15 Days (Bamon)

By HollywoodA

Legend has it that men fall in love in just 8.2 seconds and women take fifteen days. Well I say bullshit and... More

Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7
Day 8
Day 9
Day 10
Day 11
Day 12
Day 14
Day 15

Day 13

1.3K 71 1
By HollywoodA

So I have a new found hate for glitter. It gets everywhere EVERYWHERE! I've got glitter in places that I've never imagined and I don't know how long it would be before I get it out. Anyway I told Damon about my mother last night. We were just laying in bed holding hands when I told him. I asked him to not apologize before he had the chance to because he didn't need to feel the need to apologize for something that wasn't in anyone's control besides my mother's. He asked me why I lied and I couldn't give him an answer, why did I lie? I guess it had something to do with not really accepting the fact that my mother is dying.

I didn't need to ask him about Amelia because he told me. He told me that when we head back to Mystic Falls that Amelia is coming with us. I figured that, I mean I would've done the same thing if it was me. I told Damon about what Amelia told me yesterday that she didn't want him to be mad at her mom. He thanked me for that I don't know why but he did. And like clock work Amelia entered and told us that she had a bad dream. My heart broke a little at that moment. She sounded so lost and hopeless and I couldn't imagine how it felt to be Damon at that moment. Damon pulled her into bed and wrapped her in his arms and did the surprising act of singing her a lullaby. He said that he used to sing it to her when she was little and I really wanted to cry at that point it was so sweet.

"G'night Milly." Damon whispered once she was asleep and shortly after that I entered dream land myself.

Hours and hours go by and I felt something on my face. It was a foot. Amelia's foot was on my face. Now I love children and eventually I would love to have one of my own, but I do not appreciate her foot on my face. I have sensitive skin so I breakout easily and who knows what her foot could do to my skin. Gently, I moved it off my face and settled back in the pillow I heard Damon moan "Milly" and I smiled because even though I was too lazy to open my eyes I knew that Amelia was doing something to disturb his sleep.

Maybe an hour after that we stop being lazy bums and get up. I wasn't in the mood for breakfast but since it is the most important meal, I ate a banana (and yes I sung the song to spell the word 'banana' and yes I just did it again).

"That's all you're eating?"

"Yeah, I'm not all that hungry."

"You sure? I'm making pancakes."

I bit down on the corner of my lip. It's been a long while since I had pancakes and Damon had to make them the day that I wasn't hungry. Damn Damon.

"That does sound very tempting, but I'll pass."

"More for me." Damon smiled and poured the batter into the pan.

While Damon and Amelia were eating, I went back to the hotel we were at innitionaly to grab the rest of my clothes. I've been borrowing Rachel's for the past couple of days but I washed them as soon as I was done so she wouldn't notice.

By the time I arrived back, Damon says that he has to leave for work and that meant that I was going to be alone with Amelia for the day.

"So, since your dad's gone, what would you like to do?"

"Can we go to the park?"

"Sure, let me grab my walking shoes."

I had no idea where the park was but luckily Amelia did. I wanted to be a kid and head straight for the swings like I always would, but I saw some mothers (and/or nannies) sitting on the bench so I decided to join them.

"Mind if I sit?"

"No, have a seat."

I smiled and sat down next to her. She looked quite young so I assumed she was a nanny, but people these days are having children at thirteen so I could've been wrong.

"Which one's yours?" Another woman asked.

"The one on the monkey bars. She's not mine though, she's my boyfriend's."

"Well, she's very beautiful."

"I'll tell him you said that. And yours?"

"I've got three of them. One's on the swings and the other two are going down the slide."

"Are they triplets?"

"No, they're about a year apart. If I learned one thing from my mama was to having children close together. They're more closer that way plus they all move out around the same time." She added and laughed.

I smiled back at her and turned my attention to Amelia. I never really studied her but she looks exactly like Damon it's crazy. Her hair is soft and shinny, her eyes are a gorgeous deep blue even better than Damon's and her smile matches Damon's right down to her perfect teeth. It has me questioning what the mother looks like and if Amelia shares any characteristics with her.

I jumped up when she dropped from the bars but the other mothers told me that she'll be fine. I didn't want to but I sat back down with my undivided attention on her and watched as she stood up and dusted herself off. I breathed out a smile and the other mothers chuckle at me until one of them says to leave me alone and that it's "first child jitters". I smiled at that. Even though Amelia wasn't mine I was acting like a first time mother.

