[ON-GOING] Detroit: Become Hu...

By midnightXcross

One shots involving Markus, Connor, Ralph, Simon , Luther and many more characters from Detroit: Become Huma... More

REQUEST HERE (Closed)
Fighting for a Reason (Yandere!Connor x Reader)
Creating a Masterpiece (Markus x Reader)
A Queen for a King (Yandere!Markus x Reader)
Someone to Live For (Ralph x Reader)
To love an android (Ralph x Yandere!Reader)
You're the Android sent from Cyberlife (Human!Connor x Android!Reader)
The Meaning of Family (Simon x Reader)
A Human Kind of Attraction (North x Connor x Reader Love Triangle)
A Human Kind of Emotion (RK900 x Reader)
Programmed to Love You (Yandere!RK900 x Reader)
My Savior (Yandere! Connor x Reader)
It's not like I'm deviant... (Tsundere!Connor x Reader)
Love Sick (Connor x Sick!Reader)
Space Cadet (Tsundere!Gavin x Shy!Reader)
Eternally Beautiful (Yandere!Kamski x Reader)
Growing Up With You (Connor x Child!Reader)
A Human Companion (Daniel x Reader)
Written In the Stars (Deviant!Connor x Reader)
Writers Block?? (Author Note)
Tears of an Android (Human!Connor x Android!Reader)
Caged (Yandere!Ralph x Reader)
Born Deviant (RK900 x Creator!Reader)
True Strength (Markus x Shy!Reader)
Vampire AU (Vampire!Connor x Reader)
Someone to Care for (Child!Connor x Reader)

Waking Nightmare (Yandere!Connor x Reader) 'Fighting For a Reason P.2'

6.4K 152 90
By midnightXcross

Author Note: So as you guys probably know, I've been struggling a lot with my writers block. I've tried to write regular one shots, but for some reason I keep going on tangents that don't really relate to the story?? I don't know why, I just seem to be struggling with the words. So today I'm just writing a short yandere one shot to try and get back into the flow. :) I hope you will enjoy!

[This is Part 2 to 'Fighting For a Reason']

WARNING: Scary themes, and a crazy yandere Connor

---

332... 333... 334... 335...

You counted each droplet of water you heard drip from somewhere on the ceiling and land onto the dank cement floor.

It was all you had to distract you from your current misery.

How could everything have gone so wrong?

You had all your dreams ahead of you. It was all so clearly paved out. You could have continued your training, become a great officer. You imagined all the crime you could've stop, all the people you could have saved. All your training and effort was for nothing now.

When you met Connor, you never could have imagined how he would change your life.

You didn't know how long you had been trapped in this place. Maybe it had been years; or perhaps it had only been a week. You tried counting, as a way to not only calm your mind but also in the hopes of counting the time. However, you kept loosing your place making the activity pointless.

As you sat in the darkness, your arms bound somewhere behind you, you only had one desire: to escape.

However... it certainly wouldn't be easy.

You always knew when he was coming. You could hear the scrape of a door sliding open, see his face illuminated by his LED.

"I'm back [F/N]..." He would say, moving close to you, and you would squint as a light was shone into your face.

Normally Connor would not stay for long. He would bring you food, a change of clothing, sometimes extra blankets to keep you warm in the basement.

You tried to ask him about the outside world, and what was going to happen to you, but he always managed to dodge your questions.

One time, he caught you crying as you sat alone in the darkness. You felt him pull you into his arms, and stroke your hair.

"Do you not like this place [F/N]?"

"No..." You gasped as your body racked with sobs, "I want to leave... please Connor. I want to see the outside world, the sun..."

You heard Connor sigh as he leaned back to study your face.

"I know this place doesn't suit you... but it won't be too long now darling..." He smiled slightly as he traced your features with his finger. "Soon you will have a place that you can call your own..." Then he pulled you tighter into his arms.

"The police are still out there, searching for you. They are infuriatingly persistent, but I assure you, they won't find you." You continued to sob, unable to move away from Connor, but at the same time, strangely not wanting to.

"I will do whatever it takes to keep you safe... you know that, right?" Connor asked you, and you felt a chill down your spine. He said that to you often, and it left you wondering if he was saying it to reassure you; or reassure himself that his actions were morally right. You didn't reply, and he squeezed you tighter. "I'm only doing this because I love you. I know it's difficult, but you'll just have to bare with it for now." You shook in his arms with your tears, and he wiped them away.

