a spot to look for John." Arthur observed. "This time of day, prisoners will probably be working the fields."

"Then all we gotta do is take out all the guards and row our way out of there. Seems simple enough," Sadie planned. Arthur nodded in agreement.

"We need to move quick though, reinforcements will most likely hear the shots if we fire our weapons," Grace informed. Sadie nodded in agreement, Arthur also agreeing. 

"How many times, Marston?" Arthur questioned out loud. Grace chuckled, remember Arthur and Javier saved John when the gang was hiding out in the mountains. That was the day after Sadie joined them. 

-

As Sisika came into view with every stroke, Grace's nerves began to kick in. Sure, the plan seemed simple but anything can happen. 

"Okay, bring us over," Sadie kept her voice low as they neared the shoreline of Sisika. Sadie pointed to a hidden spot to hide the boat in hope that the three of them wouldn't be seen. Arthur paddled the boat over before jumping out and beginning to pull the boat up onto the shore. Sadie and Grace quickly jumped out, helping him to ensure the boat would float away with the tide. The three of them ducked down. "We good?" Sadie asked as she scooted over to Arthur.

"Uh huh, he answered as he gave the boat a final push before giving a reassured nod. As the two of them made sure the boat was stable, Grace was already taking in their surroundings.

"That watchtower could be useful," Grace pointed out, pointing to the tower not too far away from them. Sadie looked over in the direction Grace was pointing in before nodding in agreement. 

"Let's head for that watchtower," Sadie agreed.

"Okay," Arthur agreed as he followed Grace and Sadie. Sadie led the way, moving quickly but quietly. As they neared the tower, a human figure came into view, signalling the tower wasn't alone. 

"There's a guard up there," Sadie warned, keeping her voice low. 

"I'll deal with him," Arthur offered. Sadie nodded at him, liking that.

"Okay, I'll follow you up," Sadie added. 

"I'll stay at the ladder, keep an eye out for wandering guards," Grace announced. Arthur and Sadie both agreed that Grace's idea was a good one as the three of them continued over to the tower. As they reached the ladder, Arthur jumped up, skipping a rung as he climbed up with ease but silently. Grace felt herself hold her breath as she didn't know what to expect. Her and Sadie waited together silently at the bottom of the ladder before Arthur called out to Sadie, announcing to them that the guard was now taken care of. Grace finally felt herself breath again as Sadie quickly climbed up the ladder. Grace kept low, holding her rifle in her hands as she scanned the area around them, keeping an eye out for guards. Grace could hear the faint voices of Arthur and Sadie speaking above her, she couldn't make out what they were saying though. She kept her eyes peeled, making sure she kept her friends safe. Grace jumped when she heard a gun shot above her, meaning one of them shot. She was about to shout up to them when another one followed. Once the gun shot fell silent she heard Sadie.

"Nice," Sadie praised. After a few silent moments an alarm started to ring from the prison. The guards were now aware of them invading. Grace began to panic.

"We should hurry!" She called up to them, now standing up from her crouching position. 

"Wait, shit! I don't think that was John!" Sadie cussed in annoyance. 

"Let's go over there and see," Arthur insisted as he headed to the ladder. Grace watched as the prisoners that were on the field began to scatter, hoping they could run away. Sadie began to climb down the ladder.

"Okay, come on. I think one of those guards were still moving," Sadie added as she slid down the ladder. Arthur followed, Sadie placed a hand on Grace's shoulder when she reached the bottom of the ladder. "You seen anything?"

"No except for fleeing prisoners. We should've done it quietly!" Grace hissed as Arthur joined them now. Sadie gave her a single nod before waving them to follow her.

"I know but we need to move, now," Sadie agreed. Grace was annoyed that they hadn't done it quietly but how else would they have been able to take the guards out without being seen. Maybe it was the right call. The group ran from the tower and towards the field, not caring if they get spotted now. The alarm was screaming meaning the prison was in lock down. 

"Come on, you two, let's keep moving!" Sadie encouraged them to keep up with her. Sadie was quick, a lot quicker than Grace and Arthur. It surprised Grace with how quick Sadie was, it was like she was born for this moment. 

