LAST SHIFT

By taekee

❝ Trouble doesn't find us, we look for it. ❞ A day in the life of a worker at NEX broadcasting network isn'... More

I N T R O
C A S T
1. The JenKai Scandal I
2. The JenKai Scandal II
3. The JenKai Scandal III
4. The Interns
5. The Lost Script
6. The Lost Script II
7. The Short End Of The Straw
8. Women and Sandwiches
9. Trial And Error
10. The Unexpected Showdown
11. The Eavesdropper
12. The Runaway I
13. The Runaway II
14. The Runaway III
15. Hot or Cold
16. Company Get-Together
18. Misunderstandings
19. Feverish Calls I
20. Feverish Calls II
21. Betray-full Tears
22. Sweet and Sour
23. Angry Boss
24. Shy Bunny
25. Liquid Truth
26. Under the Weather
27. Men With Silver Spoons
28. Unexpected Affections
29. Twinkly Eyes
30. The First Day
31. Wicked Banters
32. New Face

17. The Company Get-Together II

1.3K 84 7
By taekee

Company Get together Ii.

K I M Y E R I M

She had only been at NEX for a week now and two of the most essential parts of her jobs were caving in on her patience:

Min Yoongi, her cranky and bossy boss who seemed far too much like her grandfather.

And Jeon Jungkook, the innocent doe eyed colleague that seemed to be filled with nothing but silence and indifference.

But Cheif Assisent Seungwan was the only self empowered person Yeri had even seen in all her days working at NEX. The woman who knew how to handle every situation, even if that situation almost always dealt with taking care of her lazy boss.

It was way too upsetting that someone like her was placed in such a lowly position when really, that Min Yoongi deserved to be at Seungwan's beckon and call.

Yeri shrugged and stretched back into her seat as Seungwan strutted to her. Flashy silver heals clammering aginst the set floor and a pair of bell earrings chimed as she moved. Her hair

Yeri could feel her jaw loosening as she stared at Seungwan. Her blazer was etched with silver and she held a water bottle in her hand.

" Hello." Yeri greeted with a smile.

Seungwan gave a smile and nodded back.

" How's your intern period going?"

" I met a lot of new people and I'm really excited to work for NEX." Yeri began. She knew her script. Of course, she planned it all out before she got the job. It was one spot and Yeri would do anything to make sure her time here wouldn't be wasted in order to get it.

Sure Jungkook received the attention of Min Yoongi, and yes his outline was chosen, but it was only the beginning.

" Yeah well, you're still just an intern, intern." Yeri's boss' voice drawled from behind, Yeri turned and spotted Chief and was sure Seungwan's jaw had also loosened at the sight.

In a crisp velvet tuxedo, Min Yoongi stood there, lazy eyes darting from Yeri to Seungwan.

" You look fancy, Seungwan. It's only a meeting. " He begins walking over to the chief assistant.

" I could say the same to the tux you're wearing, sir." She coughed, either from the shock or the plain fact that Min Yoongi was surprisingly handsome.

" We actually need to attend a meeting today, so you and Jungkook can take a br-"

" Clean up." Yoongi stated whilst struggling to adjust the black bow.

" Sir?" Seungwan counters with her eyebrows knit.

" I-Ah-Excuse me?" Yerim blinked.

" I want to see this spot spotless by the time I get back." He quirked, hands fidgeting with the bow. Seungwan scoffed.

" Sir, they aren't your-"

" Seungwan, help me with this bow before we go." Seungwan lets out another scoff, sidling beside him and unlacing the bow from his collar and re-adjusting it.

Yerim watches Yoongi's gaze on Seungwan and nearly spots a smile as she angrily fiddles with his bow while her hand leans on his shoulder for both emotional and physical support.

" Later, intern. " Yoongi says and starts walking away with an irritated Seungwan who goes on about "drinking too much champagne and smuggling the rest in his sleeves".

