Je t'aime soul mate.

By angelheaven101

Halynn is the type of girl all parent wish for. Student Council president, French Club Member, Volleyball Pla... More

Ch. 1 How I fell for him. Literally...
Ch. 2 How I fell for him. Literally...
Ch. 3 How I fell for him. Literally...
Ch. 4 How I fell for him. Literally...
Ch. 5 How I fell for him. Literally...
Ch. 6 How I fell for him. Literally...
Ch. 7 How I fell for him. Literally...
Ch. 8 How I fell for him. Literally...
Ch. 9 How I fell for him. Literally...
Ch. 10 How I fell for him. Literally...
Ch. 11 How I fell for him. Literally.
Ch. 12 How I fell for him. Literally.
Ch. 13 How I fell for him. Literally
Ch. 14 How I fell for him. Literally...
Ch. 15 How I fell for him. Literally...
Ch.16 How I fell for him. Literally.
Ch. 17 How I fell for him. Literally...
Ch. 18 How I fell for him. Literally...
Part 2 Prolouge
Part 2 Ch. 1
Part 2 Ch. 2
Part 2 Ch. 3
Ch. 4 Tattoo
Ch.5-Retour
Ch. 6-Yacht
Ch. 8 Flight Affairs
Ch. 9 Home sweet Home
Ch. 10 Cinnamon Rolls
Ch. 11-The Queen
Ch. 12 Unapproved
Ch. 13-The break in
Ch. 14 Death and Birth
Ch. 15 Preparations
Ch. 16 Wedding
Part 3 Prologue
Ch. 1-Missing
Ch. 2-Tala Akia
Ch. 3-Cravings
Ch.4 Theresa
Ch. 5 Lasagna
Ch. 6-Pool
Ch. 7-Two Cherries
Ch. 8-Beautiful Nightmare
Ch. 9-Release
Ch.10-Mates Forever

Ch. 7 Tribal Friends

27.2K 106 27
By angelheaven101

I know the last chapter was a cliffy so I decided to put yall out of your misery. I hope you enjoy! I would like a lot of comments because I "tried" to make this chapter action packed! Let me know how you think I do with actiony scenes!

*******************

Drew's POV

I was being led by the Rangin Indians and they refused to talk to me. I kept looking at Haylynn trying to make sure she was ok. I need to see their alpha or else Haylynn will die. I halted when the Indians stopped and looked around. We're finally here. The Indians talked in their language and led me somewhere. I looked back and they were leading Haylynn somewhere else.

"That's my mate," I said. "She's not. She's human," a man said. I growled but agreed. The sooner I see their alpha, the sooner I can help Haylynn. I was led to a hut and walked in with two guys binding my arms. I looked harder and saw the alpha.

He was a powerful man with shoulder length black hair. He was surrounded by a dozen women. I knew that the Rangin were different but I didn't know they were this different. I only came to this island once with my father when I was 7. The alpha was about 18 at the time but now, I can barley recognize him. "Hiranikar it's been a long time," I said. Hiranikar looked up at me and stood.

"Do I know you," Hiranikar asked in English. "I came once with my father. I'm Drew Brentwood from the Mahina pack," I said. "Ah yes. Come sit. We shall have a feast to welcome you," Hiranikar said. In his natural language, Hiranikar told the gaurds to reales me and they left the room. "These fine ladies are my daughters. Take your pick," Hiranikar said.

I looked all the girls over and they all smiled at me. I shook my head and said, "Actually I have a problem. My mate is here and she isn't a werewolf. She needs the tonic." Hiranikar nodded and took a vial from one of his daughters. "Come. We shall go together," Hianikar said and we walked out of the hut together.

"Once our mate drinks this you must tell me about your arrival here," Hiranikar said. "Yes," I replied and we walked into the healing hut. I saw Haylynn in the corner coughing and crying. I started to panic but Hiranikar placed a hand on my shoulder, "Do not worry. She will be fine after." I nodded and Hiranikar walked toward Haylynn.

Hiranikar opened the vial and handed it to me. "Put in mouth but do not swallow. You shall force it into your mate," Hiranikar said. I nodded and swished the vial into my mouth. Hiranikar held Haylynn's mouth open and nodded. "Now," he said. I leaned in and emptied the liquid into Haylynn's mouth. She refused the liquid at first but I didn't move until Haylynn swallowed everything.

