Always ~ Parley/Parkner

By marvelisourtype

The last book of the Parley trilogy. -Completed. More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 8

1.9K 60 141
By marvelisourtype

*HARLEY'S POV*

We (Natasha, me, Clint, and Rhodey) are on Rocket's ship, Benatar I think is what it's called, on our way to Morag.

Morag is where the Power Stone is located. I'm so excited, this is my first real mission. I mean yeah I fought a couple hundred alien dogs, but that's not really a mission, more of fighting off alien dogs.

"You ready kid?" Rhodey gets up and heads towards the end of the ship.

"As I'll ever be." I respond following his lead.

I stop and turn around and look at Nat. I go and give her a hug. "You and Clint stay safe, okay."

"Don't worry about me, worry about your mission. Go get that stone." She smiles and hits the side of my suit. I nod and turn around, making my way back to Rhodey.

"Take that stone and come back, no messing around you two!" Rhodey yells after Natasha and Clint.

"Yeah, yeah. You got this Rhodes." Clint closes the hitch of the ship and we are left on Morag.

"Well...this is...pleasant." I look around at the dark, cave-like, setting of the planet.

"Now don't chicken out on me Harls." Rhodey jokes around. I straighten up.

"Me? Scared? Psh- yeah right."

"Whatever you say...." He walks over to a rock and we hide behind it. Thor told us to keep an eye out for a guy named Peter Quill. He's the one who's getting the Power Stone in 2014.

A couple minutes later we see a guy dancing and singing (very badly) around with a Walkman attached to the side.

"What the fuck, isn't he about to steal one of the most powerful items in the universe and he's just dancing around to....Come And Get Your Love?!" I look over at Rhodey.

"Well Thor didn't say he was a mastermind." He gets up. "Stay here, I'll be right back." I nod.

I place my head up over the rock so I can see what Rhodey is doing. He knocks out Peter Quill.

Badass.

He makes a hand notion for me to come on over. I scramble to my feet and make my way over and see something laying next to him.

"What's this?"

"Some sort of tool, I guess." Rhodey shrugs. "Keep it, we may need it."

"I was going to anyways." I laugh.

"Of course you were."

We walk up to a door with odd writing and carvings on it.

"Where's that thingamabob?" Rhodey holds out his hand and I hand over the tool.

He inserts it inside the door and it opens.

"Now what? That was easier than I thought." I state.

"We go get the Power Stone."

"Won't there be boobytraps and such?!"

"There's only one way to find out..." Rhodey starts to walk ahead.

"Well wait on me!"

We walk up to the stone. It's covered with a force field type thing.

"Well...here's the hard part." Rhodey sighs.

"We have to have a grabber thing in our suits, right?"

"Yours might, I don't think mine has anything like that."

"F.R.I.D.A.Y, can you provide me with a pair of grabbers so I can get this stone?"

—on it sir—

A pair of claw-like hands pop out from the back of my suit. "Yesssss." Rhodey high fives me.

I let the grabbers reach through the force field. They immediately begin to melt.

"Shit-" Rhodey mumbles under his breath.

"Come on...come on......." I focus on getting the stone quickly. I grab ahold of it and pull it out quickly. It becomes lose from the grip and goes into a free fall. "Fuck-"

Rhodey catches it. "Ohhh, kid you..." he laughs, "got lucky."

I laugh awkwardly. "Oops?"

Rhodey sighs and shakes his head.

"Okay, sync up. Let's get out of here."

I nod.

"Three...two...one."

*NATASHA'S POV*

After we drop off Harley and Rhodey, Clint and I begin our way to Vormir to get the Soul Stone.

We take a jump through space and begin to accelerate tremendously.

"We're a long way from Budapest." Clint looks over and smiles.

(a/n we better know what happens in Budapest in the new Black Widow movie or I'll sue.)

"A LONG way." I laugh.

We arrive to Vormir and come face to face with a mountain.

"Well here we go." Clint sighs.

We climb up the mountain. Once we get to the top we sigh from being out of breath.

"One can say I underestimated that."

"Same here Nat, either that, or we're just getting old."

I roll my eyes.

"Welcome." We see a guy in a black cloak and a red skull for a face.

Clint and I automatically draw our weapons towards the...person.

"Natasha, daughter of Ivan. Clint, son of Edith."

"And you are?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Consider me a guide. To you, and all the others who shall seek the Soul Stone."

"Okay, so if you just tell us where it is, we'll be on our way." Clint draws his bow back.

"It's not that easy..." he chuckles.

We let our guard down a bit.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Follow me." He leads us to the end of the cliff. "In order to take the stone, you must lose that of which you love. An everlasting exchange. Soul for a soul."