"Where is he?" Arthur asked as they reached the field, looking around for John. Sadie approached the guard she thought she had seen moving, kicking his gun away from him. Grace hurried over the the other downed guard, making sure he was dead. Grace reached down on his neck for a pulse but he wasn't responsive. She began to search his pockets in hope to find something that could be useful. While she listened to Sadie demand the dying guard for John's location, Grace's fingers latched onto a piece of paper. She tugged it out of his uniform pocket and unfolded it, reading a list of names. John's name wasn't there.

"He ain't working today, this list says so. This is a list of the workers and he isn't on it," Grace announced before noticing Sadie was held at gunpoint. Grace froze, quickly silencing herself. 

"Put the gun down, lady," the guard demanded Sadie. Sadie slowly turned around to him, holding her hands up but not putting her gun down. "And you, stay over there," he spat towards Grace. Grace held a smirk as she watched Arthur approach the man quietly from behind.

"No..." Arthur sneered, jamming his revolver into the back of the guard.The guard gasped in shock, freezing. "You put the gun down," Arthur demanded. "Now!" The guard slowly moved the ground, dropping the gun and standing back up with his hands in the air. Grace joined the group, keeping her revolver in her hand ready. The guard began to mutter as he realised he was now in trouble. Arthur wrapped a firm arm around the man's neck, using him as a shield and aiming his revolver at the man's head. "Where's John Marston?" Arthur questioned him. The guard began to struggle to breath as he panicked before finally speaking.

"He ain't in the work detail today," the guard answered, his voice shaky.

"Okay, well I guess we'll go and get him together," Arthur began walking and the guard struggled before continuing with him. Arthur continued to hold the man at gun point and close to him. Grace and Sadie walked ahead of them, keeping Arthur guarded. "Try anything and I'll blow your damn head off, you clear on that?" Arthur warned. 

"Yes... very clear," the guard answered, still fearing for his life. A guard came into view, running around the corner of what looked to be a barn.

"Sadie, take care of him," Grace nodded at the guard that spotted them. Sadie looked at Grace, giving her a grin before looking at the guard ahead of them.

"Oh no you don't," Sadie warned him. The guard continued to aim his gun at her, trying to threaten her but she continued to stroll up to him. He knew he couldn't shoot when one of his co workers had a gun to his head, it would be a death wish. Sadie snatched the gun out of his hands before knocking him out with her pistol. She did a small jog to catch up to the group.

"Why don't you apologise to the lady for pointing a gun at her?" Arthur asked the guard, continuing to push him forward to the prison.

"Excuse me?" He questioned.

"I said apologise," Arthur grunted at him, warning him that he had a gun to his head. 

"I'm sorry ma'am," the guard apologised, the apology was forced though but Grace knew it was the only apology Sadie would get. 

"Ain't no harm done," Sadie brushed it off. Sadie pointed to the two guards ahead of them, watching the group approach them. Grace nodded, noticing them also.

"So where do we go?" Arthur asked the guard he had captured.

"Towards the entrance, I guess," he answered again. The guards ahead of them held their guns up to show they meant no harm. Grace and Sadie ran ahead of Arthur and up to the guards. As Arthur continued to question the guard, Sadie went for the guard and Grace went for the guard on the left. Grace snatched the gun off of the guard and aimed her revolver at him.

"You're going to watch this," she hissed to him which Sadie laughed. Sadie snatched the gun from the other guard before knocking him out with his rifle. The guard Grace aimed her gun at gasped in shock.

"You killed him!" He cried out. Both the woman chuckled at him, Grace shook her head.

"For an officer you're quite dumb. He's knocked out, like you will be too," Grace hissed before hitting her revolver across his face and watching him fall to the ground.

"What an idiot," Sadie joked before the two of them ran back to Arthur. 

"I look forward to meeting him," Grace heard Arthur continuing to talk to the guard. She wasn't surprised that he was still talking to the guard, Arthur likes to torment others.

"They're...they're not gonna let you do this," The guard warned.

"Well that's going to be up to you my friend," Arthur threatened. Grace held back another smirk, he was scaring the guard even though he was most likely going to be fine.