My lips lingered just to make sure Haylynn drank everything. I slowly pulled away and Haylynn was breathing evenly. "The worst is over my friend. Now let us talk," Hiranikar said pulling up a chair. I pulled up a chair and said, "We were attacked on our boat." "Who would attack you," Hiranikar asked.

"Vampires are after our pack. We aren't sure what they want but we're doing our best," I said. "Call on us my brother when you need us most," Hiranikar said. I nodded and looked at Haylynn. She was slowly opening her eyes and turned to me. "Drew where am I," Haylynn asked.

"With friends. The man in the chair is helping us," I said and Haylynn looked at Hiranikar. She nodded and closed her eyes. "She will be weak for a while. I shall leave to give you two privacy. My wife shall be in shortly to dress you," Hiranikar said. "Thank you," I said and Hiranikar walked out of the room.

I looked back at Haylynn and brushed hair out of her face. "I don't feel good Drew. My lungs still hurt. What happened to me," Haylynn asked. "You were breathing the Rangin's poisonous air. Only werewolves and local fairies and sprites are immune to it. It's in the air and can kill a person in four hours," I said. "But I didn't feel that way on the beach," Haylynn said. "It's weaker the closer you are to the water. Now we're in the heart of the jungle," I replied.

"So I'm dying," Haylynn asked and I saw a tear slip. I grabbed her hand and said, "Of course not. They've developed antidotes that can immune a person from the poison but a werewolf has to administer it." "How did they administer it," Haylynn asked. I smiled and said, "I kissed you sleeping beauty." Haylynn smiled and someone walked into the room. "Clothes," a lady said. I cleared my throat and tried to thank Hiranikar's wife in her native language.

She held up her hands and shook her head. She gave a bright smile and left the clothes. "Who was that," Haylynn asked. "The man in the chair's wife. The Rangin's don't speak English. The alpha and Beta obviously speak it but no one else," I said and helped dress Haylynn.

"This has to come off," I said referring to her underwear. Haylynn blushed and said, "I can do it." I sighed and turned around. After a few seconds Haylynn asked, "Is there any underwear?" I looked at the table and said, "Nope." I heard Haylynn struggling but finally she said, "I'm done." I turned around and she was wearing a long-sleeved yellow dress with green beads around the front.

"Nice," I said. "Yep. Now you change," Haylynn said. I smirked and said, "You can look if you want." Haylynn blushed and turned her head. I chuckled and picked up what I was supposed to wear. They were plain long brown pants but I didn't have underwear either. I guess I'll keep my underwear on. "That has to come off darling," Haylynn said and I looked back.

"I thought you weren't looking," I replied with a grin. "I-I wasn't," Haylynn said and turned her head again. I shook my head and started to undress. Once I had my pants on I turned around Haylynn wasn't looking but I doubt that she didn't sneak a few peaks. I smirked and kissed her cheek.

"How are you feeling now," I asked. "Better. When are we leaving," Haylynn asked. "Well Harinikar is setting up a feast and once a Rangin Alpha says it, the feast must go on," I said. "What about your mom and dad," Haylynn asked. I kissed Haylynn's forehead and helped her up. Some moccasins were on the table and I helped Haylynn put them on. "I told mom and dad as soon as possible. Now is just not possible," I said.

"Well ok. Where are we going now," Haylynn asked. "Now we are going out there and helping with the feast," I said and we walked out of the hut. I don't know what it is but something doesn't feel right.

*****************************

Drew's POV

I'm walking with Harinikar and told Harinikar everything that happened. "So the intruders. They were not Werewolf or Vampire," Harinikar asked. "My mate elbowed one and had enough time to escape. A werewolf wouldn't have felt anything," I said. Harinikar nodded again and said, "What if what the ancestors' prophesized is coming true?"

The destruction of werewolves because of our hatred toward each other. Werewolves used to be united but a few packs wanted more power. That's when everything started to go downhill. "Werewolves, humans, and vampires coming together is still unrealistic," I said. "Humans during the feeding sometimes grow attached to their drainer," Harinikar said. I nodded in agreement.

Then it clicked. "So attatched that they would do anything," I said. "Yes. Give up their free will. Werewolves on the other hand are different," Harinikar said. "The money has probably corrupted a few packs," I said. Harinikar nodded and said, "Our world is very different from yours and I'm sure our mate would like to see her family soon. I shall arrange for you to leave mid day," Harinikar said.

"Thank you very much," I said. "It is nothing. A treaty made by our fore fathers long ago and shall be observed. We should head back," Harinikar said. I nodded and together we walked to the village. I always liked looking at different environments. The Rangin's have such a simple lifestyle but they are all happy. It makes me wonder if the world I live in is so much better.

