Liars And Thieves

Door ashhhirwin

"๐Œ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ, ๐ˆ ๐๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐ฆ๐ž๐š๐ง ๐ญ๐จ ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ง๐ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ž ๐š๐ข๐ง'๐ญ ๐ง๐จ ๐›๐ž๐ญ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ง ๐ญ... Meer

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Author's Note

Chapter 48

438 15 0
Door ashhhirwin

Night had fallen but the rain still continued. Arthur and Grace remained sitting together as they enjoyed each other's company they had both missed very much. While some of them slept, Abigail and Tilly were preparing more food to help Pearson and let the man have a rest. The door creaked open to reveal Dutch. Dutch grinned with relief as the gang all rose to their feet, welcoming Dutch. Everyone began to speak at once, Abigail hurrying over to Dutch.

"Dutch, Dutch they got John!" Abigail informed, trying not to panic. Dutch held a hand up to Abigail.

"Okay, okay," Dutch eased the woman. Abigail let him past as he walked into the cabin, the gang all erupting from the other room to meet him. As everyone continued to talk over each other, all full of relief to see Dutch had returned in one peace Dutch spoke over everyone.

"How'd you folks find each other?" He asked, grinning with relief to see everyone. "What happened?" He asked another question. As he continued to look around at everyone in amazement he stuttered. "Can... can somebody get me a cup of coffee or something?" He asked with a bit of humour in his voice. Tilly happily got up, heading into the other room to fetch Dutch coffee. 

"It was Mrs. Adler who saved us, Dutch. After the robbery in Saint Denis she got us away from the camp before the Pinkertons turned up." Leopold began to explain. Sadie nodded in appreciation at Leopold. "Then Mrs. Adler, Ms. Peters and Mr. Smith drove away the degenerates that were living here!" Tilly appeared back into the room, handing Dutch his coffee before sitting back down in front of Sadie. Dutch looked over at Sadie with appreciation. 

"Mrs. Adler, we owe you," Dutch praised. Sadie threw a hand in denial as everyone cheered for her, Grace grinning happily at the woman. She had to agree with Leopold, if Sadie didn't act as quick as she did, they would all be rotting corpses in Shady Bell. "Thank you," Dutch thanked as everyone fell quiet. 

"It's been real hard, Dutch," Tilly spoke up. Dutch's eyes fell on the woman as everyone fell quiet so they could listen. "We... we been surviving, but only just. What we gonna do?" Tilly asked, her voice full of concern. A few nods were shared as people also wanted to know what was going to happen next. 

"Things have been tough," Dutch agreed with her. Tilly nodded at him as he continued. "There ain't no doubt about that. Trust me I am gonna get us out of here. This ain't over," Dutch reminded, attempting to keep everyone strong. Grace nodded, trying to build up the courage of her camp mates. 

"Ain't none of you folks interested in our adventures?" Micah joked as he pushed past Abigail and Dutch before chuckling at himself. 

"Guess we're more interested in escaping the hangmen on our tail," Abigail informed as she looked over at everyone else, speaking over him as he chuckled. 

"Cheerful nymph of the prairie, wasn't you, Abigail?" Micah responded sarcastically as Abigail pushed past everyone to get into the other room. 

"Oh sure, my fair heart jumps for joy when I set eyes on you, Micah," Abigail joked as she called back to the room everyone had gathered in. Micah chuckled, holding his hands up in defeat as Abigail made her way back into the room with a cup. "We buried Hosea, Dutch. Charles and I stole his body from the law one night and gave him a proper burial," Abigail informed. Arthur nodded, grateful to Abigail and Charles. "It was real nice," Abigail grinned. Everyone nodded with agreement before the door erupted again, announcing Bill's arrival. 

"Well here you is," Bill started as he marched in, Suddenly the joy was washed away by Bill's temper. "Well I asked everyone I could find and eventually someone knew. Said you fools were out here!" He hissed as he marched in further, approaching Tilly, Grace and Sadie. "Shit... get me a drink or something!"

"Get your own damn drink!" Sadie spat at the angered man. 

"In our absence, Mrs. Adler here has been looking after things," Dutch stepped in, Bill turning around to look at the gang leader. "Now sit down," Dutch ordered as he handed Bill his drink Tilly had given him. 