"You know, I always thought people who work for the government are meant to brave, turns out they just hide behind their uniform," Grace hissed at the man as Arthur continued forward. "I'm starting to think they're hiring anyone, including cowards like you these days."

"I wish I could say you're wrong..." the man trailed off as Arthur laughed at his response. 

"So are you a popular employee, my friend?" Arthur asked him.

"Not especially... and we ain't friends," The man corrected Arthur.

"Well I guess we're about to find out," Arthur sighed. "If we ain't friends, friend, that means your my enemy. I'm going to call you my friend as I think that's what you'd prefer."

"Come on, march him straight up to the front gate!" Sadie ordered as they reached the bridge that crossed to the Prison. 

"We better hope someone in there actually gives a damn about this fool," Arthur called out to Sadie.

"Guess we'll see. We're gonna have to shoot our way out of here, regardless," Sadie pointed out. Grace knew Sadie was right, no matter how this goes they were going to have to shoot their way out. 

"Don't shoot!" The guard shouted up to the guards scoping from the top of the prison wall. A guard stood with his hands up at the end of the bridge.

"Grace," Sadie muttered to her, giving her the go. Grace marched over to the guard, her revolver crashing against his head and knocking him out. Grace joined Sadie's side, the two of them aiming their guns up at the prison guards who aimed down at them. 

"Okay, friend, be cool now. Just do as I say," Arthur instructed. 

"Drop the goddamn guns!" Sadie ordered as her and Grace moved closer to the Prison. 

"Jameson!" Arthur yelled as he finally stopped moving towards the Prison. Grace and Sadie both stopped, continuing to watch the guards on top as Arthur held the guard captive. There was no movement. "Is Jameson in?" Arthur asked, still yelling.

"He's in Saint Denis," One guard informed him.

"They got Milliken!" Another guard pointed out to the guard. 

"Got him and going to kill him," Arthur warned as the guards continued to flood in the top of the gate. "Unless you bring me John Marston! Right now," Arthur demanded. "You got one minute. I'm counting," he announced. "One. Two. Three," Arthur stopped counting before lowering his voice to Milliken. "Uh, Milliken is it?"

"Yes, sir."

"Will you count for me? I got talking to do."

"Yes, sir. Of course, sir," Milliken agreed. The man hesitated before counting, finally turning back to Arthur. "From one or four, sir?" 

"Oh, very funny. We must be at eleven by now," Arthur hissed, moving his revolver towards his head slightly. 

"Eleven. Twelve." Milliken began, trying to remain calm before bursting into a fit of tears. "Thirteen..."

"Faster!" Arthur demanded.

"Fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen," He began to sob uncontrollably. 

"Now hurry up!" Arthur shouted back up to the guards, already growing sick of the man crying. 

"Eighteen."

"Or this poor fool's gonna get his brains shot out," as Arthur warned them, Milliken's crying began to get louder. Grace sighed loudly which caused Sadie to chuckle slightly. "And over what? For nothing." Arthur lowered his voice again to Milliken. "M-Milliken, don't stop counting, I can't hear you."

"Hurry up and bring that asshole out here you bastards!" Milliken pleaded to his friends. "Come on!" He sobbed more.

"Don't cry, buddy," Arthur ordered.

"I don't wanna die." Milliken cried. Arthur looked at Grace and Sadie who were both grinning from ear to ear at the poor guard.

"Yeah I know, I know," Arthur comforted, patting the man on the shoulder. Arthur's eyes rested on the gate, realising John was approaching. "Hey...hey! John!" Arthur pointed out to the women. 

"Hello, you three," John greeted as he waddled out, his ankles shackled together. Sadie ran over to him, Grace keeping them covered in case the guards began shooting. Sadie pushed his feet apart with a boot before shooting the chain, breaking the chain so John could walk normally. 

"Now, no funny business!" Arthur ordered the guards as John ran to Grace, Sadie backing away from the prison cautiously as she aimed her gun up. "Or Mr. Milliken here will stop crying once and for all." John grabbed Grace's arm, signally her to start following him. Grace began to hurry after John, Sadie close behind. Grace heard Arthur mutter something to Milliken before gun shots went off, all four of them ducking for cover. 

