alive ➪ cedric diggory ✔︎

By laurastilinski_24

"when I'm with you, I feel alive." +++ [goblet of fire] cedric diggory x oc i do not own harry potter or the... More

ѕуησρѕιѕ.
¢αѕт.
ρʅαყʅιʂƚ.
σηє.
ƚɯσ.
ƚԋɾҽҽ.
ϝσυɾ.
ϝιʋҽ.
ʂιx.
ҽιɠԋƚ.
ɳιɳҽ.
ƚҽɳ.
ҽʅҽʋҽɳ.
ƚɯҽʅʋҽ.
ƚԋιɾƚҽҽɳ.
ϝσυɾƚҽҽɳ.
ϝιϝƚҽҽɳ.
ʂιxƚҽҽɳ.
ʂҽʋҽɳƚҽҽɳ.
ҽιɠԋƚҽҽɳ.
ɳιɳҽƚҽҽɳ.
ƚɯҽɳƚყ.
ƚɯҽɳƚყ σηє.
ƚɯҽɳƚყ ƚɯσ.
Authors note.
Author's note pt. 2

ʂҽʋҽɳ.

6.3K 162 112
By laurastilinski_24

♦︎♦︎♦︎

September 2, 1994:

The first day of Willa's sixth year at Hogwarts was in full swing and she wasn't too keen that this year was already proving to be more stressful than last. The amount of homework that seemed to be growing, and the amount of extra studying that she seemed to be doing wasn't fun.

She was glad to be rid of Divination however, as she only got an 'A' on her O.W.L, and no longer had to worry about Professor Trelawney telling her that she "didn't posses the qualities of a Seer" and should rethink her choice of studying the subject. That fact alone made Willa happily drop the subject. And as much as she enjoyed looking at the stars, Willa dropped Astronomy as well, despite passing the subject. It was just one less class she had to worry about.

That afternoon, she tiredly made her way to Professor Moody's classroom for Defence Against the Dark Arts, mentally preparing herself for what was to come.

"Afternoon, little Tonks." Fred greeted as she approached the line of students.

"Hey."

"Excited for our first lesson with Mad-Eye Moody?" George asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

Willa shrugged. "I hadn't really thought about it...he kinda scares me."

"We think he'll be great." Fred said.

"Best Defence teacher we'll ever have." George continued.

"We'll see, I guess."

The three entered the classroom and Willa took her seat towards the front. Cedric sat down next to her a few moments later and they waited for Professor Moody to arrive.

♦︎♦︎♦︎

"That was the scariest lesson I've ever experienced..."

Cedric and the Weasley twin's laughed at Willa.

"He's right off his knocker!" said George excitedly.

"Insane! But bloody brilliant!" Fred said.

Willa laughed and shook her head. "You guys are hilarious."

"That's what we like to hear." Fred winked.

"Come on, Freddie...I think we should leave little Tonks and Ceddy alone. See you later." George said, winking and the twins walked off.

"What'd you think of that lesson?" Willa asked.

"He's crazy but he knows his stuff." Cedric replied.

"True. Hey, I'm gonna head to the library for a bit, but I'll see you back in the common room?"

Ced nodded. "Yeah, sure."

Willa waved goodbye to him and made her way to the library so she could begin the homework Professor McGonagall had set earlier today. She figured it was better to get a head start instead of leaving it till the last minute.

They were to write an essay on the hair colour changing spell 'Crinus Muto' and it's main use – which was quite obvious anyway. Willa assumed that this was supposed to be the easy start to N.E.W.T. Level Transfiguration.

With an exasperated sigh, she pulled 'A Guide to Advanced Transfiguration' out of her bag and plopped it down on the table in front of her. It made a loud thump and Madam Pince glared at her harshly. She muttered a 'sorry' and pulled out some parchment, her quill and ink, then began working on her essay.

"Hey, Mina."

Cedric plopped down into the seat next to Willa an hour later and she smiled at him.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Well, you never came back to the common room so I figured you'd still be here." He smiled.

"Oh, I forgot, sorry."

"It's alright. What've you been working on?"

"The essay McGonagall set for us on the hair colour changing spell." She told him. "I figured I'd better get it started now before I forget."

"Oh yeah, I started that but I haven't finished it. When's it due?"

"Next lesson I believe."

"Well, it'll give me something to do in my free period tomorrow." Cedric said, more to himself rather than Willa, but she still nodded.

It was silent for a while, and an uncomfortable silence at that. For the first time in their six years of friendship, Willa had never felt so awkward. She didn't know if it was because they were running out of things to talk about, or if it was just her being weird...either way she didn't like it.

"Um...I think we should head to dinner, don't want to miss out." Willa said, breaking the silence.

