You Stole My Heart

By Storm-And-Snow

Nerdy, invisible and unpopular, Sarah wishes for everything she doesn't have-including football star hottie Z... More

CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
BONUS CHAPTER
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
CHAPTER FORTY
CHAPTER FOURTY-ONE
CHAPTER FOURTY TWO
CHAPTER FOURTY THREE
CHAPTER FOURTY FOUR
CHAPTER FOURTY FIVE
EPILOGUE UPDATE!!!!

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

281 8 3
By Storm-And-Snow

Date Night.

"Hey Sarah." Shane says breathless "You look..." He stops, trying to find a word to describe me.

"Okay? Good?" I say

Shane looks at me confused, "You're nowhere near okay." Sane stops and I don't know what to say. I'm hoping like crazy I was right about him not being a jerk or an ass.

"You're gorgeous." Okay never mind. Sarah, you're going to give yourself an anxiety attack if you're going to over think everything tonight. Just calm down.

All I can do is stare at him and smile. This date so far is amazing and I haven't even left my doorstep. That doesn't mean guys only need to compliment me to get in my good books.

"Thanks." I smile.

"So do you wanna get going?"

"Yeah sure." We walk to his car in a comfortable silence. He opens the passenger door for me and gets in. As we drive, I ask him where we're going and he answers saying he still can't tell me.

"I want you to be completely surprised." He looks at me and smiles. I don't know what it is but I feel comfortable around him.

"Okay then. I trust you. So tell me, other than getting really bulked up and going do boarding school, what's been going on?"

He tells me about his family and the friends he's made. About his high school, and how a girl was the reason he changed from being so small and scrawny.

"We met when I visited my parents the first holiday at the boarding school. We went the Bahama's and then I was still the same nerdy guy. I then met Erica. She was kind and didn't make me feel like a loser. Since we were staying in the same hotel, we spent a lot of time together..." He stops and deeply exhales. Something tells me Erica broke his heart in some way.

"...then two days before we left there was a teen party and the plan was I would meet her there. When I got there she was with another guy. I asked her what was going on and said I thought we were together. She then laughed in my face, called me a scrawny, nerdy, geeky freak who would never get a girl..."

"...her date then poured his drink all over me, which resulted in everyone laughing at me. As much as I tried to block what she said, I couldn't. I mean even a person who actually knew me, though I was a loser. So... I hit a low. What I did, I don't think you'll want to hear. Let's just say, I had a psychologist come in and try and help me. Once I hit rock bottom, I decided to change who I was. Long story short, I joined the football team. The coach saw I had potential so he trained me and here I am."

Wow, that's deep. I put my hand on his, clutching the stick shift. His knuckles are white and I can see it still hurts him. Having so many people taunt you for being yourself is rough. It's like taking Sabrina and filling the whole of SouthValley with them. It's unimaginable.

"Just because you were a nerd didn't make you a loser; and I'm sorry you had to go through that. It does sound horrible. I'm here for you." I say gently.

"I'm okay and I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said all of this to you."

"It's really fine. I understand."

We sit in another comfortable silence, my hand still on his. When I fully realize where it is, I quickly move it away.

"Anyway... So tell me about you." He says in a more pleasant manner.

I talk about school, still not telling him the name. It's actually weird how he doesn't ask. I tell him about Carley, Blake, The plastics. Not Zac though. I wouldn't know how to describe him.

After about 20 min of driving we pass a big Ferris wheel and I have an idea to where he's taking us. I guess I was right because we park in a full parking lot and walk up, through an entrance that reads 'Fall Carnival'. I remember reading about this, although I didn't think of actually coming here.

"Here we are." He says. We walk around and look at all the food and game stalls. It makes me feel like a kid again. The cotton candy, stuffed animals and throwing up on 'The Spinning Death Chamber' after eating too much.

The first thing we did was go to the bumper cars, because how can you go to a carnival and not go on the bumper cars. It was amazingly fun. I got into one and Shane gets into another. As soon as I drive out, Shane immediately knocks me from behind.

Before I can turn around, he drives away screaming "ITS ON."

We spent the next ten minutes crashing into each other as well as other kids. It must have been a real sight seeing two really old teenagers screaming and laughing around thirteen and fourteen year olds, either way, It was amazing. We walk out and have a complete debate over who won. In the end, we settled on a draw. Yeah right, obviously I kicked his ass, but I was just trying to be nice on him.

After a while we see a haunted house and Shane says he wants to see if I can handle it.

"Oh yeah. Watch me." I say with a smirk. Though My heart is beating so fast I think it's going to explode. I'm not one of those people who can sit at 11pm watching Paranormal Activity marathons. Those things creep me out completely!! So yeah you can say I'm scared...

We go through the curtains and everything is dimly lit in the beginning, just enough to see where you're going. The soft eerie music plays and I'm praying for my legs not burst into a sprint out of here. As we walk a cold hand reaches out and touches me, trailing the back of my shoulder. I jump a little and scream. Shane laughs and I can't help but laugh with him. He puts his arm over my shoulders to comfort me. I feel safe with him and find this a lot more enjoyable.

We get through the end of the haunted house both laughing.

