How I Fell for the Player

By BrittanyLeigh8

Shannon Lane and Austin Burke are complete opposites. Shannon is the ordinary girl who is looking for the per... More

Chapter 1- The Party
Chapter 2- The Mall
Chapter 3-The Date
Chapter 4- Who is coming to dinner?
Chapter 5- A Nice Little Dinner Party
Chapter 6- Playing Along
Chapter 7- Answers
Chapter 8- Chorus, Auditions, and Terms
Chapter 9- Terms and Conditions
Chapter 10- Movie Night
Chapter 11- The New Girl
Chapter 12- All Things Revealed
Chapter 13- Does he like me?
Chapter 14- Teen Mom
Chapter 15- Rumor Has It
Chapter 17- Another Date
Chapter 18- An Unexpected Arrival
Chapter 19- The Halloween Party
Chapter 20- No Escaping This Hell
Chapter 21- Explanations
Chapter 22- Forgiven
Chapter 23- Matchmaker
Epilogue

Chapter 16- Good Time

92K 2.2K 271
By BrittanyLeigh8

(Chapter 16- Good Time)

“Well that’s all of my movies.” I yawned.

“Can I watch TV?” Izzy asked.

“Sure, you know how to use this?” I said handing her the TV remote.

She bobbed her head up and down quickly and took it from me. She wasted no time flipping through the channels.

After yawning once again I decided it was time for me to get up and before I fell asleep. That wouldn’t be the best ideas since Austin was lying on my bed with me. My dad would flip.

“Where are you going?” He asked.

“To get something to drink, want to come?”

He nodded his head. “Defiantly, if I have to watch one more movie about princesses and way too much singing I’m gonna go crazy.”

I stifled a laughed and walked out of my bedroom followed by Austin. I guess three movies were a bit much for someone like him. Guys defiantly didn’t get into the whole overly happy ever after thing. It was sure fun to watch him suffer though.

“Pepsi?” I asked pulling one from the fridge.

“You mean you don’t have anything stronger?” He joked.

I turned around and slapped him on the arm and pushed the drink into his hands. “No this is an alcohol free house.”

He chuckled. “Oh yeah, I forgot who I was talking to for a minute.”

I opened the can and took a sip trying not to laugh. “You’re an ass.”

“But you love me anyway.” He smiled.

I rolled my eyes at him and proceeded back up to my room. Hopefully she found something else to watch because I was ready for something new myself.

Upon entering my room I was shocked at the sounds coming from the TV and the scene going on. It was a tlc show called a baby story and some woman was in labor. Thank God it blocked out the worst part.

“What the hell?” Austin said when his landed on the screen as well.

Quickly I ran to the TV and shut it off before anything worse happened. I don’t even want to know what all she had seen so far.

“Is that where babies come from?” She asked.

I nervously chuckled and looked to Austin for help. He stood there looking just as worried as me. Well he isn’t going to be any help. How am I supposed to answer a question like that?

I cleared my throat while thinking of anything that would get me out of this. “Well…um…sort of.”

That’s it? That’s the best I could come up with? Real good Shannon now she’s probably going to ask more questions.  How do you even get yourself into these situations?

“How do they get in the belly’s?” She asked.

Oh no. Well this is worse, I think. Once again I turned back to Austin who still looked stunned. I nudged him in the arms hoping to pull him out of it and save me.  When he didn’t move I did it a little harder.

“Ouch.” He complained.

“Ask Aussie.” I smirked.

She turned her attention to him and waited for an answer. This ought to be good. I wonder how he plans to get out of this one.

“Well… when two people…um.” He paused scratching his head. “You know, that’s a good question to ask you mom. Who wants ice cream?”

“I do, I do.” I Izzy cheered.

My chin nearly hit the floor. You have got to be kidding me. Is that all? How does he manage to always get out of everything?

Austin picked up Izzy from the floor and smirked at me before walking away. Boy he just thinks he’s so smooth with his little stunt.  Truth is I’m a little jealous I didn’t think of something like that myself, lucky jerk.

“I’m taking your car.” Austin yelled up the stairs.

“Oh no.” I screamed running to meet him before he could find my keys. “Not my baby.”

By the time I got there he was already by the door twirling my keys around his finger smiling like he had just one something big.

“Hand it over.” I ordered.

“Nah, I don’t think I will.” He grinned.

“You are not driving my car, she only like’s me.” I said.

“She?” He laughed. “Come on Shannon it’s not like I’m gonna hurt it or anything.”

“No way.” I said firmly. “Why can’t we take your car?”

“Because you don’t want me to drive yours.” He said.

I crossed my arm over my chest. “What are you five?”

“Yep, let’s go.” He replied walking out the door with my keys in hand.