"Harinikar why exactly do you choose to stay here," I asked out of curiosity. Harinikar sighed and said, "It's like the moon and stars. I'm here because I belong here." "Don't you ever wonder about the outside world," I asked.

 "Just as much as you wonder about this inside world. Here it's like a paradise for us because we have everything we need and nothing more," Harinikar said. We walked the rest of the way in silence because I couldn't say anything after that. How can I when Harinikar and everyone here are so in tuned with their werewolf selves? I guess these are the things that make man different.

************************

Haylynn's POV

Why am I in the cooking tent? I think the correct word is hut but I don't care. All I know is that one second I was secure in Drew's arms and the next a woman was pulling me toward this hell hole! It was hot in here and all these different smells were making me sick.

A woman hit my hand and she gestured for me to stir. I picked up the spoon and started to stir slowly. The lady nodded and picked up her pace. I stirred faster and the woman nodded. The lady walked away and I looked into the pot. It was red but had corn, peas, potato chunks and a few pieces of meat. The broth was red so whatever this is, I don't want to know.

I looked behind me and saw a huge pig roasting. A few women were staring at me so I looked back at the pot. My dress went slightly above the knee but without wearing underwear I was feeling really self conscious. Most of the woman had thinner and short dresses on so I'm glad I was given this.

The lady who gave Drew and me clothes walked over with a smile on her face. She looked into the pot and nodded. The lady called a girl over to the pot and took my hand. The lady and I walked out of the hut and I took a deep breath.

Thank God I'm finally out of there. I looked at the lady and smiled. She nodded and we walked along a stream. That's when I noticed the lady was carrying two baskets. The lady handed me a basket and we stopped when we say a few other girls picking berries.

The lady took my hand and helped me pick a berry. She wants me to do this? I looked at the lady and she nodded. I nodded and started to pick berries. The lady stayed by my side for a while but then went to pick berries.

How do these people live like this? Picking berries, making all of their food from scratch, and, being so close to people for my life would drive me insane. I've only been here for a few hours and I'm starting to get stressed out.  I don't even like berries this much.

I should probably stop complaining. These people are helping us and I should have a better attitude. It's a shame that I'm not little miss perfect. I looked over and saw a pregnant woman helping. Well if she can do it, I can do it

I felt someone wrap their arms around my waist and kiss my shoulder. I jumped and looked back. "Drew you scarred me! What if I wasted all this," I asked pointing to the basket. "Sorry," Drew said and tried to kiss me but a woman pulled me to the side. The lady was yelling at Drew and a lot of other women were backing her up. What's going on?

"A man and woman can not touch in such a way unless they are married here," Karina whatever said. I need to figure out his real name. "Sorry," I said and looked at Drew. Drew cocked an eyebrow and Karina patted Drew shoulder. "Leave a woman's work to a woman. We have manlier things to tend too," Karina said and my mouth was hanging open. Did he just say that I have to do woman's work? Obviously this Karina man needs a lesson in Haylynn 101.

When I was about to say something Drew gave me a warning look in his eyes. I smiled and clenched my fists. "You're right. Drew you should do something more suitable for you," I said and gave the best fake smile I could give. Drew looked at Karina nervously while Karina nodded. "See? She shall be fine. Let us go," Karina said.

Drew nodded and they walked away. Drew better run. The lady touching me rubbed my arm and signaled for the woman to start working again. The lady helped me bend down and start picking berries again. So here I am picking damned berries while my mate is doing God knows what. I just love Drew's surprises.

After we had a few baskets full of berries, we headed back to the centre of the village. I really don't know how to describe this place. Everything reminds me of Pocahontas here. A group of guys were looking at me and it started to make me uncomfortable. The guys were half dressed and they were howling at me. Some of the girls gave me jealousy looks but oh well. It's not my fault that I'm so gorgeous.

I looked around and didn't see Drew. What type of 'man' work is he doing? The lady ushered me back into the hell kitchen. Why can't someone shoot me?

**********************

Still Haylynn's POV

I'm stuck between the women of the tribe. Apparently it's custom that the guests of honor sit with the elders of the tribe and I just so happened to be forced to sit here. Girls had to be on one side and guys on the other. I just really need a hug. One of the women put her hand around my arm and I stared at it like her hand was a foreign object.

