Then and Now

By Moosifer_bilinski

Sam and Dean had a happy life, until one night the two young boys witness their parents murders. Now they hop... More

Then
Death
Alastair
Trouble
Charlie's story
The Novak's
Dark and Light
The golden boy and the quiet boy
Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches get you friends
Goodbyes
Fight club
Finding Sammy
A new home
They finally meet
Sammy Winchester, the boy who lived
The treehouse friends
What an anniversary...
The hunter became the hunted
We don't get to be happy
Bestest best friends
Wanna see if I can fly?
And then shit hit the fan
Town to Town
The Dr is in
Get him back: Part one
Get him back: Part two
Get him back: Part three
Life is harsh pt. 1
Life is harsh pt. 2
Cas? I thought you died!
Satan is being... nice?
Sabriel! Or the one about Lucifer and his ships
This is a story about Castiel
Gabe almost gets murdered by a moose
A filler about Sam and Gabe
The Photography Project
You'll be okay, old friend
The Older Brothers
The past will always haunt us, brother

The birth of Destiel

1.4K 65 37
By Moosifer_bilinski

The Winchester's
Sam

That day, for the first time in a long time, Sam went home from school with a wide smile on his face. Everything was brighter in his eyes, happier. 

Dean had been curious when Sam had come up to him after school with a smile on his face and lollipop in hand. Now as they walked home, he kept glancing down at Sam, but Sam didn't care, all he could think about was his friend.

He really couldn't believe that they had actually ended up going to the same school.

"So... Sammy," Dean tapped Sam's arm to get his attention. "Did'ya have a good day at school?"

Sam nods, unable to stop his smile from growing wider. 

"I did too, I meet this other kid, Michael, and we ended up playing a school-wide game of tag, it was mega cool." Dean hummed, kicking a large stone along the footpath. "He said that tomorrow I could play with him and his friend, you can come if you want."

Sam shook his head, sticking the lollipop back into his mouth. He already had plans to play with Gabriel and Castiel tomorrow. 

"Do you have a friend or something?"

Sam nods, his attention distracted from his brother when he saw a familiar trio of boys up ahead. Without a second glance at his brother, he takes off. Running across the pavement, his scruffy sneakers slapping loudly on the concrete which drew the attention of the three boys.

"Sammy!" Gabriel grins, hugging the smaller boy when he caught up with them. "You should have called."

Sam rolled his eyes, Gabriel's tone was obviously joking but he still gives him his best bitch face. One day, he would master the art of bitch faces, but for now it just makes Gabe laugh.

"Hello Sam." Castiel pushes his glasses back up his nose. 

"Sammy, just the kid I wanted to see," surprisingly, this came from Lucifer. "I'm having my birthday party next month, wanna come? Your brother can too."

A birthday party? Sam had never been invited to a party before. It felt weird, but a nice weird. Finally, he had friends. He nods eagerly, grinning up at the taller boy. 

"Sammy?" Dean came up, slightly breathless. 

"Hey, you must be Deano, I'm Gabriel, Sammy's friend." Gabriel stuck a lollipop of his own in his mouth. 

"I'm Lucifer, and this is Cassie," Lucifer ruffles Castiel's fluffy black hair. 

Cas hits Lucifer's hands away, glaring at him as he straightened his hair. "It's Castiel."

Dean was looking at Castiel with wide eyes. Sam giggled as he watched his normally cool brother go bright red and stick out his hand. 

"Hi... hiya Casti- Castie... Castiel..?" 

Castiel nods as Dean finally pronounces it right, shaking his hand and tilting his head slightly. He seemed to be studying Dean, the two locked in some sort of staring contest. 
Little did they know, it was the birth of what will one day be called Destiel. 

"Do you like comics?" Dean asks. 

Sam expected Castiel to say no, the boy didn't seem into those kind of things, so he was surprised when Castiel nods. 

"We have a treehouse at home that I like to read them in, would you like to come over to my house?"

"Yes!" Gabriel jumps in, "and Sammy can hang out with me!"

Dean hesitates, finally looking away from Castiel to look at Sam. "Would that be okay Sammy?"

Sam nods enthusiastically, Gabriel's house was better than their stupid home foster home any day.

Dean turns back to Castiel, "okay then, sounds like we're coming over."

Lucifer grins. "Yay! Visitors!"

Castiel glares at Lucifer. "Ignore him, he's like a annoying toddler sometimes."

"That's mean to Alfie."

"Alfie isn't annoying."

***Dean***

Dean hadn't been over to another kid's house in years. He found himself both excited and nervous as they reach the Novak's house. It was a nice, two story house with white paint and pale blue trimmings. The white picket fence out the front reminded him painfully of his own home in that moment. 

"Dean?" The blue eyed kid, Castiel, was looking at him.

