Summer Camp | C.H

Von lynneeheart

"I don't think I will ever be the same person after this summer." - Olivia's school career is coming to an en... Mehr

Chapter one "I don't know how you convinced me."
Chapter two "Soccer Field"
Chapter three "Just wait by the docks."
Chapter Four "Oh my god."
Chapter Five "Well Would You Look at That..."
Chapter Seven "This is going to be a good summer"
Chapter Eight "Who the hell is that?"
Chapter Nine "What's your problem?"
Chapter 10 "You fucking Idiots!"
Chapter 11 "I thought that was a dream?"
Chapter eleven "I want my shit back, Olivia"

Chapter Six "In the middle of a thunderstorm"

19 2 0
Von lynneeheart

"I'm Grayson." The boy with brown hair contained in a light grey snapback says, his hand reaching for mine. Little blonde hairs peek out the front- and in a good way, it reminds Olivia of a skunk pattern. Just as the rest of the teens among her, he's in the same blue shirt and black shorts. The boy is broad-shouldered and rather muscular for a boy their age.

"Olivia." She smiles, with a slight nod and taking his hand. She scans his face a few moments longer and chuckles "Haven't we already met?"

Grayson raises an eyebrow shakes his head slowly "Uh, No. I'd remember...?" Then he smiles softly and looks to the ground "You probably met my brother- Ethan? We're twins..."

Olivia pauses for a moment to reach in her brain and take out the memory of another boy with the same face. Then she nods and smiles, thinking back to the other boy. He was rather projective about how he felt about being here instead of the beach. At the time, Olivia had agreed with him but now, something's different. Something she can't explain makes her just the slightest bit happy to be here.

"My bad, Grayson. You guys look so similar- though his hair is a little longer." Olivia says, glancing to the other group of people talking. Her eyes land on Calum who's laughing and saying something to a boy with the bluest eyes she's ever seen, beside him is Luke and surprisingly- Maddie. They're all waiting for the campers to go to their assigned places after breakfast, which might take a little longer than anticipated.

"It's okay, I mean it happens a lot, but-" Grayson is cut short when a girl with long brown hair and highlights jumps on his back. Her arms snake around his shoulders and her legs stick to both sides of his torso. Grayson's eyes go wide and his hands fry to the ones around his shoulders.

"Gray!" She squeals, her eyes closed as she nuzzles into Graysons back.

The boy smiles softly and attempts to look at the girl over his shoulder "Hey, Andrea"

Olivia takes this as her cue to leave the two.

Glancing up to them quickly she clears her throat "uh, I'll talk to you later...Grayson"

He doesn't say anything back because he's too distracted with the girl literally climbing on him. Chuckling to herself, Olivia makes her way to where Maddie stands. Her arms are now crossed over her chest as she saying something to Calum. She looks irritated but there's really no way of knowing with her.

"Hey, Guys," Olivia says, inserting herself into the conversation. The boy with super blue eyes looks to her and smiles

"Hey."

"Finally" Maddie smiles, letting out a sigh that sounded like had been kept inside of her for ages. Tucking her dark hair behind her ear, she takes a step closer to Luke so Olivia has a spot to stand.

Gladly, Olivia takes it. She's next to the boy with blue eyes. He's in the exact same shirt as everyone else- although he's cut the sleeves off so it's more of a homemade tanktop. Olivia moves her eyes past him and onto Calum. His eyes quickly avert and fall to the floor. A light flush covers Olivias cheeks, but it could easily be brushed off as from the heat.

"I'm Nash." The boy speaks up, looking at Olivia.

Moving her eyes back to him, she smiles and nods "Olivia,"

He chuckles slightly and says "Yeah, I kinda already know."

Caught off gaurd, Olivia raises an eyebrow and slowly nods.

"Oh, my bad. That probably sounded creepy, huh. Well, your friends were telling me about you."

"My friends?"

"Well, yeah," Maddie says, playfully rolling her eyes.

shortly after that, Kathy made her way out to the assigned spot and explained each activity to us. Everyone and anyone who canoes need a life jacket and two of the five people in a canoe have to be counsellors, and not to go past the fallen tree upstream. Tree climbing along with rock wall have to be closely monitored, one person at a time and they must have the harness on, team sports are literally just like gym class games and at least two counsellors have to be on the hike.

She let the teens divvy out who would do what, since they don't have enough people for each activity, a vote took place on which activity would get kicked for today- in the end, it was team sports...since they can do that any day.

"Olivia, wanna do Canoes with me?"