"John, take my pistol!" Sadie offered, handing him her pistol. The four of them all fired up at the guards who were shooting down at them, Sadie yelling orders at the group to keep them alive. Grace had to admit, Sadie had this all planned out well even if getting shot at wasn't ideal. Once a few of the guards were taken care of, Sadie placed a hand on John's shoulder and the other on Grace's shoulder before yelling across to Arthur. "Cover us! John, Grace, let's move!"

With that Arthur covered them, Grace quickly pushed John in front of her to follow Sadie. Sadie led John to the bridge, Grace close behind. Grace ran backwards, firing at the Prison guards to try and provide some cover for Arthur so he wasn't the only one shooting. Grace noticed that guards were now moving out of the prison.

"Sadie! John! Arthur needs us!" Grace shouted out to them. She knew the two of them turned around to see what's going on. Grace looked back ahead of her to see barrels and boxes just off of the bridge. "Quick, get behind those!" As the three of them got down, they all began to shoot at the Prison.

"We got you covered, Arthur! Come on!" Sadie shouted across the bridge to him. Within a few seconds, Grace caught glimpse of Arthur running towards them in the corner of her eye as she shot at a guard. As Arthur got into cover with Grace, guards began to attempt to cross the bridge. Grace and Arthur immediately caught on to them, shooting at them. At this stage, Grace didn't know how many guards she had killed. All she knew a lot more were going to die. Sadie yelled at them to follow but Grace was so concentrated she hadn't heard her. She was only brought back to reality when Arthur dragged her to her feet, carrying her a few steps before she finally found her feet and began to run with them. As more guards approached, some riding on horses the group continued to fight their way back to the boat, eventually getting there without anyone getting hurt. 

"You always seem to need rescuing, Marston!" Arthur grumbled as the group pushed the boat off of the shore to get it back into the water. 

"Nice to see you, Arthur," John joked as he climbed into the boat. Sadie and Grace both jumped into the boat as Arthur walked back to the front of the boat where it was still stuck on the shore. 

"Ah, there's some fellers coming here don't look too friendly, we best get out of here," Arthur announced, talking quickly as he pushed the boat into the water. Sadie grabbed the ores as Arthur jumped in.

"Come on, everyone, let's move. I'll row, you shoot" She offered, already paddling before announcing it. 

"Seriously?" Arthur argued. Grace turned around to him, slapping him on the shoulder lightly.

"Arthur, don't argue just shoot!" Grace ordered. Arthur was already grabbing his gun by the strap as he swung it off of his shoulder, cocking a bullet into place as he waited for the guards to come into view. 

"Right, fine. You just relax and enjoy yourself, John," Arthur scoffed in annoyance. "Leave the real work for them as can still handle it."

"Thanks," John added sarcastically. Grace frowned at Arthur before turning to John.

"Ignore him, Arthur's just grumpy," Grace comforted. John chuckled which Sadie held back a laugh as Arthur huffed in annoyance. 

-

After what seemed like hours, the boat finally arrived back to the dock. Sadie jumped out of the boat, grabbing the rope and tying it on to the dock. Grace was relieved to see Abigail had stuck to her word and returned to camp. 

"You know, I think I liked you better when you was all trussed up like a prize chicken," Arthur joked as he helped John out of the boat. 

"No doubt," John scoffed as he turned to Arthur who had climbed out and offered a hand to Grace. Grace took Arthur's hand and he pulled her on to the dock. 

"Arthur, leave him alone," Grace warned to them as she pushed past both of the men.

"Oh, hurry up!" Sadie scolded at the two men who had been bickering the entire journey back. Grace was already heade to Kaya as Sadie continued to get the men moving. "They're gonna be on our tail soon enough if you boys keep wasting time."

"That's us told then," Arthur commented with a sigh before hurrying after them. Sadie and Arthur both helped John up onto Sadie's horse.

"Hey, Arthur," John called out to him as Arthur walked around to his own horse. "Thank you," John finally thanked him as he sat upright on the back of Sadie's horse. Sadie mounted in the saddle in front of John as Arthur mounted his horse. 

"Don't mention it," Arthur nodded at him.

"Let's go," Sadie announced before the group headed for the road. "We should get out of here before the law catch wind of this."