Dean wasn't sure what to think of Cas, he was so fascinated by those round blue eyes and messy black hair, but the kid spoke in such a weird, formal tone. Dean had never heard another kid talk like that.

Castiel led them in through the front door, and Dean finds himself in a cozy, messy entryway. The boys kick off their boots, Sam and Dean copying them, and head through another door to the hall. Lucifer took charge, leading them all through to the kitchen where a dark haired man was busying mixing something in a bowl. 

"Hey dad," Lucifer grabs a juice box out of the fridge, chucking one to each of the boys in turn.

"Luci- Oh, hi there boys." The man turned around, looking at Sam and Dean. 

Dean suddenly felt shy, and Sam huddled closer to him. 

"I'm guessing you're friends from school?" 

Dean nods.

"This is Sammy dad! The boy I was telling you about!" Gabriel, energetic as always, grabbed Sam's hand. 

"I'm Dean, Dean Winchester... Sir."

"Oh my... boys, you could learn a thing or two about manners from Dean," the man chuckles, "and no, I don't mean you Cassie." 

Castiel grumbled at the nickname.

"I'm Chuck, the father of these troublemakers." Chuck ruffles Lucifer's hair. 

"Hey!" Lucifer side-steps his dad, before running out of the room. 

Castiel sighs, opening his juice box. "Dean?" 

Dean follows the boy out of the room, glancing back once to see Sam hesitantly smiling at Chuck. Maybe this would be good for him... Dean just wanted Sammy to be happy. 

They walk out through the hall, leaving the cozy house behind as they head out into the backyard. Thankfully, the weather was mild and they run across the grass in bare feet. Castiel reaches the tree house first, grabbing onto the ladder and quickly scurrying up. 

Dean hesitates, grabbing onto the lower ropy rungs. He had never had a tree house before, he'd begged his dad for one, and had been meant to get one built over that summer... his heart pinged painfully as he realized they never got to do that.

Sighing sadly, he climbs up the ladder, wobbling as he wriggled up onto the tree house. It was a comfy one, with a good roof and sturdy sides. He ducks in through the small curtain of a door and finds himself in heaven. 

Fairy lights decorate the poster covered walls. Stacks of comic books, toys, and board games cover every inch of the floor. There was several cushions to sit on, and what appeared to be an old pizza box. 

"This is awesome," Dean grins.

"It's messy, Luci and Gabey were up here last night." Castiel pushed aside the pizza box, sitting down on the cushion and pushing the floor board up to revel a hidden cubby. "But at least they restocked the stash."

"Stash?" Dean, forgetting his nerves, shuffles forward from where he'd knelt on the floor. Sure enough, the cubby had sweets, junk food and soda hidden away within it.

"Wow."

"Do you want one?" Castiel grabbed a chocolate bar out, offering it to Dean. 

"Yes please," Dean takes it, hopping onto the cushion next to Castiel. 

Castiel grinned, Dean was sure it was the first time the boy had really grinned. "Now, lets read." He picked up a comic, and Dean did the same, finding an old spiderman issue next to him. 

The next hour seemed to go by in a blur, Dean got lost in the comics. Occasionally he and Castiel would share a joke, or make a comment but other wise it was silent. He wondered how Sammy was doing, his brother seemed to enjoy hanging out with Gabriel, which was great, but he still felt worried about leaving Sammy by himself. 

Castiel pulled two sodas out, chucking one to Dean.
"So... where did you live before here?"

Dean pops the can open, taking a sip of the refreshing bubbles as he thinks this over.

"Kansas, then we lived a few towns north of here..." Dean bit his lip.

"Oh... um..." Castiel looked like he wanted to say something, but he fell silent and took a sip of soda instead.

Dean crossed his legs, looking down at the can in his hands. He wondered if it was strange to be hanging out with this kid that was his brother's age. He didn't know why, there was just something about Castiel.

"Would you like to go to the park tomorrow?" Castiel asks suddenly.

"I would love to," Dean grins, feeling happier than he had in years.

~~~~
~~~~
Okay so with full time study, Job hunting and house hunting I never thought that would get another chapter out, but finally I did!

I'm loving writing them as kids, I cant wait to see how they grow up... 😁

Peace out 🏳️‍🌈🖤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 618 43
It was normal night at the Winchester home; Dean and Sam trying to fall asleep while their parents were watching tv in the living room. But somethin...
1.3K 77 20
Sam and Dean are going on a trip to find a new entity they discovered and it makes Dean go crazy, and even crazier for a certain angel. This has a bi...
570 18 13
This story is about Cas losing his memory after getting almost killed and Dean being accused of it. Dean walked into the scene. He went to Cas. He wa...
16.5K 983 37
Dean moved once again with his little brother and his dad. He meets Castiel Novak and falls in love. But a lot of stuff happens.. Alcohol, drugs, mi...