A few minutes after that I was growing hungry, but Amelia seemed to make a new friend so the last thing that I wanted to do was break up the new friendship. It was with a boy whose name that I learned was Charles by his mother. She told me that he was a sweet ten year old but I think he's a little too old for Amelia... wait I'm sounding like a mother again... don't tell Damon. Now that I think about it, it could be a possibility that I would eventually act like a mother to Amelia... If Damon and I get married that would make me Amelia's stepmom. Would that mean that I'll be acting worse than I am now? If I was her stepmom would I have rushed over there with bandaids and Neosporin despite what the other mother's said when she fell from the monkey bars? Would I have been walking over there breaking the two up instead of watching them from the park bench? Maybe. Maybe not.

"Crackers?" One of the mom asked me when my stomach growled.

"Thanks. I had a small breakfast." I said opening the ziplock baggie.

"She had you rushing to the park once you got up?"

"Milly? No, I just wasn't all that hungry." Yes. I called her Milly. It scared me too.

"Milly, that's a nice name." Now if she hadn't said that I would've never realized it.

"No, actually her name is Amelia, Milly is just a nickname."

"Oh, I see."

The bench grew quiet so I took the time to check my phone. I had a text from Damon and two from Caroline. I knew that Caroline would've killed me if I didn't respond to her soon since the text was over an hour ago.

Hey B just checking in on how you're doing and the whole deal with your mom.

I texted her that as soon as I got home we needed to sit down and talk this whole trip out. Before I read Damon's one of the mom's poked me.

"It looks like Amelia needs you."

I looked up confused until I see her waving me over. I rose from the bench and walked over there then kneeled down to be eye level with her.

"Look what I found." She handed me a dead butterfly. A DEAD BUTTERFLY!

I wanted to throw it on the ground and run home to wash my hands but I knew that that would've done more harm than good.

"W-wow so cool!" Hey, you have to give me credit for trying.

My phone buzzed again and it was from Damon.

You girls must be having fun. I just wanted to see how everything's going. Text me when you can.

"Hey, Amelia do you want to take a picture with your butterfly and send it to daddy?"

She nodded with a bright smile. I switched to front camera and drew our faces together. We decided that making a disgusting face was good so we did that while Amelia held up the butterfly. I captioned that photo as "Look what we found" and I just knew that Damon would smile at it all day long.

Shortly after that, we headed back to the hotel. I figured that we were both tired from the day because we passed out watching Spongebob. I woke up to the door opening and once Damon came to view I shh'd him. I walked over to him and welcomed him home with a kiss. It was meant to be innocent but it turned out a little more raunchy.

"Mmm, now that is how I like to be greeted." Damon smiled and leaned in to kiss me again. It probably would've gone further if Amelia hadn't woken up.

"Dad?"

"Hey baby girl."

They have each other a hug then Damon kissed her on the cheek.

"Did you have a fun time with Bonnie today?"

Luckily, Amelia nodded, "Mhm, we went to the park and saw a butterfly!"

"I know! I saw the picture!" Damon smiled.

"Did you like it?"

"I loved it, see it's my screensaver."

As Amelia told Damon about her day at the park I headed to the kitchen to fix a sandwich. It's now that I started to regret passing up those pancakes.

"Bonnie..."

"Yes...?"

"My daughter informs me that she met a boy at the park today."

"That would be correct."

"Mmhm, and how old is this Charles?"

"I believe he was ten."

"Ten?"

"I believe so," I finally turned around to look at him in full on father mode. I would've found the whole thing sexy if it wasn't so amusing.

"And were you during there whole... chat?"

"On the bench like all the other moms." He smiled at that. Did I basically call myself a mom?

"Well you tell Charles that he better watch his back."

I laughed and shook my head at him. "You're an idiot."

"Only when it comes to my girls." Damon walked in closer and placed his hands on my waist.

I smiled and wrapped my hands around his neck. "Where's Amelia?"

"In her room."

"Good." I said before kissing him. I knew it was coming so I reached behind me and moved my sandwich to the side before he lifted me on the counter.

"You two need to get a room." Rachel said breaking us away from one another.

"Sorry," Damon apologized.

"Ugh. Couples disgust me." She said before walking into her room and closing the door.

Damon chuckled. "Now where were we?"

"Nah-ah, I need to eat my sandwich. I let you distract me once but not again."

"I'll make you all the sandwiches you want if you let me distract you some more."

He didn't give me much of a chance to object before he lifted me off the counter and carried me back to the bedroom. Don't worry we locked the door, jeez ;).

However you sign a journal,

B.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.8K 305 29
Rain Specter sweet girl, Kai Parker mischievous boy, what happens when the two meet? How much can a person really change you? (Kai & OC)
3.8K 816 29
Someone could change your life in just 30 days , but in their case you could fall in love with someone in just 34 days . •• Started : 12 / 8 / 2018...
1.4M 31.6K 31
It's a new fad. 36 questions that one stranger asks another that should make them fall deeply in love in a matter of hours. People are always thinkin...
133 4 8
Four men... One woman... Destined to fall in love for a thousand years...