The girl turns to a very excited Maddie. She's rolled up her cropped tee's, so her shirt mimics a tank top and little beads of sweat are forming on her forehead. Her left hand is shielding her eyes from the sun and the other is fanning her and her lips are grinning

As Olivia goes to answer, memories of last night flood into her mind. The devil of a bird charging her, falling into the water, losing her phone and being saved by Calum. Olivia cringes slightly at her mothers' reaction when she called her on Maddie's phone.

"Hey, Mum..." Olivia said, taking a seat on the bed nearest to her- which was Maddie's. It was late, so her mother was most likely sleeping. Her voice was scratchy and full of sleep.

"Hm..." Is all Olivia gets from the other side of the phone.

"Uh mum, I kinda did something..."

This catches her mothers attention because Olivia can hear scurring on the other side of the phone. It only lasts a few seconds before her mum sighs and continues "Do you need me to pick you up- Wait why are you calling me from Maddies' phone."

"That's why I'm calling you...Um, I kinda-" Olivia stops her self, rubbing the back of her head- trying to pull together all the words to tell her mum that she lost her $800 dollar phone in the dirty forty-foot lake.

"I...Well, I was faced with life and death, and um...lost my phone in the lake..." Olivia says rather quickly, preparing herself for the worst.

Nothing but silence.

"Mum?"

Nothing.

*beep beep beep*

Olivia pulls the phone from her face and looks to the screen. She hung up on Olivia.

"What happened?" Maddie asks, sitting up on Parker's bed. Her arms were crossed tightly over her chest, refusing to leave the bed in fear of being infected with the sogginess that resides on Olivia's clothes.

Setting Maddie's phone down on the bed, Olivia lets out a deep breath and closes her eyes. "I'm in deep shit, that's what."

"Olivia?"

Looking up to where the voice is coming from, Olivia meets brown eyes. They're looking at her, scanning her face as if he's trying to learn her entire life story.

"Oh sorry, what?" She clears her throat and glances at Maddie, who's still awaiting her answer.

"Wanna go on the hike with me? You probably don't wanna go in the water after what happened yesterday- I mean, I wouldn't" Calum smirks, Looking to Maddie for a split second, then back at Olivia. Maddie gasps and elbows Calum.

"Calum!- You know what, that's okay. You guys have fun."

...

"Uh, so um, Do you know exactly where we are?"

Calum turns around to face the boy with dark blonde hair. He's holding his hand just above his eyes, keeping the sun from them. Even though his eyes are shielded, he's still squinting. The boy looks about fourteen maybe fifteen and he's wearing a full Nike outfit.

Olivia looks around, acknowledging the boys' statement. Nothing but woods, weeds, and sticks. They are on a trail, yes- but they went off of the original- then off of that one. The trail is almost unrecognizable and basically just dead leaves. A lot of fallen trees have blocked thair path- but to no avail, because the group just climbs over.

About six or seven campers followed behind both Calum and Olivia. Most of them talking amongst themselves- well they were all talking to the boy who spoke up and asked where exactly they were- he's probably the 'popular' boy, at least amongst this group.

"Yes, Connor. Of course. Just give me a second." Calum mumbles, looking back down to the map in his hands then, in front of him again. His eyes fly from each edge of the forest the surrounds them. "We're almost there..." Then, to himself, he mumbles "At least I think"

Olivia chuckles and looks up, expecting to see the sky but instead, she's met with tree branches amongst branches. Nothing but green and brown.

"Calum?" Olivia says, looking over to where the boy walks next to her. His eyebrows are still furrowed and his eyes on the paper.

"Hm..." is all the manages to escape his lips. He's to engulfed in figuring out where they are- and where they'll end up.

"So, Where exactly does this lead us to?" Olivia questions, tucking her loose curls behind her ear. Her eyes linger on the boys figure a few moments longer just before his eyes move to her. A smile tugs at the corner of his lips and he clears his throat

"If this is the trail I think it is, You'll be amazed. It's so beautiful."

Olivia smiles and nods, not pressing it any further.

"Olivia"

She looks over her shoulder to be met with multiple pairs of eyes on her. Most mouths to go with the eyes have a smile on them- some just a smirk, others full grins.

"How old are you?" The voice speaks up again. Her eyes move to the tallest boy of the group. He's got short dark hair, almost black. Blue eyes and broad shoulders. Olivia hadn't noticed him at first- he looks as if he belongs in the counseller group, not the campers.

Raising an eyebrow, she glances to Calum- who is now looking up from the paper. He almost looks as if he's interested in the conversation now.

"Uh, I just turned eighteen...why?"

The boy smirks and nudges the boy next to him and shakes his head trying no to laugh.

