🌕6🌕

Poppy's pov

Once Branch and Poppy were safe inside her pod, she began going crazy. "Who were they?! They were like... YOU! Like- the old you! Is that a thing? Did you come from somewhere else?!"

"No!" Branch nearly yelled. "I'm from here, your village. I don't know who they are or why they're here but obiously your dad knows them."

"I do. But not very well," Peppy said from behind them. "Branch, I need to have a word with Poppy."

Branch got the hint, nodded, and waited outside.

"Dad, what's going on? I'm scared," Poppy felt something in her chest, like when the Bergen came and kidnapped her friends. She worried the feeling was some kind of vision, like it would all happened again.

"You don't need to be worried. They aren't going to do anything. I just... need to tell you something I should've told you a while ago," he took a deep breath and sighed. "I felt terrible. You were so happy and I didnt want you to have one gray cloud in your life. But I think... I think you're mature enough and ready to hear this."

"Dad... is it something bad? Please tell me! Don't hide anything from me, Dad!" Poppy yelled, but not with anger. "Families aren't supposed to keep secrets from each other."

"I know, Poppy. I don't know what I was thinking all these years... but let me begin," Peppy said taking another deep breath. "I met your mother a long time ago. And we instantly feel in love. We would sing and dance with each other all night long. We finally decided to settle down... and have you," he said, gently placing his hand on Poppy's shoulder.

Peppy continued, "Your mother was by my side with helping me run the village. I could never be happier. The best wife, the best kid, the best village... but your mother didn't think the same. Sometimes she would wander off during the day and night. I began getting upset with her causing us to have arguments about her just disappearing. One day she came back and I saw something on her wrist..." he stuck a closed fist out to Poppy, she placed her hand under his fist and he dropped the metal bracelet.

"She was wearing that. Metal. I... had to idea what it was..."

Her father's voice started to fade and stars flew around her. Hundreds and thousands of questions ran through her mind, making it hard to listen to the rest of Peppy's story.

"...a week later she came back home for the last time. I walked in on her grabbing all her importantly belongings and crying. She told me everything. Those trolls we saw earlier... they're from another kingdom. The same kingdom your mother kept going to all the time. She told me she was crowned Queen. Queen Scarlet."

Poppy didnt realize the bracelet fell out of her hand until Peppy reached for it. "Poppy... I'm so sorry..." he reached to wipe the tear from her cheek but she quickly stepped back.

"And- and now she's dead?! I had YEARS to see my mother and you NEVER TOLD ME!" Poppy screamed, her voice never so loud before.

"Poppy- I- she didn't want to see you. I mean she did! But she- it's hard to explain... she loved you and missed you and-"

"I DON'T CARE! I DON'T CARE IF SHE WAS ACROSS THE EARTH!" Poppy snapped. She felt a lump in her throat which made it hard to breath. "She was... there this whole time! I could've seen her and talked to her and- AND NOW I CAN'T!"

"I didn't want you to leave too! This place is better for you, Poppy!" Peppy said, grabbing her hand.

"Fuck you!" Poppy ran out of the pod and in the dark forest.