The Bet (The Badboy's Claim S...

By brendathatwriter

currently being edited! [the first story in the badboy's claim series] It was my turn to smirk. "I wanna make... More

THE BET
ONE ✓
TWO ✓
THREE ✓
FOUR ✓
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY-ONE
FIFTY-TWO
FIFTY-THREE
FIFTY-FOUR
FIFTY-FIVE
FIFTY-SIX
FIFTY-SEVEN
FIFTY-EIGHT
FIFTY-NINE
SIXTY
SIXTY-ONE
SIXTY-TWO
SIXTY-FOUR
SIXTY-FIVE
SIXTY-SIX
SIXTY-SEVEN
SIXTY-EIGHT
SIXTY-NINE
SEVENTY
SEVENTY-ONE
SEVENTY-TWO
SEVENTY-THREE
SEVENTY-FOUR
SEVENTY-FIVE
SEVENTY-SIX
SEVENTY-SEVEN
EPILOGUE
WE MEET AGAIN

SIXTY-THREE

4.6K 122 72
By brendathatwriter

KIMORA

12:31 AM...

It's midnight and Jaxon still isn't here yet. I'm not the kind of girl who gets upset and immediately jump to the conclusion that my boyfriend is cheating on me.

The only conclusion I jump to is if he's hurt or something went wrong. Maybe Axel lied and took the opportunity to kill Jaxon. Maybe whoever Jaxon set out to go and deal with killed him.

My heart sank in my chest. Alex must've sensed my bad mood and leaped onto the couch before laying on my legs. I smiled, petting his soft fur. "I'm okay, baby... your father won't be okay when I'm done with him though."

There was a knock at the door and got up as Alex started barking at whoever it was. I shushed him but, that didn't stop him from growling.

Jaxon probably forgot his key.

I opened the door only to be surprised by the girl who was slightly taller than me. She had blue eyes and short black hair. Freckles scatter across her smooth olive skin.

She seemed surprised to see me more than I was surprised to see her. "I see Jaxon still hasn't stopped sleeping around."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "I'm actually his girlfriend."

Something was in her eyes but, it was gone before I could see it. "Oh? Jaxon didn't tell me he had a girlfriend. Especially living with him." Her eyes took in his shirt I was wearing and socks.

What?

I crossed my arms. "I'm sorry. I didn't catch your name."

"Oh! I'm Rain. I'm his ex-girlfriend."

An ex-girlfriend? He never told me he had an ex-girlfriend. I scanned back into my memory. The only time he said something about his past relationships was when we did our project and he said something about girls not wanting to stay with him because of the things he did... or something along those lines.

So I'm guessing this girl was that one girl who did leave him because he was in a gang.

I'm just surprised she is standing here in front of me. "Well, Red. Jaxon isn't here."

She smiled innocently. "It's Rain. And really? I was just with him at The Diamond Club."

I kept my composure but, in my head, I was already getting upset. Why was he with her? Was that why he was so adamant on leaving and not stay with me? If he wanted to go out to the club, he could've just said so... I wouldn't care. The fact that he hid it from me makes me upset. It makes me feel like he was cheating... Would he cheat on me?

Ugh, why am I questioning him?

Why would he ask for me to live with him if he was just going to go out and cheat? I'm just overthinking for no reason.

"Well, that's nice to know." I finally said. She seemed disappointed in my reaction and that brought me satisfaction. "Well, I'm going to head to bed. Goodnight Rose."

"It's Rai-"

I shut the door before she could finish and rubbed my temples in frustration. Today really wasn't the day. He was definitely going to hear it when he came home. I headed to bed for right now and decided to go to sleep.

***

I couldn't sleep at all.

It was 1 AM by the time I heard Jaxon come in through the front door. I know The Diamond Club is an hour away from here. Made me curious about what he was doing so far away. Especially with his ex of all people...

I crawled out of bed and going out to the living room to see Jaxon petting Alex as he wagged his tail. It was really cute but, I wasn't in the mood to smile or be happy with him. After Alex and Jaxon's father and dog moment, he finally noticed my presence.

"Hey Kitten." He went to kiss me but, I blocked him. "Why were you all the way at The Diamond Club?"

He grew tense. "I told you, Tyler and I had something to handle."

"I need more than that. I thought you trusted me with this."

"It was just the guy who shot Audrey." He crossed his arms. "We were going to take care of them but, you sent Axel. Why were you talking to him in the first place?"

"Because if I can't stop you, I know he would've," I stated.

Jaxon rubbed his head, obviously looking agitated. I could care less about how he felt. If he didn't keep me up waiting for him until 1 AM in the damn morning, I would've spared him.

"Your ex-girlfriend, Rain decided to stop by too wondering where you were. Apparently, you don't have a girlfriend." I crossed my arms.

