CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

Mini-Con
***DISCLAIMER: Everything mentioned in this chapter has been made up and is not meant to insult anyone in anyway. Completely non-fictional.***
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Are you sure you can't come with me babe?"
"Yeah, I'm sorry. My moms forcing me to go to my aunts wedding. She says we can 'bond' over the road trip. I'm really sorry Sarah. Damn, my aunt had to plan a wedding on the same weekend as one of the greatest conventions ever. " Shane says through the phone.
"Aw I'm sorry Shane. I'll get you a Darth Vader bobble-head okay?" I say sarcastically.
"Haha, you know me too well, thanks angel. I'll chat you later, tux fittings." He groans into his cell.
"Bye Shane. Have fun at the wedding."
"Have fun babe. Send me pics of your super sexy costume later."
I laugh at his overly perverted comment, "Yeah whatever. Bye."
"Bye babe."
The call ends and I hold the phone to my chest. I swear I feel like I'm on cloud nine.... And 3/4.
Shane is just beyond amazing and I couldn't be happier. Then again, it could be from the excitement I'm feeling for today. The best comic book, gaming, Disney, sci-fi convention is finally in my town! It's like Comic-Con but the smaller version, so 'Mini-Con'.
Trying not be too cliché, I decided to go as Wonder girl, rather than Wonder Woman. It's not greatly expected plus it's the closest thing I can wear to jeans and a T.
In the morning after a shower and getting ready the doorbell rings. Shortly after Carley and Blake walk into my room.
"Hello Ms. Wonder." Carley says. "Ready!!"
"Hell yeah I am. Awesome costumes by the way." Carley went with Jean Grey while Blake is obviously Scott Summers aka Cyclops. They really do look amazing, even though I prefer the Jean 'movie' costume rather than the comic book version; but the yellow spandex suit still looks good on her.
"So ready to go." I ask, grabbing my cell and and lip gloss.
"Let's do this."
When we arrive at 'Mini-Con', the lines were already growing out side. People have come as every character imaginable: Percy Jackson, Thor, Spock and the obvious Superman's and Batman's.
Although I did see this super hot Flynn Ryder impersonator and Frozen seems to be popular this year. Carley had to remind me, that now that I'm dating Shane, I can only window shop from a distance.
We finally enter the building and it's like heaven. Greatness as far as the eye can see. I turn to Blake and Carley and I swear I saw a glimpse of a tear.
"Okay." I say cutting the silence. "What do you guys want to hit first?"
"I say we go to Marvel universe. I need to try and find an Ant-man comic book missing from my collection." Blake says embarrassed.
Carley and I laugh as we walk towards the Marvel section. Everything from games, books, movies, action figures, posters and limited addition, super rare action figures. Who wouldn't squeal!!
Blake eventually finds his missing comic book, and let's out a loud "YES!" followed by a weird victory dance while standing in line to pay. What a dork.
For most of the morning, we walk around, checking out everything. We didn't come last year so I really miss the vibe from all the people who, for one day can become their ultimate 'alter-ego'.
***
Later on, Carley and Blake start acting weird. Obviously something was up, and couldn't tell me. To make it easier for them, I stopped and turned to them. "Guys what's up, you've been acting weird for the last half an hour?"
Carley looks at me with a guilty look on her face and answers, "Sorry Sarah. It's nothing big, but Blake and I wanted to enter this couple costume contest. Is it okay?"
"Guys, it's cool don't worry!! Go ahead. I need to head to Star Wars anyway, wanna get something for Shane. Good luck guys."
"Thanks buddy. You're the best. We'll see you later." Carley hugs me and her and Blake almost run in the other direction.
I'm left alone to try and navigate my way through the crowds. Blake took the 'map' with him and it was the only way we knew where we were going. Oh well, I'll walk around and try not to get lost.
I'm glad to have my own time every once in a while. Indulged in my own thoughts. It's on days like these though where I wish Shane were with me. It sucks being a third wheel sometimes. I mean I do love Blake and Carls to bits,I'm just glad I'm not on my own anymore. Then again, I wonder where I'd be if I wasn't with Shane. Would I actually be with-
"Ouch!!" Someone knocks me over and they land on top of me. "What the..."
I stand up and find a pair of deep blue eyes staring up at me. A young boy, twelve years I'm guessing stares up at me, waiting anxiously for a response from me.
"Hey, are you okay?" I ask.
