Dust Bones [Harry Styles]

By zeffervescent

Working for a world-leading mafia, Harry knows how to kill, how to hunt his victims, and how to avoid any com... More

001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
009
010
011
T R A I L E R
012
013
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
025
026
027
028
029
030
031
032
033
034
035
036
037
038
039
040
041
042
043
044
045
046
047
048
049
050
051
052
053
054
055
056
057
058
000
059
060
061
062
063
064
065/Epilogue
Q&A? Kind of? Idk Man.

014

379K 11.5K 15.7K
By zeffervescent

        listen to "Jealous" by Nick Jonas (one of the songs in playlist)

        Leave it to me to screw things up further. I was so furious that he didn't want me. That he wasn't as interested in me as I was in him. Yes, he admitted he finds me attractive, but I find him magnetic in every method of his character. I praise his patience and endurance, and at the same time its commendable gene is irritable. 

        Paige strolled into my bedroom as I lied down on my stomach, scribbling on a piece of paper doodles. There wasn't much to do here that was merely entertaining. Harry today hasn't showed his face around me, and I had a feeling it would be awkward the next time I'm in a room with him. I practically threw myself at him. 

        "I want to go shopping," she stated with a sigh. I peered up at her from my papers, scanning her outfit. She wore a white crop top with a squared neckline and white high-waisted pants. I bet my father spent hundreds of dollars on that one outfit. Paige hated her circumstances, but took advantage of the money. 

        Her blonde hair was tossed into a pony tail, her delicate eyeliner winged perfectly and her eyelashes coated in brown mascara. She held a bag in her hands, kicking the heels of her black DSW boots together with a grin plastered on her face. 

        I forgot she was fifteen for a second or two. 

        With a slight frown, I placed my hands on the mattress and pulled myself off of it. "Okay? Where are we going?" I began to ask, already slipping my feet into a pair of flip flops. 

        Paige huffed, putting her hand up. "Catalina, quit wearing those flip flops. Fashion is praise and a lifestyle here in Europe. You have better taste than I do, so use it please. Especially if you're going out with me." 

        I raised my eyebrows at her. She had such a bold, aggressive attitude. Rebellious and careless. Confidence that shrunk the limelight on anyone's ego compared to hers. 

        "I'd appreciate it if you would stopped acting like you're thirty." 

        "I'm not going to sulk about being fifteen and having no friends, Catalina. I'm capable of more than being some innocent, prude fifteen year-old girl," she remarked, an eyebrow raising on her face as she inhaled, puffing out her chest a bit. "So...father and I discussed a few things, and he proposed that we could go shopping today. No budget." 

        "That's marvelous," I murmured, going through the racks in my closet now. I pulled out a strapless, black crop top along with a big jean jacket I would roll up on my elbows. Then I pulled out black skinny jeans. After removing my current clothes, I slipped my feet into a pair of tan wedges.

        Paige examined me. "See, much better."

        I nodded in agreement. Despite being more comfortable in a pair of loose pants and flip flops, I seemed to feel more at peace with my appearance when wearing something of higher caliber. Paige leaded me out of my bedroom and into the main foyer of the enormous house. 

        There, the man that had complimented my looks during a conversation with Harry appeared. He was dressed in the regular black attire, his dark hair slick back, which defined the shape of his flawless face. If my father's goal is to separate us from the men in any way rather than work, then he is failing massively. 

        Paige let out a muffled whimper, biting her lip. "That's Zayn. He's in charge of me when that old idiot I told you about isn't around." She leaned in to whisper in my ear. "He actually has a personality unlike that Harry guy." 

        When she said Harry's name, I realized he was standing across from Zayn as silent as the night. Paige had dibs on Zayn, and immediately made that clear. Although he's like seven years older than her, I allowed her to dream. I refused to even look at Harry for fear that he would be looking as well. 

        I'm embarrassed by what happened last night. I believe that was the last straw and I should really just give up on it. He seemed so vexed and aggressive just by it, and I rather not deal with him in such moods. 

        But, I just can't stop.

        "So, Zayn, who's coming along with us?" Paige excitedly asked. 

        The man looked at her with a slight smile, a friendly one to be more exact. "I cannot, I have other things to work my ass off at, but Harry is assigned this guard shift. So, good luck. He's an asshole," he joked.

        I smiled widely, unable to stop myself as Paige snorted in agreement. Harry didn't seemed fazed by this as he quietly walked out the door, expecting us to follow him. Paige longingly watched Zayn walk down the hallway into a room before I decided we should follow Harry before he becomes annoyed. 