"This is Agent Milton with the Pinkerton Detective Agency!" Milton's voice boomed from outside. Concerned faces filled the room as Tilly rose slowly from her seat, Leopold back away from the door.

"Already?" Dutch questioned in disbelief. 

"On behalf of Cornwall Kerosene and Tar, the United States Government and the Commonwealth of West Elizabeth-" As Milton continued, Grace and Sadie ushered everyone back into the back room, informing everyone to keep their heads down. 

"Here we go!" Dutch informed, drawing his duel wielding volcanic pistols.

"-We are here to arrest you! Come out with you hands up!" Milton ordered. Arthur peeked out the window, watching Milton and the Pinkertons. Grace could hear Milton's voice faintly as he began to talk to his men. Suddenly gunfire flooded the cabin, all the gang members dropping to the floor. Grace quickly ducked into the room Tilly hadn't made it into yet.

"Everyone get down!" Dutch yelled over the gunfire. 

"Tilly!" Grace shouted out to her. Tilly looked behind her, taking Grace's hand she had outstretched for her to take as Arthur and Sadie began to crawl to the back door. Tilly struggled to reach for her hand before finally she managed to grab it, Grace quickly pulling her to safety. Tilly thanked her as she caught her breath. 

"Asked everyone you could find, did you Bill?" Micah hissed, already trying to pick a fight. 

"This is real bad!" Abigail cried out as she hid with everyone else. 

"Just stay down, all of you!" Arthur ordered. As much as Grace wanted to follow Arthur and Sadie, she knew it was best for her to stay here. 

"Stay here, okay? You'll be safe," Grace informed as she turned her attention back to Tilly. Tilly nodded a quick nod and Grace looked across over to Dutch. "Dutch! What can I do?" Grace called out over to Dutch. Dutch ducked his head as a bullet whizzed past him before looking across to her. 

"Just stay here for now, once we know Arthur and Sadie are ready you and Bill will join them," Dutch informed. Grace gave him a nod, Bill also hearing the plan. "The rest of us will stay in here and around the cabin, keep this cabin safe for the women and children!" Dutch roared loud enough for the rest of the gang to hear. Grace heard a lantern shatter and flames engulf. 

"Shit, fire!" Susan announced. 

"Just stay calm, Arthur and Sadie won't be too long!" Dutch encouraged. "As soon as I say so, move into the room that Ms. Peters and Ms. Jackson are in!" Dutch planned, Susan giving him a nod of approval. Grace watched as Susan turned to the rest of the women, telling them to remain calm. Abigail had managed to make her way to Jack and was using her body as a shield. A roar of fury escaped from Arthur as he managed to grab the attention of the Pinkertons. The gunfire turned away from the cabin towards the cabin Sadie and Arthur were in. Dutch waved a hand up in the air. "Now! Now! Women and children, move! The rest flank them!" Dutch ordered. Grace watched as everyone moved into new positions. Grace watched in alarm as Dutch followed to join Bill. Grace managed to grab his arm, pulling him back. With her action, Dutch gave her a look of anger.

"You'll get killed. Stay here, please!" Grace pleaded. Dutch hesitated before giving her a nod and hurrying past her to the room she had left.

"Come on, Grace!" Bill shouted from outside. Grace bolted out the building, firing her repeater as soon as she stepped foot outside the cabin. She joined Bill's side as he repeatedly fired at some of the Pinkertons near the cabin. Charles, Javier and Micah hung back, defending the cabin just as Dutch asked. Grace felt Bill's hand fall on her shoulder as he quickly pushed them down to the ground as a wave of bullets roared at them.

"They're coming from the side! Come on, let's push 'em back!" Sadie noticed that the two of them had to duck down. Sadie and Arthur fired shots at the Pinkertons who had fired at Grace and Bill, distracting the Pinkertons from Bill and Grace. The two of them got back on their feet and ran forward, firing at the Pinkterons who attempted to ambush the two of them. Grace watched as their bullets took them down, piercing through their bodies. Grace ordered Bill to follow as she led them towards Arthur and Sadie.

"Don't think for one minute you're going to have fun all by yourself!" Bill shouted as the two of them joined Arthur and Sadie as they pushed in to the treeline the Pinkertons were trying to come through in. Sadie snickered as she ducked behind a tree, taking cover from the Pinkertons as they charged forward. Grace quickly aimed her repeater, managing to crack a bullet through one of their skulls, scaring the Pinkertons and making them split.

