Poppy's Star (Trolls x reader)

By CharlottesFiction

Life is perfect. Everyone is happy in the small troll village. Until one day a troll finds another troll vill... More

๐ŸŒ•2๐ŸŒ•
๐ŸŒ•3๐ŸŒ•
๐ŸŒ•4๐ŸŒ•
๐ŸŒ•5๐ŸŒ•
๐ŸŒ•6๐ŸŒ•

๐ŸŒ•1๐ŸŒ•

4.1K 33 10
By CharlottesFiction

~Your pov~

"I need your advice," Poppy twirled around in a circle to show you the whole dress. It was a light blue, the color of the ball dance tomorrow night. The fabric around her upper chest and shoulders was a see-through white, making it a bit pink from Poppy's skin color. It was tight around her upper torso and puffed out around hips like a flower... which is what she was trying to look like.

You pull your knees up to your chest. You never thought you would be in Poppy's home... or castle. None of the other trolls knows what castle means, it just proves how different the two villages are. "I think you will look better if the dress was yellow. Add some blue shades in it to match with the setting."

Poppy looked at you from the small mirror she was looking into. Poppy wasn't one who knew about fashion very well.

"Like on the bottom," you get up from your seat and rub the end of the dress, meant to be the flower's petals. "Here, blue at the end of the dress and it fades to yellow. A blue ribbon around the waist would look good too," you add.

Poppy thought for a second. "I see, I see. I will ask Pollen if she can fix me up another dress."

Even thought you only knew Poppy for a few weeks you could tell something was off with her. She hasn't smiled once all day and not even a single laugh. The happiness in her bright pink eyes was taken over by sadness.

"Poppy-" but you were interrupted by a louder voice.

"POPPY!" a big blue troll stormed into the room, too alarmed to knock first. "The twins!"

"Biggie? What are you doing here?" Poppy didn't seem to take in Biggie's fear very well. He was always freaking out about something like his pie being overcooked or loosing Mr. Dinkles when he's still in the house.

"Satin and Chenille! Their hair!" Biggie was breathing hard like he was having a panic attack, making it hard to explain himself. "Their hair was cut!"

"Satin and Chenille? I thought our hair was indestructible!" Poppy looked out the window, placing her hands on the glass. "Where are they? Are they okay?"

You roll your eyes. Of course you messed up such a simple task. Before Poppy and Biggie noticed you were gone, you were out of the village. Thankfully everyone wanted to see the twins, causing a big scene to distract all the trolls. Which meant nobody was on the north side of the village and made it easy for you to sneak out.

Half a mile away (for a troll) was a moss covered rock. You flipped it over and sighed, glad to still see your armor under the rock. You unclip the one-piece bright purple outfit Pollen made for you the second day you were welcomed to Poppy's village. The take off the suit and quickly change into your armor, hoping no other troll was in the area.

Your armor is not the kind of armor you might be thinking of. It was really just a bunch of twigs wrapped around your chest, forearms, shin, and calf. With different colored leaves of autumn covering your whole body. You gently place the suit where the rock used to be, and flipped the rock over again. Unless someone likes tipping over random rocks, nobody was going to find it.

At least you prayed nobody would.

It was much different back at home... another troll village. Here you were known as one of Queen Violet's best fighter or guard. Every trip and adventure Queen Violet went on you were there to protect her. You swore your life to Violet before she was queen, to King Smog who was sadly assasinated along with his wife, Queen Forrest. Luckily Violet made it out alive, she was saved by yours truley... you. Just like you promised, you would protect her at all costs.

A few trolls passed you, eying you up and down. It was odd for you to be in this part of the village, the bad side of it. Where no trolls smiled or laughed or sung like in Poppy's village. It was all sorrow and theft. Pretending to just be strolling around the area, eying some trolls here and there, you finally got to to good side of the village and rested near a small stream. Queen Violet was defintly looking for you by now. You were in Poppy's village for a few days now without any word with the queen.

You waited for a peasent trolls to walk by, not knowing today was going to be their lucky day. About ten minutes later you could hear a few trolls walking down the trail near the stream. You got up and approched the two, shocking them at first. "You two boys. I have a mission for you two to do. I want you to go to the castle, tell the guards I sent you, and tell the Queen that I have returned from Poppy's village. I have no new news."

The two young trolls looked at each other, than back at you. "You're Moon! The troll that saved Queen Violet!" one of them said. "And you want us to do this? We're just normal trolls!"

"That's exactly why I want you two to do this for me," you lean closer to the trolls. "Now do as I asked. I want the Queen to know I'm not turning my back on her."

