Handsome Devil ✅

Por miss_aykay

Being an unexperienced, timid and young girl from a poor family and having to shoulder all responsibilities a... Más

prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty -Two
Twenty- Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty- three
Epilogue
Author's Note

Nine

506 68 5
Por miss_aykay

The room was eerily silent with the Doctor's eyes settled on her, pleading her to talk, to mention a word or a description of anything he could use as a lead.

Please

Layla was flashing back to the very day he first entered the house or rather the day she came to the household because that was the beginning of her story, this whole charade. She heaved a sigh not looking up at him. He has done too much for her in a little while and she felt there was no need for any responsibility whatsoever.

She leaned her soar back to the wall, closing her eyes. She needed another nap and the pills she took was wearing out. She could feel fatigue washing over her anew. She made her decision.

" Doctor, I appreciate everything you've done for me, that which I know and that which I don't. I really appreciate it. Believe me, I haven't been treated this nice in a while. I don't want any responsibility or to be a liability to anyone. I can take it from here. Jazakumu Allah bi khair. I'll be fine."

She had tried so much not to let her voice break, not to make him feel she needed someone to stand up for her. Someone to literally move the earth to see that she gets justice, but it did waver. It did sound like an inner part of her wanted him to fight for her.

Dragging him into her filthy life would be selfishness. He was obviously doing fine with a number of patients and maybe a family to go home to. He might basically have enough to devour on his plate right now.

Doctor Munir looked at her unbelievably. He was trying to protect her and get justice served. She looked vulnerable and weak. She doesn't look like someone who could shout back at someone not to talk of hurt a soul. Timid, hurt and lost was what he read from this naive girl. He felt something was restraining her to talk. What could that possibly be or who?

" Layla, do you understand how serious this is? It's not something we can just overlook. If you know who did it just mention the name or give me the address. I'll make sure nothing comes back to you. By the way who's the guy that brought you?"

Layla made an effort to rolled her eyes. She wanted to tell him that was the person he was looking for. That's the devil. But again, she was mum. Was it his warning? Was she still scared of him? But she knew why. She knew that she wanted Zayyad to pay base on her own terms. She didn't have a plan on how to devise it but her innate being knows that he would pay. She could feel a surge of vengeance in her and she couldn't wait to one day see him begging her for mercy.

" He's no one." she answered curtly before sighing softly. " Excuse me please." she made a move as though she wanted to use the toilet but she was looking for a way to make him leave. He nodded and left.

About 8pm, Layla was feeling a lot better and has finished praying her Isha when she heard a knock on the door. She walked to the door and came up close with the driver and Malam Tani.

She was genuinely happy seeing them. These were people she was close to calling family in Alhaji Tofa's household. The gate man especially reminded her so much of her Baba. He was calm and always smiling and check on her everyday. Some times she goes to his bench and he tell her many stories about life and culture which she enjoys tremendously.

She widened her smile and stepped aside, welcoming them in. There were elated seeing she was doing fine. She greeted them and they answered.

" Yar Fulani, I didn't know you fell on the floor and got wounded. When did it happen? Was it in the kitchen? "

Layla was momentarily shocked at the old man's statement but masked it off with a small smile. It wasn't actually a smile she just widened her thin lips.

Was that what he told them? Going as far as possible to cover up aren't you? moron!!

Before she could explain how to make the stinking lie sounds true, the driver added " Oga was very concerned. He had to give us strict others to get our own food and not expect you to do anything for the main time."

She was dumbfounded by that statement. She wanted to scream and tear down his face with her fingers.

" That's very nice of him." she stated sarcastically.

" I feel much better as you can see. The rest of my healing requires time." she added slowly, forcing back a lone tear.

The two elder men were relieved that she was recovering well. The told her there were asked to come pick her to which she asked if they had asked the doctor. The driver went and call the doctor.

He was wearing a sky blue shirt and was not in his lab coat. His spectacle was on the brim of his nose and he looked quite tired in the early night. He asked that they gave him a minute to which they did.

When the door behind him was closed, he showed her the bed to sit and he dragged the chair by the side. She sat and faced the floor.

