a daydream away - namkook

By -vmon-

in which Jungkook, a sucker for Namjoon, sucks at communication. © 2019. More

00
01
02
03
04
05
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24

06

4.5K 242 322
By -vmon-

length: 1.7K words

He was going to do it. Jungkook was actually going to do it. He wasn't quite sure he was going to do it right but he was going to do it (!!!) and that alone was more than good enough.

With his eyes set on the plain brown door in front of him — the entrance to Kim Namjoon's and Min Yoongi's infamous flat — he took a deep breath and ran a hand through his hair, hoping it looked fluffy and that he hadn't flattened it down instead. He tugged on his jacket's sleeves in a pitiful attempt to look a little smaller; a little cuter. Because he was looking cuter than usual. Jungkook was looking extremely cute. Positively adorable, babie material, boyfriendly cute.

...Anyway.

The plan? Jungkook was going to knock on the door. Namjoon would open it. Namjoon would be like, "Hey come in, bro."

And then Jungkook would be like, "Don't call me bro when we're about to go out on a date."

Okay. No. Absolutely not. Backtrack.

Namjoon would open the door and he would ask Jungkook to come in and then he would ask him if everything was okay and Jungkook would reassure him that everything was, in fact, fine! But he was wondering if Namjoon was busy?

And Namjoon, probably busy, would deny it and be like, "Never too busy for my baby," with a badly-composed wink, and then Jungkook would implode but remain composed and calm and be like, "haha, your baby, gay. Gayyy."

Nope. Definitely not that. Backtrack, again.

Namjoon would deny being busy. Jungkook would ask him out. Namjoon would be like, "Huh? Sure. Where are we going?"

Jungkook would tell him, "On a date."

And since Jungkook looked positively adorable, babie material, boyfriendly cute, Namjoon would gasp, and consider it for a minute, and then realise that they would look so fucking adorable together! And then he'd say yes and he'd blush and Jungkook would literally explode this time and his limbs would be distributed across the globe and Namjoon would have to go on a quest looking for them and it would be the cutest thing ever. Dora the explorer. But for adults. Namjoon the explorer.

Okay, no. That sounded like the title of a bad porno.

Then Namjoon would write songs about him and Jungkook would sing them and god, they'd be such a power couple. They'd make a better couple than Angelina Jolie and Beyoncé would if they dated in an alternate universe. Hm. Jungkook had never thought about the idea of Angelina Jolie and Beyoncé together but... they were both iconic women whom he genuinely adored. Also, the whole actress+singer trope? Amazing.

Almost as amazing as the Namjoon+Jungkook trope.

With a self-reminder to tell Taehyung about the lesbian fiction idea he just came up with on the spot, in less than thirty seconds, and to flex on it as much as he could, Jungkook grinned and rapped on the door, stifling a giggle when Namjoon yelled at him to come in.

But because plan included Namjoon specifically opening the door, and because he wanted to procrastinate as much as he fucking could, Jungkook started banging it with his knee. Then with his phone.

"What the fu— Oh."

The plan failed.

"Hi Jimin," Jungkook grinned, clenching his fists, mentally setting buildings on fire. "Hyung's here?"

"I'm your hyung too," Jimin grumbled, moving away from the entrance. Jungkook snorted. "Yeah. C'mon in. Before the neighbours call the cops."

"Kook?" Namjoon called from the living room. "I knew it was you! Jimin, pay up."

"I'm broke," Jimin huffed. "In my defence, Kook never shows up uninvited and abuses the door like this, okay?"

"And Tae does?"

"Yes?" Jimin said disbelievingly. "God, it's like you were never roommates with him. Anyway, Jeon Jungkook, what's up?"

"Nothing. I'm just annoying. And I finished an entire carton of banana milk this morning," Jungkook said, shrugging nonchalantly. He was cool. He totally didn't pour out his nerves on the poor door. "Every time I move I can feel the milk swishing and swooshing inside my stomach."

Really cool, Jungkook. So fucking cool. Namjoon was probably gonna swoon any moment now. Namjoon and swoon rhymed for a reason — Jungkook's Coolness.

Why the fuck was Jimin there? He loved Jimin, he'd die for Jimin, he'd take not only a bullet, but a whole grenade for him — Captain America: The First Avenger Style — but why the fuck was Jimin here? Now?

Fuck. Jungkook was nervous.

"Right..." Namjoon said. "Is everything okay?"

No.

"Yes! Of course," Jungkook said, smiling. "I just, um, are you busy right now?"

No backing out.

"Nah, I'm never too busy for my favourite Kookie," Namjoon said, taking off his glasses. Jimin snorted and sat down on the couch, next to Namjoon. "So, what's up?"

My favourite Kookie. Fuck. Fucking hell. Motherfucking eternal damnation.

"Uh." Jungkook's eyes drifted to Jimin. He wished he could punch him in his smug, tiny face. "I wanted to... ask you something."

"Shoot."

"I hope that you'll, uh, be understanding but like, it's okay if you're not, you know? Like I'll just keep it to myself and try to... get over it. Because like, it's not a big deal and just— yeah," Jungkook rambled, swallowing nervously. "I just have to say it even though things might change and. Well. I hope they don't and if they do then I hope it's... for the better? Fuck— we'll get to this."

Namjoon and Jimin both blinked at him.

"This is awkward. Really fucking awkward — you know what? Forget it," Jungkook snapped, covering his face with his hands. "'S not a big deal. It's nothing."