He rolled his eyes. "Of course she did... and I never said I didn't have a girlfriend. I didn't mention you at all."

"Why not?"

"Because I saw her out of the blue and I didn't want to talk to her for long. Kimora, you know I love you. I'd never cheat on you. You're all I ever want." He pouted. I hated how good he could be with his words. It made my sunken heart flutter in my chest. I know he was telling the truth and I know he wouldn't cheat on me. He didn't seem like that type of guy... no matter how much he slept around.

"How does she know your address?"

He shrugged. "I don't know... guess she still remembers it." He sighed before wrapping his arms around my waist. "I promise you, Kitten. I am all yours. She can try and step back into my life but, I won't let her. I have you now."

I held back my smile, keeping a straight face. "Damn right."

He chuckled, leaning down for a kiss but, I turned my head away from him. "I don't even get a kiss?"

"No, and you're sleeping on the couch tonight." I patted his chest before slipping out of his arms and going into his room. I closed the door behind me, hearing Jaxon groan. I pressed my back against the door, taking a few deep breaths to calm down my heart from beating so fast.

Stupid Captain Douche and his stupid, sweet words.

***

Jaxon tried to sneak into bed with me twice but, I caught him throughout the night and sent him back to the couch. It was nice having the whole bed too myself. I can't lie and say I didn't miss the warmth.

After I did my quick morning routine, I stepped out into the living room. Jaxon was up, relaxing on the couch. He was busy on his phone which gave me the chance to look at him. His dark hair a mess like usual. He didn't have anything on except sweatpants that sat low on his hips. God, why did guys look so good in sweatpants? His abs on full display for me to see. He had to be setting me up. Seriously, no one could be that hot.

I quickly hurried into the kitchen and grabbed an apple to eat. I turned around, gasping at Jaxon standing there and I dropped my poor apple. I hit his chest and he chuckled. "What the hell is wrong with you?! Don't sneak up on me like that!"

"Sorry. " He said but, he didn't seem sincere about it.  I noticed he didn't make a move from getting out of my way. "What are you doing?"

"I'm trying to eat obviously." I rolled my eyes, picking up the poor dented apple and throwing it in the trash. Sadly, that was the last apple so I had no choice but, to cook something. Just great... I surely wasn't cooking right now. I didn't feel like it.

Jaxon followed me out of the kitchen. I didn't like how he was following me around and I was getting annoyed by him. I faced him, putting my hand on my hip. I opened my mouth to say something but, a knock at the door stopped me.

Jaxon seemed genuinely confused as I was. He went to get his gun but, I swatted his arm. "Not everyone is a threat, Jaxon. Just go answer the door."

He sighed, trudging over to the door. He opened the door and the Rain girl was back again. Only this time, she was fully clothed, unlike her club dress she wore last night that emphasized her curves.

What the hell was she doing here again? She was really bold to even show up again.

She smiled sheepishly at Jaxon. "Hey..."

"What are you doing here?" Jaxon asked.

"I was on my way home but, the snow got too bad and I had nowhere to go... I was wondering if I could stay here until the storm lets up."

"Um..." Jaxon rubbed the back of his neck, turning around to me. I glared at him but, he faced back to her. "Yeah. Come in."

"Thank you so much, Jay-Jay." I held back a snort. I thought Jaxy-Poo was worse... it still is but, I despised them both. 

"Don't call me that."

Rain came inside. She waved at me. "Nice to see you again." I nodded, sitting down on the couch. Immediately, Alex started growling at her.

I didn't attempt to stop him so Jaxon ended up shush him. I wanted to pet him and call him a good boy but, I can't be bitter just because she was his ex... They had a past and I had to get over it. I doubt she still even has feelings for him and just needs his assistance.

"Oh my goodness," She picked up a snow globe with a snowman nestled inside of it. "You still have it!"

"Yeah... totally forgot about it."

"What's so important about it?" I asked.

Jaxon cleared his throat. "Kimor-"

"I got this for Jaxon after we..." She hesitated, glancing at Jaxon reluctantly. None of them said anything but, then it clicked.

After their first time together.

"Oh. I see." I was all I said. It's all I could say.

Jaxon sat down next to me, giving me a nervous look. I raised an eyebrow at him, confused one why he looked so apprehensive. I wasn't hurt by it. He had his flings in the past but, at the end of the day, he's with me. That's all that counts.

"So how did you two meet?" I asked as she sat on the other side of Jaxon. She looked at Jaxon and he sighed. "At a party I hosted."

He didn't seem like he was going to say anything else so Rain was quick to add more details. "He came over to me and we hit it off from there. We grew so close and I didn't sleep with him until after we got together. We went to the carnival." She smiled. I wanted to punch her so badly.