This is not the hug I wanted! Right now Karina was blessing the food or something like that. Drew was standing up next to him and I was wondering why I'm not up there. I'm really getting tired of the way women are treated here. I spent all my time either in the kitchen, picking berries, or taking care of the younger kids. These aren't even my kids!

I'm fine with helping out but the way some of these guys are looking at me is starting to creep me out. It's like I'm an object for them. I can see the lust oozing from their eyes. A few people started to clap so I clapped too. With a wave of his Karina's hand, people got up and started to eat. Wait...when I was preparing I didn't see forks or plates.

My curiosity was answered when I saw people eating with their hands. I could cry right now. I didn't know I was this girly. Most of the women got up so I decided to join them. Right when I was about to get up, someone sat next to me. "Here. We get first dibs," Drew said and handed me some kind of meat.

"Thanks," I said and bit the meat. I'm not that girly. The meat had a strange taste but it was good. "So...how are you holding up," Drew asked. I stared at him and took another bite of the meat. Damn this was better than I thought. I don't want to know what this is but I like it. "That bad," Drew asked.

"I have no idea what you're talking about male since I'm the inferior species," I said sarcastically. "Oh come on. It's not bad," Drew said. "I cooked, picked fruit, and took care of children. No wonder Lisa went mad," I said. "What happened with Lisa," Drew asked.

"Oh nothing," I replied. I forgot that Drew hasn't talked to Hunter yet. "Does Hunt know about this place," I asked. "He knows about it but Hunter's never been here," Drew said. I nodded and finished off the meat. "Want something else," Drew asked. I nodded and stood up. "I think I can get that by myself. That is unless I'm too delicate," I said and walked away. I didn't mean to be so mean but I'm just on edge. I wonder why?

The lady who gave us clothes earlier pulled me to a pot and I recognized it as the stuff I was stirring. She poured it into some kind of container and handed it to me. I took the soupy stuff and put it to my lips. The lady was watching me so I swallowed. This tasted pretty good. The only bad thing is that I watched this being prepared. It wasn't a process easy on the eyes.

The lady ushered for me to continue drinking so that's what I did. I didn't want to seem completely rude. When I finished, I handed the bowl back to the lady and she smiled. That's when Karina and Drew walked over. Oh great now I have to deal with Karina's attitude.

I smiled when they came over and Karina said, "We haven't been properly introduced. My name is Harinikar," Harinikar said. Wow I was way off with Karina. "This is my wife Tamalica," Harinikar said. Finally! Now I can stop calling her the lady.

Tamalica smiled lightly and touched Harinikar's arm. She stared at me and I knew exactly what she was trying to say. See women have a universal language. Tamalica said, "This is my man and I will kill you if you touch him." I touched Drew's arm the same way she did and Tamalica nodded. She moved her hand from Harinikar and I moved mine from Drew.

Tamalica discussed something with Harinikar and left. "She's going to prepare a place for you two to sleep," Harinikar said. Well I obviously know that this is going to be separated. Harinikar was looking me up and down and it was starting to piss me off. Can't any of these guys keep their eyes in one place? "Is something wrong," I asked through my teeth.

Harinikar walked around me and I clenched my fists. I need to calm down. This man is giving us food and a place to stay. I need some self control. "I don't see why you chose her. Someone else must've been more suitable to your taste," Harinikar said. I wanted to strangle Harinikar and Drew said, "She's perfect."

That's when realization hit me. These aren't my emotions. These are Drew's! I looked up at Drew and his eyes were narrowed. I stepped closer to Drew and put my arm on his chest. "Calm down," I whispered. The last thing I want Drew to do is growl at Harinikar. "Would you like one of my daughter's tonight," Harinikar asked. Oh hell no. I turned to face Harinikar and said, "Excuse me?"

"Well my daughter's are the finest in the village. Since you two shall not be together tonight, a man should not suffer," Harinikar said. Now I know these are my emotions! I was ready to claw Harinikar's eyes out but Drew grabbed my elbows. "I'm fine thank you. We should probably go to bed. The swim was very exhausting," Drew said.

"You are right my brother. Follow that path. Your mate's hut is the third on the right. Your hut is the fifth on the left. Sleep in harmony," Harinikar said. Drew nodded and we walked away. When we were out of ear shot Drew asked, "What's been under your skin all night?" "I could ask the same question," I said.