He instantly regretted snapping. His hyungs hadn't even said anything — instead, they had just let him rant without interrupting or mocking him so why was he acting out like this? Hell, why was he overthinking and rambling and embarrassing himself in the first place?

Why did Jimin have to be there?

Jungkook heard a soft sigh and some rustling, then felt a small pair of hands over his, pulling them down and away from his face.

"You could've just called instead of coming over so I'm guessing it must be pretty serious," Jimin said, squinting suspiciously at Jungkook as he rubbed the back of his hands with his thumbs.

Jungkook turned back to Namjoon whose eyes seemed to widen in realisation. Huh. What?

"And it's okay. Kookie... We'll love you no matter what. We don't really get it but as long as it's not harming anyone, it's okay, yeah?" Jimin said, smiling. his suspicious expression turning into a warm one. Namjoon nodded along, also smiling carefully.

"Thanks?"

Namjoon added, "I did some research — to an extent — after what Taehyung told us and I'm still confused but I'm willing to hear you out."

"Me too," Jimin agreed. "And all of our friends, too. Everyone's cool with Tae and they'll be cool with you."

"Huh?" Jungkook blinked. "Tae? What the—"

Fuck. Did Taehyung tell them about the fan-accounts? Or... even worse, the vines...?

"And we saw it coming, to be honest. We were talking about it earlier," Jimin said, smirking as he nudged Namjoon in the ribs. "About how our feelings towards you won't change, right, Joonie?"

Blushing, Namjoon nodded and pushed Jimin weakly.

"Feelings? Wait, what—"

"Yeah," Namjoon interrupted. "Nothing will change. So, Kookie, tell us."

"Tell you?" Jungkook asked, pulling at his sleeves. "Uh, I— Jiminie, can we have some privacy? Hyung and I?"

Namjoon smiled fondly and Jimin snorted as he stood up, not bothering to call him out. Small mercies.

"I'm offended that you don't wanna tell me even though my own boyfriend is like this too, but, well," Jimin shrugged as he turned and walked away. "I'll go raid your kitchen!"

His boyfriend is like him? Yoongi wasn't in love with Namjoon but... Taehyung on the other hand...?

"Have fun!" Namjoon yelled after him before turning to Jungkook again. "So, Kookie... tell me."

It couldn't be.

"I'm kinda confused right now so I don't really—"

"Jungkook, I'm your best friend. I'd never judge you for that shit, so just say it," Namjoon sighed said, smiling.

Best friend. Aw.

"I— okay?"

"Yeah. What's your fursona?"

Suddenly, the sound of glass shattering rung across the flat, followed by a high-pitched "Fuck, sorry!" Namjoon was instantly on his feet and out of sight, and Jungkook had to sit down before his knees gave up because what the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck?

"What the fuck?" He mumbled a minute later, when he was done replaying the entire conversation in his head.

"Yeah," Jimin said, walking in and sitting down next to him. "I broke the yellow mug — the one I bought last month, remember? I'm an idiot."

"Sad." Jungkook muttered. Then, "The fuck? Tae is a furry?"

"Yes. You're not alone, see?" Jimin grinned. "Still, though, don't instantly tell Yoongi, I—"

"I'm not a furry, Jimin."

Jimin snorted. "Of course. Anyway, Yoongi would—"

"Tae's not in love with Joon?"

"What," Jimin froze, a shocked expression slowly taking over his features. "No. What the fu—"

"Nevermind. Um, you and Namjoon talked about how I might be a furry?" Jungkook stammered out, feeling breathless. Kind of dizzy. And super confused. And weirded the fuck out.

"Yeah," Jimin confirmed. "Told you no one's feelings towards you will change. Also, we assumed your fursona would be a rabbit because of the whole. Bunny thing."

"Bunny thing?" Jungkook repeated, scrunching his nose.

"You—" Jimin began, squinting at Jungkook. "Yes."

"I can relate to puppies too, though. Can I be both? A bunny and a puppy?"

"Yeah, like a hybrid," Namjoon said, walking in. "So, anyway, if you're not a furry, what did you wanna talk about?"

His mouth went dry. "Um. Exactly that, actually. I'm questioning whether I'm a furry or not and I was too scared to just go and ask anyone — you know? Especially since I can, um, relate to both puppies and dogs. I mean, puppies and rabbits. Bunnies."

Bitches, too. Jungkook was a bitch furry. Probably.

Namjoon blinked and nodded. "Yes. Of course, Kookie, c'mon. I love you. I'll go get my laptop."

"I love you too," Jungkook muttered, his lower lip jutting out as Namjoon left the room. Jimin's eyes trailed from the hallway and back to Jungkook. He raised an eyebrow.

Jungkook cleared his throat. "What."

Jimin hummed. "Nothing. Nothing at all. So, tell me. You thought for a moment that Tae's in love with hyung... why?"

"Forget about it."

Jimin's mouth twitched. "Hm. I see."

is anyone even reading this 🥺

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.9K 241 22
Story of Kim Taehyung x Jeon Jungkook x reader.
1.7M 96.2K 50
in which namjoon decides to anonymously message a fangirl. © minoficent 2016 [pretty much a bts crack fic]
387K 20.4K 41
In which Jimin loves Yoongi's blog and Yoongi finds him annoying. -- 5/20/17~ #236 in Fanfiction 5/24/17~ #245 in Fanfiction 5/22/17~# 250 in Fanfict...
42.6K 1.7K 11
A story about friendship turned to hate and a love broken by betrayal.