Yerim lets out a groan and turns to see Jungkook just arriving. His tie was tucked in his pockets, hair not nearly as combed as she expected.

" You're late." Yerim presses, hoping acidity was dripping off from each syllable she uttered.

" The bus-"

" Buses aren't late, it's only the person who rides it that is." Yerim huffed, arms folding.

"Sorry." He says, watching Yerim, a hand running through his hazel brown hair.

" You shouldn't be. It's your job." She declared and almost felt sorry for the tall pushover.

This man got a perfect score on his tests but couldn't even utter a word without looking away from Yeri's eyes.

" But Chief Min sent out a notice to say we could come early."

Yeri's eyes widened.

" He did? " Yeri gaped and pulled out to her own phone to see that it was indeed very true. She let out a groan.

" I guess he did. Well, it doesn't hurt to be early." She said with a shrug.

" Speaking of Cheif Min, I didn't see him anywhere."

" They just left right now. He told us to clean our desks." Yeri said, shoving a broom into his slender hands. Jungkook stares.

" What are you doing? Let's get cleaning."

•••

P A R K S O O Y O U N G

The air smelt of lavender, and a tinge of newly applied cologne. Sooyoung let one of her hairstylists comb through her already knot free hair as another makeup artist, darted her fingers around the corners of her eyes, applying a stealthy layer of eyeliner.

" This is Park Sooyoung with the latest-ehem-This is Park Sooyoung.." Sooyoung rehearsed, adjusting her shoulders, and stretching her fingers.

After the child of set fiasco, Sooyoung seemed to have gotten a new earned courage. The boy had grabbed her script and her 80 page script was in his hands, yet she still managed to keep a tranquil smile without raising the slightest suspicion that a kid was running around her.

" Looking pretty as ever Sooyoung-ssi." Seokjin's voice rang in her ears. Sooyoung rolled her eyes to see her co-announcer shrugging off his coat and seating down beside her.

" Morning ladies." Seokjin winked to Sooyoung's stylists who giggled.

" Sunbae-" Sooyoung groaned.

" -it's too early of a day to start." She finished, shooting a glare to Seokjin who was already waving to Seulgi.

" Seulgi." Sooyoung sighed, watching her friend arrive. Her hair was unruly as ever. Black hair with wisps floating in a topknot bun and glasses threatening to fall off her face.

" No Jimin today?" Seokjin asked with his signature million dollar smile.

" Nope. He's coming late today. " Seulgi shrugged, stuffing a pen into her nest hair.

" Seulgi, sweetie, can I let my hairstylist fix your hair? You wouldn't want Jimin to run away screaming."

" Unnie please, I'm a writer who has deadlines one day after another. I don't think a hairstyle is what I need." Sooyoung nodded her head, before pulling out a compact of blush, staring back into the mirror to apply it. Seokjin clicks his tongue, pulling it away.

" Hey!" Sooyoung snaps. Seokjin shrugs.

" You look beautiful without it, sweetheart." He smiles. Sooyoung's feel the slightest heat on her cheeks.

" Besides, I think I can make you blush more than this silly old thing." He winks, gesturing at the compact. Seulgi giggles, fanning her face lightly.

" Is it getting hot in here or is it just me? "

" It's me Seulgi." Seokjin shrugs.

" Not funny Seokjin-ssi." Sooyoung glares, standing up abruptly before the getting away from the overly frustrating man.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.4K 5.6K 20
Kim Seokjin is in a working relationship. Kim Taehyung is in love with his co-worker. So what? #7 - jinv
11.5K 791 28
What started as a babysitting job turns into something more meaningful but when two friends become rivals will their friendship survive? Who is he...
270K 14.3K 21
Boss Y/N - Cold - Savage - Holds grudges Secretary Kim - Soft - Hard working - Best employee Will he heal her? Will he change her?
1.6K 95 24
A new marketing job with Hybe brings amazing opportunities, from traveling the world to working closely with the biggest group in the music business...