CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

"Dani, Dani! Wake up!" I hiss at my sister.

"What? Man Sarah, go back to bed." She mumbles and I swear, I'm so close to getting a bucket of water and pouring it all over her.

"Dani can you, for a second, lift you ego filled head and see who's lying next to you?"

Dani slowly lifts her head and as if electricity had struck her, jumps out of bed, away from Kevin. "What the hell is he doing? I told him not to fall asleep here last night."

"Yeah well. While Kevin was here, not leaving, I fell asleep next to Zac and Shane. If either mom and dad walk into their room and those two idiots tell them that I fell asleep in the same bed as them, Disneyland is going to get a lot less magical."

"Okay look." Dani says. "Why don't we just tell Kevin to go back into his room?"

"Won't work. When I came back from the other room. I heard the parents getting ready to surprise us. So I doubt he can get there without being seen." I tell her.

She sighs and falls back onto my bed. No matter how old Dani and I get, the one thing our parents have never stood for were boys close to us while sleeping. The only exceptions have been Blake and a friends Dani had in high school, but he played for a different team...If they found out about this, all hell would break.

Dani sits up and looks at me. "We need to cover for each other. I don't know what the hell we're going to say, but damn Sarah we need to do it."

"Okay fine." I say and as I do all parents walk into our room with a very sleepy Zac, Shane and Sean.

A chorus of Merry Christmas's go around and Dani quickly wakes up Kevin. It's really obvious and mom purses her lips, waiting for an explanation from her.

"So Sarah. We went into the boys room this morning and...strangely found them sleeping in the same bed. They told us you watched a movie with them. Did you fall asleep with them?" Mom questions. Thanks mom, I can always count on her to make the situation even more awkward than it is.

The room falls silent and it's in these moments I wish mom was one of those parents who didn't like drama. She didn't care who was watching, when she wants answers, she gets them.

"Ummm...well." I begin. Shane and Zac stand behind the parents, still with sleepy expressions. I obviously can't ask them to back me up. Then luckily Daniella does.

"Well obviously not. Last night Sarah said she was watching a movie with the guys, so when she didn't come back to the room, I went to go and check on her. The movie had just ended and I made sure she came back to our room." Dani throws her arm over my shoulder and kisses my cheek. You know perfect sister and all.

Still not convinced, mom questions us again. "And what happened to Kevin??"

This time it's my turn to come to the rescue of my sister and her now fully alert boyfriend. "Yeah, Kevin fell asleep on Dani's bed last night so we shared one."

Even though still pretty suspicious, mom lets the issue drop. Standing here interrogating us is most probably cutting into her Christmas plans.

"Alright then. Merry Christmas everyone!! Janine and I have a great day ahead. So why don't we go into the living room and continue with the gift giving." Both moms excitedly stride out of the room and Daniella and I give each other a look of relief and follow the family.

We all find a seat and gifts start going around. Daniella and I, as a gift to our parents, planned a riverboat trip and romantic dinner for them. I got a pair of Wireless earphones and a framed poster of One Direction signed by all the members of the band for Dani, the iPhone 6 from my parents, a gift voucher to a 5 star spa from the Cornelio's, a strange but really thoughtful card with money from Kevin, and lastly, in my opinion the best gift received, a diamond encrusted name necklace and matching diamond bracelet from Shane.