"Answer," Drew said. "Just because some males here think they have dominance over women doesn't mean that you or anyone else has it over me. Got it," I asked. "Was that the only thing," Drew asked. "One of them. Tell me what's under your skin," I said. "Everyone staring at you. All the comments I hear. I don't want you going anywhere by yourself. Understand," Drew asked.

I wonder what people have been saying about me. "I'm serious Haylynn. I just want you safe," Drew said. "Fine," I said and saw Tamalice. Drew leaned in to kiss me but I ran forward. "Sorry Drew. Better luck next time," I said. Drew smirked and so did I. I ran toward Tamalice and before walking into the hut, looked back at Drew. He smiled and waved. I waved back and headed inside.

On the inside were a few blankets but they were in two piles. I looked at Tamalice and she was fixing her blankets. I guess she's sleeping with me. Once I was ready for bed, I closed my eyes. These blankets were really soft.

Tamalice started to hum a lullaby and sleep caressed me. With less comes more in some ways.

********************

Drew's POV

I didn't want to go to bed yet but I also didn't want Harinikar to pressure me about sleeping with his daughters. It was actually rude for me to accept but Haylynn's the only girl I want in my bed.

I started on the path and ran into someone. "I heard you were here Drew," someone said. I looked up and it was Ikutorine. "I've missed you Ikuto," I said and gave him a hug. Ikuto was the one I bonded with most because we're closer in age. He's a year or two older than me and is probably married.

The Rangin aren't big on finding their soul mate. Most of the time marriages are out of convenience. Of course the alpha and beta have to be married but some pack members don't marry. It's strange because most of my pack member's find their mate by the age of 23. Once you hit 23, most werewolves marry out of convenience.

"I saw your mate. Not a neck breaker but cute enough," Ikuto said. "She's all the woman I need," I said Ikuto grinned. "I'm glad. I'm sure Harinikar will fill me in with the details later about how you arrived. How are you," Ikuto asked. "Been better but I'm glad we were close by. I don't know what would've happened otherwise," I said.

"Well do not worry my brother. The party is still not over but many women are retiring," Ikuto said with a mischievous look in his eyes. I held my hands up and said, "I think I'll go to bed now. Wouldn't want my mate angry." "She is just a female. How mad can she get," Ikuto asked.

Let's see, Haylynn, the perfect, beat up a girl, her father, and walked for miles because she thought I was cheating on her. I wonder how mad she would get over this. I don't think I want to test her. I like breathing. "Just trust me," I said. Ikuto nodded and said, "The outside world is very strange." I nodded and went to my hut.

When I was comfortable, I started to think. Of course my thoughts were about Haylynn. I felt her anger at some of Harinikar's comments and it's starting to worry me. If Haylynn speaks the way she's feeling, she could be killed. Of course I would try to protect her but that could lead to a break in our pack's friendship. Why does Haylynn have to be so difficult? I sighed and tried to sleep. I woke up about every hour so I hope Haylynn behaves. I just can't take any more stress for her and I'm the Beta. Stress is my job.

***********************

Haylynn's POV

"Wake up love," I heard someone whisper. I opened my eyes slowly and was startled when I saw Drew. I looked around the room and no one was there. Have I been sleeping by myself all night? Some other women came in after I was 'sleeping' but who can sleep in a foriegn place? I even slept with my hand between my legs. "It's not morning yet. Just come with me," Drew said.

Drew helped me up and I fixed my dress. I don't want to flash any one. Drew grabbed my hand and we walked out of the back of the hut. Drew started to run faster and I could barely catch up but I loved the feeling. I loved the wind rushing through my hair and the way Drew's hand felt in mine.

When we finally stopped I looked up. The sun was starting to rise. "Feeling better," Drew asked. "What do you mean," I asked. Drew looked around and said, "Just behave. You can yell at me all you want later." "When's later," I asked curious. "You're that mad," Drew asked and I saw some fear in his eyes. I think we are finally seeing who is in control here.

"Don't worry too much. I would never kill you over this," I said and looked up. "Thanks for being so reassuring fiancée," Drew said. A smile played on my lips and I said, "You're welcome." The colors in the sky were starting to change and it looked beautiful. I could hear nature waking up. "Good morning," Drew said and kissed my cheek. "Good morning," I said.

I fell back into Drew's arms as Drew's arms wrapped around me. I could feel Drew's warmth and I wanted to get closer. "Calm down Halo. Too much of that will lead to serious things," Drew said and kissed my forehead. "Sorry," I said embarrassed. It's not my fault that Amy missed Drew.