"O-oh okay...!" the other troll said, grabbing his friend's hand and dragged him down the trail, running.

You watched them until they were out of sight and began to daydream.

Poppy's pov

Just like everymorning Poppy woke up with enough energy to bounce off the walls. Being a Queen was hard, but it was more fun. She looked out her window to watch her people walk out of their homes made of leaves, mushrooms, or sticks and twigs to start their day. The warm sun shinned over Poppy's village, making it even more beatiful.

Poppy walked out of her 'flower house' to begin her own day. Usually she would sing with her friends or teach the young trolls but today was different.

For the past few weeks something has been distracting Poppy from her daily activites. The feeling was always there, right from the beginning, but the feeling grew more and grew. It started to get so bad she would stay up wide awake at night, mind focused on one troll. How could one troll mess with Poppy's head so much? No matter how hard she thinks about something else, he always pops up in her mind somehow.

But thanks to her new friend, Moon, she was given the cofidence to just spill out everything to him. No matter what happens, at least she won't be stressing about it a year from now.

Poppy tugged at the bottom of her dress, nervously approching his house. She's never done this before. Yes, she's dated trolls before, but the love was never this strong, it was just stupid teen love. And Poppy hasen't been out with anybody for two years. She hoped she still had her romantic side.

Poppy forced her hand out of her pocket to knock on his door, doing her usual knock. She felt her heart skip a beat when she heard a BE RIGHT THERE behind the door. The pink troll picked at her fingers as his footsteps got louder, until they stopped and the door opened.

"Poppy? Is the meeting now? I did it again!" Branch yelled at himself. Poppy forgot she was 'picking up' Branch today for the monthly meeting all the trolls in the village have later today. It's basically a get-together rather than a meeting. But Branch is mad because he always loses the track of time and winds up being late.

Before Branch could turn around and run off to get ready, Poppy grabbed his hand. "Wait, Branch!" he froze, looking down at their hands. Poppy nervously laughed and pulled her hand away, breaking Branch's grip. "I'm not here to bring you to the meeting. I just wanted to talk to you about something."

"Oh? What?" Branch asked.

Poppy couldn't tell if it was the eight slices of cake she ate last night of Branch's adorable facial expression, that made her stomach twist. She slightly flinched at the feeling, the last time she felt that was when her friends were being taken away by the Bergen Chef. A panic attack? A nervous breakdown? The unusal feeling made her dizzy.

"Whoo, you okay?" Branch grabbed her shoulder to keep her steady, only to make it worse.

"I-y-EAH! I'm perrrfectly fine," Poppy said with a cocky tone. How do I do this? How does any troll do this? Is this what it's like for everyone? Or am I making a fool out of myself? Branch probably thinks I'm totally weird. I should leave. I'm making things worse. "Nevermind," Poppy said, taking a step back. She already missed the feeling of Branch's touch.

"Are you sure? What are you-"

"I'll see you at the meeting later," she said, quickly turning around and storming off, her throat felt tight and it was hard to breath. Her eyes burned like they were on fire. At first Poppy thought something was in her eyes, until a hot tear fell down her cheek. "I'm never going to do this," her voice was unfamiliar to her, choked up from crying.

The sad queen had no idea is anybody was watching, nor did she care. If she can't express her love for someone how can she rule an entire village?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 70 14
Everything in Trollstopia was peaceful, amazing and great as all the tribes were getting along and everyone is living together in harmony. But then o...
109K 1.9K 22
"๐™‹๐™๐™š๐™ฌ, ๐™ฉ๐™๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ ๐™›๐™ช๐™ก๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™จ๐™๐™š ๐™™๐™ž๐™™๐™ฃ'๐™ฉ ๐™จ๐™š๐™š ๐™ข๐™š." "๐™’๐™๐™ค ๐™™๐™ž๐™™๐™ฃ'๐™ฉ ๐™จ๐™š๐™š ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช?" โ€งอ™โบหš*๏ฝฅเผ“โ˜พโ€งอ™โบหš*๏ฝฅเผ“โ˜พโ€งอ™โบหš*๏ฝฅเผ“โ˜พโ€งอ™โบหš*๏ฝฅเผ“ [๐˜ง๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ณ...
33.4K 828 20
It has always been a great day since Poppy and Branch had their life-changing adventure to save the Trolls from being eaten by the Bergens. But all o...
103K 1.8K 19
This is an AU. It takes place a year or two before the events of the film. Poppy immediately knew something was wrong with her, there was no doubt. B...