Every day was like a repeating loop. You would wake up in a daze, to find Connor beside you, shoving food or water into your mouth, keeping you from starving or dying of thirst. Most times, you would wake up to find the dark room empty of life, save for the quiet sounds of mice in the darkness. But even when Connor was by your side, you had never felt so alone.

The only thing that saved you was the peaceful void of sleep that took you every night. In that realm of darkness, you could finally be away from all the stress.

But too soon, it would be over and you would awaken again to the same nightmare. It happened so often that you had given up feeling hope of awakening to safety now. Your mind was slowly being shattered.

Yet you still couldn't give in.

One day, you awoke with new-found determination. Connor had begun to trust you enough to take the binds off your wrists and ankles. You could walk around your dark room, and whenever he left, you took your time feeling around the walls. You had a vague map of the room in your mind now, and you hoped it would some day come in handy for you to have the chance to escape.

Connor never forgot to lock the door. You assumed that as an android, he had a familiar routine mapped in his mind. You knew that you could not change anything in his routine, but perhaps you could find a way to escape that he wouldn't notice.

After studying the room for quite some time, you came to understand that the door was the only way out. So one day, after Connor had left, you went to work on the door.

First you tried to pick the lock, but of course, you were unable to do it. Next you tried to pull the hinges off the door, which proved to be practically impossible. Connor had left you no tools to use, most likely already considering this situation. With no other choices, in your desperation, you picked up your chair and slammed it over the doorknob.

To your utter amazement, you heard the doorknob smash and fall to the cement ground. You heard a creak as the old door moved open. Relief flooded into you, but you weren't safe yet.

The next room was just as dark, but through some dim lighting in the ceiling, you could see a rickety staircase. You climbed up, to find a basement door, which was where the light had been seeping through. You hesitantly pushed it open. You winced as it banged against the floorboards, but luckily, no one was around to hear. You cautiously stepped out, your bare feet scrapping painfully on the old wooden floors. You felt almost blinded as sunlight pierced into you.

It seemed you had been in the basement of an abandoned house. Some of the walls were missing, and broken furniture and toys littered the floor. You had no idea where you were, but you had to run. If Connor returned and found you out here, you weren't sure what he would do to you.

You ran through the trees, away from your cage. Your feet ached, and you were sure they were bleeding with callouses, but you didn't care. Every time you moved, your body recoiled from the pain, but you tried to ignore it. You hadn't used your body in such a long time, but you had to use it now if you wanted to survive.

Eventually, the trees turned to cement as you reached a city. You traveled up the alleyways, night beginning to fall as the sounds of the city made your head pound. You didn't stop running until you felt sure that Connor would never find you.

You had no idea where you were. You were so lost and confused, your mind destroyed from your time being a captive.

Ahead of you, you could see a bar where only humans were permitted. Hesitantly, you walked towards it and pushed open the door.

The bar was relatively quiet, but as you walked in, all faces turned to look at you. You stumbled on your bleeding feet towards the counter, barely taking in your surroundings. Before you could say a word however, a voice interrupted you.

"Holy shit, [F/N], is that you?"

You recoiled, your mind imagining the worst possible situation; that Connor must have found you. Relief flooded you when you saw who it actually was; Hank Anderson, Lieutenant at the police department. Before you could stop yourself, you starting crying with relief. You were finally safe.

"They all gave up on you. They all thought you had committed suicide..." The Lieutenant told you as you sat inside the room for questioning at the police department. "But I didn't give up. I didn't think you would do something like that. And I was right..."

"How long was I away?" You rasped, your voice croaking from misuse. The Lieutenant hesitated, as if unsure of how to tell you.

"Well... it's been almost a year..."

A year?! You gasped, your body shaking in horror. How could so much time have passed?

Hank gently put a hand on your shoulder.

"You have been through complete shit... but it's going to be okay. We'll keep you safe."

Soon after that, you told the police everything. You searched through your now foggy memories, recalling it all as you went along. You told them about how you had feared Gavin, and how Connor had be kind to you. You told them how Connor had captured you, and tied you in the cellar of that room. You tried to express the fear you felt as you took your chair and broke the doorknob. You weren't sure when it had started, but by the end you had tears running down your face.