"Someone's coming," Drew said. "So," I asked. Drew sighed and moved back. "Their rules, we follow. Keep that in mind," Drew said. I looked back and Drew was serious. I nodded and saw someone coming behind Drew. Drew must have noticed because he looked back.

"Hello Ikuto. What are you doing up so early," Drew asked. Ikuto looked a lot like Harinikar. Ikuto's hair was to his shoulders, he was shirtless and I could see Ikuto's muscles and Ikuto had a questionable look on his face when he looked at me. I tried to step closer to Drew but Ikuto put his hands out.

"Others shall be coming. You should return to your hut," Ikuto said staring at me. Why do I have to leave? Why can't Drew leave? Sure I don't want to stand here with Ikuto but my point still stands. "See you later Haylynn," Drew said and tried to kiss my cheek. I side stepped and walked away. When I get off this island Drew will see a side of me that I didn't know was possible. Hell doesn't have furry like a woman scorned. This woman was scorned a few times so Drew should expect triple hell.

*********************

Drew's POV (Sorry for switching in and out!)

When Haylynn walked away I knew she was mad. Damn. I brought her out here so that she wouldn't be mad today. I looked back at Ikuto and he was shaking his head. "We should go. Harinikar is waiting," Ikuto said. I nodded and followed Ikuto back into the village.

We walked in silence for a while and I was wondering what was wrong. "Ikuto is everything alright," I asked. "Yes. Problems with my family and your female," Ikuto said. Damn. "What's the problem," I asked. "Simple female problems. Too jealous over your female stealing our males. You should warn her to act more womanly," Ikuto said.

"What do you mean," I asked cautiously. "We do not know how different the outside world is but your female is something different," Ikuto said. Tell me about it. I thought Haylynn was behaving considering how she's feeling on the inside. "Your female is very...unique. Obviously the males are intrigued. The women however believe that your female is going against everything a woman should do," Ikuto said.

"Well I promise that she won't do anything before we leave," I said. What the hell have I just done? Promising that Haylynn will be good is like selling my soul to the devil. "We hope so," Ikuto said and we walked inside of Harinikar's hut. Tamalice was next to him and a few of his daughters were in the room. When Ikuto and I entered all the women's gazes fell on us. I know I'm sexy but damn. I guess m sexiness is too much for the world.

"Come. Sit with me," Harinikar said. Tamalice moved and Ikuto sat where she was. I sat on the opposite side of Harinikar. "All through the night I have thought of nothing but how you arrived," Harinikar said. I looked over at Tamalice and she narrowed her eyes. My suspicions were right then. "Do not fear to speak freely. These females do not speak English," Harinikar said and laughed.

I looked back at Tamalice and she caught my gaze. She quickly walked to help her daughter but stayed in ear range. Tamalice knows more English than she lets on. "Well I was wondering what conclusion you came to," I asked. I tried keeping my face as neutral as possible. Even if Harinikar knows English, his specialized language is expressions.

"That you are in grave danger. I suggest that you stay here for a few more days. At least until all enemies clear from the area," Harinikar said. Staying would seem like the best solution is Harinikar's eyes but not in mine. How much more Haylynn can take I'm not sure. I don't even know how much more I can take.

I don't like the way the men here look at her. It's like she's the last item at an all you can eat buffet. If someone hurts her I will tear them limb from limb. I concentrated on Harinikar and said, "I see your concern but that gives us all the more reason to leave. My alpha needs to know this information or else something terrible could happen to our pack."

Harinikar nodded and Ikuto said, "Yes. The longer you stay the more reinforcements the enemy may gain. It is a very difficult situation." "I propose that you leave at nightfall. The shadows can hide you," Harinikar said. I thought about it and said, "The enemy would suspect that. It might be better to leave at noon so that the noises of the jungle can hide us."

Harinikar nodded and said, "This is also true. How should you escape? Boat is the only way but the path is important." "Where is the closest outside world's island," I asked. "Toward the west. I do not know how advanced they are but many people go there. A vacation spot for humans. If it will help I am not sure but that is the safest way," Ikuto said.

A few of Harinikar's daughters brought food and we ate deep in thought. "I've got it. My daughter, Angelrini, has wanted to see the outside world for some time. She can lead you to an escape route. She is the best female sensor in our village. What do you think," Harinikar asked.

I looked at Ikuto and his face was as neutral as mine. I don't know about this. "Does she speak any English," I asked. "No but our village needs to reclaim a favor from the fairies. Do not worry about the details," Harinikar said. "I shall handle it personally," Ikuto said and Harinikar nodded. "Now you shall be perfectly safe. I shall discuss the details with her. Now it is time to work," Harinikar said.

