How I Fell for the Player

By BrittanyLeigh8

Shannon Lane and Austin Burke are complete opposites. Shannon is the ordinary girl who is looking for the per... More

Chapter 1- The Party
Chapter 2- The Mall
Chapter 3-The Date
Chapter 4- Who is coming to dinner?
Chapter 5- A Nice Little Dinner Party
Chapter 6- Playing Along
Chapter 7- Answers
Chapter 8- Chorus, Auditions, and Terms
Chapter 9- Terms and Conditions
Chapter 10- Movie Night
Chapter 11- The New Girl
Chapter 12- All Things Revealed
Chapter 13- Does he like me?
Chapter 14- Teen Mom
Chapter 15- Rumor Has It
Chapter 16- Good Time
Chapter 18- An Unexpected Arrival
Chapter 19- The Halloween Party
Chapter 20- No Escaping This Hell
Chapter 21- Explanations
Chapter 22- Forgiven
Chapter 23- Matchmaker
Epilogue

Chapter 17- Another Date

135K 2.1K 138
By BrittanyLeigh8

(Chapter 17- Another Date)

"You look so pretty." Tins Squealed.

"Thank you." I smiled. "Can I look now?"

Tins nodded her head and motioned to the full body mirror in the corner of the room. I was able to pick out one of her dresses to wear but the makeup and hair was all her. She wouldn't even let me see it until she was finished.

Once I was within 5 feet of the mirror I could see myself plainly. I couldn't believe how good I looked. I never put this much effort into myself but now I'm thinking I should.

I wore a baby blue strapless dress that came just above my knees and a belt across the middle with a matching blue necklace and a pair of flats. It was very beautiful.

I looked myself over three times before turning around to hug Tinsley.

"Thank you, thank you, and thank you." I said.

Tins laughed. "No problem."

"You are a life saver, you know that?"

"I know." She replied proudly.

I walked through the room picking all of my things from the floor and bed. We had successfully made a mess of Tinsley's room, not to mention the bathroom. The counter top was still filled with cosmetics and hair products. She defiantly had variety.

"Are you going out anywhere tonight?" I asked.

She shrugged and sat down on the bed. "I don't know. Richard is busy with his parent's friends and their daughter."

"Do I detect a little jealousy?" I smirked.

"Me jealous, no way." She denied.

Tins was lying. I always knew when she was. The one thing I wasn't used to seeing though was her jealous. She hardly ever got jealous.

"It's been two months." She said looking off.

I scrunched up my eye brows. "What's been two months?"

"Richard and I."

I nodded my head knowing where this is going. "Getting that smothering feeling again?"

She lightly smiled. "Actually no. It's more like a, we're getting to close feeling."

I sat down next to her and wrapped and arm around her. "And that's a bad thing?" I asked.

"No. Well yeah." She said.

"He really seems to like you. He seems like a guy you can trust." I stated.

"I don't know Shan. He is friends with Austin and never had a longer relationship than three months. I think we should get out before we both get hurt."

"Then that's up to you. But just think about it before you do something you might regret." He said a softly as I could.

I could easily tell she was worried but there was nothing I could do for her. She usually dealt with this on her own. Her motto was get out before you got serious and the way she is acting now means she has already broken that rule. It was ok to really like someone but not love them because breaking up would be that much harder. I guess I have to agree with her on that one.

My phone began to ring interrupting us and I pulled it out to see it was Jace.

"Go." Tins ordered. "I'll be here when you get back."

"Are you sure?" I asked skeptically.

"Positive now go." She said firmly.

I stared at her for a minute to make sure she would be fine and nodded. "Ok. I'll see you later."

I hugged her before leaving and meeting Jace at his car.

****

"No way." I said laughing so hard my sides hurt.

"I swear." He said. "She believed every word of it."

"Wow." I said catching my breath.

Jace smiled looking down at his food.

"What?" I asked.

"Do you realize we have been talking for the past hour and haven't touched our food?"

I smiled. "Eh, I wasn't really that hungry anyway."

"Me either." He agreed.

The waitress made her rounds back to our table and picked up the empty bread basket. "Can I get you anything else?"

"No thank you, just the check." He said.

"Ok, I'll be right back." She replied before walking away.

I shivered as the cold air hit my arms. I loved the night but with it came the cold fall time temperature and I could do without that.

"Here take my Jacket." He offered.