The officers assured you that they would capture Connor, and make sure that he was deactivated and destroyed. Of course, you wanted this. But more than anything, you wished you could've brought back the old Connor, the one who had comforted you when you felt so alone. That Connor was gone, replaced by a terrifying psycho of a machine, determined to keep you in a cage.

The police allowed you a place at the department. It was not the most comfortable room, but you felt safer there than anywhere else.

Eventually, months had passed since the incident. Your mind and body had been left in fragments, and sadly, it seemed that your mind continued to shatter from the memories alone.

One thing still tormented you: The police never managed to find Connor. They weren't sure where he had gone. They tried to contact Cyberlife to track him down, but somehow, they were never able to make it work.

You knew that as long as Connor was still somewhere out there, you would remain in fear. You forced yourself awake most nights, desperate to not let sleep take you into it's darkness. In sleep, all you saw was Connor, coming after you again. You always woke up, screaming until your voice gave out.

Even in your waking life, the nightmares still remained. In the shadows, all you saw was Connor, coming back for you. It got so bad, that you could barely even function anymore.

One day, you simply ran from the police department, the place giving you too many memories of the Connor you used to know. You continued to run, until you were completely out of breath and your legs burned.

But as you leaned against a wall, panting for air, hope came to find you.

A car pulled up in front of you, the door swinging open.

"Need some help?" A stranger asked inside, but you hardly paid attention.

You practically leapt into the empty seat.

"I don't care where, take me as far from this place as possible!!" You begged. To your surprise, the car didn't move. You turned to the stranger; and felt your blood run cold.

It was the spitting image of Connor; but there was something oddly different about him. Unlike before, his eyes were a cold grey. And on the front of his uniform, RK900 was printed in neat uniform letters.

---

You awoke to find yourself in a soft plush bed. The silk blankets gently caressed your skin, and you felt sleep wanting to pull you under... but something continued to nag at you. You forced yourself awake and glanced around the room. It must have just been a nightmare, right? But this room was one you didn't recognize.

The floors were tiled, and the bed and furnishings all looked rather lavish and expensive. The window, where sunlight gently filtered through the curtains, was against the wall behind you. When you noticed the metal bars sealing away the outside world, you recoiled.

Before you could do anything however, the door unlocked behind you, and swung open.

A familiar man stood in the doorway, a tray in his arms. He smiled at you as you stared at him in horror.

Setting the tray down on the bedside table, he approached you. The sunlight reflected off his cold grey eyes, and the RK900 printed on his chest.

"I told you I would always protect you, didn't I?"

"C-Connor..." You whimpered.

"Oh good, so you do remember me then," His smile twisted into something vicious as you stumbled away from him, falling back onto the bed. He crawled over to you, leaning over your body.

"You destroyed me [F/N]..." Connor murmured, a darkness in his voice, "After you left, I was so worried for your safety... I... I self-destructed." Then he smiled. "Cyberlife resurrected me, in this new body." He sat up straighter so you could see it. "Do you like it?"

All you could do was stare at him in fear, shaking beneath him. You moved to get up, but he grabbed your wrists.

"Don't give me that look darling. Don't you see? I came back for you. Everything I did was for you." He lay beside you and wrapped you in his arms. "I went through hell to find you. But this time, I will never let you leave again."

You thought the previous nightmares were bad.

But the real nightmare was only just beginning.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.9K 2.4K 38
❝You must be Hank's daughter.❞ ❝Indeed I am. And you must be that detective I've heard so much about.❞ All Time Highest Rankings (Not date related):...
126K 4.7K 32
❝You know what, fuck you. I'll put up a sign that says 'No assholes allowed'.❞ ❝So you're banning yourself?❞ [Various scenarios] In which Gavin gets...
190K 3K 32
Detroit: Become Human ❈ x Reader | English Short Story Collection - In English // Completed //Content: - Chapter - Smut - Fluff - Extra chapter //Inf...
114K 1.5K 48
These are all imagines, with all our androids! I'll do xReaders or AndroidxAndroid. I will do smuts as well (we aren't innocent here). Request in the...