"Do you have a boyfriend?"

Before Olivia can answer the question Calum clears his throat and turns around.

"Okay, guys. Just behind these vines and bushes should be out destination." Then he turns to Olivia and grins "Ladies first"

Slightly taken aback, she nods and softly smiles. Stepping forward, practically climbing over the overgrown bush and shrub, she scrapes her exposed skin on sharp broken branches. A light gasp leaves her lips as another sharp branch impales her skin. In a few more large steps, she's made it to the vine. Pulling back the mossy mess, she squints her eyes- due to the newly exposed sunlight.

Once her eyes adjust, her jaw drops in awe. The sight of large amounts of water falling into a crystal clear pond, surrounded by rocks covered in moss engulfs her vision. Trees almost bend over the shape of the waterfall, not wanting to block the glory in the sight. The mist from the falling water causes an illusion of sparkles glistening over the water. It's literally a sight she'd only saw in movies.

"-Move," Someone says, pushing past her, wanting to see the view. This takes Olivia out of her little daydream and she takes another step into the wonderland of wilderness. Many people walk past her, joining in on the awe she's in.

There is a path, very very faint but it's there leading down to the pond. A worn-down bench, chipping away with erosion sits crooked at the end of the path. A little birds nest is falling apart atop the bench.

"Isn't it amazing?"

The sudden voice makes Olivia jump slightly, but she smiles at the figure standing beside her.

He's grinning, watching as the younger teens run down the path, and stop just before the water.

"It really is...Calum, How did you find this?" Olivia asks, looking back to the sight in front of her.

"That's a story for another time, C'mon. let's go down there."

Olivia nods, following Calum down the path he leads her to an almost flat rock that is half in the water. As she takes a seat next to Calum, she pulls her knees to her chest.

Thunder roars over their head for a few moments, which catches everyone's attention and their eyes turn to the sky.

"Calum should we-" A girl, who's ankle-deep into the water starts but Calum cuts her off

"No, it's fine. Still a little bit away" Then he turns back to Olivia and her eye catches his.

And at that moment, her eyes with his- all she can think about is Trey.

His smile, his laugh, the way he hugs her and holds her tight to his chest. The way how he would tell her how beautiful she is with the soft smile on his lips, the cute cheek kisses, the way how he would set down everything just to spend a moment with her.

A soft smile tugs her lips as she thinks about when they play Mario cart, or when he would wait for her at her locker with the best dad joke he could think of that day. How he would spend hours with her, laughing over stupid videos and playing around with her little puppy.

Suddenly she's taken back to the first time she saw him- how she caught him watching her as she worked through her dance routine at half time at his football game. She hadn't seen someone so- handsome in real life. From then on, she was hooked. Like a drug addict, she had to get more- she had to get to know him.

But now, seeing Calum sitting in front of her, something is different. The way her heart starts to pound when she catches his eye, or how in the span of knowing him for less than forty-eight hours and she can't get him out of her head. It irritates her that she can't stop.

Being put between a rock and a hard place is all she can think to explain it to herself as an excuse- but it's not. It's not fair to Trey for her to feel this way- it's not fair to herself.

At that moment, looking into Calum's eyes, she makes a promise to herself- and Trey in a way, at all cost, she'll distance herself from Calum. Sure, they can be friends but at a restraint- until Olivia can figure out why she's feeling this way about someone that's not her boyfriend.

Then, pulling her from her thoughts, a raindrop lands on her nose and rolls down her cheek. Then another, and another until her face his covered into little droplets of water. The teens in the water start to scurry out as more and more water pours out of the sky, soaking their untouched skin.

"Calum, Olivia- C'mon!" A boy yells as he makes his way up the path quickly.

Olivia doesn't notice it at first, but Calum is standing up and holding his hand out to her. But her eyes stan on the waterfall and the rain falling around it.

"We're in the middle of a thunderstorm and all you wanna do is sit and watch the rain pour."

As she looks back to the brown-haired boy, she forgets the newly-made promise, smiles at him and takes his hand

...

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

73.4K 1.8K 33
"I would never fall in love with him....right?" She thought hard about it , and she ended up thinking wrong. *SEQUEL OUT NOW*
3.5K 170 46
in which zoey doesn't understand why her best friend would leave her, and it's far too dangerous for michael to explain it to her. - |word count: 57...
841 70 36
It's summer and all I wanted to do is spend my days at the camp. Except that my cousin - who I haven't even met yet - decided to get married and I wa...
653K 24.3K 47
In which two teenagers find love in the warm summer days, and cool sweater weather nights.