"No, then you will be cold." I protested.

"I'll be fine." He said slipping it off revealing his shirt. "Long sleeves."

Before I could say anything else he threw the jacket over my shoulders and closed it brushing my arm with his hand in the process.

"Thank you." I blushed.

"Thank me later. Let's find the car so we can get warm." He said.

I nodded. "Agreed."

We walked the parking lot until we found his car and wasted no time getting in. Jace put the heat on full blast while we waited for the warmth to come.

"Do want to go home or somewhere else?" He asked.

"Home I guess. I'm staying at Tinsley's tonight and I don't want to make her wait up."

He looked a little disappointed but covered it with a smile. "Sure."

Jace put the car into gear and pulled on to the highway. There wasn't much traffic out tonight so it didn't take him long to get me to Tinsley's. When we got there the lights were still on so I was relieved I wouldn't wake anyone up when I went in.

"Do you think we could go out again sometime?" Jace asked.

"I think that is defiantly a possibility. Just let me know when." I replied.

"Ok." He smiled.

I leaned in and placed a kiss on his check before opening the door to get out. I liked Jace but I didn't want to rush anything because I just might like him.

"Wait." He said before placing his hand on mine.

"Yeah?"

"Is it true?" He asked.

"Is what true?" I asked confused.

"That you have a..." He sighed. "Daughter."

I was surprised by his question and didn't know how to respond.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have asked." He said.

"No it's fine but, there is something you should know." I replied.

"If you're worried about me knowing don't be, I really like kids. In fact I have a niece and nephew."

I shook my head. "It's not that, it's just I don't have a kid."

"But Lauren-"

"Is a liar." I finished.

He looked at me confused and I sighed before explaining it all.

"She saw me with Izzy at Austin's house and just assumed that I was her mom. She didn't give me the chance to explain that Izzy was Cora's daughter and not mine. But even if I did I'm sure she wouldn't have believed me."

Jace looked down embarrassed. "I'm sorry I just assumed."

"Don't be, I'm sure you're not the only one." I said truthfully.

I pulled my hand away from his and smiled at him lightly. "I'll see you tomorrow."

With that I opened the door and got out before waving at him one more time. I made my way to Tinsley's door and went inside.

No sooner than got the door shut Tins jumped out from behind the couch and scared me making me scream.

"What was that for?" I asked catching my breath.

"Do you know what tonight is?" She smiled. "Our yearly Tradition."

"Was scaring me to death suppose to be a clue?" I asked.

She nodded her head still smiling wait for me to get it even though I already knew.

"Hmm." I said taping my finger on my chin. "I don't know." I lied.

She looked upset. "Nice to know our traditions mean so much."

I burst out laughing. "Of course I know. Don't get so mad."

"Then what?" She asked.

I rolled my eyes at her. "13 nights of Halloween."

She squealed and jumped up and down. "I'll get the food you get the drinks."

I nodded and followed her into the kitchen to gather the stuff. It's a good think she was well stocked because we could put away the food.

"How was the date?" She asked pulling stuff from the cabinets.

"Good." I said honestly.

"Just good?" She smiled. "Do you like him?"

I shrugged. "Maybe, I don't know yet."

"He's nice." She stated.

"I know and hot." I added.

"You should tell Austin that." She laughed.

"That would be funny." I agreed.

After we gather all the stuff we went up to Tins room and started watching Beetlejuice. It was defiantly one of our favorite movies to watch at Halloween or any time of year. Who didn't love Beetle juice?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Another chapter has come and gone. Sorry it wasn't very long but I hope you liked it anyway. I'll try to update again as soon as I can. I have been pretty busy so I'll have to wait until I get more free time.

Please-

Comment

Vote

Fan

Banner to the side by Nialls_Girl_Xx>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 34.3K 64
He's a player, he's hot and he's stubborn. Everyone knows it- especially him. Shes never been kissed, she's unnoticed and she's shy- no one knows her...
21.6K 644 28
Kylie Smith is a player, she goes to parties, hooks up with guys and dumps them later on. She has trust issues, that's why she can't keep a relations...
393 18 12
This story follows bad boy Eric who is your typical jock bad boy, breaking girls Hearts, gets into fights, has never been in love truly, well that is...
3.1K 65 33
Erica and Liam are only 11 or 12 when they decided they want to be 'girlfriend and boyfriend.' When they both decide to do this, they both know that...