He walks away, leaving Clint and me alone. "He's gotta be making this shit up..." Clint paces back and forth.

I sit down and prop my elbows on my knees and place my head in my hands. "I don't think he is, Clint."

"Why? Because he knew your Daddy's name?"

"I didn't."

Awkward silence falls.

"Think. Thanos left here without his daughter, right? It can't be a coincidence."

Clint sighs.

"If we don't get that stone, trillions of people stay dead." I get up and walk over to him.

"Looks like we both know who it's gotta be." Clint says.

"Yeah. Me."

"No-no-no-no, Nat, I can't lose you."

"Listen Clint, for the last year and a half, all I've been focused on is getting those people back. Giving kids who have lost their parents their parents back, giving kids back to their parents, so on."

"Come on Nat...don't go on and get all decent on me."

"I'm trying to save your life, idiot."

"Well I don't want you to. Look at what I've become."

"I don't judge people on their worst mistakes. Just like how you didn't with me."

I give him a hug. "Okay...you win." Clint whispers. Before I had a chance to react he pushes me to the ground. "Tell my family I love them."

I get back up to my feet quickly. "Tell them yourself, you stubborn ass." I tackle him to the ground and run to the edge of the cliff.

I hear an explosion and I fall to the ground. I see Clint sprinting and then he jumps off the cliff.

No!

I jump after him and hook him onto a grappling hook.

"And you called me the stubborn ass."

"You have to let me go Clint." I said, my voice soft.

"I can't- Nat, you're my best friend." His voice breaks with each word.

"It's okay. It'll be okay. I promise."

"Please, Nat. You can't do this."

"I love you." I kick the wall, forcing him to let go of his grip.

"NO-"

I fall to the ground. Seeing his broken face as I feel the wind swarm my body.

It's all going to be alright. I did the right thing.

*CLINT'S POV*

I see her body lay on the ground lifeless. I bite my lip holding back tears and take a deep breath.

A big *BOOM* happens and I'm in a pool of water, the Soul Stone in my hand.

"NO- NO- NO!" I hit the ground with anger with each 'no'.

I take another deep breath and activate the suit to head back to present day.

I am soon surrounded by all the others, each holding a stone of their own.

"Bro- that was so cool- how did we all get here at the same time?!" Harley exclaims.

"I don't know, but it is cool isn't it?" Steve smiles at me.

"Did we get them all?" Bruce asks. A sound of yeah's and nods flood over. "Where's Nat?"

I look at him solemnly.

"She didn't make it." My voice above a whisper.

"What-?" Harley's voice breaks and you see Bruce's face drop.

"Soul for a soul...." I hold out the Soul Stone and then grip it tightly.

Bruce punches the top of a table and the rest of the team looks between each other in shock. Sadness on each of their faces. Then Thor speaks up.

"Wait- guys you're acting like she's dead?! We have the stones, we can get her back!" Thor exclaims with confusion.

"Thor. It can't be undone. It just can't." I say a bit more rude than I meant.

Bruce walks up to everyone. "We have to make it worth it, she didn't do this for nothing."

"We will." Tony pats Bruce on the back. "We will." Tony's face flashes over with grief and sadness as his hand lays limply on Bruce's shoulder.

Everyone heads outside to a lake view and stares at the sunset.

"We have all the stones..." Steve breaks the silence.

"Time to make all of this worth it. Lets go get our people back." Scott gets up and brushes off his pants.

"For Nat." Tony speaks up.

"For Nat." I repeat.

"For Nat." Everyone says together.

"Let's do this thing." Harley wipes away a runaway tear rolling down his cheek.

-
-
-

A/N

FUUUUUCKKKKK MEEEE, I'M BAWLING AT THE MOMENT. I was really dreading writing this. I was trying my best to think of ways for her not to die, but none of them made sense. But yes, I break inside every time I even think of this scene, so this was really hard for me. I hope you all enjoyed, sorry for this long wait just to be broken into pieces. Anyways.

I hope you Midgardians have a BOMB ASS FREAKING day ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.3K 616 16
𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞�...
Broken By Ava

Fanfiction

8.7K 198 12
Everything was going well in Peter's life. Sort of. He thought it was, at least. But then within ten minutes, his life started going downhill. Fast. ...
87K 3.1K 11
in which a boy left his best friend without explanation and came back with a lot of secrets. ( peter parker x male!oc ) ( set in homecoming )
80.1K 2.7K 22
Sequel to Jealousy ---------- ~Harley and Peter reunite at MIT, and a very complicated love triangle forms... what will they do?~ - Start of Infinity...