Since there was no way for me to argue, I agreed. Haylynn will just have to go along with it. The three of us stood up and headed out of the hut. That's when I felt terrible. "Excuse me," I said quickly and ran. I heard Harinikar calling me but it didn't matter. Something is wrong and it's something with Haylynn.

I ran as fast as I could and saw what I feared. Haylynn was kicking and screaming but five guys were all over her. I ran and punched the two guys with ease. The third and fourth guy's was more difficult because he was behind her. I spun Haylynn in to my arms and then attacked the fifth guy. I was ready to snap his neck when Haylynn called out to me.

"Drew you can't kill them," Haylynn exclaimed. I growled at the scared shitless guy underneath me. I punched him again and stood up. I pulled Haylynn into my arms and growled at the other guys. They growled back but didn't back down. Obviously I need to handle this my way.

"What's going on here," someone asked. I looked back and it was Ikuto. One of the men spoke to Ikuto in their natural language and Ikuto nodded. He told them something back in their native language and they all walked away. I looked at Haylynn and she was crying. "What happened," I asked. Haylynn looked between me and Ikuto and shook her head. "I-It was nothing," Haylynn lied. I growled and Haylynn tried to stop crying.

"We shall talk later," Ikuto said and left. I'll have to thank him later. I turned toward Haylynn and she was still shaking. I looked around and noticed that we were by a stream. I sat down and pulled Haylynn into my lap. Something must be really wrong if she's still not talking. "Tell me what happened. It'll help," I said.

"I-I was out here because some of the girls my age told me to come out here. At first everything was normal. They were washing clothes like normal. Then those guys came and they said something's that I couldn't understand. The girls started to run away and I was right behind them but one of the guys grabbed me," Haylynn said and started to cry again.  

I kissed her hair and said, "Keep going." I need to know exactly who I'm going to kill. "They touched me and I-I couldn't do anything. I tried to break away but they were to strong and I panicked. I started to scream and they got more aggressive. They were trying to take off my dress when you came. Drew I just want to leave," Haylynn said and cried in her hands.

"Haylynn we're leaving today. You can stay with me. I won't let anything happen to you. I promise," I said. "What if they separate us again," Haylynn asked. She had a good point. "Just...just don't worry about it. Calm down. Did the men kiss you or anything like that," I asked clenching my fists. "No...they just touched me," Haylynn whispered and took a deep breath.

Haylynn stood up and held her hand out to me. "Come on. Thanks for coming for me," Haylynn said and smiled lightly. I took her hand and got up. I pulled Haylynn closer to me and kissed her lips gently. I pulled back and said, "I love you." "I know," Haylynn said and we started to walk away. If I catch anyone looking at Haylynn, they'll be dead.

**********************

Haylynn's POV

A few girls who were with me at the river were whispering. They're lucky they can't understand me. I would give them a good piece of my mind. I stayed with Drew but I still received dirty looks. What's wrong with these people?

Harinikar walked towards us with a smile on his face. He was smiling until he saw me at Drew's side. "What's wrong female," Harinikar asked. Oh nothing male. I was just attacked but a few of your pack members and now you want me to pick berries and make dinner. What could be wrong with that?

"Nothing," I said simply. Harinikar was looking at me like he wanted me to leave but I don't take hints well. Sorry Harinikar. "Is everything ok," Drew asked. "Fine. Everything is ready for your departure. My daughter is waiting there," Harinikar said pointing to a girl. She had a skimpy elbow length dress that was red and had green and yellow beads.

What the hell is going on here? "Thank you. We shall leave soon. Thank you for everything Harinikar," Drew said and placed a closed fist over his heart. "Do not treat me with such formality. We are brothers," Harinikar said and stepped aside. "I hope you visit again on better terms," Harinikar said.

"I do too," Drew said and we walked towards the girl. "Who is she," I asked. " She's one of Harnikar's daughters and is going to help us leave safely," Drew said. "So she's going back right," I asked. Drew didn't answer me so I asked again. "Right," I asked. "I'm not sure," Drew replied and I couldn't say anything else because we reached the girl. "We must hurry. My name is Angelrini," she said. Angelrini smiled and I wanted to vomit.