I quickly caught up with him and jerked the keys from him grasp. “Then that means you can’t drive.”

He looked at me a little surprised and laughed. “Good one, but I’ll drive it sometime.”

“We’ll see.” I shot.

Austin walked to the side door and placed Izzy car seat in a buckled her in next. Once we were both ready to go I started the car and pulled out. It felt so good to drive my car again. I don’t like to be chauffeured around, I like driving myself.

I switched on XM radio and  found the station I liked before cranking up the volume, although not as loud as I normally listened to it because Izzy was in the car.

I pulled my sunglasses from the sunviser and placed them on face and looked over at Austin who was starring at me.

“What?”

“Nothing.” He chuckled.

“Sure.” I smiled and focused my attention back on the road.

Halfway to TCBY my favorite song came on and played through the speaker and I squealed in delight. “I love this song.”

“Good morning and good night
I'll wake up at twilight
It's gonna be alright
We don't even have to try
It's always a good time

Woah-oh-oh-oh Woah-oh-oh-oh
It's always a good time
Woah-oh-oh-oh Woah-oh-oh-oh
We don't even have to try, it's always a good time.”

Austin laughed at me and shook his head. “You really need to listen to some good music.”

“Hello this is good music. I feel bad that you don’t see it.” I faked sadness.

“I’ll find you some good music.” He added switching through the stations.

“Hey hands off.” I complained.

“No way, you made me listen to Bieber so now you have to listen to my music.” He said.

I rolled my eyes. I knew that would come back and bite me in the ass. He may have won this time but there are plenty more opportunities for me another time.

Austin skipped through at least a dozen stations before landing on the one he wanted. The song playing sounded a little familiar so I waited to hear the words.

“This is good music. Linkin Park, Shinedown, Seether and many more if you gave it a chance.”

“Hmm I could say the same to you.” I replied.

He smirked. “Touché”

When the band finally sang I recognized it instantly and began to sing along.

“We're building it up
To break it back down
We're building it up
To burn it down
We can't wait
To burn it to the ground”

“I love this song. Jesse always listens to this.”

“Who?”

“My Brother or Step Brother I guess.”

“I didn’t know you had a brother.”

I sighed. “Yeah, he’s in college and doesn’t come home often.”

“When he does should I be worried?” He laughed. “He isn’t going to go all big brother on me is he?”

“He might, you better watch out.” I Smiled.

After another ten minutes we were in full view of the ice cream shop and Izzy was excited. She was already naming off all the flavors of ice cream she wanted. I think I even heard some that weren’t even any I had heard of.

I had to admit spending the day with Austin and Izzy hadn’t been a bad as I thought it would. All in all I had a good time.

After parking the car Austin unbuckled Izzy from her seat and held her hand until we got inside. The line seemed to be small and I was thankful because I don’t Izzy could hold out much longer.

While looking over the menu I felt a light tap on my shoulder from behind me. I slowly turned around a smiled when I was who it was.

“Jace what are doing here? School isn’t out yet.” I said.

“I know but my last period is a free one so I cut out early.” He said.

“Lucky you.” I smiled.

“You just seem to be everywhere.” Austin said starring an amused at Jace.

Jace looked surprised at seeing Austin and looked back to me. “I’m sorry am I interrupting something.”

“No.” “Yes.” Austin and I said at the same time.

“Sorry, I’ll just catch up with you later. Are we still on for tonight?” He asked.

Tonight? What is he- Oh crap tonight is our date. I totally forgot. Well better not tell him that.

“Yep, I’ll see you then.”

After Jace bid us goodbye we ordered our ice cream and sat down, Austin was unnaturally quiet the whole time which was a bit odd. He looked a little unhappy to. I wonder what’s eating him.

Oh well I have to other things to figure out. Like what I’m gonna wear tonight on my date. Maybe Tins has something I can wear. Lets hope.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Here is it. Sorry it took so long.

Is anyone else happy about the date or are you all team Austin? Jace isn’t a bad guy so who knows where things will go.

Comment….Vote….Fan

'Good Time’ video on the side>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Banner by DreamingOfFreedom>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

282 2 18
Can one summer change everything for Tyler and Angel? Angel the party animals who loves her friends more than anything. She's got a history that's ne...
1.8K 78 23
Austin Voss is a player, one the biggest ones there are. He doesn't really care about the girls all he wants is to play them and then dump them. He...
204K 6.6K 24
When the shy, sarcastic nerd bumps into the egotistical, bad boy that is Tyler Reed, her life changes. Soon enough the shy nerd has become the girl p...
3.1K 65 33
Erica and Liam are only 11 or 12 when they decided they want to be 'girlfriend and boyfriend.' When they both decide to do this, they both know that...