"How sweet." I pretended to cooed and she giggled. I resisted rolling my eyes. "Well, I'm going to the bathroom. Jaxon, come with me real quick." I grabbed his hand, dragging him to the bathroom without a choice. Once the door was shut, I turned to Jaxon.

"Kimora-"

I put my hand up, cutting him off. "Before you even start, let me ask you something... why did you tell me you never went on dates before if you had a whole ex-girlfriend?"

He sighed. "Once she left me, I forget everything that had to do with her. Our carnival date was a coincidence, Tyler and Audrey invited us-"

"I know that. Everyone goes to that damn carnival anyway." I let out an exasperated sigh, pushing my hair out of my face.

"Are you upset with me?"

"I'm not mad at you, just annoyed... with her and the fact that she's here."

He cupped my face, making me look him the eye. "I told you. I love you." He planting a bunch of kisses on my face, muttering 'I love you' after each one. I couldn't help but, giggle as I detached myself from him. "I love you too. Now make some breakfast."

"Yes, ma'am." He groaned. I smiled, pecking his cheek.

Coming out of the bathroom, I joined Rain back on the couch. Well, I sat on the couch and Alex joined me, still watching her like a hawk. I cut on the TV which happened to playing the news. They were discussing the snow storm and how it would've lasted just for today and the roads should be clear by Monday morning. I was thankful for that because I don't know long I would've lasted with Rain in this house. She didn't give me a bad aura like Maddy... more like an uncomfortable one.

"Wow, it really looks bad out there." She said, staring out the window as the city got coated in white and snow blur past the window.

"Yep." I changed the TV to some random channel. How The Grinch Stole Christmas was on and my childhood jumped out. Just my cup of tea.

Halfway through it, Rain decided to start asking questions. "So how did you and Jaxon meet?"

"Knew him through a friend. Hated him."

"Really?" She tilted her head, her blue eyes sparkling with mischief. I didn't like that look at all. "And you're supposed to be the love of his life?"

Her sudden bitterness snapped at me and I was taken back by it. I didn't expect her to be so bold. Then again, when do I not have to deal with one of Jaxon's ex flings who have an attitude because I'm dating him now? 

"Yes. I am the love of his life." I crossed my arms. "To be honest, Jaxon never mentioned a word about you until now. So that goes to show how irrelevant you are."

Her face got red in embarrassment and she turned away. As she should. Stupid ex-girlfriend. I went back to watching the TV. The victory silence was nice. I hated this girl. I wish she would get out of my house already.

***

The whole day was smooth as it could've gone with an unwanted guest. Rain didn't try anything with Jaxon. Mainly because Jaxon found ways to keep himself busy to avoid sitting in the living room. Rain remained quiet, either on her phone or watching whatever Christmas movie was playing. 

Eventually, I got bored of sitting down and watching movies. I left, slipping inside the room. Jaxon was asleep and I bit my lip, shutting and locking the door behind me. I joined him on the bed, kissing his neck.

"Kitten... what are you doing?" He said, his voice all groggy from sleep. 

"I'm getting what's mine." I straddled over him, kissing down his chest. He blinked at me before pushing me off his lap. I scoffed. "Why'd you do that?"

"One, because of the shit you pulled last night and two, you just want to prove a point to Rain, don't you?" He asked, amusement swirling in his eyes. I didn't say anything because he was right about both things. Also because I wanted him since this morning.

"If you deny my love now, we won't do anything for a week."

He shrugged and I hit his chest. He jerked up from his sleep. If he wasn't awake, he was wide awake now. "Ow? What was that for?"

"You're supposed to be distraught."

He ran his fingers through his hair, messing it up even more if that was possible. "Kimora, you can't trick me into fucking you."

"Don't say it like that." I frowned and he chuckled. "Alright. I'll choose different words to substitute for it."

I rolled my eyes. "If you don't want me now then, I won't do anything with you for the rest of the year."

"You wouldn't last that long."

"You wanna bet?"

A smirk danced on his lips. "Okay. The person who gives in first has to give whatever the other whatever they want."

I nodded and we both shook hands.

This will be easy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6M 76.6K 73
"What's your problem?!" "I am jealous, okay?! I don't admit it but I hate it when you talk about someone else. I only want you for me" Sebastian sa...
14.1K 793 45
"You look so gorgeous, ravishing and smashing Mackenna." He groaned and dipped his face into my neck. The way he said my name was so hot, sexy and da...
303K 9K 61
"I wouldn't mind watching you. Maybe we could tan together this summer." He suggested. "Without having tan lines." I could feel the smirk playing on...
31.2K 1.5K 38
Started in 2018 Hardcopy available on NotionPress and Amazon *Rank* 1 * in #boynextdoor *Rank* 1 * in #badboylovestory When shy yet sarcastic Daniel...