"We must hurry if my father's plan will work," Angelrini said. "Hold on. How can you speak English," I asked. Angelrini stood straight and said, "A gift from the fairies. We should be going," Angelrini said. Angelrini ran for the forest and Drew pulled me along. What happened to the virtue of patience?

We ran for a while and Angelrini kept urging us to go faster.  When we were about to reach the beach I heard footsteps behind us. "Stop Brentwood," someone said. I heard gunshots and that's when I started to run for my life.

"This way," Angelrini shouted and I followed. I wasn't even worrying about Drew. I'm not going to die here. "Faster," Drew exclaimed. I was running as hard as I could but it still wasn't fast enough.

Then I had an idea. If I'm slowing them down and Drew has werewolf strength, why the fuck am I running? "Drew," I exclaimed and jumped on his back. "Run," I exclaimed and Drew took off like a bullet. Now Angelrini and Drew were running at full speed. "Duck," Drew exclaimed and I did. That would've been my head!

"There's the boat," Angelrini exclaimed. I looked behind us and a few hundred people were behind us. "On my mark shoot," one of the men said. Oh crap. "They have guns! Whatever you do don't get shot," I exclaimed. "I'll keep that in mind," Drew exclaimed.

The boat was in sight but Angelrini didn't look like she was slowing up. I just met the girl and my trust level with her isn't high. "When I say hold on, hold on," Drew said. "What do you mean," I asked as we passed up the boat. I couldn't ask anything else because I heard multiple gun shots.

"Hold on," Drew exclaimed and I clutched him as tightly as possible. Then I felt us free falling. I couldn't help but scream loudly. How did I get myself in these situations? "Take a deep breath," Drew exclaimed and I did. That's when I felt bone chilling water around me.

When we fell into the water, I let go of Drew. I didn't mean to but the current separated us. I swam to the surface to breathe. "Drew," I exclaimed and looked around. Where the hell is he? "Haylynn grab something," I heard Drew yell. I looked around and he was behind me. I looked in front of me and saw a waterfall.

I panicked and looked for things to grab. I saw a big rock so swam towards it. The current was against me so I had to work extra hard. I just need a few more strokes. When I grabbed the rock, water splashed in my face. The rock was starting to slip and I didn't know what to do. "Drew," I exclaimed and tried to look around. Another rock was closer to the edge of the waterfall but it looked more stable.

"Haylynn," Drew exclaimed and swam toward me. I grabbed his hand and helped him grip the rock. "What do we do now," I asked in full panic mode. "Try not to die," Drew exclaimed. The rock started to slip and I looked at Drew. "If we die, I love you. If we live, I hate you," I exclaimed. "Don't you have it backwards," Drew exclaimed. "No," I exclaimed.

"Hold on," Angelrini said and came running with a vine. That's when the rock fully dislodged.  "Don't let go," Drew exclaimed and held my hand. "Here," Angelrini exclaimed. Angelrini threw the vine to us and Drew caught it with ease. Angelrini started to pull us in but my grip in Drew's hand started to weaken.

"Don't let me go," I exclaimed and that's when the vine started to snap. I gasped and looked at Drew. Drew and I were barely keeping our fingertips intertwined. "Don't you dare let go," Drew exclaimed but I looked back at the vine. Both of us shouldn't die. I looked at Drew and was about to say something when a strong wave separated us. "Drew," I exclaimed and closed my eyes waiting for my death. Drew I love you.

*********************

Bum Bum BUM!!!! What shall happen next? Could this be the end of Haylynn? What do you guys think? What do you think about Angelrini? What about the whole tribe thingy? Leave me your comments below! Oh and I'm also sorry for switching from Drew and Haylynn so much! At least I wasn't repeating the same scene. Did I do that? I....hmmm if I did I'm sorry. I know how annoying that can be.

Anyways I hope all of my fans are doing fine. I think I should get some rest now so that I can upload another story tomorrow! So for The Emotional Laceration fans, you're next!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3M 136K 44
****COMPLETED**** "You're driving me crazy," I growled, dropping my hand down to her waist then around to her lower back, sucking her earlobe into my...
167K 3.1K 29
Julia, just months from becoming a full-werewolf, is now halfway through her pregnancy, has officially hooked up with the father of her babies ...sor...
8.5K 362 51
After Elizabeth Ronnie Swan watches her mother sacrifice herself for the safety of her five year old daughter, Ellie suddenly finds herself being car...
1.8M 81.1K 47
At 19, life has given Aislinn Nox many things, most of them she never wanted. Like dead parents at the age of six. Scars. A slaughtered pack. Night...