Chapter 5

(A/N this chapter is where shit gets crazy and a little confusing. so hold on tight. also Thor never vanished and got fat and alcoholic so he's still regular Thor because that shit really broke my heart.)

*TONY'S POV*

God, I really am a genius.

But so is Harley.

Now that we figured out how to time travel using the Quantum Realm, we may have a chance.

A chance to get everyone back.

"Hey kid," I said walking up to Harley and putting my hand on his shoulder. "If you're going to do this, you're going to need a little more training than FRIDAY's beginner's tutorial. Why don't you train with us?"

His eyes became bright and he grinned. "Are you serious?"

"Of course I'm serious, what did you expect?"

He hugged me. "That would be amazing."

"Alright," I laughed. "Then let's get started."

*HARLEY'S POV*

Training with the Avengers? Pfft, done it. Or ABOUT to do it... I thought to myself as I walked to the training room. My heart was beating fast.

I hope I'm good at this. What if I'm not meant for this stuff? What if the only useful thing about me is my brain?

Shut up anxiety. I don't need you, especially not right now.

"Hey Natasha," I heard Steve talking up ahead. "Heard anything from Thor?"

"Nope," she sighed. "Not since he left."

Yeah... where is Thor?

"Think we might need him?" Steve continued.

"I don't know."

Then they started whispering so I couldn't hear them anymore, even though I tried.

Steve looked back suddenly. "Tony," he waved him over there. Tony looked up from his phone and walked towards them, then Steve whispered something to him.

He nodded. "Yeah I can do that."

Steve opened the glass door to the training room for everyone. "Harley," he said and patted me on the back, "get ready for this."

That makes me feel soooo much better, I thought bitterly as he sat me on a bench.

"First and foremost," Tony said, rolling on a hand wrap around his right hand, "we're going to teach you some combat skill, for when you don't have a suit."

When I don't have a suit? IS HE LETTING ME USE HIS SUITS ALL THE TIME?

I'll ask later. This seems important.

He punched a punching bag once and then he and Steve showed me some technique. Then Tony told me to try it.

I punched it once and felt a mild burning sensation in my knuckles. Ow.

"Here," Steve said, grabbing my hand and shaping it, "more like this. Now try." I tried again and it felt better. They let me practice until my hand started bleeding because I was punching with my bare hands, at which point they made me stop. "I'll go get some ice," Steve sighed and I chuckled. Tony followed him.

"Now," Natasha took over, "I'm going to show you advanced combat skill," she said, playfully rolling her eyes at Tony and Steve walking out of the room. She showed me some kicks and moves that I don't think I'll ever be able to master.