"Shit, keep your eyes peeled and guns ready!" Arthur informed as he noticed the Pinkertons split from Grace's immediate head shot. Grace nodded, throwing her repeater strap over her shoulder and duel-wielding her revolver and a hunting knife. She moved into a crouch, keeping low as she headed left noticing some Pinkertons had fled left. She tried to keep her footsteps as quiet as possible in attempt to sneak up on them, taking them out without alerting them. She knew alerting them were the least of her problems however, the big problem was trying to find them. As she continued to sneak forward nice and slow, her attention was caught by a footstep in the mud. The squelching noise caught her attention and looking to her left she saw a Pinkerton barrelling towards her. She let out a cry of triumph as her blade sunk into the man's neck, knowing she had already succeeded in killing him. Her attention turned to her right to see a Pinkerton aiming a revolver at her. Before he could cock the cartridge into place, Grace had already pulled the trigger, the man falling over backwards as the bullet struck him in the heart. Grace looked back at the man who was now dead from her knife, pulling her knife out of his neck before his body fell to the ground. Grace fired in front of her as Pinkertons greeted her with their own bullets. She let out a gasp as she felt a bullet nick her shoulder, drawing a bit of blood as it skimmed her skin. She scolded in anger and fired at the man who almost got her, killing him with multiple shots to the chest. 

"There's more of them, get on that gatling gun, Arthur!" Sadie roared as the butt of her repeater slammed across the face of a Pinkerton in close combat. Arthur nodded from behind the tree he was covering behind, Bill running with him as he provided Arthur some cover as he helped Arthur get towards the gun. Grace ran over to Sadie to make sure she was okay. The woman gave her a nod before the two of them quickly ran back to join Bill and Arthur. Arthur climbed up onto the small wagon the Pinkertons had rode the gatling gun in on as he took hold of the gun. Sadie and Grace both hid together behind the crates next to the gatling gun, trying to keep Arthur covered as they both knew the Pinkertons would try and take him out first. The roar of the gatling gun deafened Grace as Arthur fired at the Pinkertons, she could hear the bullets ripping through their skin. Arthur looked to the left, noticing more Pinkertons were coming through the trees. 

"Keep your head down, I'm swinging this around!" Arthur announced to Bill as he shifted the gun to the left, helping Bill out. Grace peeked over the crates her and Sadie were behind, spotting Pinkertons moving in on their right.

"You ready?" Grace breathed to Sadie. Sadie looked at Grace and gave her a nod, the two women stepping up together and firing a few shots at them before ducking back down. Grace knew her and Sadie probably took down at least two Pinkertons. Grace looked up to Arthur. "Some help here!" And with that Arthur swung the gatling gun back around and towards the Pinkertons on the right. The battle felt like it continued for years before finally the Pinkertons began to fall back, fleeing under Milton's command. 

"That's right! Run you spineless sons of bitches!" Bill shouted after them, waving his rifle in the air threateningly. Arthur sighed with relief as he jumped off of the wagon confidently, Grace welcoming him by placing a hand on his shoulder before kissing his cheek. 

"You saved us, Arthur," Dutch called out as he opened the door to the cabin, moving out of the cabin with a few of the gang members. Grace realised Micah behind him, meaning that him, Charles and Javier must've fallen back when Arthur got on the gatling gun. 

"Well, me and Bill, Grace and Sadie," Arthur corrected as Dutch approached the four of them. Grace caught sight of Micah approaching a struggling Pinkerton agent before plunging a knife into his neck, putting him out of his misery. 

"You all okay?" Dutch asked the four of them. Everyone nodded including Grace before she motioned to her shoulder. 

"I got skimmed but I'm fine," Grace informed as she noticed Dutch had caught glimpse of a small amount of blood seeping through her shirt. He nodded at her. 

"Well, we ain't been back for more than a few hours," Micah grunted in annoyance, annoyed with the situation the gang were in. 

"What we do, Dutch?" Arthur asked as he rested up against the wagon. 

"Clearly, we need to leave," Dutch announced. Grace spotted Abigail hurrying over to join the group. "It'll take them some time to regroup," Dutch explained before quickly turning around back to the cabin. "Mr. Pearson, Miss Grimshaw, start packing up. Javier, you and Bill get outta here. Go scare off any scum still loitering about, we need a couple of days," Dutch gave out orders. Susan and Pearson obeyed, immediately getting the others together to get to work. Abigail joined the group, stepping in beside Micah. "Now! Please gentlemen," Dutch shouted louder as Bill continued to stand there dumbfound. 