        "Please behave yourself," I warned her quietly as I followed Harry to the black slick car he had entered through the driver's seat. 

        Paige rolled her eyes. "You need to let loose a little. Relax and remove that stick that's been lodged up your ass all your life."

        Unlike Paige, I'm not the rebellious type. I mean, I did kind of associate myself with Harry in a more sexual way without fully meaning to. That was honestly the last time I'll ever try something like that on him. It is so overwhelmingly embarrassing to have been rejected to add to the mass of problems. 

        Not bothering to reply, I stared out the window in the car. Harry's silent would stretch for hours, I'm sure by now. Paige and her little gestures of annoyance because Harry wasn't as charming as Zayn made me want to hit her quiet. Harry may not be looking at her, but he is fully aware of what she's doing. He has eyes everywhere, and at times it is frightening.

        I didn't have the littlest clue where we were going. The ride was quiet. Often Paige would scowl in my direction and make obvious gestures that I would insist for her to stop. When we arrived at the large lot, there were multiple stores everywhere. Many civilians chatted. Tourists took various pictures. 

        Paige took my hand eagerly. The fifteen year-old lead me to that sold shoes. The one hour we spent in the store, Harry stood by with his arms crossed over his chest, frowning around with the same angered expression. Looking as if he was ready to suspect of you if you even lied eyes on my sister and I. 

        "You like these?" Paige asked, staring at the mirror. The heels she put on her lifted her height at least four inches. This girl was a lunatic. She could wear heels after heels. They were a black pumps. Simple, but elegant on her small ankles. 

        I nodded my head. "I love those, actually." She surprised me. Her taste was alike to mine in some ways. 

        "Aren't you going to try some shoes on?" 

        "Already did while you were flirting up that guy by the cashier. He's at least five years older than you." I smirked, chuckling when Paige wiggled her eyebrows at me. It was hard to believe that sometimes she was envious of me and took it really far. 

        "I like older men," she huffed lightly, lifting her chin. 

        Harry followed behind us after we paid. When we entered a store that sold just denim jeans. Light wash, ripped, dark wash, regular denim. It was my heaven.

        Paige twirled around, holding a pair of jeans to her legs. "You like?" She squealed excitedly. They were ripped and rolled at the ankles. 

        I searched through racks before I turned around. Before I could compliment the jeans she picked, a man behind me said, "I like your taste." 

        At first, I thought he was talking to Paige. I turned just as Paige herself had turned to look at the stranger. My head snapped in his direction, and when I saw his eyes were peeking at the jeans in my hands. They were a lighter blue and had a few rips across the thighs. I peered up at the man again. 

        The eyes of a kind man, the smile of a charming male with humor stared back at me. I opened my mouth to thank him, but he spoke again before I could. "I'm Charles. I work at the shoe store you were at just a few minutes ago. And I just...I just had to come find you because you're absolutely stunning."

        I registered his American accent. With bright pink cheeks, and utterly flattered, I laughed softly and said, "Thank you." 

        Paige, behind me, had already taken her jeans to the clerk. Just then, I locked eyes with Harry. He was eyeing down the man who was attempting to get my name out of me. Harry, with his pressurized gaze, and elicited immense anger and suspicion, began to stalk towards us.

        All too fast and sudden, I was clutching his arm tightly out of shock and anger. He reached us within second. Careless to how he treated my skin, he grabbed my hips with his hands and practically turned me away from Charles with a sharp tug.

        My jaw dropped as he lowly informed the man. "You're not in need of knowing her name. I suggest you let her be, or you'll get involved with me." 

        Charles, clearly concerned for his safety, murmured, "I apologize. I didn't know she had a boyfriend." 

        My sister stood a few feet from us, oblivious to what just occurred as she looked through her bags of new clothes. Harry dropped his hands from my hips, proceeding to usher us towards the exit of the store. The jeans I had favored were left on the floor next to an embarrassed man who had the misfortune of encountering Harry today.

        note // seriously can't wait to write the next chapter omg. comment ur thoughts and vote! <3 

        on another note, can anyone make me an edit of Harry and Catalina?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5K 74 77
Daughter of the small town's very own Chief of Police, freedom is something Lyza yearns for. To graduate is to finally break free from the shackles t...
1.1M 36.7K 80
[completed] Harry Styles, a man no stranger to the world of violence and leader of notorious mafia group the King's Den. He was someone who clutched...
151 20 22
Harry styles had a really complicated childhood his parents died and he put himself in the world of the crime , because of the bad companies that he...
560K 12.5K 66
Harry Styles, a known murderer, drug dealer and gangster; suddenly takes interest in the new girl in town. However, Bella is just not interested in...