🌕3🌕

Poppy's pov

The meeting was held where it always is, right in the middle of the village. Every troll came, no matter what, it was like an important ritual. Poppy wore a white dress, giant fluffy puff balls around her shoulders, a short see-through drape hung on the back of her collar that reached down to the back of her knees, and as usual she was barefoot. Hiding Poppy and her friends from the large crowd twenty feet away were two large leaves growing off a large rose.

Poppy looked around at all of her friends and grinned. Everyone was talking and laughing, even Branch, who used to steer clear from these meetings. It was finally nice to know that every troll enjoyed this. As the queen was scanning everyone she saw Moon in the background push a leaf out of her way and walk into the small crowd of Poppy's friends.

"Moon!" Poppy rushed over to her and gave her a big hug. "The meeting is soon, are you ready? Can you do it?" Poppy asked, referring to standing in front of a large crowd of people with her and talking to everyone.

"Yes. I'm fine. I've done it before at my old home," Moon said. Of course it wasn't going to be easy, public speaking never is. But for Poppy, she knows everyone and does this one a month so it's very easy for her. But for Moon on the other hand, her public speaking is usually to break up fights and trying to scare an audience. But Poppy didn't know that.

At the corner of Poppy's eye she saw a blue figure approaching her. Her face began to get hot and red. She looked away, hoping Branch didn't think she was ignoring him. But suddenly she was dragged away from behind the leaves as she heard her father say, "What are you still doing here? Everyone is waiting for you!" King Peppy said, bringing Poppy out into the open with her face still bright red.

"No wait- Dad I-" but the leaves were already pushed out of the way and she was standing in front of two hundred and five trolls. All eyes on her made her feel embarrassed for the first time... or second time. She took a deep breath hoping her face wasn't as red and began speaking. "H-hello everyone! Good evening!" Why did I say that?! WHY WOULD I SAY HELLO EVERYONE AND GOOD EVENING WHEN IT'S BARLEY EVEN DARK OUT. Okay... I need to calm down before I start freaking people out. "As I'm sure all of you know about the very big news that something is going to be added to the village... and here is our newest member of the village, Moon, who will tell you all about it!" Poppy walked backwards, giving Moon the spotlight.

The trolls clapped, some shouted Moon's name in glee, and Moon stood there waiting for the clapping to end.

Your pov

It was weird hearing clapping rather than terrifying threats from a large crowd of trolls. I guess signing and dancing and whatnot really does make you happy. As you stood there, for a second, you realized why Queen Violet wanted this village so badly. It definitely beat living in a muggy swamp. Either that or she was just fulfilling her parents wishes... taking over every village.