"Sure," Bill answered before heading towards the horses, Javier leaving the cabin to follow Bill. Dutch turned towards the wagon, resting his hands against the wood of the wagon next to Arthur. 

"What next, Dutch?" Arthur questioned again.

"We just need some time. I just, I, I need some time," Dutch stuttered. Grace knew Dutch was starting to get worried. "Now we can't go east, cos' then we'll be in the ocean so we're gonna have to go north, I guess?" Dutch contemplated. "I just need somebody to buy me some goddamn time, one of you," Dutch grew annoyed, slamming a hand on the wagon before turning back around. 

"You'll figure it out boss, you always do," Micah comforted. Grace frowned at Micah, not buying his sudden sweetness towards Dutch. 

"What are you gonna do about John, Dutch?" Abigail spoke up, taking a step forward. 

"John?"

"He's in jail," Abigail informed once again.

"W-w-we'll get him Abigail. Just not, not yet," Dutch ensured, holding his hands up in reassurance. Grace continued to frown as she looked at Dutch in confusion. They had waited this long already because they knew they needed more guns to do this and now Dutch was putting it off. 

"There's talk of hanging him!" Abigail argued, her voice shaking. 

"It's not gonna come to that," Dutch scoffed, waving a head of disapproval at her before walking away. 

"Dutch!" Both Abigail and Grace called out to him in unison, looking at each other after.

"Not now, Miss, I... not now!" Dutch yelled out behind him as him and Micah continued back to the cabin. Abigail shook her head in disapproval at Dutch before grabbing Sadie's arm, pulling the woman closer to the group. 

"I'm begging you three. He's... they're gonna hang him. It would break my... the boy's heart. Please, do something," Abigail corrected herself as she pleaded to the three of them. Grace could see the worry washing over Abigail as she thought of the fact of leaving John in Sisika for any longer. 

"We will," Sadie comforted the distressed woman. Abigail gave the three of them a nod before slowly stepping away and heading back to the cabin. 

"He'll be okay," Grace reminded Abigail as the woman headed back to the cabin. Grace turned back to Arthur and Sadie. "Okay. I'm gonna go figure out how we rescue this bastard," Sadie informed.

"Now?" Arthur questioned.

"Yes, now," Sadie insisted with a frown. Her frown faded as she looked at the two of them, giving them a small nod as she continued. "Meet me at Doyle's Tavern on Milyonne Avenue," Sadie gave them the information that her and Dutch needed before heading off to the horses, leaving immediately. Arthur sighed, turning to Grace. Before he could say a word, Grace cut him off.

"She's been working on this the entire time you've been gone," Grace explained. Arthur's mouth fell shut as she stopped him from talking. "She said it's the least she can do for Abigail. Abigail helped her a lot when she first joined us. It's the least she can do," Grace repeated. Arthur gave her a nod, understanding what was going on now. 

"Will it be safe though? That place is a goddamn prison crawling with guards," Arthur reminded, lowering his voice. Grace frowned at him.

"Of course it will, as long as we listen to Sadie. I believe and trust her and she trusts us, Arthur. John needs us," Grace encouraged. Arthur nodded without hesitation before he grabbed Grace's hand.

"Alright. Now, let's get helping," Arthur suggested. The two of them walked hand in hand, Grace swinging their hands together slightly causing Arthur to chuckle. 

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

3.6K 267 32
[A Slow Burn Arthur Morgan x OC Story] ~ By 1897, Joyce Robbins is a petty criminal in her late 20s due to a series of unfortunate events - the comm...
48K 2.2K 20
โžต โY'know... I ain't a good man.โž โYou're good to me, and that's enough.โž โžต Arthur Morgan had heard many tales about grand treasures hidden all over...
20.2K 644 32
"We do more than hunting... We're hunted" "If we have to fight, we fight. If we have to run, we'll run If we must die, we'll die, But... We'll stay f...
581 17 11
"in memory of arthur morgan, the greatest man who ever lived" (y/n) morgan was found by arthur as a helpless baby in a box in blackwater, and ever si...