"Yeah, I'm good thanks, but I should be asking you that. Sorry for bumping into you." He says, looking down at the floor.
"It's alright. No harm done. So why in such a rush?"
"I was trying to get to Gaming and lost my older brother and sister. I've been running around trying to find them." I can see he's scared and see tears forming in his eyes. Squatting down, I place my hands on his shoulders, trying to comfort him.
"Hey don't worry. I'm sure you'll find your brother and sister soon. How about I help you find them?"
He looks at me with a grateful smile. "Thanks, that be awesome. I'm Sean,by the way."
"Hi Sean, I'm Sarah. Do you by any chance know your brother or sisters cell number? I can try call them for you."
"No sorry. My sister is my twin so she has no phone and my brother put his off, so I doubt he'll answer."
"Okay, well you lead me in the direction of where you last saw them and maybe we can find them that way."
"Okay. Nice costume by the way. I love Wonder girl." He says smiling at me.
"Thanks. I like yours as well." He looks really adorable in his little Luke Skywalker costume.
We walk around looking for Sean's brother. It's difficult with all these people around plus I don't know who I'm looking for.
I should have asked for his brother's name in the beginning.
"By the way Sean, what's your brother and sister's name?"
"Well, my twin sister Mia is twelve, like me and my brother is-"
"Sean?? SEAN!!" I hear a someone call out. The little boy rips out of my hand and runs to his brother and sister.
A little girl, with blonde hair wearing the blue Elsa gown from Frozen (see told you it was popular) and an older guy wearing a green lantern t-shirt.
Zac.
Walking forward, Zac still hasn't seen me and I take this opportunity to calm my nerves, instead of bolting around the corner. I don't know why, but it feels like a very good option.
Ignoring my thoughts though, I stay put and listen to Zac speak to his little brother.
"What the hell? Where did you go? Mia and I have been looking for you everywhere!!" He crouches down and gives his brother a bear hug, and looks as if all the stress was lifted off his shoulders.
"It's okay Zac. Sarah found me." Sean says smiling and points at me.
He stands up,looking at awkward me standing there, half glad that it wasn't some weirdo walking around with his brother and half shocked.
"Um..hey." I say awkwardly. "Yeah, Sean accidentally rammed into me and said he couldn't find his brother and sister."
"Thanks a ton Sarah." He has a grateful smile on his face, which makes me smile. "I didn't expect to see you here."
"I should be saying the same thing to you. I never knew you were into his kind of stuff."
"Yeah, not many people do. The twins and I have been waiting for this weekend for months." He says and ruffles Sean's hair.
"Same here." I laugh awkwardly because I really don't know what to say next. The short silence was fortunately broken by Mia.
"Zac, come on let's go. They're giving away awesome Frozen stuff and I wanna get there before all its gone. Lets go!!"
I look at her and smile. "Big fan?" I ask
"Huge! That movie is the best ever!! Even though everyone loves Olaf, Sven is my favorite."
"No ways! I love Sven too." I'm not lying though, he really is. Plus even without speaking, he gives great advice.
Sean looks up at his brother with a despondent look on his face.
"No! You said we could go to SuperMario next!! Who cares about Frozen, she has everything already!! Zac please."
"Zac!!" Mia shouts
"Zac!!" Sean shouts.
"Guys! Shut it, I'm sure we can do both, if we hurry, now let's go.." Zac looks kinda irritated. It wouldn't be to much of a bad thing if I help out a bit. It's not weird right??
The thought lingers and it seems like a good choice. Plus I'm sure Shane won't have a problem with me helping out some sweet kids.
"Hey, if it's cool with you, I could take Mia to the Frozen thing? I really don't mind." I say.
Zac looks shocked and a little suspicious.
"Are you sure. I don't want Mia to inconvenience your plans or anything."
"It really isn't a problem. Unless Mia has a problem with it?"
Mia quickly replies. "No! There is no problem, at all. I need an excuse to get away from these two." She says pointing to Zac and Sean.
"Okay cool then. So we'll meet you back here in about and hour. Sound okay?"
Zac nods. "Yeah, that sounds great. Thanks again Sarah." He walks up to me and whispers in my ear. "I owe you big time."
Zac and Sean walk off.
I put my hand on Mia's shoulder. "Come on. Let's go get Frozen"
***
"This is epic!!" Mia sighs as she takes in the 'magic' of Frozen around her.