"You are such a scardey cat Sarah!!" Shane says through bouts of laughter.

"I'm not!!" I playfully hit him on the chest.

Our laughter dies down after a while and Shane still has his arm over my shoulder. I look up at him and he smiles. A smile that could make any girl turn into a puddle of goo. Hmm reminds me of something or someone, though I can't quite fully remember.

I put my arm around his waist and we carry on walking around.

We tried our luck at a few game stalls: ring toss, mini bowling and a dart game but didn't actually do too well though. We walked past this basketball game where if you got 7 hoops in a row you'd win a giant stuffed puppy; and Shane being the gentleman that he is was adamant of winning it for me. Surprisingly he did!! He hands it to me and gives me a kiss on the cheek

"For the lady." He says and bows

"Why thank you sir." I say in the best British accent I can convey, but it sounds really stupid. "Hey do you wanna get cotton candy or something?" I'm not really that hungry but the smells of food are calling me.

"Sure, but I've still got one more surprise waiting for you."

We grab some cotton candy and make our way to the Ferris wheel. We sit in one of the benches and slowly make our way up. All the lights are beautiful and give me warm tingles inside. I lay my head on his shoulder and we sit in the comfortable silence until it's our time to get off.

"This is just amazing." I say in a sigh.

"Well the night isn't over yet." He says and takes my hand in his.

After the ride, we walk back to the car still hand in hand. I get excited as to what he still has planned; but just being with him makes me feel giddy.

The drive is a bit longer than before but I don't mind. We chat about plans after high school. Just like me, Shane also wants to travel. I tell him I still don't know what I want to do with my life. It's true, I still don't have a plan. All I know is that I don't have a lot of time left to decide.

The road becomes a lot steeper and I'm very confused as to why Shane's taking me up a mountain. We reach the top and he parks behind a line of bushes. We get out the car and covers my eyes and leads me somewhere.

"Welcome to your final surprise." He says and moves his hands away. In front of me is the most beautiful night view I've ever seen. The whole town is lit up. The carnival is still lit and I can see the Ferris wheel. Horizon cuts and even though the town is lit up, it still doesn't take away from the shining stars in the sky. Beautiful doesn't even compare to this.

"I thought you may like this." Shane says.

The only words that come out my mouth are "wow." I look at him and he smiles at me. Next to him I notice a picnic bench set up with a dinner of hot dogs and chips. No candlelight though, because obviously we don't need it.

"I didn't want you to miss out on the carnival food, so I brought some of my own."

We sit and eat, staring at the view. Shane looks at me and I can't tell what he's thinking.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I ask him

"Because you're gorgeous." He replies. This boy is smooth!!!

I don't want him to see me blush so I look down and try and hide my face as much as possible.

***

We drive back to my place and he parks on the road outside my house.

"Thanks for a great night Shane. I had an amazing time." I lean over and kiss him on the cheek.

"Wait you really think I'm not going to walk you to your door. Come on let's go." He gets out and I want to squeal. How amazing is he!!! Okay keep it in Sarah, keep it in. You don't want him to think you're crazy or something. .

We walk to the door and I can feel sparks starting to rise. Is it going to happen?

"Well thanks for a great night, again." I say awkwardly.

"I hope I get to see you again." He says and hugs me.

"Um so bye."

"Bye." I open the door about to leave. So much for sparks.

Shane closes the door and grabs me closer to him.

In one swift move he brings his face closer to mine and kisses me.

BOOM!! Sparks fly and fireworks explode. Every book made about the first kiss doesn't match up to the actual moment!!

I walk in the house and wait to hear his car drive away before I scream at the top of my lungs, forcing both my parents and Daniella to run downstairs like something's wrong...

Is it crazy to say this had been one of the best nights of my life??

I hope not!!!

*********************************************************************************************************

A/N

SO the date has finally arrived.💖

It took forever, but unfortunately it was too much fit into one chapter, plus we wanted to build some suspense. 😉

We've finally reached 1K reads!!!!!🙊😂😅😁😋🙉😵

Thank you, thank you, thank you so much to all you readers.💖

To actually know people got past the first chapter and actually liked it, is just amazing, so just... YAY!!!

Please don't forget to Vote and Comment, and also tell anyone who you think would love this book.

We've also gotten the first ship name for Shane and Sarah- Sharah??

We know it's hard because names start with the same letter, but if there's any you can come up with, let us know, we may add it in somewhere in the upcoming chapters.

So yeah.. See you guys soon with another chapter. Again it may take a bit longer. New ideas are forming.

Mwah

Love you all!!!

xoxo

Storm and Snow

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 48.1K 21
Ally has always been one of the boys. That is, until she realizes that she has feelings for her best friend, Zac, who happens to be the hottest guy...
6.7K 93 14
*I've always wanted to read about a girl who was to deal with her boyfriend being a baseball player. It's a totally different world. Have you ever ha...
1.1K 36 22
"Dear Crush, I exist... and trust me or not, but no one else in this whole world can love you the way I do..." He fell in love for the first time in...
16.9K 891 55
It's nothing like you imagine. Please give it a chance. ✷✷✷✷ She smacked my head. I smacked her head. She stuck out her tongue. I stuck out my tongue...