The ride home was long but long enough to explain everything to John, how Abigail was safe as well as Jack and that Lenny died too. Arthur explained to him that they managed to escape on a boat and then they got stranded on an island, losing the money to the ocean. Grace explained to John that things with Dutch weren't too good and that showed when she helped Molly leave the country to go back home which then led to Arthur warning him about Dutch not wanting them to break John out of prison. 

The group rode into camp, Sadie stopping Bob by Abigail and John's tent which Abigail rushed out immediately at the sight of their return.

"You brought him back to me," Abigail cried out in joy. Sadie dismounted, turning to Abigail.

"We told you we would," She grinned as Abigail jumped at the man as soon as he was off of the horse, hugging him. He returned the embrace, relieved to finally see her again. 

"John!" Dutch boomed from by his tent, seeing the man in his prison clothes. "What are you doing here?" He demanded, Micah in tow. Grace rolled her eyes to see Micah following, having to be Dutch's little pet. Abigail and John met with Dutch and Micah as Arthur and Grace walked over. 

"Good to see you too, partner," John spat with venom. 

"I meant I hadn't sent for you yet," Dutch cleared, not wanting to sound cruel. 

"We went," Arthur announced as him and Grace joined the group, Micah and Dutch immediately turning to them. 

"But I said that-"

"Yeah, I know what you said," Arthur cut him off. "I felt different."

"Is that so?" Dutch questioned, quickly giving Grace a look also. "You too? You're still pushing my buttons after Molly?" Grace ignored him, refusing to speak up.

"Yes," Arthur answered, stepping closer to Dutch. 

"And when springing John brings the law down on all of us what then, Arthur?" He continued to question Arthur, growing angry within the minute.

"Well I guess we'll have another fight on our hands."

The two of them stared down each other for a few moments before Dutch finally spoke up.

"Loyalty, Arthur, it ain't..." Dutch paused as he looked away from Arthur for a moment. "I had a goddamn plan!" Dutch roared in anger before turning his attention back to John. "John...John. You are my brother, you are my son. I was coming for you-"

"They..." John cut him off, silencing himself to calm himself before speaking again. "They was talking of hanging me, Dutch." Abigail immediately went to march forward but John put an arm out, stopping her from going any further. Her face was scowling at Dutch, the most vicious look Abigail had ever given anyone.

"They was talking..." Dutch began as he backed away. "They was talking," he repeated louder. "And now they may come and hang us all," Dutch growled before turning to head back to his tent, Micah giving the group a final look, his eyes lingering on Grace longer than the others before he followed Dutch. Grace swallowed the lump in her throat as Micah backed away. Abigail grabbed John's arm, leading him back to their tent. Dutch kicked up the dirt furiously.

"We did what was right," Grace whispered, stepping closer to him. He wouldn't look at her, still regretting the actions they did. Grace stepped closer to him, inches away from his face as she grabbed his face gently, turning him to look at her. "We did the right thing."

Pokraฤovaลฅ v ฤรญtanรญ

You'll Also Like

24.9K 666 19
COMPLETED!!โœ”๏ธ This is an Arthur Morgan X reader story, with you as the main character. You work as a brothel lady in the town called Valentine, and y...
59 1 4
"Love, (Y/n)? You don't mean that...?" His voice trails off and you see the gears in the mechanism of his mind turn as he realizes what you mean. His...
60.5K 2.1K 42
Isabella Monroe is a college student who is struggling to make ends meet. She works constantly and college is giving her a real kick in the pants.. ...
53.6K 1.9K 31
"๐‘€๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ˆ, ๐’ท๐’ถ๐’น ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘”๐“ˆ ๐“Œ๐’พ๐“๐“ ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“…๐“…๐‘’๐“ƒ ๐“‰๐‘œ ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š ๐’พ๐’ป ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š ๐’ถ๐’พ๐“ƒ'๐“‰ ๐’ฝ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“‰." แด€แดœแด…ส€แด‡ส แด…แด€แด ษชs, แด€ สแดแดœษดษข ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿผ สแด‡แด€ส€ แดสŸแด… ษชs sษดแด€แด›แด„สœแด‡แด…...