"Oh, right, yes, we should go."

The two stood up simultaneously, their bodies inches apart from one another. Willa felt her cheeks get hot and her stomach do flips. Now was not the time for her to be getting flustered in front of him. Cedric seemed to notice the sudden change in atmosphere between them too and stepped back slightly. Willa picked up her bag and turned to walk off, tripping over one of the chairs on her way out. Cedric followed shortly after and the two walked in silence. Willa wanted nothing more than to bury face in her pillow to hide the redness on her cheeks.

Luckily, the perfect distraction came at the most convenient of times as they both walked down the steps to the Entrance Hall.

"Don't you dare insult my mother, Potter." Malfoy said angrily.

"Keep your fat mouth shut then." Harry replied.

Willa rolled her eyes. She hated that Draco Malfoy was her cousin. She hated even being associated with the Malfoy's. It wasn't her mother's fault, which she knew. Andromeda didn't pick her siblings, she just got unlucky being the older sister of Narcissa Malfoy, and younger sister of Bellatrix Lestrange.

Willa was glad that she never had to speak to them, and hoped that she never would. Malfoy occasionally sent her glances that said he despised being related to her, or that he felt he was better than her...being a pure-blood and all, but Willa simply ignored him, and pretended he was just some annoying kid who needed a swift kick up his arse.

Nobody knew that Willa's aunt was Bellatrix Lestrange, not even Cedric, and she wanted to keep it that way. She feared that if people knew she was related to the Death Eater, then she would be seen as just as evil. She was afraid that Cedric would never speak to her again if he knew, and she couldn't live with the thought. So, it remained a secret and always would.

BANG!

"OH NO YOU DON'T, LADDIE!"

Willa's head whipped around to the source of the voice and saw Professor Moody limping down the marble staircase, an angry look on his face. His wand was raised and in the direction of where Malfoy was standing. Willa looked over at the young Slytherin, expecting to see him whimpering in fear, only she saw a little white ferret shivering on the floor instead. He was talking to Harry briefly before yelling again and Willa flinched.

The ferret tried to make a run for it but Moody stopped it. He lifted the animal into the air, ten feet high, and dropped it back onto the ground.
"I don't like people who attack when their opponents back's turned..." Moody growled. He lifted the ferret higher and higher and it screeched in pain. "Stinking, cowardly, scummy thing to do..."

Willa fought back her laughter...she was too afraid that if she laughed he'd do the same thing to her. Cedric seemed to be thinking the same, as Willa looked at him and saw him trying to fight back his laughter too.

"Never. Do. That. Again." Moody said, on each word the ferret hit the ground and bounced upwards.

"Professor Moody!"

Willa turned around and saw Professor McGonagall coming down the steps, books in her hands.

"Hello, Professor McGonagall," Professor Moody said calmly, still bouncing the animal.

"What - what are you doing?" The woman asked, her eyes following the ferret.

"Teaching." Moody said. Willa snorted.

"Teach- Moody, is that a student?" McGonagall shrieked, the books falling to the floor.

"Yep."

"No!" She rushed over to the scene and pulled out her wand. With a loud snapping noise, Draco Malfoy reappeared, lying on the floor; his white hair was messy and his face a bright shade of pink. Willa sniggered at her cousin's...misfortune.

"Moody, we never use Transfiguration as a punishment! We give detentions, or speak to the offender's Head of House!" Professor McGonagall said.

"I'll do that then..." Moody said, staring at Malfoy distastefully.

The pair walked off and Willa followed the crowd of students into the Great Hall.

"Well that was entertaining." Willa said as she sat down at the Hufflepuff table.

Cedric nodded. "I'll never get the image of the Malfoy kid as a ferret out of my head."

"My mother will absolutely love to hear about this." Willa said.

"Why?"

It was then that Willa realised she had said too much. "Oh...no reason. She just likes to hear about anything exciting that goes on. She didn't have much of an exciting time here." She lied.

"Oh, well, let me know what she says when you do tell her." Ced chuckled and Willa stifled a laugh.

That was close.

♦︎♦︎♦︎

Malfoy being turned into a ferret is still one of my fav scenes & idek why lmao

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.9K 2.6K 49
One person can change the world, one little thing can change everything. A simple spell said at the right time with enough conviction saved his life...
686 38 6
[EDITED] [BOOK ONE] In Hermione Granger's fourth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, she finds herself falling for the most popular...
37.1K 982 26
[COMPLETE] [BOOK ONE] In Hermione Granger's fourth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, she finds herself falling for the most popular...
2.5K 29 15
You're beginning your 5th year at Hogwarts, your grades were high and you had a great group of friends - it couldn't be better. That was until pretty...