" I know it takes time for rape victims to open up. I don't know you Layla but I feel there's something you're hiding. I can't possibly force you to talk but if you ever decide to speak up, if there's anything want to talk about, here's my line. You can contact me anytime."

He slipped the small paper on the side of the bed, and prayed that she get quick recovery before he made to leave.

Even before Layla picked the small paper, her instinct had told her it was the last time she would see him but taking the paper won't do any harm. She wouldn't forget him. In this part of her life when she needed comfort, he offered it to her even though she declined but she knew he would be remembered.

" in shaa Allah I'll remember what you said. Thank you very much."

With a heavy heart, Doctor Munir held the nob and left.

Layla took her pills and drew her head scarf to her shoulders. Malam Tani bought a pair of slippers which she wore and walked slowly to the parking lot. Malam Tani observed how she was having difficulty walking that he offered to held her to which she smiled and said she could manage.

Walking slowly to the car, she took in the surrounding of the hospital. It was relatively small and adorned with different flowers she hasn't seen in a while except back in the house. She could hardly believe she was brought in yesterday unconscious and God so merciful she was alive and at least most of the pain has subsided.

She took in air slowly to calm her mind and as she waited for the driver to open the back seat for her she knew there was a lot waiting for her. She had to brace herself for everything she could face. She watched through the window as the car slowly drove out of the hospital and joined the tarred road.

The drive back home was in silence except for the soft music playing in the car. Layla had zoomed out of reality and was thinking about everything and nothing. The black gate of Alh Tofa's house looks so elegant that it jolted fear in her. Her heart was pounding that she closed her mouth to stop a gasp that may caught Malam Tani's attention.

The driver opened the gate and came back driving in to the parking area. Malam Tani came down and opened the door for her. She carefully stepped out and thank him the feeling of fear washing over her whole being. How could she enter the house and face him? She was suddenly scared of moving her leg an inch. She could root there for as long as it takes.

How would she address him? How would she possibly live in this house and shove all this that has happened under a rug? Was it even possible? More than anything, she realized coming back to that house after all that happened was the worst choice she made. How could she live under the same room with the monster himself? What assurance does she has that it won't repeat itself? She was sure as hell those stupid excuse of apology he said hadn't even reach his lips talk more of his heart.

Malam Tani saw how quickly her whole mood had changed when she stepped out and how she abruptly stood still.

" Layla are you okay? Or we should go back to the hospital? "

She managed to nod and made for the parlor to meet the devil head up. For the starters, hey I'm alive. Your plan failed. She envisioned him sitting on the cushion, with the smug look on his face and nonchalant attitude.

She held the door and turned the knob but it was locked. She was trying again when the driver came talking behind her.

" The key is here. Oga has left for Kano."

Layla felt her head spinning and her legs could hardly hold her. She leaned on the wall to steady herself. She didn't know what she was angry about. His leaving or did she rather he stay? Was that the end of it? He had played his game so perfect that she has nothing against him. Absolutely nothing.

Tears had clouded her eyes and were threatening to fall. She walked to her room after the door was opened and even before she closed her door, she had started sobbing hysterically. Now, she knew how messed up her life was all thanks to the devil she met 4 days ago.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

509 117 32
Layla has always been trying hard to let her scars fade away but every time she tries to break free from her chains something binds her again against...
7.1K 878 43
Layla Umar Faruk. A definition of beauty and brain. She gives beauty new meaning. Her beauty is ethereal, turning heads whereever she goes. Married t...
224K 8.5K 31
-Complete- 𝒀𝑶𝑼𝑹'𝑺 𝑺𝑬𝑹𝑰𝑬𝑺 #1 "𝗜𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗼𝘁𝗶𝗰 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗹𝗱, 𝘄𝗲'𝗹𝗹 𝗰𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗼𝘄𝗻 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗮𝗱𝗶𝘀𝗲." ☆ Layla Y...
QAIS Por

Romance

27.5K 2K 32
She was his mirage, a dream he could only chase. He was her living hell, a nightmare she could not escape. __________________________ Layla Mustafa i...