Chapter 13

(A/N first of all, can we all acknowledge how much Ty looks like a freaking angel in the picture above? his friend took this of him during a baseball game and he WASN'T EVEN TRYING BUT HE WAS STILL CUTE. anyway... FAR FROM HOME IS LITERALLY COMING OUT TOMORROW, I'M SO FREAKING EXCITED! me and Desi are going to see it together of course :) I've seen loads of spoilers but not any really big ones so I'm pretty clueless for the most part. anyway, enjoy the chapter!)

*HARLEY'S POV*

I woke up to the smell of roasting coffee beans and distant chatter in the kitchen. I yawned and noticed Peter, sleeping silently beside me. I guess he fell asleep in here.

I got up and got dressed, combed through my messy bed hair, and walked to the kitchen. Steve, Bruce, Clint, Wanda, and Rhodey were already up. As I came closer, I heard bits of Steve and Bruce's conversation.

"-think he needs it. Even if he seems fine, it's probably a good idea." Steve finished.

"Peter has been through a lot, you're right," Bruce replied, "maybe he should go."

They noticed me walking up and their conversation came to an end.

"Hey Harley!" Steve patted my back. "How'd you sleep?"

"Good," I answered shortly, my brain still wrapped around what they were talking about.

"We've got coffee if you want some and Wanda is making waffles." Bruce said, coming up behind me.

"Thanks." I grabbed a mug and poured some coffee.

About 45 minutes later, a sleepy Peter trudged to the kitchen with his pajamas still on. "Hey guys," he yawned.

"Hey Pete," Clint said, walking to the dining table with a plate full of waffles.

Pietro was up by now, too, and he followed Clint eagerly.

Thor was at the table eating strawberry Pop Tarts. "Mere waffles cannot even COMPARE to the excellent variety of tastes Pop Tarts withhold." He announced, looking down at the plate of waffles with disgust.

"Did you sleep well?" I asked Peter as he got a glass of orange juice.

"Yeah," he replied sleepily. "Your bed is really comfortable."

I laughed. "You do seem to like it," I winked at him and he blushed.

"Hey Peter," Steve came over to Peter and I and lowered his voice. "I need to talk to you after breakfast."

Peter's face went blank and he glanced at me curiously as Steve walked away. "Do you know what that's about?"

"No," I answered honestly. "But I don't think it's anything to worry about."

Peter nodded hesitantly and walked to the dining table, which was now full of Avengers, and ate breakfast.

After breakfast, I saw Steve take him to a quiet hallway and I watched them silently.

I wonder what this is about.

Steve seemed to be trying to explain something, he was using hand motions a lot. Peter seemed to be trying to understand but his face kept getting darker and darker.